• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Would Disney allow us to see a young Yen Sid?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EternalDream

With a keyblade no less.

He supposedly trained alongside them so they'll have to at least mention him, if not show him on-screen.

I really wonder how it'll be handled if Disney said no to a younger Yen Sid, which is not too unlikely I imagine.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I doubt it. I bet they had no plans to actually show a Young Xehanort game around the time of BBS. Unless Yen Sid is so old he is still a old man during their youths lol. Mickey can get away with it because he's a Disney mouse, hard to do that with a human though, lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
No probably not. Which is too bad since Yen Sid, Xehanort, and Eraqus could have been a trio.

I really wanted a scene between Xehanort and Yen Sid in KH3

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
"Younger", like basically the same but with more color in his beard.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
"Younger", like basically the same but with more color in his beard.
We could get ginger Yen Sid from the concept art.

latest

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I can totally see Square and Disney showing us an already old Yen Sid in Dark Road. Then Nomura will come up in an interview and say that his Sorceror's Hat was missing a star or moon and that showed that he was still not a Master. Or they have a side plot were Yen Sid finds or builds Mysterious Tower.

Better yet they can do an episode when they form the mysterious gang of Merlin, Fairy Godmother and the 3 Good Fairies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The consensus is that Disney has to introduce the character first, then they can be represented in Kingdom Hearts. So if we want a Young Yen Sid, we would first have to have a depiction of a Young Yen Sid in any sort of Disney media.

It's arguably the reason why Disney declined Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to be in Kingdom Hearts. He doesn't have a modern appearance.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The consensus is that Disney has to introduce the character first, then they can be represented in Kingdom Hearts. So if we want a Young Yen Sid, we would first have to have a depiction of a Young Yen Sid in any sort of Disney media.

It's arguably the reason why Disney declined Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to be in Kingdom Hearts. He doesn't have a modern appearance.
Very insightful. Still you'd think Oswald would get maybe a appearance in a Timeless River like world if that were the case.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They can just have Yen Sid be as old as he is now, except maybe change his hair colour or something.

Sanchezs

Maybe, but I get the sneaking sense that Yen Sid is one of those ridiculously ancient beings who only looks humanly possible. I've seen things in the background of KHUX's Daybreak Town that make me think the Mysterious Tower may have existed even then: if so, then Yen Sid may have already been old when Eraqus and Yen Sid were young.

D

Deleted member 252753

I won't be surprised if Yen Sid doesn't appear at all in Dark Road. I could be wrong but I don't think it's ever strictly stated that Yen Sid trained with Eraqus and Xehanort, only that he was once a Keyblade Master alongside them. Other than that, Yen Sid isn't mentioned as being a pupil with Xehanort in and of his reports and in BBS report V Xehanort says:

Few Keyblade wielders remain now; I have heard of but a handful of others outside my circle. But the World is vast, and more of our kind may be out there.

So Yen Sid could be one of those 'other' Keyblade Wielders from outside Scala.

If he were to appear at all in Dark Road though then maybe they could find a way to circumvent giving him a proper youthful design (a little like only Mickey's outline appearing in KH1) like he's already wearing his wizard outfit but he's not grown into it yet and his hat falls over his face so he looks like a Disney black mage or... something better than that but along the same lines.

disney233

Awards
Very insightful. Still you'd think Oswald would get maybe a appearance in a Timeless River like world if that were the case.
Epic Mickey came 5 years after KH2. I honestly doubt they knew what to do with him back then.

Edit: looking it up, KH2 came a year before Disney could even get the rights to Oswald back, which makes the situation even worse for him.

U.N. Owen

Awards
Yen Sid obviously was an emo teenager and took it upon himself to annihilate any trace of his young self. That's why we don't get to see young Yen Sid.

Back