• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
If they do Atlantica or Land of Dragons, I want original stories. I think Nomura should look at the classic worlds as ones he can select for original stories linked to the main plot.
I wouldn't be to sure cause again, Nomura and his team are a bit wishy-washy when it comes to decide which Disney films they want as worlds and which Disney worlds they want to reuse again for the next KH game and they are based on the following:
  • Which Disney or Pixar films do Nomura and the development team want as worlds in the game
  • The themes that the specific Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The Story the world can offer and for Sora's growth
  • The gameplay value and environment that the world can offer.
  • Variety
Initially I didn't think we were coming back to Olympus/Olympus Coliseum for KH3 cause I thought KH2's story of the world as Sora, Donald and Goofy's becoming "Real Heroes" from the constellation was the end of it, but the reason that Olympus returned to KH3 was because it tied to what happened to Sora back in DDD when he lost most of his powers from Xehanort during his Mark of Mastery Exam so Sora, Donald and Goofy visit Olympus to get advice from Hercules on how to regain his lost powers.

While new worlds can be film retellings with slight connection to main plot (a la Corona/Arendelle).
I'd rather have them be like the retellings from KH1 and KH2 (mainly on Space Paranoids, Beast's Castle) instead of having the new worlds (mainly those based on Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Moana, etc.) where they become to forced and linear like what happened to Arendelle and especially Kingdom of Corona which cause SDG to either interact with the cast but don't play much of an impact in the world (in Arendelle's case) or have them stick out like a "sore thumb" in certain instances of the world and not knowing what the heck is going on (in Kingdom of Corona's case).

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wouldn't be to sure cause again, Nomura and his team are a bit wishy-washy when it comes to decide which Disney films they want as worlds and which Disney worlds they want to reuse again for the next KH game and they are based on the following:
  • Which Disney or Pixar films do Nomura and the development team want as worlds in the game
  • The themes that the specific Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The Story the world can offer and for Sora's growth
  • Variety
Initially I didn't think we were coming back to Olympus/Olympus Coliseum for KH3 cause I thought KH2's story of the world as Sora, Donald and Goofy's becoming "Real Heroes" from the constellation, but the reason that Olympus returned to KH3 was because it tied to what happened to Sora back in DDD when he lost most of his powers from Xehanort during his Mark of Mastery Exam so Sora, Donald and Goofy visit Olympus to get advice from Hercules on how to regain his lost powers.

I'd rather have them be like the retellings from KH1 and KH2 (mainly on Space Paranoids, Beast's Castle) instead of having the new worlds (mainly those based on Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Moana, etc.) where they become to forced and linear like what happened to Arendelle and especially Kingdom of Corona which cause SDG to either interact with the cast but don't play much of an impact in the world (in Arendelle's case) or have them stick out like a "sore thumb" in certain instances of the world and not knowing what the heck is going on (in Kingdom of Corona's case).
I used Arendelle/Kingdom of Corona as recent examples, but I agree with you. I would like the film retellings to be more like Beast's Castle, where they combine a main plot with the film's plot.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just had the craziest thought recently. What if in KH4 Axel/Lea is looking for a place for his group to live and get insurance for their new home and the person he goes to is Bob Parr? That's right the Parr family had been relocated to Twilight Town due to the superhero thing. I think that would be awesome since Bob and Lea both have kids to provide for, and Heartless and Nobodies do show up in TT. Plus Underminer can be a Twilight Town villain, Violet could go to school with Roxas and the gang and this could be a clever crossover much like Little Chef was in the bistro. Just a wacky thought I had.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I just had the craziest thought recently. What if in KH4 Axel/Lea is looking for a place for his group to live and get insurance for their new home and the person he goes to is Bob Parr? That's right the Parr family had been relocated to Twilight Town due to the superhero thing. I think that would be awesome since Bob and Lea both have kids to provide for, and Heartless and Nobodies do show up in TT. Plus Underminer can be a Twilight Town villain, Violet could go to school with Roxas and the gang and this could be a clever crossover much like Little Chef was in the bistro. Just a wacky thought I had.
I think i can prefer if they actually still do the Incredibles world instead of having the Parr family and characters move to Twilight Town.

