• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xbox 360 game reviews

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortythugsta

G0t anth1ng 2 say b1+ch ?
evil_kenshin said:
sorry kingdom keyblade. but shortythugstar is most likely right, the reason the xbox lost the last console war was because of lack of sales in japan (a major market), if it fails again it will inevitably loose the console war again (one of the reasons it lost last time was due to japanese not liking hte size of the xbox, this latest xbox is bigger than both the ps2 again so thats a downpoint to japanese) also the list of japanese xbox360 backwards compatabilitly list is patheting only 12 games, with 1/4 being halo games (they count the mission pack as a seperate game)

i agree, sony cleary one this race since their console are mostly favor in europe and japan and the xbox 360 only bought alot in northa america so we already have a clear leader that the sony is actually gonna win. I bet you that the 360 sales would be soo poor in japan next time they make a console their not gonna launch it in japan.

shortythugsta

Kingdom Keyblade said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the PS3 big as well? Of course, by now "Playstation" is a name anyone recognizes, so that probably doesnt matter. Size of a console should not matter at all. As long as its not as big as a tv, why should anyone care?

I admit, Microsoft screwed up with the small bc list for Japan. But, it was stated somewhere that new bc programs can be downloaded through Live, (Both Gold & Silver memberships) thus expanding the list. I honestly don't see why Microsoft made the Japan Backwards Compatable list so small. so far the 360 has more support from Japan than the original, so things are actually lookin' pretty good for it.

like only three support from japan since i was watching g4 speecial report. The only support is the father of the final fantasy series and now he is working for microsoft and against his own company he created, the guy that created lumines and medios also e3, and some other guy

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
I have to say that it wasn't just japan that sony won in. Europe was called "sonyland" adn japan is well,japan. They must get better at marketing in japan and europe. They have north america tied up but they must make something appealing to japan, and europe. I like both companies but the ps3 with it fully backwards combatable support, along with the technologic seperior console(by a slim margen) will help game devlopers get inovative and good,flowing games out.

shortythugsta

pwn3d to the max said:
I have to say that it wasn't just japan that sony won in. Europe was called "sonyland" adn japan is well,japan. They must get better at marketing in japan and europe. They have north america tied up but they must make something appealing to japan, and europe. I like both companies but the ps3 with it fully backwards combatable support, along with the technologic seperior console(by a slim margen) will help game devlopers get inovative and good,flowing games out.

i agree on that too

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
My friend and I picked up his version about 3 hours ago and well... It sucks... Ofcourse Launch games aren't that great but... this is bad... Perfect Dark Zero even sucked... Great Graphics but that's about it. Gameplay wasn't that fun and it just wasn't anything amazing. This isn't the "revolution" everyone is making it out to seem like. There is no change in my mind of gaming, just being let down. The 360 for now is just a nice version of the Xbox. Later on into the games life we will see more potential, better use of the hardware, but don't waste your money on it now, there is nothing ground breaking on it.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
either way its gonna flop here in australia, we don't get it to march the 2nd (Despite a supposed world wide release), there is no HD-TV support for australian versions of the games (an article on team xbox) and were paying more than what the convesion rate+taxe's should equal, overall a lousy release in australia and like usual we get shafted (i wasn't buying anyway but i hate it when australia gets the dodgy end of the stick)

edit: well the HD-TV think was debunked, similar to the rumour that ps3 wouldn't play second hand games

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
You have to wait till March 2nd!? That's crazy... I mean I could understand if you were in a country that was out there... But Australia's a freaking continent... That's like saying "World Wide Release - Minus Europe!"

H

Hellpark

One thing I can tell you. PS3 will be bette ron this forum because Kingdom hearts is for PS so PS all the way...NO!

Xbox 360 is just as compatible as the PS3 with better online connection and more online games. Its fun aswell. Plus you cant tell what something is when you never played it.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I haven't been here for a while but I've seen some of X-play's reviews and the games are doing great the only ones that are falling short of the Next-Gen Stats is EA's two games Madden and Live that's it and so far its okay anyway they got the system like way too late so that is another factor of why both the games were bad well they were good but basically don't have any gameplay too them I'm getting a PS3 but I do want a Xbox 360 and Not for Halo 3 I haven't even played the 1 and 2nd ones at all I want it for PGR3 DOA4 and Tony Hawk's Game and a ton of others like Full Auto and Call of Duty 2 and Battlefield two and to those who say PS has KH man I love the game but KH isn't the best game PS has seriously but I can tell you what attracts me to the 360 being able to save without memory card and custom soundtracks and also they're online community is going to be 10X better this time around and Don't Judge the 360 before you play it cause I'm not I'll say its good but don't know that for sure I'll probably get mine Christmas or for My Birthday Next week Dec. 2 I'll be turning 16 by the way

