• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would this be a cool mechanic?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I don't know why or how this would happen in the story or even make canonical sense, but I think it would be cool if we could activate Drive Forms during battles. We'd follow the same basic keyblade pairing structure; going along the lines of Kingdom Hearts II Drive Forms.

It would kind of go like this:
Kingdom Hearts Cross – Drive Forms
Mechanics:
1. Instant max HP and SP Restoration upon Drive Form activation
2. You can only use one type of Drive Form every mission. Your designated Drive Form corresponds with your currently equipped Keyblade.
3. Drive Forms can be activated and deactivated at any point during your turn.
4. You can only use the 5 Medals equipped on currently held Keyblade (whichever Keyblade you were holding at the start of the mission).
5. While in Drive Form, Friend Medals are taken away, but restored upon deactivation of Drive Form.
6. To maintain, each Drive Form costs a certain amount of SP at the beginning of your turn.
7. Drive Forms can only be activated once per mission.

Valor (SP: 6) – Treasure Trove + Fenrir: All Power Medals gain + 1000 Strength. Can only use “Single Target” Special Attacks.
Wisdom (SP: 6) – Three Wishes (or) Counterpoint: All Magic Medals Ability multiplier gains +0.5. Cannot make a normal attack.
Limit (SP: 8) – Olympia (or) Divine Rose (or) Moogle O’ Glory: The higher your HP, the higher percentage chance Medal Skills will activate (HP: 1%~20% = + 5%, HP: 21%% = + 10%, HP: 41%-60% = + 15%, HP: 61%-80% = + 20%, HP: 81%-100% = + 25%). Increase Nova Level +50.
Master (SP: 8) – Lady Luck + Sleeping Lion: All Speed Medals gain +500 Strength and Defense. All “Target All” Speed Medal Ability multipliers gain +0.25.
Final (SP: 10) – Starlight + Stroke of Midnight: All Medals gain +1000 Strength and Defense. All Medal multipliers gain +0.5.
Anti-Form (SP: All) – Darkgnaw (or) Missing Ache: Activates only when HP is reduced to 0; fully restores HP. All Medal damage ignores target’s attributes. No Ability activations. No Skill activations. Can't use Nova. Anti-Form lasts until the end of the battle.

While in Drive Form you can see your Avatar wielding the listed Keyblade(s) in the unique fashion according to their current Drive Form. I'm not sure about clothes, but let's give the developers a break?

What do you guys think? Would you change anything? Would you like this mechanic in the game? I tried to be fair with the forms' powers by giving them equal restrictions and tradeoffs similar to what we had in KHII (albeit adapted to this format).

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is a really genius idea, I'd also add the Missing Ache Keyblade as part of the Anti-form drive too! What made you think of this idea in the first place?

Last edited:

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Hmm, while this sounds fun, I can't say I would be on board with it. It would be a broken mechanic. Of course new enemies would be introduced to accomedate this sudden surge in power, but still. For example, one broken combo I can think of on the top of my head is this one. Limit Form. Illustrated KH2 Kairi together with Second Chance. With the 100% activation rate every time you die, you would be revived at 1 HP. Kairi recovers your HP so you can reactivate Second Chance. She also recovers 10 SP, which is more than enough to cover the 5 SP cost. So yeah, while this sounds fun, and fighting with 2 keyblades at the same time is awesome (something I hoped for since the beginning) I'd say it would need some balancing. But it's a fun idea nonetheless.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
For example, one broken combo I can think of on the top of my head is this one. Limit Form. Illustrated KH2 Kairi together with Second Chance. With the 100% activation rate every time you die, you would be revived at 1 HP. Kairi recovers your HP so you can reactivate Second Chance. She also recovers 10 SP, which is more than enough to cover the 5 SP cost.

1. Fair points, all of them (to be honest though, I was writing these at like 4 am so for some reason in my head I thought Second Chance could only activate once)
2. The Drive Form can only be activated once per mission, so one battle will be all there is to it. True you could totally spam the bosses and harder opponents, but I've since revised my original plan above ^
So now certain drives can only use certain Special Medal Attacks, there's a higher SP cost, and Limit Form only increases the percentage of a medal skill activating based on how high your HP is.
3. Sure you could just spam medals that restore SP, but those medals aren't too strong, so it kind of takes away a lot of the purpose of Final Forms strength increase.