With the release of Incredible 2, the KH story of Incredibles it's likely it would take place after the events of the 2nd film with the Supers now being legalized again.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I finally saw Frozen II (I'm late) and can give my opinion on if/when and what it could bring to KH4...come on you know it's almost 100% sure to be in.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

dianted

Awards
I would only enjoy Frozen II being a world if SE had more creative freedom, because Arendelle was probably a bigger disappointment in KH3 than Hundred Acre Wood. I would like for it to be a bit of an original take, even if they do mainly copy the film's plot, but not sure if that would be a possibility at this point.

The idea of having not only one but two female party members in a KH game (let alone in the same world) is, like, world-breaking. But the way the film works they could have multiple parts where Anna is the focus/only party member and then it switches or something like that.

The Enchanted Forest and the Elementals and things would just look so good and I'd like to see what could be a better Frozen II done.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The idea of having not only one but two female party members in a KH game (let alone in the same world) is, like, world-breaking.
This made me laugh, but feel sad at the same time because it's true that it would almost be revelatory at this point.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I watched Onward and it would definitely make an amazing Kingdom Hearts world. But with its box office performance (partly due to factors out of its control), it may just end up relegated as a world for one of the side games.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I finally saw Frozen II (I'm late) and can give my opinion on if/when and what it could bring to KH4...come on you know it's almost 100% sure to be in.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I really enjoy your idea @SweetYetSalty and I absolutely agree with how the world will play out once we return to the world in Kingdom Hearts IV

Have the world start with Sora, Donald and Goofy arriving to Arendelle for the first time either during the morning or at night, but I'd chose the former, then later at night while they relax and observe at the night sky suddenly they notice the Elemental Crystal spirits (Fire, Water, Wind and Earth) that Elsa awakens and also having a few Heartless causing chaos in Arendelle. This is soon followed with Sora, Donald and Goofy rescuing the Villagers and evacuating them from Arendelle similar to SDG saving the townsfolk in Olympus during the Heartless attack in KH3.
Then after the whole ordeal the rest of the movie happens which is what you described above (get advice from Pabbie, head into the Enchanted Forest, meet Mathias and the Northuldra, etc.) with SDG involved with Elsa, Anna and the others until the former separates from them and a few Heartless and Bosses popping up.

Elsa being a party member to Sora, is very likely. She is no longer the person who's afraid of using her powers when around others like the first film and KH3 as she managed to have better control over her Ice powers by the end of the first film going forward, plus imagine the team limits she can do with Sora when battling enemies, it's similar to how Hercules in KH1 and KH2 wasn't even in Sora's party before he officially became a party member for Sora in KH3. Even Anna could also be a secondary party member as well as she can wield a sword, don't know what else she can do besides using the sword (unless that was in the teaser). However, it could be another Rapunzel situation where by the time the see the ship wreckage (where Anna and Elsa's parents perished) and Elsa creates the Ice ramp and Boat for Anna and Olaf as well as SDG is when she stops joining Sora's party and heads off to Ahtohallan and the rest of it would just be Anna as the sole party member for Sora until the end of the world's storyy.

Lastly, since you brought up the Elementals, I do hope that Sora, Donald and Goofy see and witness Bruni the Salamander cause I was disappointed that in Kingdom of Corona they pay little to no attention to Pascal regardless if they saw him twice and just disregarded him. Just imagine that following the end of the boss fight against Bruni as a flame spirit where they mistook it for a Fire Heartless (which would be funny btw) was nothing but a little salamander. :p
giphy.gif

I would only enjoy Frozen II being a world if SE had more creative freedom, because Arendelle was probably a bigger disappointment in KH3 than Hundred Acre Wood. I would like for it to be a bit of an original take, even if they do mainly copy the film's plot, but not sure if that would be a possibility at this point.
Frankly, I find Kingdom of Corona to be more disappointing than Arendelle in my unpopular opinion mostly during the world's 2nd 3rd act due to how Sora, Donald and Goofy stood out like a "sore thumb", removing mentioning of the golden flower, Sora and the gang never questioning Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, changing Flynn/Eugene's character, and having Sora and the gang be clueless of Mother Gothel's true colors while remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her, before Marluxia tolds them through context.

