• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Writing a book...i hope.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Light121

i live in a house, in a town, in a country
Website
www.xanga.com
i pre-apologize for any spelling issues that may be encountered in this post

ok, well, first things first, i'm working on a few book idea projects at once, and i'm having inspiration problems (and i have alot of other stuff i have to do, so it's hard to get alot done). If anyone can give me an idea of how to stay inspired or how i can generally just get more done, that would be great. one of the things i'm doing is co-writing a book thing with my friend, so we both have to write something so the other can work on it. consistant reason and motivation to keep writing, but this can be a problem, because our styles are similar, or at least similer enough that it won't make too much of a differece, but the kind of thing she likes to write differs from the kinds of things i write, and generally i write more/ write faster, so it doesn't work so well for ideas that are more like plot ideas than ideas i have for characters to create a story around (i hope that made sense to other people, it made sense to me because I know what I'm talking about).

Also, i have three general ideas for story's (well, three that i'm currently working with, i have others on hold that i more or less figured out). the thing with them is they are all somewhat similer, and since they are all general ideas, i can combine them at this point. the reason they are all similer is because when i write more fantasy type stories, they all end up with a similer time period. All of them are more or less in an unknown time in the future. i'll quickly outline them, so i don't get too confusing.

"Underground City" (not the names of the actual stories, they've been yet to be named apropriatly. )

this one is probably the most different of the three. basically, there was this one guy who created this underground town or city place. The idea is that people who are running away from their past, need a second chance, can't fit in with normal society, or want to try to start society over come here. part of the story is this group of people attepmting to create a life that is paradise (the name of the city will have a name of or relating to paradise), but also the story and backstory of the characters, and trying to find out the mystories of the town. o one knows the true pupose of the town, and the man who created it is unknown to most people. Eventually, the idea is that there is some crises or another which forces a group of people to search for the entrance back to the surface, and when they get there it's total destruction. possibly a war or something. there are people there, and each group of them is pretty defensive. i have more planned for after this, but i'm thinking that this will end up being more than one book, so i'll leave it open for now. Also, this is more or less from the perspective of a few different characters, but also all from one character at the same time. how exactly i do that depends on a few other things i might do.

"Futuristic Society"

well, for one, takes place in the future. this is my newest idea, so it has the least actual details, just a concept. the general idea is there is the one group of people who runs the society. Everyone born into the society has their blood tested for varous things, and generally, the "government" i suppose i'll call them are searching to create the most "pure" or healthy or whatever group of people. the people are divided into differnet groups or classes or something based on their genetics, and the government is also doing several different tests. The main character sort of knows about this i supose. anyway, this is about as much as i got right now. i haven't worked out the exact storyline yet.

"---------" okay, so i don't have a name for this one yet either. but it's also futuristic.

the idea of this story is sortof similer to the second idea here. There is a group of people who somehow became more than peopleand now hold power over one area of the earth. but the story mostly starts out and takes place in a city away from these people which is more or less like a ghetto, because whatever happened that put this group of peole into power, a lot of civilazation fell, and people mostly have to fend for themselves. there is this organization located out in different areas, but it's center base is the city, and basicly it's purpose is to protect the people in it, protect people outside it, and when they can, they find out as much as possible about the "superhumans" (that's not what i plan on calling them, it just sort of fits right now). i can't possibly explain all my ideas here on this, because there is so much i plan on adding for this, but to put this a bit more into perspective, the kind of humans that are in power are not the only people like them, there are others like them, though they are not all as strong. where these people all live though is generally close to each other and where their main power and group is. also, these people are also civilized, except they mostly think or "normal" humans as below them, and when they can make them work for them. there are some extreme groups of these people who are very against "normal" humans, so they do various bad things.

okay, so those are three small summeries of my ideas. if any of them sound too much like another thing you've seen or heard, tell me, i'll check it out. of anything i've read or watched or whatever, it isn't too similer, so i thought it was okay. but really, my question is, should i combine these? if i did, they'd all still be separate stories, but they'd be more like a series, though with alot of different characters.

also, any ideas or critisizems ( i know iw spelt that wrong) are also welcome. i won't bite your head of if you think it completely sucks.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Well, I admire a writer getting out there so. . .good for you. . . .uhh well here's the bad news, Idea 2 just seems too much like an action movie, The Island Minority Report, 1980 *snort*, either way what I mean is that it seems like it would only lead to a bunch of familiar chases and explosion for that Idea I will give you a 5/10 (5 out of 10)

Idea one, now there's an Idea people completely ignorant of the battle above find themselves. . .discovering it, here it's problem, I know it's not a done Idea bt you need to decide here and now how your charactors are going to be involved, and what the crisis above and below are aside form that it sounds okay, I'll not rate it for it's not a full Idea

Idea three sounds exactly like X-Men but post-apocolyptic

Light121

Website
www.xanga.com
um, well, the first one is mostly just going to focus about the characters, and because they are all outsiders of a sort, it will relate to their past ( i know, that is at least a cliched thing, but it's not going to be about their issues, just the issues are going to be present thoughout the story.) i realize that doesn't make exact sense, but that's because i know exactly what i'm talking about and without writing a whole lot and explaining everything i plan on putting into the story i can't very well explain it. also, i'm not entierly clear on what your asking, do you want to know about what happens above ground, or what happens below ground, or both? also, do you want more info about the characters i plan on using for it? (i did actually start to writ this one, so i have a genel idea).

as for idea three, i haven't seen x-men or anything, so i'm not exactly sure what you mean, but it's not supposed to be like a mutation, i haven't exactly decided what that is yet. that is my most imcomplete idea. actually, all of them are rather incomplete, which is why it's easy to take critisism for it.

anyway, thanks for responding.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Light121 said:
as for idea three, i haven't seen x-men or anything, so i'm not exactly sure what you mean, but it's not supposed to be like a mutation, i haven't exactly decided what that is yet.

What I mean is on X-Men the "Supervillans" are people with powers that beleive the "Normal people" are far below them and should die basically your villan's goals are exactly the same

XxXHeartlessXxX

to keep yourself from losing your motivation pick one that you strongly believe reflects on your personal life as well as a society...
like you can connect your personal experiences with you running away from your own fears as well as connecting to history like Hitler and his perspective of making an utopian society
but in my opionion i wish you the best of luck and you can always chat with me either by PMing me or AIM
(you have a friend in me)

Light121

Website
www.xanga.com
okay, that's nice to know, thanks. so, i'll tweak that part a bit. i'm sure by the time i actually get to that one, i'll think of something. although, they don't exactly think the normal people should just die, that's just the extremests. maybe it'd be better if i only used them as a passing refernce. another thing is, if i had a point of view from the "superhumns", it would make them seem less evil, but i don't know if that will fix the "x-em" thing. (as a side note, this is kinda what i was thinking when i said combining the three ideas, like if i wanted to put a point of view from a "superhuman", i could use the plot from idea three. Or i could just use the society's concept for it.) idk, anyway, i'll try to fix it so it doesn't sound too much like that. hey, that gives me an excuse to watch the x-men movies. "no, really, i'm working," *continues staring at tv screen*.

thanks for the imput and comments.

XxXHeartlessXxX

lol haha do you really think your mother would believe something like that? and your welcome all the ideas should come to you and who knows i might pick up your book one day and read kinda funny talking about the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back