• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WTF Japan?! Do you hate us THAT much?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I was reading Aki Sora today and noticed that there was a forum thread saying that it was cancelled. I checked it out and found this bit of news.

Tokyo Anime & Manga Ban Passes

I realize that there are several people out there that don't really like the more sexual anime and manga, but some of the examples listed have a fairly large fan-base even amongst those that don't like the sexual stuff.

Kinda makes me happy that we already grabbed Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

By the way, since this seems to only apply towards anime fans I opted to keep it out of the General Discussion section and post it here.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
img-thing

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
[video=youtube;wOxt9PoJNkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOxt9PoJNkg[/video]

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
old news brah

shitsux but i doubt such a thing would stick around forever

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Yeah, pretty sure I made a thread about this before regarding the Youth Ordinance Bill passing (or rather, the update to the bill) last December.

More mature stuff is going to get cancelled, at least for now, and it goes into effect this July.

The likelihood that this will last is incredibly slim, and I imagine some works will probably just switch to being "underground" titles in the meanwhile. Its vagueness, though meant to broaden the net, seems more likely to expedite its own removal down the road.

Also, I'm fairly certain that this only applies to Tokyo itself. It's entirely possible that we'll see companies that don't support the bill moving and/or operating outside of Tokyo and using those venues for distribution. This would also expedite the bill's removal (or alteration).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back