• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xaldin's Motivation in Beast's Castle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Did they ever explain this? Sure, Goofy deduces Xaldin must want to recruit Beast's nobody for Organization XIII, but why...

Xemnas has ordered every other member to force Sora to fight Heartless in other worlds.

Conversely, it seems Xaldin unilaterally decided to torment Beast and Belle for the sake of obtaining one more Nobody.

Why would they need one more Nobody? Did Xemnas order Xaldin to do this, or was Xaldin rouge at this point?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Maybe Xaldin wanted to turn Beast's nobody into a tool for his own use in battle. He'd be that much deadlier with a mindless drone of a beast.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That's what I always assumed ^, Xaldin wanted a beast he could control not another member to fill the seats.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Honestly? I always thought Xaldin was doing it for his own purpose. Not to recruit Beast - at least, not really. I was always of the opinion that he just liked diddlying with him and wanted to ruin his life for no other reason than to be a dick. Maybe that's why I like Xaldin so much, despite him being one of the least developed members. I really doubt Xemnas gave him actual orders to do what he did to Beast.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
If you ever played Days you get this feeling that Xaldin has some beef with the beast. He goes out of his way to belittle him every time Roxas brings him up. Its like Xaldin has an obsession with the Beast.

Awards
I got that feeling, too. Maybe it was because the Beast was finding love. Xaldin really seemed to loathe the very notion of love, like he'd had very unpleasant memories with it. I mean,

Roxas: Love? What's that?

Xaldin: It's an emotion. The one deluding those two as we speak.

Roxas: Oh...

Xaldin: They think the power of love will save them? That's the stuff of poetry, not practicality.

Roxas: Love is a power?

Xaldin: None you or I will ever grasp. Nor will they, for long. The love between them will wither and die. Love never lasts.

Roxas: But you don't have a heart. How would you know?

Xaldin: I have eyes, and a brain. We have no further business here. Try not to dawdle.

I mean, he literally just goes to the castle sometimes to stare at beast hatefully and make remarks about how much he hates him. On our first mission to Beast's Castle with him, he made it clear that he's probably been observing Beast for quite a while now.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's some kinda hatecrush.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I got the feeling that Xaldin was one of the guys who bought into the whole "Nobodies don't have feelings" lie 100%... and actually liked it. Any time he's not obsessing over the Beast, he's talking about it's such a good thing to be free from emotions, both in the game's dialogue and, if I remember correctly, the secret reports as well.

As Mega pointed out, he might've had some very unpleasant past experiences with love and/or emotions in general. He comes across to me as a cynic who acts as though he (and other Nobodies) are above it all. Something must've happened to cause him to develop such a disgust for the idea of love, and he took it out on the Beast... not that WE'LL ever know, of course...

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Nah, Xaldin just wanted a nobody buddy to share the same hairstyle.

Jokes aside, I agree with others. I think he just wanted a weapon to use and that's all or maybe just deeply hates love. We really need more backstory of most of the Nobodies =-=

Awards
Maybe Xaldin was Gaston all along. He was deeply hurt by Belle's kidnapping and pitied her broken home, only to find that she had fallen for her captor.

Heartbroken and alone, Gaston moved away, got plastic surgery, changed his name. But nothing worked. He still felt empty. And when he had to chance to throw away his heart, he took it, because for all his trying and for all his boasting, it hurt to not be the best. Everyone always praised him and put him on a pedestal. He fell for the one girl who didn't. It's a classic shoujo setup, but yet, he didn't get the girl.

So he stalks the two of them, not that his part of Org XIII. He hates them, he hates love. He feels so free now, freed of the tethers of a heart, but he still remembers the hatred he had for them. With only that hatred and rage, and none of the love, all he wants now is for them to suffer.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, Days made me think he was personally obsessed with Beast's Castle. Maybe it was just he was jealous that he couldn't feel their powerful emotions, but masked it with hatred. Larxene, Vexen, and Saix are similar in that they're all overly hateful and for no real reason. Their inability to feel emotions (or their beliefe that they can't, anyway) must've been hard for them to accept. Someone like Demyx seems to be a case of ignorance is bliss; I don't really think he thought about their existence much.

Master Alew

Xaldin obsessed with Beast... This fan fictions write themselves.

Maybe the backstory of Xaldin was cut off in the final product or it was left intentionally unexplained to make us think about it.

Ultima Spark

I got that feeling, too. Maybe it was because the Beast was finding love. Xaldin really seemed to loathe the very notion of love, like he'd had very unpleasant memories with it. I mean,

I mean, he literally just goes to the castle sometimes to stare at beast hatefully and make remarks about how much he hates him. On our first mission to Beast's Castle with him, he made it clear that he's probably been observing Beast for quite a while now.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's some kinda hatecrush.

I've always found this ironic, considering the major motivation for the RAX trio's actions regarding each other (especially later on) is [not-necessarily-romantic] love (even if they don't fully comprehend it for whatever reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back