Also, for the sake of discussion, do you think it should be "Multiplier" or "Special Attack Bonus" (meaning only guilted medals (I don't know by how much (maybe 25%?)))?
And for Limit Form, I like the idea that Nova is getting attention, but how many Levels should it be raised? I originally thought 100, but then I was like "Some people might call OP".

This is a really genius idea, I'd also add the End of Pain Keyblade as part of the Anti-form drive too! What made you think of this idea in the first place?

1. Thank you :3
2. I just did, I had completely forgot about it.
3. I just thought how awesome it would be if we could use two keyblade decks at the same time, make it OP AF (Pair my Starlight with my Stroke of Midnight). But then I was like, "How would the developers actually fairly implement this?" So after about 15 minutes of lying in my bed, I wrote everything I thought of down.

if this happens, i'm gonna have to marry u

0_0

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I really like this and if clothes is a problem, why not make the player glow a certain color(s) corresponding to the specific drive form?
Here's my idea's for the hypothetical colors

Valor: Red
Wisdom: Blue
Limit: Green
Master: Gold
Final: Silver
Anti: You turn into these guys...
Darkling_KHX.png

By the way, I'd swap the Limit and Master Keyblades. Your Master Keyblades are the Speed orientated ones (Lady Luck, Sleeping Lion, whilst your Limit Keyblades are the mixed attribute ones, (Divine Rose, Olympia, Moogle'O Glory).

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
I'd be on board with it. I use Divine Rose as my main anyways, so higher activation rates for my Skills would be awesome, not to mention the Nova boost. It would make my setups that much more powerful.

Valor Form seems kinda oxymoronic though. Limited to Single Target Specials in the Form that first let us Dual Wield? Ehh...I thrive on AoE specials, so Valor would see 0 use from me. Only Xaldin A would benefit, but I wouldn't be able to buff him or keep SP up so point be moot. +1000 Str is not enough of a bonus either for that kind of restriction IMO. Would be very niche.

Wisdom is very interesting, and could see use from me. A major boost to the multiplier (.5 added is sizeable, given the difference in damage between 2.5x and 3x) and the only restriction is no tap/swipe attacks. We can still use IKairi2 in that Form, so I'd be all for that power boost. Would help a lot against Power type foes, likely even the Proud Missions and especially Power type Raid Bosses.

Master Form is...Ehhh? There's no drawback, granted, but the boost feels a bit on the low side on paper. +500 Str and +.25 Multiplier combined likely packs a nice punch, but as much as I love my AoE medals, in the Speed Department lady luck has not been too kind in regards to Guilted ones, especially Upright. My best Guilted Upright AoE Speed Medal right now is Cinderella and Jaq. Though given it has EA40 that's nothing to sniff at, it's not a primary damage dealer like my Xaldin B. Might see use on Lady Luck since I can use Marluxia B with that and go to town, but would see 0 use on Sleeping Lion until we get tons more FMBs and my Speed Premiums can be brought up to snuff.

Final Form...It's good. On Paper it's damn near broken. +1000 Str and .5 Multiplier added? With no restriction? Hot damn that's huge. I think the fact that it's on Starlight and SoM keeps it from being too OP, since those Keyblades are 3 element and a bit tougher to maximise efficiently IMO. But if you can pull off a good set...That form can be dangerous, which is very fitting.

Anti-Form, dear gods Anti-Form. I really like the implementation of it. On the one hand, it's an effective Second Chance and your attacks are always effective. On the other hand, you're stuck using normal attacks so if you get into the position where it activates, you're likely dead next turn, especially since no DB activations to try and save your hide. This one I actually feel needs a few tweaks, as a kind of addition to the current effect. Alongside what you put, I'd have it so that Anti-Form increases all Status to maximum (basically +7 everything) so that the attacks have some oomph to them and you can likely survive a few hits. However, you cannot recieve HP Orbs, SP Orbs, or Lux while in Anti-Form. Thus, you'll last more than one turn, but if the foe isn't dead soon you will eventually die. All or nothing Second Chance, and since you don't get Lux it couldn't be abused for some Raid Boss events.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
You guys gotta understand it’s 6am over here so there are going to be a bunch of errors. Otherwise enjoy :3

So based on ShadowXemnas' critique, I've come up with some ideas and possible tweaks to my first draft.

