• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worst KH pairing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
^ I guess I don't really think much about Roxas being out of it to begin with because that happened to everyone in the Org. The other thing is that relationships are so fluid/complex that it really depends on whatever fanfiction or headcanon you'd read or create, too, because I'd say an Axel/Roxas pairing wouldn't have begun on Roxas' first day in the Org. I could see them developing one-sided feelings over the course of Days (particularly towards the end of the narrative), without anything actually occurring until KH3 or post-KH3 when both characters are revived and finally free from the Org.

I mean, for ex, the KH2 scene where Roxas is leaving the Org. and Axel makes sure not to say "I would" after Roxas' "Nobody would miss me" until Roxas is out of earshot would make me think no ship could really start within the scope of Days or KH2? A lot of Axel's behavior after Roxas' disappearance reads to me similar to, say, Belle not realizing she loved the Beast until he was dead. He acts incredibly different/desperate to "feel" again throughout KH2.

I dunno. *shrug* I feel weird defending it since it's not even something I ship exactly outside of passively headcanoning it when watching their KH2 scenes because they're so intense. SoRiku is really the only thing I'd say I ship outright, and I'd say I prefer Axel/Saix actually. But I know Axel/Roxas was everywhere in the fandom when KH2 was released and during quite a long stretch through the side games, and I didn't think those people were weird for shipping it. I guess, I'm like you with most ships, live and let live, lol.

While Ariel wasn't wise, she wasn't thinking straight at the time, as her Father ripped apart what made her happy and her escapism and dreams. In a very traumatizing way. It's up there with the Cinderella moment where the Stepsisters tear apart poor Cind's pink dress.
I know the original commenter was joking (I laughed), so I don't want to be too serious, but this is true. KH2 really toned Triton and Ariel's fight down. In the film he blew up her entire grotto and not because she was in love with a guy (he was pretty happy when he thought she was infatuated at first), but because he hated humans and was pissed she didn't let Eric drown. Funny thing is, a fantheory I always thought was cute was that Ariel's earlier fight with Triton in the film caused the storm that wrecks Eric's ship, since the ocean reflects Triton's emotions. Which would mean Triton in a way caused the event that started the ball rolling, lol.

Hirokey123

Awards
I have to second that Maleficent x Riku is the worst pairing I can think of that I've actually seen. It hits pretty much every big "no" button there is.

-Mother and Son relationships becomes incredibly awkward when it turns into a romantic one (case example that DC comic where a man became a lover to a woman then screwed her so she would give birth to him outside the dimension he was stuck in. And then upon being born he grew into a 28 year old man in several days and resumed sort of being her lover while now also calling her mother. Oh and also there was implied kidnapping and rape and it ends with the two living happily ever after)
-Huge power imbalance on both sides. Maleficent is older, evil and far more devious who abused her knowledge to lie and manipulate Riku. Riku is far more powerful than Maleficent and has without remorse killed her twice. Once you can say was partly Ansem's doing but in CoM that was just Riku outright murdering a Maleficent. The two both used each other from their places in power as well.
-The sheer age difference is absurd and every time Maleficent makes any motion to touch Riku it comes off as incredibly creepy and Riku openly shows to not like it.
-There is odd unintended subtext by everyone who fully becomes Maleficent's servant tended to get new outfits that resembled bondage....
-Maleficent also essentially acted as a drug dealer to Riku feeding his darkness fix.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
psh, as if thinly veiled death threats arent the hottest thing a person can make.

Seconded. Ooh~
tumblr_inline_nchlqvqtu21sa70vw_by_darkgreyheroine-dbfb1sq.png

Ok, kidding. You spoke of VenAqua, pff, now get ready for
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ I guess I don't really think much about Roxas being out of it to begin with because that happened to everyone in the Org. The other thing is that relationships are so fluid/complex that it really depends on whatever fanfiction or headcanon you'd read or create, too, because I'd say an Axel/Roxas pairing wouldn't have begun on Roxas' first day in the Org. I could see them developing one-sided feelings over the course of Days (particularly towards the end of the narrative), without anything actually occurring until KH3 or post-KH3 when both characters are revived and finally free from the Org.

I mean, for ex, the KH2 scene where Roxas is leaving the Org. and Axel makes sure not to say "I would" after Roxas' "Nobody would miss me" until Roxas is out of earshot would make me think no ship could really start within the scope of Days or KH2? A lot of Axel's behavior after Roxas' disappearance reads to me similar to, say, Belle not realizing she loved the Beast until he was dead. He acts incredibly different/desperate to "feel" again throughout KH2.

I dunno. *shrug* I feel weird defending it since it's not even something I ship exactly outside of passively headcanoning it when watching their KH2 scenes because they're so intense. SoRiku is really the only thing I'd say I ship outright, and I'd say I prefer Axel/Saix actually. But I know Axel/Roxas was everywhere in the fandom when KH2 was released and during quite a long stretch through the side games, and I didn't think those people were weird for shipping it. I guess, I'm like you with most ships, live and let live, lol.

Of course you're correct on that one and I do concur that Axel/Roxas could actually work within the right circumstances which means outside of the actual established canon of 358/2 Days and KH 2, thus meaning possibly anything post-Kh 3/post-Xehanort saga.

This is a good comparison actually, I dig it. And yea, there is certainly a form of desperation visible with Axel throughout KH 2 and I also remember some people fuming/no liking Axel acting so different from his CoM-persona.
Nonetheless I do think that changes in the way Axel behaves and acts were at least partially intentional as Saix states at one point that "Castle Oblivion changed you" and if I recall correctly Axel himself admits somewhere that the time in C.O. changed him somehow and that Sora must somehow have rubbed off something on him.

