• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort and the Islands

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
I had just finished Ven's story on critical mode and decided to look through my trinity achieves and I came across one of Xehanort reports that made me wonder "what if". It was in Xehanort's report 10 and it said this.

Xehanort's Report X
As was to be expected, Ventus lacked the constitution for such an ordeal. I was able to remove the darkness inside him and create Vanitas, a heart of pure darkness, but Ventus drifted into the clutches of sleep.
Ventus' heart of pure light and Vanitas's heart of pure darkness...If both could be made strong enough to one day clash, I know the χ-blade would be forged.
But Vanitas took too much of Ventus's heart, and from that fracture, I could see the last of Ventus's light was slipping away. The boy deserved a place to spend his final moments peacefully. And what should come to mind but my own boyhood home.
My legs took me there unbidden, and as I stood there on the same beach where I had made my choice so many years ago, I thought: not a single thing has changed. Here, in this quiet world, time marches in place.
Content that Ventus would find peace here, I started to walk away—but just then, the boy held up his Keyblade. The light within him had not died.

The section in bold made me think if xehanort had any relations with sora or riku as he had lived on the islands before they where born. Eraqus even said that keyblade masters were to take their pupils and to train them, in this case it was terra and aqua but i wondered if ventus was MX child as he had been with him right from the start.
what i am trying to get to is maybe ventus could be an older brother of sora and MX could be sora's father. MX had probably taken ventus under his wing and left the islands before sora as born leaving him with his mother that we know is their because of her one line in KH1 also ventus physique is similar to soras, as well as the hair.

Please correct me if i am wrong but i was something that was bugging me. i you have any evidence to support this i would like to hear it, as well as evidence that could put this theory down the toilet. Thanks.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Nah, Ven isn't MX's kid. I can't remember exactly where, and I don't know if this is right, but I think Ven was actually an orphan, taken in by MX to be apprenticed, and eventually used for the X-Blade.
I have a feeling that the reason why Ven and Sora look so similar is because of their heart-connection. So in a sense, yes, Sora and Ventus are brothers. But not by blood. By heart.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I thought it was Soras Dad that took them out to the Island on boat, kinda hard for MX to do when hes out training Ven according to your theory. So far (this has been said plenty of times and ill say it again) family has nothing to do in KH. Its about friendship

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The section in bold made me think if xehanort had any relations with sora or riku as he had lived on the islands before they where born. Eraqus even said that keyblade masters were to take their pupils and to train them, in this case it was terra and aqua but i wondered if ventus was MX child as he had been with him right from the start.

Definitely not his child. Just look at the two of them o___O

Xehanort imo, sounds like he hasn't been back to his home world since the day he left, and he does write as if he found Ven as an orphan. Sorta irrelevant, but I remember it being a popular theory that Ven used to live in the abandoned mansion in Twilight Town.

what i am trying to get to is maybe ventus could be an older brother of sora and MX could be sora's father.

Sora's father is an invisible man who took he and Riku out to the play island the day they met Terra.

MX had probably taken ventus under his wing and left the islands before sora as born leaving him with his mother that we know is their because of her one line in KH1 also ventus physique is similar to soras, as well as the hair.

In this series, you can look exactly the same as someone else without having any blood relation.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Nah, Ven isn't MX's kid. I can't remember exactly where, and I don't know if this is right, but I think Ven was actually an orphan, taken in by MX to be apprenticed, and eventually used for the X-Blade.
I have a feeling that the reason why Ven and Sora look so similar is because of their heart-connection. So in a sense, yes, Sora and Ventus are brothers. But not by blood. By heart.
This, and it's pretty unlikely Xehanort has any blood relation to Sora or Riku. KH tends to avoid familial elements, most likely because they generally obstruct the fantasy quality of a story centered around kids going on an adventure. Unless Nomura really plans to pull a Star Wars on us, I think we can settle with Xehanort's time on Destiny Islands as being part of a circular notion; the story begins and ends with the land of the Paopu fruit.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I think we can settle with Xehanort's time on Destiny Islands as being part of a circular notion; the story begins and ends with the land of the Paopu fruit.
Well, that and the fact that it draws similarities between not just Sora and Xehanort, but Riku and the old geezer. Think about it: Xehy and Riku both came from DI. They both wanted to see the outside world. They were both willing to do anything for that chance to be free from that 'prison'.
The only difference is how they reacted after they gained that goal. Riku redeemed himself and is now dealing with guilt, regret, etc...trying to rebuild the trust between his friends and the trust he puts in himself.
Xehanort? He just wants what he wants and he'll do anything to get it. No regrets.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Pretty much everyone said what I was going to.
Hmm, while I doubt it, there is still a possibility that Master Xehanort is related to Riku or Sora. Cause from what I know, not a lot of people live on Destiny Islands, maybe only a handful of families or so. Although sometimes I think people just appear out of nowhere when the population goes down.

