• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you spend full price for HD remasters of the KH series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Only if they have the Final-Mix content in it and actually bring it over to Europe this time (this last bit goes for Re:CoM).
I could care less about some crappy trophies or it being on the PS3 as my PS2 is still perfectly fine and running and with over 20 games for it I won't give it away,
On another note I also liked the PS2 always way more than the 3 due to its backwards compability with PSOne games.
I only got the 3 because most interesting franchises jumped over to it.

If they would just release KH 1 and KH 2 with FM-Content without Re: CoM I would probably still get it depending on the price, but there is no way I would buy the normal versions of KH 1 and KH 2 a second time.

Key to Truth

Awards
If it has the FM's (and maybe lipsyncing in Re:CoM), I'd totally pay full price. If not, screw that. I can just keep playing my PS2 copies.

You're asking too much. They probably won't bring the FM versions outside Japan. Plus... lip-syncing for USA/EUR version won't happen, lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You're asking too much. They probably won't bring the FM versions outside Japan. Plus... lip-syncing for USA/EUR version won't happen, lol.

I don't think it is too much. They are releasing HD Remasters, why not just release the very final result in all regions? It doesn't make sense to give Japan one version of the HD Remaster and give us another. Unless they plan on giving Japan the regular games and not the FMs, then that isn't worth buying in either region.

And lip-syncing seems like something that should go into a remaster. What is the point of putting it in HD if the lips are going to be crap?

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Nomura would be a cheap bitch if he re-releases the regular versions and not the FM versions. The only real work they would have to do excluding the transfer to 720p/1080p would be translating the text to english which shouldnt be a problem since I've seen similar work done in 2-3 months.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I can only agree with what Silverslide said...the FM versions are considered the true canon versions anyways and in terms of additional story content they hold much of the stuff Nomura either could not put in because of time constraints or in some cases stuff he had in his script/sketchbook but simply forgot to include.

Anna825

Yes totally. I plan on spending that much when BBS V2 comes to the PS3...

For The King

Yeah I would. When I rebought the games back in 08 I spent $20 on each game anyway, so it would basically be the same thing except in HD. So I'm not too bothered.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
The only thing that would really make it worth it for me is if has the FM`s but I might either way depending on the content.

Legendscarlet

I will definetely buy because I never had the chance to play KH I (my ps2 broke before I had the chance to buy it) and because I cant play KH2 in my ps3 because it doesnt have the damn backward compatibility.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i'd like kh1-2 on my ps3 but since i already have them i dont see a reason to get the remasters...unless they add final mix content but come on the odds of that happening (getting FM content) now after all this time....-_- dont see it happenin...so no i wouldnt pay full price for what i already got.

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.
I definitely would re-purchase them.

Mostly for the fact that I don't know how much longer my PS2 has (it works great right now...but it's freaking old!!!), plus I'd like to be able to play it on my PS3 when I go off to college.

Depending how much money I had at the time, it would depend on whether I'd buy them right away (when at full price) or wait a little while (price drop).

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
I definitely would re-purchase them.

Mostly for the fact that I don't know how much longer my PS2 has (it works great right now...but it's freaking old!!!), plus I'd like to be able to play it on my PS3 when I go off to college.

Depending how much money I had at the time, it would depend on whether I'd buy them right away (when at full price) or wait a little while (price drop).

That's why you should have sprung on the 60gb PS3, it plays PS2 and PSX games.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
yeah I'd probably just buy the remaster KH1 off of eBay or something :/

wangyin

I havent achieved KH1 in like 7 many years hold about my sister broke it and I wanna hold out the complete sequence once again with or with out the FM extras and Trophy support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back