• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you buy the compilations again on next-gen

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would you buy the compilations again on next-gen

• No, my ps2 versions are enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait, there are compilations?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AegisXIII

Awards
KH1&2 are big comfort games for me, so I can't say I wouldn't buy them again if I end up getting a PS5, if there were some improvements. Especially if they included the Japanese voices (and other languages too) and the original color palettes for the Heartless, plus anything else they felt like adding in, like bonus colosseum cups. Ally button in KH1 could be mapped to touchpad or R3/L3 as to not interfere with triangle commands. Birth By Sleep needs a little polish and a readjusted camera. The reason I don't own 2.8 is because the minimap in DDD HD cannot be toggled off. Awful, awful. Never have I had need for a minimap in KH, portals be damned. It's unacceptable, and I like DDD. It would be cool if Days were made playable, even if it's edited down. The GBA version of CoM should absolutely be included in a definitive collection.
I would never buy KH3 again unless it were part of a full compilation (on sale), but I might play through it to the part with the guardians of light in the sky. Only way I'll play ReMind, and most likely Melody of Memory.
I like your improvements ideas. I would buy them for sure If we had japanese audio.

Foxycian

Awards
Probably Not (maybe if I see discount but not really Sure) but like everyone said if there is new stuff then I might buy it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Unless they were to add more content to the games, no since I already own 1.5+2.5 on PS4 and 2.8 and KH3.
This is my answer too.

They’ve already re-released them with the only difference being a cardboard box and that didn’t get my money. A new collection without any new additions (I can’t think of any that would actually be possible, especially not re-rendering old cutscenes from over a decade ago) wouldn’t be worth it. Also fuck the trophy list for Re:CoM.

But maybe if they re-released KH3 with HDR, the full 4K the PS5 offers, 60fps with no drops, fresh trophy list, ray tracing (if possible), and Re Mind included then I’d pay for that tbh.

AegisXIII

Awards
This is my answer too.

They’ve already re-released them with the only difference being a cardboard box and that didn’t get my money. A new collection without any new additions (I can’t think of any that would actually be possible, especially not re-rendering old cutscenes from over a decade ago) wouldn’t be worth it. Also fuck the trophy list for Re:CoM.

But maybe if they re-released KH3 with HDR, the full 4K the PS5 offers, 60fps with no drops, fresh trophy list, ray tracing (if possible), and Re Mind included then I’d pay for that tbh.
Wait, there was no HDR in KH3?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Unless they add something to spice it up or make improvements to the games, i'll most likely pass on another compilation.

the red monster

Awards
You'll be able to get the game (kh3) on ps5 if you already have it on ps4 so i don't get what's the point.
and since PS4 pro version supports 1440p with unlocked fps, on ps5 it would be 1440p with rock solid 60fps and faster loading time at the very least. hopefully they will the patch to game to support 4K like xbox one x version, but might be final mix version upgrade only like spider-man remastered.
the only way i'll buy final mix or whatever it's if they add a proper HDR. SDR too dark for me this days.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Do we actually know if PS5 boosts frame rate on games? Because KH3 desperately needs 60fps

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
More PS5 console features

Backwards compatibility
Play a back catalog of PS4™ games on your PS5 console

Game boost
Enjoy faster and smoother frame rates in select PS4 and PS VR games.

Upgrade PS4 games to digital PS5 games
The PS5 console gives game publishers the ability to let players upgrade their disc and digital PS4 games to digital PS5 games.1

PlayStation®VR integration
Connect your PlayStation VR to your PS5 console to enjoy supported PS VR games. To set up your PS VR with your PS5 console you’ll need your PlayStation Camera2 for PS4 and a PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase necessary). More details on how to claim an adaptor will be shared on PlayStation.com when available.

There's no guarantee that KH3 would be one of the "select" PS4 games to get a game boost. It'd be nice but with this kind of stuff I'm usually cynical and think that they'd rather save it for a bundle to re-sell later on.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
I seriously think that theres members here that are huge whales buying a shit ton of square merch from their online store to their cafe so that they could speed up the process of Kingdom Hearts and other games even though it irnoically doesnt work cause they have their heads deep up their assess with mobile games and then they wonder why they have communication and resource issues from all that mismangaging of goodwill and fianicial support fans are giving?