Eh, I wouldn't even say you'd need to "defend" the ship, at least not from me since I'm not actually attacking it in the first place.
You can point out the possible unhealthy parts of a relationship without being actually deadset against it.
Oh the memories of the times of 2005 to 2008, Axel/Roxas or "AkuRoku" as the portmanteau ship-name from their japanese names is called was easily the most prominent and most widely shipped pairing in the entire fandom back then, with SoRiku and SoKai sharing second place and the shippers of those two fighting the biggest ship-wars around.
Like said, while Axel/Roxas may look borderline in some circumstances it certainly isn't the weirdest or "baddest" ship around the fandom as there are several out there which are much much worse.

I've more or less learned that it is the safest thing to do, lol.
I'm not a shipper in any form at all, although I do have my opinions on which ships I could see working somehow, some which I may find interesting and/or cute and some which I absolutely can't stand, but I won't go into detail on these topics unless asked.

If I recall correctly, VenFuu was one of the first at the beggining of this thread.
The circle is now complete.

Yea, and I still don't get behind how people came to this one at all since they have really zero to do with each other, never met and their personalities also aren't really compatible.
Even shipping Ventus with Tifa, Yuffie, Olette or Snow White is less cracky than this one and available before the new "options" from Union Cross as well.
If one wants to go the "homo-route" for him and isn't into Terra/Ven (possibly due to age gap) or Vanitas/Ventus (due to being abusive as heck and unhealthy) there would be both young Isa and Lea as options as well as young Hercules or Zack.

So I can still only shrug my shoulders at "VenFuu" because to me it makes zero sense, rofl.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
If I recall correctly, VenFuu was one of the first at the beggining of this thread.
The circle is now complete.

Woops, guess I got hypnotized for years by that bad ship lol
sorry then
*edited because I now realized this is an old thread so MickeyRiku HAS BEEN mentioned in here somewhere without doubt
if not then shame on the entire fandom

D

Deleted member 246005

GoofyAerith was a thing and it creeped me out back in the day. Granted if goofy ever had the ability to transform into a human being it be less creepy.

So was the idea of Malificient and Marluxia but its more palpable because they are villians and 50 kinds of screw up.

I don't think VenAqua is that farfetched because Ven could have a crush on her and Aqua doesn't realize it or ignore it bevause of the master's teachings.

Veevee

Awards
Everyone with a brotherly / sisterly relationship. "You two would make the weirdest brothers." BROTHERS. I really can't get how people would ship Terra x Ven or Aqua x Ven when they are so obviously presented as older brother / sister. Other than that ... Vanitas x anyone, Naminé x abuse (aka Marluxia, Xemnas, Larxene) ... everything paired with Xehanort.
Roxas x Axel due to ... everything. It just feels weird to me. Riku x Roxas - yeah, I can totally see how nearly beating each other to death is kinda romantic.

Luxu

Awards
Most of the ships in KH either make no sense or just aren't a good idea. Like Xion x Roxas...They are basically the same person, how would that work exactly? Also, people who mistake being best friends for romance. I see people ship Roxas and Axel all the time, they are only best friends.

Ventus x Aqua makes almost no sense, one factor is the age difference. Ven is like a 15/14 year old, while Aqua is like 17.

However, certain ships can work: Kairi x Sora being a really, really implied and mainstreamed one.

If no evidence of your ship exists, then chances are it might not occur.

However, Seagull Egg x That one tree is still my favorite ship.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
yen sid x kairi's grandma

i've never actually SEEN this ship, nor am i condemning it, i just want you to think about that when you go to sleep tonight.

Rii

Awards
yen sid x kairi's grandma

i've never actually SEEN this ship, nor am i condemning it, i just want you to think about that when you go to sleep tonight.

New headcanon: Yen Sid is Kairi's grandfather. Thank you for this.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
This is honestly the weirdest thread I've seen lately. On the one hand I agree with so many people here but on the other hand I've read some fantastic AU stories where they build the relationship right from meeting to the endgame date sequence.

Though I think my one ship I just will not sail is Namine and Roxas. Please do not think I am judging you if this is your ship. I just find Namine to be creepy and stalker-like in the KH2 cutscenes in Twilight Town. Really though, there are works of fiction that bend rules and most of them are well-written Alternate Universe stories. Granted some of these are how I discovered one of my favorite joke pairings.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
This is honestly the weirdest thread I've seen lately. On the one hand I agree with so many people here but on the other hand I've read some fantastic AU stories where they build the relationship right from meeting to the endgame date sequence.

Though I think my one ship I just will not sail is Namine and Roxas. Please do not think I am judging you if this is your ship. I just find Namine to be creepy and stalker-like in the KH2 cutscenes in Twilight Town. Really though, there are works of fiction that bend rules and most of them are well-written Alternate Universe stories. Granted some of these are how I discovered one of my favorite joke pairings.

Pretty much agreed. Almost every ship can be done well depending on the way its written.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Most of the ships in KH either make no sense or just aren't a good idea. Like Xion x Roxas...They are basically the same person, how would that work exactly? Also, people who mistake being best friends for romance. I see people ship Roxas and Axel all the time, they are only best friends.
The problem with this is it often ends up just being a gender bias (and that's something that happens in most fandoms, not just KH). What I mean is, this kind of “they’re just friends” defense seems to recur with ships like Riku/Sora, Axel/Roxas and less with, say, Riku/Namine, Riku/Kairi, Roxas/Xion, Roxas/Namine, etc. Likely because the latter ships are all het, making it easier to see why some dialogue or what have you may come across as more than friends to some people. JMO.

redcrown

Awards
Tetsuya Nomura x Story Planning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back