Both the Mechanics and the abilities have been changed. I’ve also added a few more notes; I’ve mixed and matched a bunch of abilities that work well together and possible suitable Traits based on the Drives. Any major changes I made or something I want to draw attention to I bolded. Anything bolded is not concrete and can be changed. Also, I'll provide reasoning for my madness, and the aesthetic part of each Drive Form while trying not to go overboard.

Kingdom Hearts Cross – Drive Forms
Mechanics:
1. The following Keyblades to activate Drive Forms must be +25 (+30? +35?).
2. Each Drive Form has / can have a number of Traits equipped.
(IF POSSIBLE) Deactivate all Keyblade Traits.
4. Instant max HP and SP Restoration upon Drive Form activation
5. You can only use one type of Drive Form every mission. Your designated Drive Form corresponds with your currently equipped Keyblade.
6. Drive Forms can be activated or deactivated at any point during your turn. HP and SP remain the same when deactivated.
7. While in Drive Form, Friend Medals are taken away, but restored upon deactivation of Drive Form.
8. You can only use the original 5 Medals equipped on currently held Keyblade (whichever Keyblade you were holding at the start of the mission).
9. To maintain, each Drive Form costs a certain amount of SP at the beginning of your turn.
10. Drive Forms can only be activated once per mission.

#1 I wanted it to be a reward for the player once they reach one of those certain levels. I think +30 is good enough because it shows you’ve been around long enough to possibly meet the standards of each Drive Form, but +25 is easier for the casual players to get to. But also, the +35 lets your Keyblade glow, and for some reason gaining Drive Forms along with that/those glowing Keyblade(s)
#2 I kind of wanted to experiment and see which Traits might best suit each Drive Form. Also, I kind of wanted to just explode their power and see them OP as shit on paper! XD
#3 This way Traits aren't coming out the wazoo and it seems a bit more fair, so you can't stock up on Max Gauge +2 on your other Medals.
#4 Is just to imitate the real Drive Forms, restoring HP. I only added SP because it becomes pertinent to the maintain of the Form.
#5 For obvious reasons, you can only have one Keyblade equipped, and we can’t expect developers to just give us all the options (WAY too much coding (be cool though))
#6 That’s also copying the Drive Form power to turn off and on whenever the Player chooses, giving the Player the ability to to deactivate right away and get a fresh start.
#7 The Friend Medal being taken away is symbolic to the Drive Forms’ cost in KH II when your Party member is taken away to activate that certain Drive Form.
#8 This way we don’t get like 10 medals or the confusion of mixing up our medals (again, programmers, give ‘em a break), so you’re stuck with whatever Keyblade’s Medals you came in with. They’re obviously restored upon deactivation, just as your Party members would.
#9 As to not completely obliterate this game, I made it so that it costs you a certain amount of SP at the beginning of each of your turns to maintain the Drive Form (basically whatever that Form cost in KH II X2). Sure, you could stock up on Gauge restorers, but those aren’t very strong yet, and the purpose of these Drive Forms to kick ass and take names (jk). Also, since it’s at the beginning, it’ll take a lot out of your line up if they’re all higher end ones.
#10 Again, didn’t want to destroy this game, so I made it only be able to activate once per mission, as to not allow it in every battle.

Valor (SP: 6) – Treasure Trove + Fenrir:
#1 All Power Medals gain an additional +1000 Strength. Can only use Power Medal Special Attacks.
Traits: Strength +1000 (AND/OR) Ground Enemy DEF -60%.
#2 All Power Medals gain an additional +1000 Strength. Can only use “Single Target” Special Attacks.
Traits: Strength +1000 (AND/OR) Ground Enemy DEF -60%.
#3 All Power Medals gain an additional +1000 Strength. Cannot use Special Attacks
Traits: Strength +1000 (AND/OR) Ground Enemy DEF -60% (AND/OR) Random - Extra Attack: 40% Power
Aesthetics: Glowing red. Wielding both Keyblades as Sora does in Valor form. (IF POSSIBLE) Electricity emits from the secondary Keyblade. Whenever doing a normal attack - both Keyblades visibly hit target.