AegisXIII

Awards

There's no guarantee that KH3 would be one of the "select" PS4 games to get a game boost. It'd be nice but with this kind of stuff I'm usually cynical and think that they'd rather save it for a bundle to re-sell later on.
Thanks for the link. I haven't seen it actually. If you scroll at the bottom of the page, there are more explanations in tiny characters.

"Upgrade may be offered at no additional cost or for a fee and may be available for a limited time. If players have a PS4™ game on Blu-ray™ Disc, they will need to insert the PS4 game disc to see the upgrade path, download the PS5 version and keep the PS4™ game disc inserted each time they play the PS5™ version of the game. To upgrade eligible PS4 disc titles to digital PS5 versions, players need a PS5™ console with a disc drive."

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for the link. I haven't seen it actually. If you scroll at the bottom of the page, there are more explanations in tiny characters.

"Upgrade may be offered at no additional cost or for a fee and may be available for a limited time. If players have a PS4™ game on Blu-ray™ Disc, they will need to insert the PS4 game disc to see the upgrade path, download the PS5 version and keep the PS4™ game disc inserted each time they play the PS5™ version of the game. To upgrade eligible PS4 disc titles to digital PS5 versions, players need a PS5™ console with a disc drive."
Honestly, thanks for pointing this out! I knew from the Ubisoft FAQ that you’d put a PS4 disc in and you’d get the PS5 digital download but I wasn’t sure how it’d do the check, but there being a client that appears where you click download is the missing info. And this is already how Yakuza 3 4 5 does it so good to know :D

AegisXIII

Awards
Honestly, thanks for pointing this out! I knew from the Ubisoft FAQ that you’d put a PS4 disc in and you’d get the PS5 digital download but I wasn’t sure how it’d do the check, but there being a client that appears where you click download is the missing info. And this is already how Yakuza 3 4 5 does it so good to know :D
So we will have two choices:
- Play the ps4 retrocompatible version
- Upgrade to the ps5 version (free or pay) which will download the ps5 version from the store. In short, the disc is only used as an activation key.
Now I am not sure that upgrading might keep out save files.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That would only work with KH3 IF Square Enix make a PS5 version of the game. Then they'd also need to decide if they want to give it to people who own the game already or not, and if they don't then PS players would all need to buy the game again.

At the moment, all we can gather is that people on the PS5 will be playing the game at the same level that the PS4 Pro provides. We don't know if KH3 would be a part of the "select" amount of games that will actually get a boost from the power of the PS5 or if Square Enix would make a PS5 version of the game that takes advantage of the SSD.

AegisXIII

Awards
That would only work with KH3 IF Square Enix make a PS5 version of the game. Then they'd also need to decide if they want to give it to people who own the game already or not, and if they don't then PS players would all need to buy the game again.

At the moment, all we can gather is that people on the PS5 will be playing the game at the same level that the PS4 Pro provides. We don't know if KH3 would be a part of the "select" amount of games that will actually get a boost from the power of the PS5 or if Square Enix would make a PS5 version of the game that takes advantage of the SSD.
That's right. Also, knowing square enix, they will most likely go for the re-release, with a new name to differentiate it from previous iterations. Something insanely convoluted like KH 1.5 Final re:MIX or KH3 final mix. 😂

the red monster

Awards
That's right. Also, knowing square enix, they will most likely go for the re-release, with a new name to differentiate it from previous iterations. Something insanely convoluted like KH 1.5 Final re:MIX or KH3 final mix. 😂
KH3 ReMind Final Mix of Melody

AegisXIII

Awards
I've been playing KH UX religiously for a while now and I've never had to spend a dime. Won't lie i've been tempted.
I did once and I was still stucked at the same story level despite having lost 15$.

cruizea5

I would never buy KH3 again unless it were part of a full compilation (on sale), but I might play through it to the part with the guardians of light in the sky. Only way I'll play ReMind, and most likely Melody of Memory. mxplayer

Last edited:
Back