• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xbox 360 game reviews

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Hey over at IGN they have been reviewing some games that are out now for the 360 and they aren't the type of scores you might be expecting

NBA Live 06 got a 5.9 vs. the 9.0 score it got for the GC,PS2,PC, and Xbox

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland got a 8.3 vs. the 8.5 on current consoles

Project Gotham 3 got a 8.8 the same as the 1st PGR and actuall you'll have more fun with PGR2 than 3 cause it got a 9.5

NBA 2K6 got a 7.8 vs. 8.0 it got on PS2 and Xbox

NFS: Most Wanted got a 8.0 vs. 8.5 it got for the current consoles

I can tell you guys this Sony can learn from this mistake and make their games better cause the problem with all these games were they focus on the graphics rather than gameplay cause LIVE 360 took everything out that made Live for current consoles good like Superstar mode Dunk Contest and Dynasty mode are gone its just play the game be happy with the graphics so I guess this will teach the developers a lesson that gameplay matters more than graphics on anything

shortythugsta

G0t anth1ng 2 say b1+ch ?
go to 1 up if u want to see episode 5 where they critique all of the xbox 360 games that will be there at lunach. i hate the 360! ps3 4 life! im not going to buy one since we already know that the ps3 will be better than the 360 and graphically two since it is not using dvd roms no more and uising blue ray disc which will allow more things two fit in than a dvd disc.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well don't say PS3 will be better than 360 not saying that it won't but you never know I love the PS3 and will get one but I'm also getting a 360 too this christmas but still anyway there really isn't a big difference in the graphics for PS3 and 360 either but besides that I'm just saying the developers and sony need to watch what they do next time when they want to try a stunt like that again cause you see what happens when you take away the good stuff in a game and just leave it like you were watching a NBA game for real but I've decided not to get NBA 2K6 for christmas if I get the bundle I'll get THAW instead or COD2(Call of Duty 2) or DOA4

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
true, for example xbox360's port of call of duty 2 only supports 8 players compared to the PC's 32 player support

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

Jinx said:
actuall you'll have more fun with PGR2 than 3 cause it got a 9.5
That's kind of a bold statement dont you think? Saying that because IGN thinks a certain way about PGR2, that means that we will have more fun with it than PGR3?

shortythugsta

Jinx said:
Well don't say PS3 will be better than 360 not saying that it won't but you never know I love the PS3 and will get one but I'm also getting a 360 too this christmas but still anyway there really isn't a big difference in the graphics for PS3 and 360 either but besides that I'm just saying the developers and sony need to watch what they do next time when they want to try a stunt like that again cause you see what happens when you take away the good stuff in a game and just leave it like you were watching a NBA game for real but I've decided not to get NBA 2K6 for christmas if I get the bundle I'll get THAW instead or COD2(Call of Duty 2) or DOA4

well your gonna be wasting 300 hundred buck or 400 for the premium then:eek:
and y buy 2 console that are gonna cost alot? and the ps3 always have better titles more games and everything is always better? and the only reason the xbox 360 is gonna come out before every other station because they know there gonna lose the console war. because the ps3 is gonna be on top and the revolution actually will have a chance this time and y get call of duty not pgr3 since it got a perfect 10 or perfect dark zero ?

evil_kenshin

first off the comment about theres not that big a difference between xbox360graphics and ps3 graphics is a bit stupid, considereing we have not seen what the ps3 or xbox360 is fully capable of, it won't be to the last years of both consoles that we see their true power, but ps3 in the end since its coming out later will most likely have the best graphics

second of all, there is truth to what shortythungsta says, the ps3 will have better and more exclusive games than the xbox360 as a majority of xbox games were ported to the pc or vice versa and i doubt it will be much different this tmie around

but we will have to wait to both consoles have been out for a bit to compare

Demon X

Website
www.xanga.com
To make a long story short....1. Xbox360 sucks, 2. PS3 is going to rule over Xbox360 rather you like it or not, and 3. Don't waste your money on the Xbox360 when you could just spend it on the PS3.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
LOL TEH XBOX IS LIEK TOTAL NOOB!

Really, I think that if it wasn't for halo 3 noone would buy the xbox360, all the stuff that is there is good but, there just isn't many games at launch, and the ones at launch aren't much more than pretty looks.

All of that could also be said about the ps3, not much is known about it besides it's specs and like 3 games. I wouldn't say anything about either yet, wait till both come out and either one might pull a dreamcast.

evil_kenshin

sephirot_rules said:
I've played it, it has awsome graphics and it's soo realistic...

that may be the case but forwhatever reason they felt the need to limit it to 8 players online, also read the xbox360 gamespot review for quake 4, got 6.6 for framerate issues and other problems

edit: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Xbox360-Auct...7197950394QQcategoryZ4291QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its laughable how much someone will pay for an xbox 360 e-mail address, already nearly $700 and its still got 4 days to go

Kingdom Keyblade

Wow, I never realized how many Sony fanboys are on this forum. Sheesh.

First of all, Halo 3 will not be the only good game for 360. Whoever thinks that obviously doesnt pay attention to news about 360.

For the most part, IGN completely changed their standards for reviewing and rating games. This is next-gen, after all. And as for the sports games being worse than their current-gen brothers, that's EA's fault. They watered down the game, and only improved the graphics and menus. And console launch titles are NEVER that impressive. Perfect Dark Zero and Condemned: Criminal Origins are definitely the best launch titles. PS2's launch titles sucked, PS1's Launch titles sucked. N64 luanch titles sucked except for Mario 64, and Xbox's launch titles sucked except for Halo.

And don't even think about calling me an Xbox/Microsoft fanboy. I'll be getting a PS3, but ONLY for MGS4 and MAYBE Devil May Cry. As far as I know, PS3 wont have many games that suit my tastes if it has a similar game library to PS2. I also doubt that friggin boomerang controller will be comfortable to hold, but whatever.

shortythugsta

xbox 360 will lose in the console war ahaahHahahahahaahaha no seriously because there is no halo 3 yet ahahahahahahahahhahah *cough cant laugh any more* your wasting money and time standing out of bestbuy for 2 days to buy one

Kingdom Keyblade

shortythugsta said:
xbox 360 will lose in the console war ahaahHahahahahaahaha no seriously because there is no halo 3 yet ahahahahahahahahhahah *cough cant laugh any more* your wasting money and time standing out of bestbuy for 2 days to buy one

Don't you think it's a little early to make a "prediction" like that? Geez, fanboys can be so entertaining sometimes. Go ahead and think that if it makes you feel all warm inside. We'll see who wins the console wars in 5 years, buddy.

evil_kenshin

sorry kingdom keyblade. but shortythugstar is most likely right, the reason the xbox lost the last console war was because of lack of sales in japan (a major market), if it fails again it will inevitably loose the console war again (one of the reasons it lost last time was due to japanese not liking hte size of the xbox, this latest xbox is bigger than both the ps2 again so thats a downpoint to japanese) also the list of japanese xbox360 backwards compatabilitly list is patheting only 12 games, with 1/4 being halo games (they count the mission pack as a seperate game)

Kingdom Keyblade

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the PS3 big as well? Of course, by now "Playstation" is a name anyone recognizes, so that probably doesnt matter. Size of a console should not matter at all. As long as its not as big as a tv, why should anyone care?

I admit, Microsoft screwed up with the small bc list for Japan. But, it was stated somewhere that new bc programs can be downloaded through Live, (Both Gold & Silver memberships) thus expanding the list. I honestly don't see why Microsoft made the Japan Backwards Compatable list so small. so far the 360 has more support from Japan than the original, so things are actually lookin' pretty good for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back