#1. Instead of only “Single Targets” I just made it Power Medals. Then I started thinking about Traits, and about what ShadowXemnas’ said and added an extra +1000 to make hit a little harder (So in actuality it’s +2000). I also added Ground Enemy DEF -60% because while I read up on Valor Form, apparently Sora can counter enemy attacks while in mid combo and damage them. So the only Trait that fit was the Ground Enemy DEF -60%.
#2. This was my original idea; I just kind of wanted to see Valor as more of a on-on-one thing, so that’s why “Single Target” Special Attacks only. I still kept the Strength +1000 and Ground Enemy DEF -60% because I still thought they seemed appropriate.
#3 For this one I thought “It’s Valor, it’s all about POWER! And you can’t use magic in Valor (Special Attacks are the closest we got to using magic, so…). I did however add an extra Trait along with the other two; at random points, one or more medals gain the Extra Attack: 40% Power. I think that’s enough for compensation.

Wisdom (SP: 6) – Three Wishes (or) Counterpoint:
#1 All Magic Medals Ability multiplier gains +0.5 (OR) Increase all Magic Medal Special Attack Bonuses by +25%. Cannot make a normal attack (OR) Can only use Magic Medal Special Attacks.
Traits: Random One Medal – No Cost (AND/OR) Max Gauges +2 (AND/OR) Extra Attack: 40% Power
#2 All Magic Medals Ability multiplier gains +0.5 (OR) Increase all Magic Medal Special Attack Bonuses by +25%. Can only use Magic Medal Special Attacks.
Traits: Random One Medal – No Cost (AND/OR) Extra Attack: 40% Power
Aesthetics: Glowing blue. Feet are sparkling. (IF POSSIBLE) Normal attacks come out as laser shots. AoE normal attacks shoot multiple shots in a 360-degree manner.

So, first off, I kind of thought that the whole “Multiplier” thing would be difficult and unrealistic they were to actually develop this, so I added the choice of either the multiplier or Special Attack Bonus increases (depends on what you guys think).
#1 So when I was thinking about Wisdom Form, I thought about Sora shooting with his Keyblade and how Magic was the primary weapon in that Form. Then I thought, “What if the Player couldn’t attack normally, but could only use Special Attacks?” That’s when I added a No Cost Trait that potentially activates on one random medal. And for obvious reasons, if Wisdom Form only hits in Special Attacks, it’s going to need a little extra help. Finally, the Extra Attack: 40% Power comes from the detail that Sora’s Wisdom Form adds hits to his combos.
#2 So instead of taking away normal attacks altogether, I just made it so only Magic Medals could be activated, because who knows? Maybe that one Player doesn’t have any good Guilted Magic Medals; also, I think it’d be passing up a sweet opportunity to see our Avatar shoot lasers!

Limit (SP: 8) – Olympia (or) Divine Rose (or) Moogle O’ Glory: The higher your HP, the higher percentage chance Medal Skills will activate (HP: 1%~20% = +5%, HP: 21% = +10%, HP: 41%-60% = +15%, HP: 61%-80% = +20%, HP: 81%-100% = +25%). Increase Nova Level +50 (OR) +100.
Traits: Max HP +800 (AND/OR) Max HP +800 (OR) Max Gauges
Aesthetics: Glowing red, blue and yellow (NOT QUITE SURE). Every normal or normal AoE hit

I think I hit Limit Form on the head. The only thing I changed was the possibility of the Nova Level of the Form. I wasn’t sure which seemed more appropriate. +50 is not way above there, so it can be seen as fair, however, +100 might be helpful to a Form that is solely based on Skills activating. Also, I chose potentially 2 Max HP +800 because Sora gains HP back when he uses his Limits, so I thought I’d mirror that to an extent. Max Gauges +2 is also meant to mirror the importance of magic i.e. when Sora is using his Limits while in Limit Form.