Lastly regardless if the world brought up the "New Seven Hearts" (as Rapunzel is one of them) and Marluxia thematically fit the world, neither Rapunzel and Mother Gothel respectively never brought up his name again for the remainder after their first encounter of him, which made his appearance and role very pointless in the world. At least with Monstropolis, Toy Box and San Fransokyo, the inhabitants do acknowledged the Organization XIII member (Young Xehanort, Vanitas, and Dark Riku) and not brush them off like it never happened, particularly the former world when Randall had a "teamup" with Vanitas.

At least Xaldin was handled much better in Beast's Castle than Marluxia. lol

I made a lot of complaints on Kingdom of Corona, before which you can view here, here, here, and here. While I'm not saying Arendelle is above Corona, that's not the point, but when compared to the other KH3 Disney worlds stories I'd put Corona below The Caribbean, San Fransokyo, Olympus, Monstropolis, and Toy Box.

I just don't want for future Disney animated films that become worlds like Wreck-It Ralph, Moana, Zootopia and Raya and the Last Dragon to endure what Arendelle and especially Kingdom of Corona endured in KH3 where they become to forced and linear like what happened to Arendelle and especially Kingdom of Corona which cause SDG to either interact with the cast but don't play much of an impact in the world (in Arendelle's case) or have them stick out like a "sore thumb" in certain instances of the world and not knowing what the heck is going on, ), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but not acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved (in Kingdom of Corona's case).I'd rather have the future Disney worlds to be like the retellings of the film from KH1 and KH2 (mainly on Space Paranoids, Beast's Castle).

The idea of having not only one but two female party members in a KH game (let alone in the same world) is, like, world-breaking. But the way the film works they could have multiple parts where Anna is the focus/only party member and then it switches or something like that.

The Enchanted Forest and the Elementals and things would just look so good and I'd like to see what could be a better Frozen II done.
@dianted Elsa looks to be very likely to become a party member to Sora for KHIV. She is no longer the person who's afraid of using her powers when around others like the first film and KH3 as she managed to have better control over her Ice powers by the end of the first film going forward, and imagine the team limits she can do with Sora when battling enemies, it's very reminiscent to how Hercules in KH1 and especially KH2 wasn't even a party member for Sora before he officially became a party member in Sora's party in KH3. Even Anna could also be a secondary party member as well as she can wield a sword, don't know what else she can do besides using the sword (unless that was in the teaser).

Lastly, as @SweetYetSalty mentioned the Elementals could be useful for the KHIV plot and for a potential Boss fight.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I watched Onward and it would definitely make an amazing Kingdom Hearts world. But with its box office performance (partly due to factors out of its control), it may just end up relegated as a world for one of the side games.
@Alpha Baymax I don't know, in fact Nomura and his team haven't seen the film or are aware of it, but then again Nomura has mentioned in past interviews that he and his crew are invited by Disney to see Early screenings of their upcoming films before they're released in Japan.

Personally it will depend on which Disney and Pixar films they choose as worlds in the KH game cause it comes down to the following factors:
  • Which Disney or Pixar films do Nomura and the development team want in the game as worlds.
  • Which Disney worlds they want to reuse again for the specific KH game
  • The Story the world can offer
  • Variety
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)
If I'm going to be honest I don't know how Onward would fit for the next KH game (before KHIV) in terms of themes and what Kairi and/or Riku's role would be like if they met Ian and Barley, cause I do see this film more as a KHIV world than a side game KH world (although the same can be said on preferring Monstropolis as a DDD world than KH3 world, but I digress).

I wouldn't be surprise if Onward does wound up becoming a world in the next KH game before KHIV, because like I said in previous posts based on this I have been noticing lately that some of the more recent films released by Disney have been included as a world in a future KH game. The film, Tron: Legacy was a perfect example of this, as the film came out in 2010 while Dream Drop Distance was still in development and eventually became a word 2 years after the film came out, even Big Hero 6 got included in Kingdom Hearts III as a world just a year after its movie came out in 2014, but unlike with Tron: Legacy, Disney and/or Roy Conli basically requested Nomura to be added in the game as a world.