shortythugsta

i was on tv last night did anyone see me on g4 if u didnt u can watch a reshow :D u can see my friend in front in the line wearing black calling me from the back, but i wasnt there to buy an xbox 360 i was there with some friends since i live near best buys in los angelos actually i live like on 3 blocks away from it. Me some of my freinds just went because we were bored and i got to play the abox 360 but only call of duty so that was gay. I played but there nothing revolutionary about it if u compare call of duty on the xbox 360 from the pc that what i think. so the point is tha6t were is the next gen games i havent seen any so far except for pgr3 where is next gen going.

H

Hellpark

PS3 is supposedly trying to be next gen but there are some flaws. They dont test out there things. The PS3 will not be using GDDR3 RAM, it's going to be using XDR, which is new and is HIGHLY risky, as it's not been tested correctly. The silicon for the XDR and the new nVidea chip wasn't even available until September! So that's pretty much why you're not going to see the PS3 until the middle of next year at the earliest.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well to the guy above Next-Gen is here but it isn't here it really won't be here till later on like Mid next year that's when will start seeing the good games launch titles never are good some are and some aren't like Xbox GC and PS2 launch titles suck but later in 2001 we got GT3 for the PS2 so I'm thinking that sometime next year a game will be here that is a true next-gen oh yeah in the meantime I have a little something to show you guys

madden_06_promised9905a.jpg

remember this one the one during E3 well this is what you got

madden-nfl-06-20051108023615523.jpg

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
good things come to those who wait, the ps3 will be way better. My friend waited 7 hours for a 360 hunk of junk, to me it doesn't look or feel like anything special.

starry_eyed_hero

I'm not very interested in the Playstation 3. To me, it just comes off as some cold hunk of metal that's only purpose is to generate superior graphics. I have a feeling that these enhanced graphics and specs wont give me the fun and enjoyment that I want from a video game system.

I want the Xbox 360 because it seems like a system I can really have fun with, and be able to share with all of my friends so that we can all have a good time.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Well Sony has no need to worry!

MGS4 for example will use its own revolutionary system called XXXX system. It's meant to play very original and all and it's gonna be for the PS3 of course (if you didnt know, you have lived under a rock for months)

I'm not gonna buy the 360 anyways. PS3 all the way!

I'm not very interested in the Playstation 3. To me, it just comes off as some cold hunk of metal that's only purpose is to generate superior graphics. I have a feeling that these enhanced graphics and specs wont give me the fun and enjoyment that I want from a video game system.

I want the Xbox 360 because it seems like a system I can really have fun with, and be able to share with all of my friends so that we can all have a good time.
It's your opinion, so I'm not gonna try to change it, but I gotta say, it's ridiculous!!

Have you actually paid attention to all the stuff that has been said like... everywhere?! It's clear that X360 has it's main purpose to generate superior graphics just as much as the Playstation 3. Hell, if you ask me maybe even more. The difference is that the PS3 will have *slightly* better graphics. Almost not noticable though from what I've heard.
Now I only suggest you to take a look around for a while. For example, check IGN's PS3 and XBOX360 Sections. First check the PS3 games, then the 360 games. You'll notice how original the PS3 games are. (sure a few sequels, but the sequels that have been confirmed will do something totally different)
Having fun is possible on both systems, since they aren't much different.

I would like to say one thing though which I think is a big mistake of you.

You may not know (sh*t happens) but unlike the 360, the PS3 will make possible to play with 6 people on one game with the wireless controllers. The 360 does not have that.
Plus the PS3 will allow you to make contact with your pals that has a PSP and to trade stuff and that kind of things.
So if you wanna have fun and share stuff, PS3 is more your choice.
Either you review your opinion, or you think of better arguments that actually make sense.

F

FoRtMiNoR112205

look, im gonna get both because i like both of the companies..any one got a problem with taht ??

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I don't have a problem lol but I can say this 3 things in Xbox 360 I liked was custom soundtracks to the games I know it was on Xbox but I didn't like the Xbox but still 2 is the online play is better this time around and I've never tried online but I've seen like Gotham T.V for PGR3 and it looks awesome and also it doesn't matter if PS3 will let you play with 6 people at one time 4 is good enough to me but I'll still be getting both cause all the games I like are on both systems but Who I think will win out of all 3 of these systems is the Nintendo Revolution I just like to play old games I can't find anymore like Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time I don't own the game no more actually I never did borrowed it from a friend and now its on Ebay but why buy when you can download it or Super Mario 64 that is the best idea ever and that's why it would win to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back