• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

X/1999

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

emos777

hmm never heard of it, (would like to kno how to actually say it) i mean is it an interesting anime or what? id like to kno more im a sucker for those "end of the world" type of stories

emos777

wow man u must hav a good eye for anime bc i jus watched the first 2 episodes and WOW.A magnificent anime with a story to match its powerful action! ive been in desperate anime mode for the past 2 months now and weather u kno or care u jus quenched my anime lust:thumbsup:

top notch animation to ad!

I've hear of it before, and I will check it out sometime. If I'm correct, CLAMP makes it, right? CLAMP always did have good stories.

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
I see Mary Sues...they're everywhere. They don't e
Website
sophiachi.livejournal.com
I have the first 4 volumes of the manga + have seen the anime (movie) dubbed in English. You know, X/1999 doesn't seem to have an ending, and it may never have a true ending. The manga is halted inexplicably at volume 18, leaving suspense that kills a lot of fans. There are 2 major reasons for this:
1.) CLAMP wants the series to end one way, their publishers want it to end another way. What they could've done is publish the final volume with CLAMP's ending, then in that same volume, publish the publishers' alternate ending. Which may not happen anytime soon because:
2.) In 2003 (I think), there was an earthquake in Hanshin, and it resembled how X/1999 portrayed doomsday (earthquakes in Tokyo n'such; that's a MAJOR plot point). So thus, as much as CLAMP would like to continue, they fear that further publishing would cause great controversy.
Basically, it's on what seems to be a semi-permanent hiatus. (It appears the DN Angel manga is on hiatus as well due to it lacking an ending) I just hope the creators of both mangas formulate an ending ASAP.

Haku

<3
I've read some of the manga, but besides a few details about the characters I don't really know anything else about the series.

Ultima Star

Can I still wait for you?
Awards
Website
z15.invisionfree.com
The thread..has replies? whoa cool :thumbsup: never thought someone wold reply to this thread, yeah well I just know about the story but I haven't watched it yet but I'm gonna buy it soon so yea:p
And yeah Clamp's the creator, they're awesome..and the only thing that could be a little..traumatic that'd be the almost yaoi scenes.*cough* I saw some images of the manga on photobucket so..um *cough* ^^;

Haku

<3
Yeah I just saw a few of the images on Photobucket as well, some of them are poor quality though.

emos777

yea i jus recently picked up this anime bc of this thread:thumbsup:(on ep. 5) i feel it to be a really good anime with a deep slightly confusing but incredibly interesting storyline. as Sophia Esteed said ealier was very accrutate information.(i read at wikipedia) i hope theres no outstraight yaoi pairings bc im REALLY not into that in anime....so far its a GREAT anime

ive also read the movie doesnt do a lot of justice for the manga, instead your better off with watching the story unfold through the series. dont jump me for the remark since i havnt read the manga or watched the movie/anime. this is jus what ive read on sum reviews on the interenet, it could just be opinion, i dont kno....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back