• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort in LoD - probably quite late with this question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Was there ever any official information given as to why Young Xehanort confronted Aqua/Ventus/Terra in the Land of Departure? How does this tie in with the plans detailed in DDD? It's all canon after all.

Apparently he's also shown walking toward the castle once one defeats him. I am confus. :l

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think there has been any confirmation as to why he showed up. And actually, as far as I'm aware of, his appearance in BbS hasn't been confirmed as canon.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've been digging through BBS and DDD interviews but I can't find any blunt statements saying it is but it is possible to place the battle in Aqua's story.

Terra left as LoD was being destroyed and went straight to the graveyard & Ventus also headed there after his meeting with Vanitas and I doubt he'd stop along the way with Vanitas saying he's gonna kill his friends.

Of course Aqua wouldn't stop there either and would also head straight to where Terra & Ven were going but unlike Terra & Ven she had plenty of time to go back to the LoD after the battle. (Terra & Ven weren't as lucky)

If the fight is canon Aqua fits the bill most for having fought it since she was around post keyblade graveyard to encounter it.

But, again, can't find nothing that blandly states it happened.
So far only the LS battle and Xemnas (KH1) battle have been confirmed to have happened with all the other secret bosses or extra battles never being stated again (Sora didn't even recognize or know of Sephiroth in KH2 despite the KH1 fight) so it's possible YX in BBS is the same even though his character became canon later.

Sdog

Awards
If YX from BBS does get confirmed as canon, it could lead for a cool boss fight with his twin blades =D. But we'll see, I guess it could be a failure from an attempt to ensure Ven become a vessel or something...

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ That's possible. If it's canon it's also possible YX was testing out his powers and from this learned what he can and can't do with time. Xehanort being curious by nature, it'd make sense.

Sdog

Awards
O that curious little Nort him.... what he's gonna do next even he could only guess...

But back OT it makes me wonder if it were canon would it be a confrontation made to all three of TAV or perhaps just one? Ven would make the most sense to me, but might as well try at all of em.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well as I pointed out Aqua's pretty much the only one with a window to which he could be confronted. TAV all go immediately to the Keyblade Graveyard and Aqua's the only one capable of doing anything after that fight.

Sdog

Awards
^You gotta point, =/. Only thing I could think of which would be completely out there would be if he were to had shown up during their training, which wouldn't plausible unless it became cannon through a flashback of sorts. While it wouldn't have mattered for Terra (cause we all know how that ends) it'd be the only time Ven would be available other than before the Eraqus battle.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Aqua doesn't make a whole lot of sense either because she acts like she hasn't seen the LoD devastated when she arrives there in the final episode.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
But we'll see, I guess it could be a failure from an attempt to ensure Ven become a vessel or something...

I'd rather say that YX was either there to "fetch" Vanitas for a ride through time (as Vanitas already has a piece of Xehanort) or to look if his future self's plans (snatching Terra) go along smoothly.
Ventus becoming a vessel is rather unlikely because Master Xehanort himself states in his reports in BBS that Ven is "unfit" to be a vessel for him.

Aqua doesn't make a whole lot of sense either because she acts like she hasn't seen the LoD devastated when she arrives there in the final episode.

Exactly, but since Nomura has already brought such things as "the character is canon but the event is not" it is entirely possible that they might go a step further and say that the character may be canon and also the fight, but the location is not and in actuality TAV (or one of them) actually fought YX at a totally different place in canon.
Considering the Realm of Sleep and its possibilities for in-between worlds (they exists in both the sleeping and waking realm), it's also possible that the "arena" of LoD the fight with YX takes place is within the Sleeping Realm and the fight with him is actually a dream so that none of TAV actually needs to be physically there.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Regarding the fight being canon:

His boss battle is unlocked when the player defeats Vanitas Remnant, then returns to the Land of Departure on a save file in which it is still accessible. Despite this odd situation, his scene is within canon[1]

Game:Young Xehanort - Kingdom Hearts Wiki, the Kingdom Hearts encyclopedia

Apperently it's something that was said in a Dengeki interview. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting the statement "scene is within canon"?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
This is the English translation of the excerpt the wiki linked to, and there's no mention about the fight being canonical in nature.

BbS Dengeki Interview said:
Q: The North American version of BBS is to be released soon?
Nomura: Yes, it will be released Sept 7. Even though we've added many things, the story has changed little. Mark Hamill will be voicing Master Eraqus, And the voice of Master Xehanort is Leonard Nimoy. -ramble about Star Trek that makes NO BLOODY SENSE- A new mysterious enemy has been added. It's terribly strong, so winning is an achievement. You meet it twice (possibly? I'm guessing that this is what that refers to), and Debacker had to try twenty times before defeating it once.

