• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you prefer it if Disney was stripped clean from Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yep. All my favorite worlds are original ones and I've never really cared about the Disney worlds or plots at all. As long as Donald and Goofy stay the rest can be gone for all I care. Would it make the game better? Idk. Would I personally prefer it? Absolutely.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
We had Disney worlds with FF characters, so just yeet in these FF worlds and a few Disney characters from now on. :^)
YEEEET

D

Deleted member 246005

We need an Epic Mickey world.
Max Goof and PJ need to pop up.
the Phantom Blot needs to be the new big bad Disney villain.

We need more Disney not less.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Okay those may be themes but they’re presented in a child like fashion. There’s no weight or seriousness to any of those issues in the series. It always just not a big deal because the seriousness of those issues can’t be expressed in an adult way since it’s a kids game. I don’t necessarily want it to not not be a kids game, I just think it’s time for the series to become pg-13 in the way it presents the story. Series like Harry Potter are for kids and it deals with very serious things. I wish this series was more like that and not presented like it’s for eight year olds.
How is it not presented in a serious way? Is it that there isn't copious amounts of blood, swearing and permanent death? Is that the problem?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I wouldn't necessarily be against a 1-off game that had a bunch of Square worlds like Shibuya or Midgar so long as it was made clear that this is a special exception & not the standard for the series' future.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
NO WAY! KH needs DISNEY! KH is KH because of DISNEY! I think if anything, we've been shown that KH works without Final Fantasy as KH3 was great! I'm not hating on the Final Fantasy characters, but they were always limited to an original world (where original bosses were anyway) or a cameo in Olympus. I know people love to hate on the DISNEY side of things and say that they are absolutely not essential to the main plot, but how were any of the Final Fantasy characters ever REALLY crucial to the main plot? Leon and the gang were basically the tutorial in KH1 and once we got with Donald and Goofy, they were just setpieces in Traverse Town. In KH2, they lead us to Tron who then take it away and gets us to the info that we were looking for.

Beamer

Awards
I want the opposite, I want it closer to KH1 where the Disney aspect was melded into the main plot more. KH3 actually recovered a "bit" of this with the Disney-Organization interactions, Woody-YX being my favorite.

I completely second this notion. Kingdom Hearts needs to stop being afraid to intermingle the plot of Sora, his friends, and the antagonists with that of the Disney Worlds. I almost feel as if maybe Disney has dictated this be so since they're so skittish over "Squarifying" their properties, but if you're going to make Donald the most powerful mage in existence or Mickey a keyblade wielder, why not go all the way?

KH is a true example of making Disney look epic. It's not going to be completely mature and it's not going to be completely child friendly, but a nice balance of the two.

Honestly, everyone who's thinking the next game will be only about Square titles and will exclude Disney, they're in for a rude awakening.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
@EeL: The Disney characters could just as easily be excised from KH as the FF characters--most of the ways KH3 connected them to the overarching plot were in tangential ways--and I'm sure the series would still sell decently off name value alone.

Shiámano

Stripped clean? Hell no, we're in far too deep for that, and I love some of the interactions with the main cast (Donald, Goofy, Mickey). That said, I'd quite enjoy a more OC-focused KH game, and I hope KH4 or whatever the next game is does that. All KH world exploration combined in KH3 wasn't as much as 1 Disney world, and it's saddening. Also, because of no OC worlds in-between (even if there were cutscenes) the plot started to feel dull towards the tail end imo.
So, not stripped clean, but a better balance, more original stuff.

Pokie

We need an Epic Mickey world.
Max Goof and PJ need to pop up.
the Phantom Blot needs to be the new big bad Disney villain.

We need more Disney not less.

^

We need Oswald and Goofy and Max !

LostArtist

Awards
hell naw, I love the disney worlds and we barely just got pixar worlds. I am not giving up playing inside a disney movie

j_kazmi

I want the opposite, I want it closer to KH1 where the Disney aspect was melded into the main plot more. KH3 actually recovered a "bit" of this with the Disney-Organization interactions, Woody-YX being my favorite.

