• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

X [spoilers]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Adamus

I think I figured out where the 'X' in Organisation names came from;

Master Xehanort is shown holding a shimmering X (I think while he's talking about the X-Blade). This X appears in the same style as the X that joined 'SORA' at Roxas' naming ceremony.

Nothing really important about it, just something I noticed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchman

Could be like the x symbolizes the x-blade, an item which is much sought after even after all those years.

Sir Adamus

Quick theory:
The 'X' naming pattern is due to residual memories from Master Xehanort about the X-Blade. Maybe Xemnas is enacting Terra's and MX's desires - searching for Terra's Friends, one of whom is residing in the chamber of waking and is known to have possessed the X-Blade - which MX sought after.

A

Azrael

Perhaps this is what Ansem SoD wanted. The X blade as well. I'm not sure. But it's possible the Heart Unlocker could had been an incomplete version of the X blade.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I guess if Xemnas remembers his time as MX when he created the organization, then his obsession with the X blade could have been his inspiration for using X in all the member's names.

Interesting, nice observation.

Sir Adamus

5ys3nd.png

Romi

Initially I thought it was a plot device that's just generally unimportant like the sugar bowl from 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'. But then after seeing Aqua battling a Vanitas-possessed Ventus, it's definitely a keyblade (which looks amazingg). By the way, what exactly does it bestow the wielder apart from 'ultimate power' or something of the like?

Sir Adamus

1-4.png

Evidence.

I'm guessing the X-Blade has some Kingdom Hearts based ability, though I don't know exactly what yet.

Z

Zulkir

Initially I thought it was a plot device that's just generally unimportant like the sugar bowl from 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'. But then after seeing Aqua battling a Vanitas-possessed Ventus, it's definitely a keyblade (which looks amazingg). By the way, what exactly does it bestow the wielder apart from 'ultimate power' or something of the like?

I think it's too obnoxious looking, just way too big.

However since the "Legendary Keyblade" is something everyone seems to have nowdays, an "X-Blade" legendary weapon(which the keyblade was supposed to be) fits well.

Supposedly unlocks kingdom hearts right?

advent wolf

SWEET OWO that's an awesome keyblade. If the X blade was the reason for what MX was looking for, where is the X blade during KH -> KH Coded?

Sir Adamus

I think it's too obnoxious looking, just way too big.

However since the "Legendary Keyblade" is something everyone seems to have nowdays, an "X-Blade" legendary weapon(which the keyblade was supposed to be) fits well.

Supposedly unlocks kingdom hearts right?

Seems like it.
And I suppose people's opinions on it must vary - I think it's awesome, but then again, I always have to have the best/rarest things in games (like the best weapons etc.).

shingobunny

No one's mentioning (or, it was mentioned and I missed it) the obvious thing about the X-blade--it's pronounced "Chi-blade," like the Greek letter. (This also is a parody of "Kiibureedo", and pronounced the same way.)

Crackpot theory begins now: Apparently, while I was looking it up, X (chi) was used to symbolize the "soul of the worlds" in Plato's works. :x. Probably nothing insightful, and more insane.

I think, given both Xehanort and Braig's intentions, X in names could very well describe the meaning of this. Or, at least be inspired by it.

A

Azrael

Relating to the X Blade, I assume that it has the power to open People's Heart just like Heart Unlocker

Sir Adamus

No one's mentioning (or, it was mentioned and I missed it) the obvious thing about the X-blade--it's pronounced "Chi-blade," like the Greek letter. (This also is a parody of "Kiibureedo", and pronounced the same way.)

Crackpot theory begins now: Apparently, while I was looking it up, X (chi) was used to symbolize the "soul of the worlds" in Plato's works. :x. Probably nothing insightful, and more insane.

I think, given both Xehanort and Braig's intentions, X in names could very well describe the meaning of this. Or, at least be inspired by it.

I did not know this.
Thanks for this, but in the dub it will probably be pronounced Ex-blade, so the joke will probably be lost.

shingobunny

I did not know this.
Thanks for this, but in the dub it will probably be pronounced Ex-blade.

I think it might remain the same, since the font for the X is actually a lower-case chi, not just a simple X. They're generally good with keeping pronunciation, since hellish names like "Marluxia" are close to the Japanese. ...Then again, we didn't get "Vixen". For better or worse.

Sir Adamus

I think it might remain the same, since the font for the X is actually a lower-case chi, not just a simple X. They're generally good with keeping pronunciation, since hellish names like "Marluxia" are close to the Japanese. ...Then again, we didn't get "Vixen". For better or worse.

1-4.png

It's because of this that I think it will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back