• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wow! Got this game last week and it Blew my expectations!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moncus

Well, i did alot of research before actually buying CoM, it always had mixed reviews, some said it was too short, the fighting was difficult and not fun, dah dah dah, whatever whatever. Well it was 20$ at gamestop and ONLY a gameboy advanced game, so i had to think about buying this one. Well i got it and was hooked instantly. It completally blowed up my expectations. It had a very kingdom hearts feel to it, the graphics were gorgeous in 2D. (Infact i wouldn't mind another 2D based game on the DS, Think of how much more you could put into a game like that!)

The story, well i kind of ruined it for me because i watched a 3 hour video of all the cutscenes and bossfights before a bought the game, but it was still very nice to watch it in game. The music was better then any other gameboy game i've ever played, including DS games.

And one thing i get alot of mixed opinions about... It was ridiculous HARD! Riku Vrs. Fake Riku was hard as hell.. Sora Vrs. Fake Riku... Hard.. Riku Vrs. Ansem, just barely beat that one. Anyone who hasn't already played the game, GET IT! It was damn good!

Aqua

I got it within a few month of it coming out, and I also did not know quite what to expect, but I absolutely loved it. It's one of the best Game Boy Games I have ever played. Probably the boss that gave me the most trouble was also with the Riku Replica (last time you battle him in Reverse Rebirth mode).

True_Darkness

I had a simple solution to the game's diffuculty. When I played the only spells I had were cure. Everything else was an attack card of the highest number I could get or an attack card with the number zero and I never picked sleights. My strategy was wail on whoever attacked me and if they use a sleight use a zero from my group of zeros at the end of my string of cards. I never died once.

Yeah, it is my personal favorite game in the series. Though I did not think that the Riku vs ansem fight was hard at all. Maybe it was just me, though.

Moncus

That's Kingdom Hearts for ya! And yes, it was INSANELY hard...Well everyone but Sora's last boss (The real Marluxia) He was way too easy. =(
Yeah that was disappointingly easy.
_

The Riku Vs. Ansem fight took me like 30 or so trys though. The problem was how smart he was >_<. He used zeros on all my sleights. And he did rediculous damage to you. When my health was really low i coulden't pull mickey out cause' mickey takes a long time, always gives ansem time to zero it.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
lol u just got the game? haha =/ sorry... but yeah, i got it the day it came out xD it was pretty good. Esp. for a GBA game yes yes

Detronilizer

Do they plan on using the card feature in the future?

Well, Birth by Sleep will have a mixture of the deck system and the regular KH2 hack-and-slash system. From the information we have so far, it sounds really fun (no more button mashing!).

BTW, do you know Re:CoM, the remake of CoM for the PS2 that came out with KH2:FM that's Japanese-exclusive? It was a bit easier than the GBA CoM because the bosses tend to use sleights less, but it was still fun.

Moncus

Well, Birth by Sleep will have a mixture of the deck system and the regular KH2 hack-and-slash system. From the information we have so far, it sounds really fun (no more button mashing!).

BTW, do you know Re:CoM, the remake of CoM for the PS2 that came out with KH2:FM that's Japanese-exclusive? It was a bit easier than the GBA CoM because the bosses tend to use sleights less, but it was still fun.

I've heard of it, but no way to get it in the U.S :cry: Plus, if i cant read japanese, how am i supposed to play a strategy game? well.. Maybe.. I guess i can figure it out prolly. Wouldn't be too hard to make a deck. But the sleights may be a little confusing.

But wow a mix of the two sounds great. I like the idea of having a basic moveset, like KH2, but then being able to strategize and use sleights like in CoM.

xobybrXIV

I've heard of it, but no way to get it in the U.S :cry: Plus, if i cant read japanese, how am i supposed to play a strategy game? well.. Maybe.. I guess i can figure it out prolly. Wouldn't be too hard to make a deck. But the sleights may be a little confusing.

they have internet translation guides for that japanese imported games so u can play it, ud just need to have ur computor on to translate throughout most of the game

also CoM is the best(and only) kh game i have ever played and it was amazing. i still havent beat ansem in riku mode though

Moncus

also CoM is the best(and only) kh game i have ever played

Are you serious?!! Go to gamestop NOW and buy the original Kingdom Hearts for the Ps2. It's only 10 bucks. And i gaurentee you won't be able to stop playing until about ... 50 hours into the game or so. The story is amazing, and the gameplay is awesome. If you want to maintain the same difficulty of CoM, i recommend you start playing on Proud mode from the beginning. It's amazing fun. And it'll prolly answer some things you don't understand in CoM.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
everyone has their opinions so no need to freaking yell i liked CoM the best to , so yell at me now btw u don't need to play the first one unless u want to know the whole story

Moncus

everyone has their opinions so no need to freaking yell i liked CoM the best to , so yell at me now btw u don't need to play the first one unless u want to know the whole story

I didn't exactly understand the whole post, but, just recommending. I cant imagine not having the original game to back up the stories of the next two. I cant imagine how the emotion is still there. The gameplay will still for sure be fun, but Kingdom Hearts 1 has it's own gameplay kinda thing goin' on. Btw, we're you referring to me saying that it was my favorite? cause' it wasn't ^.^ just saying i expected alot less out of the game then i did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back