Master (SP: 8) – Lady Luck + Sleeping Lion:
#1 All Speed Medals gain +500 Strength and Defense. All “Target All” Speed Medal Ability multipliers gain +0.25 (OR) Increase all Speed Medal Special Attack Bonuses by 25%. Can only use Speed Medal Special Attacks. Can only do Normal AoE attacks.
Traits: Random - Extra Attack: 40% Power (AND/OR) Aerial Enemy DEF -60%
#2 All Speed Medals gain +500 Strength and Defense. All Speed Medal Ability multipliers gain +0.15 (OR) Increase all Speed Medal Special Attack Bonuses by 15%. Can only use Speed Medal Special Attacks. Can only do Normal AoE attacks.
Traits: Random - Extra Attack: 40% Power (AND/OR) Aerial Enemy DEF -60%
Aesthetics: Glowing yellow. Wielding both Keyblades as Sora does in Master Form. Secondary Keyblade is spinning on the left side of Avatar while right one is emitting electricity (Possibly?). Whenever doing a normal attack, both Keyblades visibly hit target. Whenever doing a normal AoE hit, the reach looks wider than normal.

#1 I gave both branches the +500 Strength and +500 Defense because I wanted it to be evened out but also not to make it as strong as Valor; it’s more so to set up Final Form as some sort of upgrade when it gets +1000 Strength and +1000 Defense. Because Master Form usually deals with wide combos, I thought increasing only “Target All” abilities would even the playing field with Wisdom, seeing as Wisdom can add its bonus to any of it’s Magic Medals, but Master Form still gets a good boost. The “Can only use Speed Medal Special Attacks” is for symmetry’s sake; Valor=Power Medal Special Attacks only, Wisdom=Magic Medal Special Attacks only. The “Can only do AoE attacks” is just another restriction I put on in case Master was getting too OP. I chose Extra Attack: 40% Power mostly because it seemed appropriate with two Keyblades. Finally, Aerial Enemy DEF -60% also seemed appropriate, considering Master Form does it’s work best in the air.
#2 The second one is more so me taking ShadowXemnas’ advice into consideration and thinking “Maybe just lower the Special Attack Bonus by 10% and just add it to all Speed Medals?” so…there you go.

Anti-Form (SP: ALL REMAINING) – Darkgnaw (or) Missing Ache:
#1 Activates only when HP is reduced to 0; fully restores HP. Cannot use Special Attacks. Medals cannot activate their Skills. Nova cannot be used. (IF POSSIBLE) All Medal Traits Deactivated. Cannot collect Lux / Receive SP Orbs. Anti-Form lasts until the end of the battle. At the end of the battle, Player’s Avatar’s SP Gauge becomes 0.
Traits: None (OR) All Medals - Strength +1000 + Defense +2000 (AND/OR) Ground Enemy DEF -60% + Aerial Enemy DEF -60% (AND/OR) Damage in Raids +40%
#2 Activates only when HP is reduced to 0; fully restores HP and SP. All Medal damage ignores target’s attributes. All Medal damage ignores target’s attributes. Medals cannot activate their Skills. Nova cannot be used. (IF POSSIBLE) All Medal Traits Deactivated. Cannot collect Lux / Receive SP Orbs. Anti-Form lasts until the end of the battle. At the end of the battle, Player’s Avatar’s SP Gauge becomes 0.
Traits: Damage in Raids +40% (AND/OR) Ground Enemy DEF -60% + Aerial Enemy DEF -60%
#3 Activates only when HP is reduced to 0; fully restores HP and SP. All Medal damage ignores target’s attributes. Can only use Reverse Medal Special Attacks. Only Skills equipped to Reverse Medals will activate. Only Reverse Medal Traits remain active. Nova cannot be used. Cannot collect Lux / Receive SP Orbs. Anti-Form lasts until the end of the battle. At the end of the battle, Player’s Avatar’s SP Gauge becomes 0.
Traits: None
Aesthetics: Glowing black (possibly with yellow eyes?). (IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS POSSIBLE): Keyblade disappears. Whenever doing a normal attack, the Avatar scratches the target. Whenever doing an AoE attack, the Avatar circles around its enemies (refer to Sora Anti-Form).