100% agree with this. We need more Disney in the main plot. In the next saga we need to integrate Disney characters in to the main story more.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Of course not. Everything that makes this game not a typical JRPG is the Disney aspect. It wouldn't be the same series.

jahob000

Everyone's answer here will be no. The only issue with the games is the overall story. It went from simple to convoluted and the story balancing is all out of wack. Can you image this game talking about hearts and love without the Disney elements? Pretty weird if you ask me. If anything, the Disney elements is what makes the unbearable parts of the game bearable.

k99y77

Awards
NO! Disney is what makes the series unique, remove it and you get a bland generic JRPG.

100% THIS! The series got so complicated and depressing after KH1 because of all the newer original characters. I hope they get rid of RAX and TAV as I see no reason for them to return after KH3.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
@EeL: The Disney characters could just as easily be excised from KH as the FF characters--most of the ways KH3 connected them to the overarching plot were in tangential ways--and I'm sure the series would still sell decently off name value alone.

The point I was trying to make was that DISNEY worlds basically made up at least 75% of any KH game. There's no way that you can strip away ALL DISNEY aspects of KH and expect it to still be KH. Final Fantasy was always a small fraction of the KH series and definitely became less of a marketing tool/selling point for the series after KH2. Now that KH is loaded with original characters and lore that compares to that of a Final Fantasy game, the actual Final Fantasy part is no longer needed. There is no substituting the DISNEY part. No one wants to visit Final Fantasy worlds when you can do that WAY MORE IN DEPTH in their own games. Why does DISNEY work in KH? Because it lets you explore worlds that we only see the bits featured in the films.

As much as I love all the original worlds in KH, if there were a KH game with only Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, The World That Never Was, Castle Oblivion, The Keyblade Graveyard, The Dark World, Daybreak Town, and Scala ad Caelum I would probably not enjoy it. KH cannot exist without DISNEY. That is just a fact.

Neo_

Awards
The title of the thread made me want to throw my computer, but the responses warmed my heart.

It will never happen because it's Disney/Square, not Disney/FF or FF/Square; that's why they took the liberty of cutting out FF.

I would probably jump off the train; as others have echoed, I would just start playing FF. It wouldn't even be Kingdom Hearts anymore, and if it was, that's failure on Nomura's behalf for mismanaging a crossover (which he's already done).

How come no one ever talks about vice versa? The villain's council coming back, Maleficent being the main baddie and traversing the worlds as Mickey, Donald & Goofy? Oh yeah, that's "too kiddy". :tongue: I would rather see that, but alas, the game cannot exist without either side.

I've also never understood how or why people uncaring of the Disney aspect have gotten into this franchise, but to each their own; literally finding out the new Disney worlds is like finding out about the Smash newcomers... imagine taking that away. You'd eliminate half your fanbase.

It's a silly thread, but a necessary one since I've seen this discussed on other sites, but it's like "Would you prefer if jelly was stripped from PB&J?". It wouldn't be PB&J anymore.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Mickey: "You can't have one without the other, 'cause Disney is half of everything."

The Disney aspect is a huge part of why the series works and I would never want to see it go.

BUT! After seeing the original worlds taking a backseat and the complications with developing worlds based on the recent films (Arendelle was pretty much just Disney constantly saying "no" at everything) I would like if the next game had a little less emphasis on Disney so it can focus more on the next arc.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Now that KH is loaded with original characters and lore that compares to that of a Final Fantasy game, the actual Final Fantasy part is no longer needed.
You can hold that opinion if you want to. I don't agree with it at all. I think it's hypocritical to go hard for one side of the equation and just shrug at the absence of the other. Other than KH1, the Disney characters could be cut wholesale and the original story would be entirely unaffected. But I don't want the games to be without Disney any more than I wanted them to be without FF. And, speaking for myself, the original characters do not fill the void of Final Fantasy.

I mean, am I the only one who thinks the KH charactershave very little in common with FF characters? They have weird clothes, yes, but they act like something out of an anime and most of the protagonists are childish and immature. Xehanort, Larxene, and Vexen ham it up like Disney villains. The inane storyline is definitely a KH-only thing. FF games have never had a problem making sense.

D

Deleted member 246005

Honestly, FF has always been wasted in KH. Some of the boss fights are cool but most of the other characters were used poorly. So I'm cool with less FF if they just stick to boss fights/side quests like Sephiroth rather than being background fluff like Seifer and his gang.

So I'm cool with keeping Disney and using FF less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back