• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you have preferred

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm satisfied with the way things turned out.

But the haters tho. Who cares if she was the first to show signs of a heart? Who cares if her story runs parallel to Roxas's (or would have Repliku's)? And because Nintendo requested a Kingdom Hearts game on their platform, we assume we wouldn't have received more of Roxas's backstory/Days plot/Xion's presence in some form or fashion? Her inclusion just tallies up more clues that strengthen the theories we all questioned, and it let the mystery fester. I personally preferred that rather than a blatant reveal (which we eventually got in 3D anyways).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm satisfied with the way things turned out.

But the haters tho. Who cares if she was the first to show signs of a heart? Who cares if her story runs parallel to Roxas's (or would have Repliku's)? And because Nintendo requested a Kingdom Hearts game on their platform, we assume we wouldn't have received more of Roxas's backstory/Days plot/Xion's presence in some form or fashion? Her inclusion just tallies up more clues that strengthen the theories we all questioned, and it let the mystery fester. I personally preferred that rather than a blatant reveal (which we eventually got in 3D anyways).

Being dissatisfied with certain elements of a plot or character doesn't make someone a "hater". It means people are dissatisfied and care because they felt something could have been done better. Obviously, the people bringing these things up care because they feel it hinders their experience. Me personally, I'm neutral towards Xion and overall, felt that she was just boring more than anything. Her through and through, pure, nice girl onto martyr persona simply did not engage me. I don't hate her, but didn't care much what happened to her either.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I really don't think Days would have resonated with people as much as it did, if it didn't deal with the loss of a beloved character. So to that end, it's a good thing they chose the way they did.

And it would have seemed OOC otherwise. As Nomura said, Xion always seemed like a nice girl, so to suddenly turn her into Riku Replica Version 2 would have felt really forced and unnatural. It basically would have been nonsense done for plot reasons, and since KH already has a problem with this (i.e. Terra, Ven, and Aqua somewhat being idiots, since they were doomed by canon), this was a nice departure from that.

And if Xion had gone evil, I can just imagine how the Kairi hate would have skyrocketed even moreso, as people would have used this as evidence that Kairi was an evil, crazy B, since the girl who was created from Sora's memories of her acted in such a way.

That's another reason Xion going evil never would have made sense. Namine even comments that she knew that Xion would do the right and selfless thing, since she's "Sora", and also the "Kairi that Sora remembers".

Personally, I like the inclusion of Xion. It added a nice layer that I sort of felt was always there anyway (like why Roxas felt so betrayed by the Organization, and why he didn't seem as close to Namine as I thought he could be). And without her, Days wouldn't have really even had a story, and it would have been even less interesting, so here's to Xion.

(And for all those who hate her for appearing out of nowhere, she might have been hinted at somewhat before, like in something like Namine's one drawing, the Organization member that Roxas sees before fighting Twilight Thorn, the images of Kairi that flash on the TV screen in Deep Dive--that they even ended up tying into the story--etc.)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Being dissatisfied with certain elements of a plot or character doesn't make someone a "hater". It means people are dissatisfied and care because they felt something could have been done better. Obviously, the people bringing these things up care because they feel it hinders their experience. Me personally, I'm neutral towards Xion and overall, felt that she was just boring more than anything. Her through and through, pure, nice girl onto martyr persona simply did not engage me. I don't hate her, but didn't care much what happened to her either.

Because nobody hates Xion here at KHI. ;) My haters comment shouldn't be taken that seriously. I understand you would have liked to have seen her in a different light. To me, being kind and a martyr aren't necessarily bad qualities in her case. You may have found it boring; I found it believable. That's cool. I happened to find the traits she was lent for the betterment of her nature. I don't think the Repliku route would have been necessary.

All of the flippant, Mary Sue misdiagnoses are annoying though.

fangsora

I like xion much more. riku replica to me has multiple personality disorder first he was fine being a fake and when he meets riku the second time he is upset then at the end of sora's story he is ok being a replica. which one is fake riku.

nxtgarnett5

I really don't mind the way that the game turned out. It is actually the game I spent the most playtime on one run through on. I really enjoyed the story and didn't mind Xion. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm really glad it came out the way it did

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I like the way she turned out. While I do like the idea of her acting like the Riku Replica, I don't want a retread of it. I think a good call was made.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
And if Xion had gone evil, I can just imagine how the Kairi hate would have skyrocketed even moreso, as people would have used this as evidence that Kairi was an evil, crazy B, since the girl who was created from Sora's memories of her acted in such a way.

I thought that long before Xion was even thought of, btw. :tongue: But that's for another thread. lol

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I do enjoy the way Xion ended up but I think it would have been interesting if she went down the Repliku path. The Repliku character was one of my favorites in CoM because of the identity crisis he went through and I think they could have changed it up enough to do that with Xion (though if you think about it she does go through that a little in Days already).

Master Ultima

Awards
Xion did the right thing by returning Sora as did Roxas. Xion knew what Xemnas was planning and wanted to set things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back