Q:
Is it stronger than the Vanitas Sentiment?
Nomura: We took a survey, and some people thought it was a little stronger than the Vanitas Sentiment, but others thought it was far stronger. Like the Lingering Sentiment of KH2FM+, its attacks are hard to predict, unlike the Vanitas Sentiment, which has movements that are fairly easy to read. The new enemy will use nefarious tricks.

Q:
Is the new character also involved with the story?
Nomura: As with the Lingering Sentiment, at the time of KHBBS I can't reveal that.

Q:
And the other major changes?
Nomura: Mega Flare proved too strong and violent, so we've weakened that ability. In addition, there were complaints about the reward for defeating the Vanitas Sentiment, so you will now receive his Keyblade as a prize. Such a modifitcation is a fun novelty that fits well in KH tradition.

Q:
Is there a new secret movie?

Nomura: No, sadly there is not, because we didn't have additional time. Instead, look to RE:Coded to prepare you for the secret movie. Please look forward to that, as NA gets no mobile content (implied: thus this is new content for NA). We considered many things, including KH:Days in the making of the secret movie.

Source: BbS Degenki Interview! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

In that page, it is also said,

As Nomura says in the interview "The new secret boss will be like how Lingering Sentiment was to KH2FM. You will think it's impossible that that can happen at that time of the story, but it actually happens."

However, no matter how many times I read the excerpt over and over, there is no indication that Nomura stated or implied that. The closest thing that comes to this is the following line:

Like the Lingering Sentiment of KH2FM+, its attacks are hard to predict, unlike the Vanitas Sentiment, which has movements that are fairly easy to read.

which refers to Young Xehanort's fighting style, not canonicity.

Edit: The excerpt that I posted is a pretty accurate translation save for a few minor confusion in the first question. If you're interested, you can read the original Japanese version here.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ This is why you should never trust KH wiki. It's one of the most misinformed wiki's there is.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
^ This is why you should never trust KH wiki. It's one of the most misinformed wiki's there is.

Oh, well I guess there I have my answer then. :D

Thanks guys. Let's see if Nomura decided to make it canon at some point after all.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Exactly, but since Nomura has already brought such things as "the character is canon but the event is not" it is entirely possible that they might go a step further and say that the character may be canon and also the fight, but the location is not and in actuality TAV (or one of them) actually fought YX at a totally different place in canon.
Considering the Realm of Sleep and its possibilities for in-between worlds (they exists in both the sleeping and waking realm), it's also possible that the "arena" of LoD the fight with YX takes place is within the Sleeping Realm and the fight with him is actually a dream so that none of TAV actually needs to be physically there.

I thought Aqua took LoD from the physical plane and transformed it to the in-between CO. How would the fight have taken place in the dream realm? I thought the only sleeping worlds were awakened by Sora. Or are you just saying they might have just dreamt the fight took place? Anything that remotely ties into the rules of DDD leaves me confused.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I thought Aqua took LoD from the physical plane and transformed it to the in-between CO. How would the fight have taken place in the dream realm? I thought the only sleeping worlds were awakened by Sora. Or are you just saying they might have just dreamt the fight took place? Anything that remotely ties into the rules of DDD leaves me confused.

The LoD was always in the in between realm, it's location never changed just it's shape.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Err, no, LoD always is/was an in-between world, just like Twilight Town as well. Aqua didn't change realms but only the layout of the world. In-Between worlds all have special properties and one of them is that they can exist in both realms (in-between and sleeping) at once, which is shown in DDD with Traverse Town, Mysterious Tower and The World that Never was, all in-between worlds just like LoD/CO and Twilight Town.
As far as we know, the Realm of Sleep always existed and why would the few worlds that Sora went to the only ones that are sleeping?
Nomura in fact points out the exact opposite:
Famitsu said:
— The setup certainly was different and trickier than before. In their travels this time they were essentially supposed to go to the worlds shut by sleep, but in the end, an entirely different world sets the stage.
Nomura: There are other worlds shut by sleep, from the start which ones they would go to was not decided. Even Yen Sid didn’t know which worlds they would go to. Amidst that, they were guided by two members of Organization XIII to the World That Never Was.

The condition (in order to gain the power to awaken sleeping hearts) was to unlock seven sleeping Keyholes, which seven that would be was in the long run not really important.

---

Since the world can exist in both realms, it might be a more in-canon explanation for the fight with YX in BBS even for Aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back