• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Would this be good enough?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm doing a monologue along with a song for auditions for my school's fall musical. I was wondering if this scene(link) would be good for such a monologue.

It's from the old 70's movie Network, the scene talks about how the world seems to be falling apart, and the funny thing is all, or at least most, of the topics he discusses could be said about today's problems. Which is another reason why I chose it.

I don't really expect much of a surge of answers, but anything is fine, as long as you're not an ass.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
You guys just don't read lines for your auditions?

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
What we do is anyone can audition for the spot in the musical. Then we have call-backs for those who are good enough to actually make it into the musical. Call-backs are basically a screening process to see who would work best for what part.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
I don't know of the scene you're thinking of, but pretty much anything will work as a monologue as long as it's one person (I don't know if you've taken a dialogue and turned it into a monologue but a lot of people do) carrying on enough to move the plot by himself. Also, you want one that shows different sides of your emotional range. Hopefully your choice will contrast with the song you sing, so they can see you act that as well.

If you're nervous about your choice, find someone who hasn't seen that scene before and see if they can understand the meaning of it without any explanation. Chances are it'll work if they can.

A lot of directors don't like movie monologues much, but if you do it well, you should be fine. If you change your mind, the ideal monologue is one from the same playwright that comes from a character similar to the one you're trying out for.

It's all personal preference, though. You'll probably be great. Break a leg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back