• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

eedvard

Hi guys, since i'm such a die-hard KH fan (gonna get 358/2 days and birth by sleep!) i was wondering whether it's worth getting Final Mix. What do you get with it that you don't get with the original KH2? Also, (pretty big but) i can't read japanese! any tips? any places to buy it that ship to the uk would also be appreciated. THX! :)

XShadowSoraX

Oh Yeah It Is Well Worth It .. I Imported It And Even Thought its Japanese I Know What They WOuld be Saying Plus You Have THe Added Extras Of The Cavern Of Rememberence And The Organisation Data Batlles .. My Faveroute Being The marluxia Battle

And The AddeD CutScenes Show Some Real Spoliers Which I Like =]

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
It's pretty much worth it if you've played both Kingdom Hearts 2 and Chain of Memories before. Then, the Japanese language shouldn't be a problem.

The new boss battles, areas, abilities and the new Limit Form made a huge improvement over the original and offer loads of new content.

Same with Re: COM (the extra game that comes with the set, a 3D remake of Chain of Memories), the new sleights alone made it worthwhile for me, the gameplay just works a lot better here.

However, since you live in the UK and probably have a PAL PS2 system, you should be aware that some problems can occur with using Swap Magic on PAL PS2s:

- Resized screen, black margin at the bottom (just about 10% of the screens unused)

- Video and Sound are often off-synch in normal cutscenes (isn't that big of a problem though), sound barely works at all in animated scenes like the secret movie, opening, ending, etc.

- The game is slightly slower than the original (but really just a bit, most people don't even notice it)

I think these problems only occur if you play it on an old 50hz TV, which is not compatible with the 60hz NTSC format, so if you have a 60hz TV, it should run fine.

If you use a 50hz TV, however, you probably should just buy this game for the gameplay, and not for the story and cutscenes.

Oh, and if Play-Asia.com doesn't work out, I guess looking at Ebay UK should do the trick, too.

Bh325

Like I just said in another thread, it's worth it if you want that extra material. The only downside might be the Japanese menus, but the Internet offers help for that.
But if you have money to spend and don't have specific use for it, go ahead and buy Final Mix+.:toungesmile:

eedvard

I'm glad that the best version has come out, i didn't like the idea of paying $80 for a game i'd already (sort of) played... would've still got it anyways, but the cheaper version's good! i think i have a new tv, i have enough of them around :)

It says on Play Asia that it has an egnlish voice cast, does that mean all the audio is in english?

Btw, thanks for your help everyone! :thumbsup:

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England
It says on Play Asia that it has an egnlish voice cast, does that mean all the audio is in english?

It is true that it is in a English voice cast but the new sences will be in Japanesee or no vioce what so ever, though. btw have fun with your game!
also you might want to get the right version of swap magic (dependent on the area of were you live i.e. USA, PAL (England), and Japan (i dont know the rest i there are any more :p))

Last edited:

shadowroxas91

MAN get the FM+ is the BEST KH GAME!!
you will have lots of fun with it and cool things of this game:
LIMIT FORM
NEW KEYBLADES
ABSENT soloutes (whatever)
cavern of remembrance (whatever)
new cutscenes.

eedvard said:
Hi guys, since i'm such a die-hard KH fan

Then why don't you have both Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ already?

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
it has remake of chain ofmemories and more stuff, andmore kyblades, u can wear crowns to help ur str and def, and it looks cool on u, u get to use "limit form" which makes u lookk like u were wearing ur original clothes but fitted and able to use attacks from kh1 not used in kh2 in that form. also special hints that spoil the next game, like secret boss terra, secret room called birth by sleep and aqua's armor

sora_freak12

I'm really not too sure it's worth it.

1.) Have to buy Swap Magic if you're not Japanese, and if you are, how the heck are you reading this??

2.) Have to IMPORT it. This costs in addition to the original game price.

3.) English voices in old scenes; japanese or none in new cutscenes. All subtitles in Japanese. WTF??!!?

4.) Japanese Menues (not sure I'd do very well with it)

I also have a few questions: 1. Are room titles (appear when you enter a room) in japanese too? 2. Is Swap Magic a permanent adjustment to the Ps2? In other words, do I have to use Swap Magic everytime I want to switch KH2FM+ with say, an American PS2 game?

As much as I would like to get it, (I'm a real fan of KH) I don't see what the point of going through all that it, if Square could just send it to us for Pete's sake! It's like favoritism! Japan gets all the extras, spoilers, etc, while we get an original, but still pretty crappy game! Come on, admit it, as good as KH2 was, it was a let-down.

I wanna smack Tetsuya right now...:cursing:

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
I also have a few questions: 1. Are room titles (appear when you enter a room) in japanese too? 2. Is Swap Magic a permanent adjustment to the Ps2? In other words, do I have to use Swap Magic everytime I want to switch KH2FM+ with say, an American PS2 game?

1. No, most of them are English.

2. No, you'll have to use the tool everytime you boot Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix +. As soon as you turn your Playstation 2 off, the effect wares off, too.

As much as I would like to get it, (I'm a real fan of KH) I don't see what the point of going through all that it, if Square could just send it to us for Pete's sake! It's like favoritism! Japan gets all the extras, spoilers, etc, while we get an original, but still pretty crappy game! Come on, admit it, as good as KH2 was, it was a let-down.

I wanna smack Tetsuya right now...:cursing:

Move to Japan then.

All these "Japan gets everything, US is f*cked"-arguments are complete bullshit.

Nomura doesn't release games around the world just for fun.

eedvard

For anyone who's played this all the way through, is it hard to navigate through menus or use magic, etc?

The scripts online are fine for me for all the new cutscenes but i dont think i have time to look through it in the middle of a battle when i wanna know what blizzard is :)

Ive just ordered swap magic for my ps2, and im waiting for the release date of bets mix!! woo! :lol:

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
For anyone who's played this all the way through, is it hard to navigate through menus or use magic, etc?

Not at all, if you don't care about stats like Strength or total of Experience Points so far. Navigating through the cards and changing decks isn't really a hard task once you've figured out which button does what.

And if you played the original, the layout should be familiar anyway.

The scripts online are fine for me for all the new cutscenes but i dont think i have time to look through it in the middle of a battle when i wanna know what blizzard is :)

Well, all the cards have pictures on it, so I don't think that should be a problem. The only difficult thing could be memorizing the different sleights, but if you managed to do that in the original, the language won't make it any harder in this version at all.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Yes It is Most Defo Worth It Especailly For the Added bonus of fighting previous Organisation Members =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back