• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

would you replace maleficent for Jafar or hades as the main disney villain or just keep her?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
we have square Enix main villain Xehanort then we have disney main vialln maleficent but if you had the choice to replace her would you?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Depends on how the finale handles her storyline. If KH3 is Xehanort's swan song the same could be said for Maleficent. If she dies permanently then yes, a new main Disney villain should take her role. Hades would be a good choice. While comedic he can be threatening at the same time.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Honestly, I think Maleficent plays the role perfectly. I wouldn't change her for another villain.

Pokie

Not really keen on Maleficent because tbh never really saw her as this truly evil Disney villain, she just didn't get invited to a Baby Shower and threw a tantrum basically. How is that evil? Yeah, she does the dragon thing, but apart from that...

Not to mention her death curse towards Aurora gets canceled out within 5 seconds...

Though when it comes to the KH universe Maleficent is fine, she does her job perfectly and she's actually pretty interesting now. It's pretty inquiring what she's going to do next and how her plots tie into the game and with the Org 13.

D

Deleted member 246005

we have square Enix main villain Xehanort then we have disney main vialln maleficent but if you had the choice to replace her would you?

I would have replaced her in 2 with someone else. I don't hate her i just don't feel like she did enough to warrant bringing her back past kh1. She had potential but it was squandered over the course of the series.

I'm not sure who I'd replace her with yet. Hades feels like a better partner for Pete than Malificient as he has a better sense of humor. Pete's a comic relief villain and I'm suprised Maleficent kept him around for so long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo_

Awards
The fact she is a female is kind of a big deal because if it was like Jafar/Hades and Pete traveling the universe together it would be gay.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
None of the above:
David_Xanatos_Main_Image.PNG

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't think there's anyone more fitting than Maleficent to be portrayed as Disney's villains. Jafar's is too ambitious for his own good, and Hades is too in his own comfort zone to try to do that.

Pokie

The fact she is a female is kind of a big deal because if it was like Jafar/Hades and Pete traveling the universe together it would be gay.

How.... how would it make it gay....?

201602_1723_gdhec_sm.jpg

kaseykockroach

Awards
I don't mind Pete being the 'silly ineffectual villain' type in KH's incarnation, but I do long for a more threatening foreboding characterization from him.
You don't think Pete can be an awesome villain? Go watch Prince and the Pauper. ;)

disney233

Awards
It's hard to replace someone as calm and collective as the mistress of all evil herself, in the KH series. Her part is played magnificently. Now...I have no problem with Pete's role in KH as well. In fact I honestly like that Maleficent and Pete partnership. But if there was someone that would replace Pete, I would prefer someone more calm and collective yet still lives in Disney Town and a rival to Donald, Goofy, and especially Mickey. Now...THAT role goes to this dude.

maxresdefault.jpg

I just feel it wouldn't be as fun as having that fun yet serious goofball like Pete. It wouldn't be the same imo, but these Maleficent and Mortimer would probably be a better matchup, since Mortimer has the brains unlike Pete, though they match in cockiness and arrogance.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
If Maleficent is ever perma-defeated, and a new Disney threat comes forth, I'd actually like for someone like the Horned King from the Black Cauldron to be in.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
She's basically the avatar of Disney villains. I'd keep Maleficent but use her more wisely, not second to an original villain. Hopefully the next saga will have her as the main threat.

SoulXaldin

Awards
I would replace Maleficent with Monstro because that’s a real challenge there. Nothing more intimidating then a giant whale (I’m having some serious deja vu right now. Have I written something like this before?)

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What if we do a twist and instead of using a Disney villain to play as the main Disney villain, have one of the Disney good guys be corrupted by darkness from his own fault, get overtaken by it, and become the next Disney baddie?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Maleficent was pretty cool in KH1. I'd be lying if I said she felt a little forced in KHII. The main reason I would not replace her, however, is because of Pete. I find their partnership entertaining, and I associate Maleficent and Pete as part of the mainstay characters of Kingdom Hearts. I would not want to see either disappear from the series. Especially Pete, he's such a fun villain XD

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Maleficent was pretty cool in KH1. I'd be lying if I said she felt a little forced in KHII. The main reason I would not replace her, however, is because of Pete. I find their partnership entertaining, and I associate Maleficent and Pete as part of the mainstay characters of Kingdom Hearts. I would not want to see either disappear from the series. Especially Pete, he's such a fun villain XD

Yeah, they're pretty much the Edgeworth-Gumshoe of the KH franchise, ahha. And serious-cool character sided with a goofy one seems to be something of a big trope in Japanese media.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I believe I read somewhere that Nomura intends to use Hades going forward. Dr. Facilier would be a great addition as well. I think Maleficent needs a new villain's council -- it was crucial to establishing her as a leader and as a viable threat in her own right. This new council can be ambivalent or antagonistic to whoever the next team of 'original' villains are but they need to come across as legitimately dangerous.

Back