• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worth Upgrading?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I have been an avid PC user for the greater part of my life, and they have been nothing but trouble, continuously crashing, freezing, and just flat out dying as long as I have worked with them.

I was wondering if anyone thinks I should upgrade to a Mac, if so which kind (and I'm kinda lacking in the Dough department, so none of that $1-5,000 crap) or should I stick with the PCs and just upgrade to a better operating system, IE Windows 7 and a new computer.

I am talking about laptops, so anyone got any incite on what I should do?

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I personally just got a new laptop 2 weeks ago, and I am thrilled with it. Then again, before i only had 27 gigs of HD space. I have windows 7, and it's not as crappy as vista is. (I HATE HATE Vista!) The only complaint I have is that I'm not sure if it has a webcam... o.o

Are you into gaming? Or like....

Like what you do on the computer? imho that is a big factor.

Windows has so much more stuff to do on them, cause so much more people put time and effort into PC programs.

But it really just depends what you do on your comp to decide which one to get. (imho)

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I have been an avid PC user for the greater part of my life, and they have been nothing but trouble, continuously crashing, freezing, and just flat out dying as long as I have worked with them.

I was wondering if anyone thinks I should upgrade to a Mac, if so which kind (and I'm kinda lacking in the Dough department, so none of that $1-5,000 crap) or should I stick with the PCs and just upgrade to a better operating system, IE Windows 7 and a new computer.

I am talking about laptops, so anyone got any incite on what I should do?

I dont really consider mac an upgrade from a pc. their experience imo is crippled, though they are more stable than pcs. Windows 7 is a more stable, and overall better build than vista so i would recommend it. you can find a descent windows based pc for like 600+ sometimes even less. for a descent mac you are gonna be spending like 1200+....

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I personally just got a new laptop 2 weeks ago, and I am thrilled with it. Then again, before i only had 27 gigs of HD space. I have windows 7, and it's not as crappy as vista is. (I HATE HATE Vista!) The only complaint I have is that I'm not sure if it has a webcam... o.o

Are you into gaming? Or like....

Like what you do on the computer? imho that is a big factor.

Windows has so much more stuff to do on them, cause so much more people put time and effort into PC programs.

But it really just depends what you do on your comp to decide which one to get. (imho)

Hmm, really all I do on my laptop is use the internet, watch videos, sometimes do some video editing, and I also use it to make music on a pro-tools type program.

Any suggestions?

Sora'sProtector

I was wondering if anyone thinks I should upgrade to a Mac

Switching over to Mac is a downgrade, just so you know.

Buy a new PC/Laptop with Windows 7 and some nice RAM and HD space. Yours only crashes because your hardware sucks or it's riddled with viruses.

D

Deleted member 36435

Honestly, I dislike Macs. However, for your needs having one seems fine. You don't seem to need a powerful machine. However, something simpler sounds like it would fit you nicer. You are lacking money, though. Which pretty rules out a Mac. Either save up for one or build your desktop.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
You can can get a very well built laptop running Win7 for a great price nowadays, I was eying this one myself, has gotten great reviews. I currently run Win7 and I have been extremely happy. It's much easier to find files now and the taskbar works great. If you are unsure if you will like it run over to a Best Buy and try out any of the machines they have running all the time.

Asus U30Jc-1A - Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine

My advice is to stay away from Dell laptops at all cost. The one I have right now has had pretty much every piece of hardware on it replaced and it hasn't even been a year yet.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I was also thinking of building a desktop. That could be the cheaper solution to my problem.....maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back