Honestly this is how I see the Disney films as worlds for the next KH games:

Disney Worlds for KH game before Kingdom Hearts IV (DDD 2)
  • Coco
  • Inside Out
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Moana
  • Treasure Planet
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Version) or The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
  • The Jungle Book (1967 animated version)
  • Dumbo
  • Brave
  • Onward

Disney Worlds for Kingdom Hearts IV
  • Zootopia
  • Raya and the Last Dragon
  • Soul
  • The Incredibles (following original story after the 2nd film)
  • Princess and the Frog
  • Frozen II (returning world)
  • Toy Story (returning world)
  • Aladdin (returning world; following plot of third film)
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • Winnie the Pooh (returning world)
  • Jungle Cruise

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
While this isn't really a world related discussion and couldn't post this on this thread for reasons I'm not going to say.

The Creator of Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure, Chris Sonnenburg has this to say on Kingdom Hearts:

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
First of all before I throw in my two cents I just want to say hello to everyone here and wishing all of you safety in these crazy times we are living in. I also want to address that it's been quite a few years since I last posted and visited here since the wait for KH3 at the time was becoming too long to bare with the interest for the series declining for a while. Since upon finally playing KH3 last year, feeling both underwhelmed and disappointed, it motivated me to return to these forums and read what everybody had to say about it and which worlds could potentially come up for KH4 (which I am hoping will be the "redemption game" for this series. If not then KH2 will forever be the true ending for me.).

Now onto the world selection. This is going to be a mix of what I want in it and also what I think is most likely going to be in KH4 regardless if I like it or not. I am also going to follow the KH2 formula by having six returning Disney worlds and six brand new ones. Lastly, having a great "surprise world" in KH4 would help elevate it much like what Nightmare Before Christmas did for KH1 and what Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron did for KH2. For now I will just do the returning ones so the post doesn't go on for too long. I will do the brand new Disney Worlds list in my next post. Here we go..

Kingdom Hearts 4:

(Returning Worlds)

1.Aladdin - (Letdown it wasn't in KH3. Besides Hercules, Aladdin is the only other male Disney character outside of the obvious pair of Donald and Goofy that Sora seems to have a major connection with. Almost like a sibling relationship similar with Riku. The visit(s) here in KH4 can be a mix of King of Thieves and an original storyline pertaining to the overall plot of KH4 and the new princesses of heart. I wouldn't mind battling not only Saluk, but also against Jafar one last time in both his Genie AND giant cobra form. Maybe even fight BOTH Saluk and Jafar in the same boss fight for an extra challenge. Perhaps add a battle against one of the Foretellers too with Aladdin assisting you like how Beast helped you against Xaldin. Possibilities are endless for Agrabah. Speaking of Agrabah...how about actually having crowds of people there as well as exploring the palace this time. Plus include the Turtle island and the Cave of Wonders. All of which would look amazing in unreal engine. One final thing, PLEASE give Genie more of a relevant role in this than he did in KH2.)

2. Nightmare Before Christmas - (I am going to be honest, I originally was among those that thought there was no point of bringing this back after KH2, BUT I have to agree that after playing KH3, this world would look astounding in the new unreal engine graphics. It's gothic environment mixed with Claymation style aesthetic presents more world diversity. As far as the story goes for this world, just go with an original story that is at least loosely tied to the main plot if not fully connected to it. Just like I wouldn't mind fighting Jafar one last time, same can be said for Oogie Boogie. Both Disney villains AND Organization 13 members that already died keep coming back with little to no explanation anyway so may as well bring him back too for one more final battle. Let's be honest, Kingdom Hearts is a lot like current Dragon Ball now as far as death being little to no consequence goes. This time do the KH1 treatment for Oogie were he as two separate battles and forms. Make the second form/giant form actually a real threat this time. Maybe for extra variety we can return to Christmas Town and visit some of the other holiday worlds. For those who will say "Well those places were never showcased in either the film or the previous videogames, HOWEVER Toy Story in KH3 had Galaxy Toys. I wouldn't mind not only iconic locations, but also some brand new original locations too if it's implemented correctly and feels natural to the world itself.)

