• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you like Sora being able to upgrade his chains like in here?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would you?

• Yes,with visual Change

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Yes,but without visual change

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Depends on how well it is implemented

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentr0th

Awards
I wish i could make the Road to Dawn more useful in DDD...

also, should it change appearence via upgrading?

as reference:
Keyblades.png

this is how it looks like in X

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
By chain, did you mean the "wallet" chain he had with his KH1 outfit, or key chain considering you brought the Way to the Dawn into the discussion?

I also think that you might have forgotten to attach an image.

vincentr0th

Awards
what?lol why should he upgrade his wallet chain?

also i guess i should have written like in X instead of in here shouldn´t i XD

Antar

Awards
A Keyblade upgrade system wouldn't be bad. I just hope they can make it a system where every keyblade has its pros and cons so you wouldn't just switch to the next keyblade each time you got one. This would give players a reason to use the keyblades in the beginning of the game. A mix of something like KH2 and KH358/2 days would be great.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
They successfully did that in Coded and I would love to see them implement a system like that again in the future. That is a problem I've had with Keyblades through the series; the one you're using is only good for a little while but normally you trade it in as soon as you get one with higher stats. Even their specific abilities don't mean much. Then you just stick to that one powerful Keyblade throughout the rest of the game and rarely look back at the others.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think this is probably the direction we're heading in, with different keychains also being able to transform the Keyblade into other weapons, it would make sense to be able to upgrade them.

Some guy

I wouldn't mind upgradable keyblades (it's actually a good idea). However, for me at least, SE handled the keyblades well thorough the series, it was not just a matter of att/ mag: in KHI we had different knock-backs, in com different cp costs, in KHII different abilities, in coded a mix of combo+abilities. BBS and DDD didn't have much though.

So, I'll trust SE with this one. But I still want the default keychains to remain weak: cooler in cut scenes and battle, and more challenge.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I would definitely enjoy this. Leveling up your Keyblades would make grinding towards lvl. 99 at the end a little more interesting.

SmilingMuse35

I'd enjoy this, as well. This could allow Sora to gain magic spells that may be exclusive to upgraded versions of different Keyblades.

Gram

Banned
Awards
They successfully did that in Coded and I would love to see them implement a system like that again in the future.
Exactly this. Coded done keychains and accessories better than any other game. You actually have to consider draw backs or how combos move when selecting a keychain.
It gave you actual preference over just using the highest stats.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
That's actually a really good idea. If they could change the appearance of the blade as the keychain upgrades, that would make it more worthwhile. I like a mores strategical Kingdom Hearts than a survivable Kingdom Hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back