• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you buy the compilations again on next-gen

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would you buy the compilations again on next-gen

• No, my ps2 versions are enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait, there are compilations?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It'd be stupid of them not to at the very least make a PS5 version of KH3. Game sold like gangbusters on PS4, and it wouldn't take much to get core fans to double dip. Recolor all the heartless, give Sora some wearable accessories, do a few balance changes, and bam, the sheep (me) will shell out once again.

As for the 1.5+2.5 collection, nah, I can't double dip. The PS4 version already does 4K 60fps, has instant loads, and fixes most problems present in all ports.

AegisXIII

Awards
It'd be stupid of them not to at the very least make a PS5 version of KH3. Game sold like gangbusters on PS4, and it wouldn't take much to get core fans to double dip. Recolor all the heartless, give Sora some wearable accessories, do a few balance changes, and bam, the sheep (me) will shell out once again.

As for the 1.5+2.5 collection, nah, I can't double dip. The PS4 version already does 4K 60fps, has instant loads, and fixes most problems present in all ports.
For me, fuse Remind with kh3 main campaign and I am sold.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
For me, fuse Remind with kh3 main campaign and I am sold.

So much of Re:Mind only really works if you know how the ending went in the main campaign. The only things I'd transfer over from Re:Mind would be the Guardians vs Replicas and the new team attacks with Riku and Mickey. All the other changed scenes and bonus characters make Re:Mind its own experience that has more value as a coda to the original ending.

KH3's ending puts a spotlight on Sora's connection with Donald and Goofy. Re:Mind puts a spotlight on Sora and Kairi, as well as going further in depth on characters who didn't get a lot of screentime. I think trying to lump it all together at once would be exhausting and would bloat the ending beyond a lot of people's patience.

AegisXIII

Awards
So much of Re:Mind only really works if you know how the ending went in the main campaign. The only things I'd transfer over from Re:Mind would be the Guardians vs Replicas and the new team attacks with Riku and Mickey. All the other changed scenes and bonus characters make Re:Mind its own experience that has more value as a coda to the original ending.

KH3's ending puts a spotlight on Sora's connection with Donald and Goofy. Re:Mind puts a spotlight on Sora and Kairi, as well as going further in depth on characters who didn't get a lot of screentime. I think trying to lump it all together at once would be exhausting and would bloat the ending beyond a lot of people's patience.
Yes I was talking about the fight of the gardians. This one deserves to be in the main story for a better climax.
Also most of Xion scenes could also be in the main story. Remind could Simply focus on Scala and Kairi and remove all the "mumbo Jumbo redo the same bosses you fought one hour before".

AegisXIII

Awards
Just a small thought after watching the demo of MoM

This picture here is extremely interesting. It's from the main menu of the game. It is the old assets as always, but using an improved shader for better lights. You can see it seems less flat and more colorful even though textures are the same. That's possible thanks to the Unity engine and I would be intrigued to know whether this sort of lifting could be applied to all previous entries.

1602750093112.png

I know a bit about render engines and basically everything that goes on the GPU is passed through a shader which is a small program that takes vertices positions, texture and all the other elements to describe the scene in a 3d space. Then the output of the shader is the pixels on the screen. That's where you can apply lighting and stuff like that.

I know that most of the source code of the first game has been lost, but shaders could probably be replaced to achieve this nice cartoonish effect.

At least that's something I'd like to see on a potential PS5 version.

Back