#1 In this branch, all remaining SP is used (mostly because it’ll be useless). So I obviously kept the auto “Second Chance” in Anti-Form because I wasn’t quite sure how to implement a Drive transformation gone wrong while still adding a Keyblade into the mixture. Then I thought “What’s one thing we can’t control? Dying.” But I didn’t want the battle to end too quickly, so I added the detail of fully restoring the Avatar’s HP, as well as a SHIT ton of buffs. In Anti-Form, it’s really quite inconvenient; you can’t use any Medal Special Attacks, Skills, Nova, collect any Lux or receive any SP Orbs (thanks again ShadowXemnas), or even get out of the Form until the fight’s over. I took out the “Ignore attributes” ability mostly because having that with an added +1000 Strength and +2000 Defense Trait seemed too OP. Also, too further increase the Anti-Form’s ability to stay alive, I also gave it the Ground and Aerial -60% Trait. Finally, the Damage in Raids +40% thing is for my personal amusement, seeing as how you can’t collect Lux or SP while in this form. Finally, the “At the end of the battle, Player’s Avatar’s SP Gauge becomes 0” is emulating the Anti-Form in Kingdom Hearts II when it took all of your Drive Counts.
#2 Almost exactly the same as the first one except this time I took away the +1000 Strength and +2000 Defense because I wanted to add the “ignore target attributes”. I get the feeling that the Anti-Form’s claws just rip through anything regardless of what it is, however adding another +1000 Strength seems a bit much. I still kept the remaining Traits though, just to give it something to buffer it.
#3 Pretty much the same scheme, except this time only Reverse Medals can work. I haven’t seen the setup for Darkgnaw or Missing Ache, but I think I can assume they’re both chock full of Reverse spaces. I took away the Traits in this one because I wanted to make it that much more frustrating and nerve racking. I know Anti-Form increases a lot of stats, but that’s what the first branch was meant for. I was trying to focus mostly on darkness. I thought about adding a Strength +1000, but that would apply to Uprights as well.

Just to warn you Final Form is obviously OP.

Final (SP: 10) – Starlight + Stroke of Midnight:
#1 All Medals gain +1000 Strength and +1000 Defense. All Medal multipliers gain +0.5 (OR) Increase all Medal Special Attack Bonuses by 25%. (AND) Increase Nova Level +50 (OR) +100.
Traits: Extra Attack: 40% (AND/OR) Poison Resist 20% + Paralysis Resist 20% + Sleep Resist 20% (AND/OR) Ground Enemy DEF -60% + Aerial Enemy DEF -60%.
#2 All Medals gain +1000 Strength. All Medal multipliers gain +0.5 (OR) Increase all Medal Special Attack Bonuses by 25%. (AND) Increase Nova Level +50 (OR) +100.
Traits: Strength +1000 + Defense +2000 (AND/OR) Extra Attack: 40% (AND/OR) Poison Resist 20% + Paralysis Resist 20% + Sleep Resist 20% (AND/OR) Ground Enemy DEF -60% + Aerial Enemy DEF -60%
Aesthetics: Glowing white. Avatar is floating. Wielding both Keyblades as Sora does in Final Form (Maybe they’re just kind of floating behind the Avatar). Whenever doing a normal attack, both Keybaldes will fling forward towards the target. Whenever doing a normal AoE hit, both Keyblades disappear from the avatar and come out from the corners of the screen making an “X” (refer to Sora Final form for reference).

Anyhow, I want your guys’ input, which of them do you prefer? I’d really like some feedback (even on little things like the Nova Level)

Last edited:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
So I've been trying to upload the final schematics for the Drive Forms, but the document isn't being recognized. Just to let you guys know, instead of adding all those numbers and worrying about Special Attacks, I decided the most realistic way Drive Forms would ever actually be put in the game would be if we took away the extra boosts and abilities, and just make it so that each form conforms every medal to a select Skill and two Traits. Also, I implemented levelling and duration this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back