WaveK89

Crazy and unlikely theory: Ven and Ienzo are brothers. The idea sprung in my head when someone mentioned Ven could be an orphan.

Anyway, to be on topic, I really like the theory of Ven having lived in the abandoned mansion.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
So the real question is where are they all from, land of departure is home for keyblade weilder to train yet, they all come from elsewhere. Ventus is not from the land of departure or destiny island, and aqua and terra , we still dont know when they began to train withh xheanort

Etherealin

I believe it was said in the novel covering Vanitas' back story that Ven was an orphan that MX took in, but I like the haunted mansion theory.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@XIII Roxas XIII:
Ven was actually not with MX "from the start". Xehanort found Ventus someday during his travels around different worlds and noticed his potential to be a keyblade wielder and the bright light in his heart.
On which world this happened and how long before BBS can't be said as the only actual glimpse we get of Ven's past is the heartless-incident where Xehanort betrays him and destroys his heart...we don't know how long he already was MX's pupil before that.

Yeah, it can be interpreted out of how MX decribes when he found Ventus and it got "confirmed" in the novels.
Ventus was an orphan who never met his parents.
MX first wanted to train him to eventually steal his body for himself, but noticed that Ven was too kind-hearted and physically frail to be of use as a vessel for him, so he switched his intentions to use him for his x-blade plan. That only shows that from the very beginning MX only thought of the kid as a tool to use, not as an actual apprentice to care about like Eraqus or Yen Sid do.
Ventus could be pretty much described as Master Xehanort's first victim if one doesn't count the attack he made on Eraqus when they talked about the keyblade war.

That Sora and Ven look so much alike because of their connected hearts is indeed widely accepted because it is 1st) the closest connection possible between two hearts that isn't an outright fusion and 2nd) Sora's heart was just been born, it's very much safe to assume that Sora's newborn heart took some impressions of Ven's physique with it after it rescued his heart.

So yep, indeed, if we don't look at the biological factors but the mythology of the series Ventus and Sora could be described as "heart-brothers" or brothers-by-heart.

So the real question is where are they all from, land of departure is home for keyblade weilder to train yet, they all come from elsewhere. Ventus is not from the land of departure or destiny island, and aqua and terra , we still dont know when they began to train withh xheanort

The real question would be if that is really necessary to know for the future of the storyline. If Terra, Aqua and Ven become regular major characters in the series and remain important enough after the Xehanort saga some of these info might be addressed if important enough, though I would not bet on it.

For Ventus, Destiny Islands is the only world that is really out of the question as his original home world while Land of Departure is his adoptive home.
For Terra and Aqua however, it is not sure if Land of Departure is their original home world or not, it can't be confirmed nor ruled out.

One glaring error you have in your post though: Aqua and Terra never began to train with Xehanort, their master was always Eraqus. Only Ven trained under Xehanort as a kid.

I believe it was said in the novel covering Vanitas' back story that Ven was an orphan that MX took in, but I like the haunted mansion theory.

The one doesn't rule out the other.
Ventus can be an orphan and still originate from the haunted mansion. Like that he either lived there alone like a street kid (the mansion lies outside Twilight Town so few people might have noticed) or that he had a caretaker that more or less looked after him.
Maybe the mansion was once even an orphanage? Who knows, possibilities are vast...^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back