• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would Tetsura Nomura need to buy the rights of toys that appear in Toy Story to make it a world?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Awards
It might not be visible to everyone, but would Tetsura have to buy the rights of popular toys like Mr. Potato Head for them to appear in Kingdom Hearts?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
No, at its most simplistic, he would just need permission from the company. I'm not sure of the legal restrictions but the problem with not having Toy Story characters/world in KH seems to be more of a Pixar dilemma than anything. There's also no other Pixar worlds in KH for instance.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol no, he wouldn't. He'd only have to ask Disney-Pixar for permission as he does for any world that appears in the games. Since the legalities of the non-original characters featured in the movie are Disney and Pixar's problem, I imagine their legal department would handle that, or it'd be forwarded to SE's legal department.

BluePikmin11

Awards
Lol no, he wouldn't. He'd only have to ask Disney-Pixar for permission as he does for any world that appears in the games. Since the legalities of the non-original characters featured in the movie are Disney and Pixar's problem, I imagine their legal department would handle that, or it'd be forwarded to SE's legal department.
I forgot to put ask for permission in the title of this thread, I forgot what rights were lol.

horto12485

Awards
Yes he would buy the Rights of Toys that appeared in Toy Story to appear in Kingdom Hearts because Toy Story is my favorite Pixar Film and the Other Pixar Movies should all make appearances in Kingdom Hearts.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yes he would buy the Rights of Toys that appeared in Toy Story to appear in Kingdom Hearts because Toy Story is my favorite Pixar Film and the Other Pixar Movies should all make appearances in Kingdom Hearts.

I don't think you really understand this? He doesn't need to buy any rights. All Nomura needs to do is ask for permission from Disney/Pixar. Any and all issues they may encounter would then be handled by the respective individuals depending on the circumstances.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I do think he could get along without using some of the toys that were previously actual toys. I mean, sure it would be sad to not have Mr. Potatohead, Slinky, Rex, and a whole bunch of others in the world, but I think the world could easily survive with just Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Zurg, Bullseye, etc.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To make this very clear:

Nomura and Square Enix do NOT have to buy rights for ANYTHING featured in the series.

This might be a little off topic but does the same go for star wars?

Nomura would only have to ask Disney for permission to use Star Wars if he were to ever decide to have it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
No, at its most simplistic, he would just need permission from the company. I'm not sure of the legal restrictions but the problem with not having Toy Story characters/world in KH seems to be more of a Pixar dilemma than anything. There's also no other Pixar worlds in KH for instance.
This. Even though Pixar has appeared in almost every compilation of Disney Characters(the Parks, the Princess Lineup, etc.) they've always been concerned about keeping their own identity when it comes to their properties.

Anyway, no. the Toy Story 3 game it should be noted was missing memorable nonoriginal characters, meaning that a Toy Story world *could* be made just without ken and barbie, the potato heads, little tykes, etc.

kupo1121

Awards
Anyway, no. the Toy Story 3 game it should be noted was missing memorable nonoriginal characters, meaning that a Toy Story world *could* be made just without ken and barbie, the potato heads, little tykes, etc.

lol I would love to see Barbie in the world if they could somehow get her rights just because I know Donald would fall for her lol xP They already have Jodi Benson on for Ariel and she also does Barbie's lines so if they could only get her rights...

kupo1121

Awards
Vəntus;5948257 said:
I don't see why you have to shoot down his opinion.

I'm not shooting down his opinion, despite what you may think that was an honest to god question. So many people on this site have voiced their opinion that Star Wars and Marvel best be left out of Kingdom Hearts so I couldn't tell if he was jumping on the badwagon so to speak or honestly wanting Star Wars in KH. Even in spoofs I've seen after Star Wars was bought by Disney, a lot of Star Wars fans and Disney fans did not want Star Wars appearing in major Disney properties.

The reason I added "lol" at the end is because I wanted the tone of my statement to be lighter instead of it seeming like I'm dissing him for him voicing his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back