• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► X-Men: First Class

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Surprised no one has jumped onto this yet. So I figured I might as well make the thread.

X-Men: First Class is the next feature film instalment in the X-Men franchise from Fox. A prequel of sorts to the first X-Men movie, this one will focus on a period where Professor X and Magneto were friends with younger actors all taking the roles the characters we're familiar with.

Here's the cast so far:

James20McAvoy_Professor20X.jpg

James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier/Professor X

Michael20Fassbender_Magneto.jpg

Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr/Magneto

Jennifer20Lawrence_Mystique.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/Mystique

Nicolas20Hoult_Beast.jpg

Nicolas Hoult as Hank McCoy/Beast

Alice20Eve_Emma20Frost.jpg

Alice Eve as Emma Frost

Caleb20Landry20Jones_Banshee.jpg

Caleb Landry Jones as Sean Cassidy/Banshee

Lucas20Til_Havok.jpg

Lucas Til as Alex Summers/Havok

Kevin20Bacon_X-Men20First20Class.jpg

and Kevin Bacon as the villain.
(Rumoured to be Mr Sinister or Sebastian Shaw.)

Only two characters I can think of that are important and missing are Scott Summers/Cyclops and Marvel Girl/Jean Grey. Hoping they get announced soon.

Directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass, Layer Cake), final screenplay by Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass) and produced by Bryan Singer, X-Men: First Class is expected to be in cinemas by June next year.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
This franchise is really starting to remind me of Star Wars. We get the 3 installments, then we get a prequel (Wolverine) and now a prequel to a prequel. Not that I don't enjoy the movies, I actually like them a lot more than most superhero movies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Haha I just found out about this last night. I'm not sure what to think of it. I kinda like the premise, but I can't tell where they're going with it. They label it "First Class", so I can only assume it's based on the original issues of the X-men. But then why is Emma Frost there? And why is Hank McCoy both thin and pretty? As a matter of fact, this whole cast looks way too pretty for my taste (except the kid playing Banshee). If you removed the pictures of the characters they play, I'd think this was the new cast for The OC or something.

If it weren't for who's directing/writing the film, and the involvement of Kevin Bacon, I'd be completely dreading this. ESPECIALLY after Origins and X-3.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
It's fun to think of that guy as a young Kelsey Grammar.

Also I don't see what this movie will accomplish other than just being cool and notalgic. Whatever happened to Origins: Magneto and whatever Deadpool spinoff was going to happen?

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
So far so good. The cast seems promising, though I wonder what happened to X-Men Origins: Magneto. Wasn't it scheduled for making after X-Men Origins: Wolverine if my memory serves me right? =3

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
David Goyer was the name attached to X-Men Origins: Magneto and currently he's a little preoccupied working on the story for the next Batman and Superman films.

Wise career move.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I'm still hesitant about this. It looks like a promo for a tv show rather than a blockbuster movie. And I'm going to assume yellow and blue means they're an X-man....so why is Mystique wearing yellow and blue...?

It is cool to see Black and White together, though.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Is this film really supposed to come out this year? I haven't been following, but a few sites do have it listed for a 2011 release. I thought it was just being filmed starting this year or something. <.<

Ace.

Banned
It's coming out this year? I barely started reading about it recently...That was fast.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Official X-Men Thread

Are they using the same actor who played Cyclops in Wolverine Origins?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Are they using the same actor who played Cyclops in Wolverine Origins?

I doubt we'll be seeing Cyclops at all; First Class, if memory serves me right, is set when Professor X and Magento were both young adults and at their prime.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I doubt we'll be seeing Cyclops at all; First Class, if memory serves me right, is set when Professor X and Magento were both young adults and at their prime.
I thought first class was about when Xavier was just starting the X-Men.
And that the one you're referring to was Origins Magneto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back