3. Tangled - (One of my top three favorite worlds from Kingdom Hearts 3. Of all the female Disney characters that appeared in the series that Sora has met, he certainly has the most chemistry with Rapunzel without a doubt. Shoots, if Flynn/Eugene wasn't around I think Sora and Rapunzel would have became a couple..which actually would have presented an interesting conflict for once. Sora falling for a girl who lives in a separate world from him and can't get to be with her because of "Oh no meddling! World Order!" would have added in some much needed drama and intrigue to the story which surprisingly hasn't been approached yet in the series. Could have had a funny jealous Kiari and/or Flynn scene too. They could still do all of that with them flirting/teasing with the idea of Sora and Rapunzel almost hooking up with the two of them even acknowledging they would make a decent couple in a return visit only for both of them realizing they are truly destined to be with Kiari and Flynn in the end. The world design is great and hope they expand upon that including more exploration of the Kingdom. They can adapt some parts of the tv series and create an original storyline for this world as well. I felt cheated out of a proper boss battle with Mother Gothel, so I am not opposed to having her return to fight Sora and the others. Either have Mother Gothel gain dark powers from Maleficent or Xigbar etc. or have her team up with a heartless like Clayton in KH1 or Gothel teams up with one of the Foretellers in a boss fight. That hasn't been done in the series yet, a Disney villain and an original villain teaming up in a boss battle against Sora. The same could happen in Agrabah with Jafar and a Foreteller). Visiting here would be important like Agrabah, further delving into the new princesses of heart storyline. Best thing of all about Kingdom of Corona returning I am surprised no one has mentioned yet, they can adapt 'Challenge of the Brave' and have this world be the new "tournament world" to replace Olympus. Even after you complete the main story of the world you can return for different Cups they are hosting to gain new abilities and items.)

4. Frozen - (Unlike Agrabah, Corona, and Halloween Town, Arendelle is one place I do NOT care to visit again because of how horribly represented it was in KH3. As bad as Corona and Port Royal would get with the retellings in KH3, and as horrible as the first visits to Port Royal and Pride Lands were in KH2, Arendelle out does them all by a mile or more. In Corona, Port Royal, and Pride Lands, SDG had little relevance in anything while in Arendelle they had..NO relevance period. This is not a world I want to return, but I am sure it will anyway because of the insane popularity of Frozen. Just going to pray that at least in the next visit SDG actually build a CONNECTION with Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff, plus having the world relate more the to main plot via further explaining the new princesses of heart story that both Agrabah and Corona would set the ground work for. Having Elsa and Anna as party members would be great, maybe have Marshmellow as a party member again too or as a summon. Kristoff could make for a nice party member or summon too. I never viewed the second film so I don't know what the plot of it is and which villains they battle in that one. For KH4 I assume they will just retell some of the sequel in abridged form like how Return of Jafar was in KH2, crossed with an original storyline. Finally expand on the level exploration in this world for the next game including visiting the actual kingdom of Arendelle.)

5. Toy Story - (Originally a world I wanted in a Kingdom Hearts game since the first game was released in 2002. Now after playing it in KH3 I couldn't care less if I don't see it again in another game. I appreciate the original storyline they did in KH3, but playing through the level itself was almost as monotonous as Arendelle was. Have to agree with others in saying that at times it didn't even feel like a Toy Story world, being in the robot/mecha suits and many videogame references including that incredibly random Verum Rex which all felt better suited for a Wreck-It Ralph world. I put this on the list because I know just like Frozen, Toy Story is very popular and is one of the few KH3 worlds most likely return in KH4 even if the world plot almost has nothing to do with the rest of the game. When it does return, hopefully they will add more iconic locations as well as a boss battle with Zurg or/and Sid which I also felt cheated out of in KH3. KH3 really was one big tease when it came to Disney/Pixar boss battles. Of course keep both Woody and Buzz as party members. Maybe make Jesse or Little Bo Peep as one of the new seven princesses of heart. They made Alice into one in KH1 so it's a possibility. My hopes are that this world can be improved on. Port Royal was one of my most hated worlds in KH2, then in KH3 it is in my top three favorites along with Corona and Olympus. Perhaps KH4 can "redeem" Toy Box and make it more fun to play in. Only time will tell.)

6. Winnie the Pooh - (Just like with Frozen, I don't care about this world returning, but I have a feeling it will make another dreaded return regardless of how I feel about it. I personally feel like we already said all there was to be said about Hundred Acre Wood in KH2, and yet it still somehow got shoehorned into KH3 in the most mediocre fashion possible. One miniscule room with the exact same mini game done in different variations. They really couldn't have added something else into KH3 instead? Why even bother? Anyway I have a feeling this will return because it seems mandatory to have Pooh in the big numbered games for some reason. Don't know the thought process behind this, but okay. As long as they include more than just one location this time and have a few different minigames that help you unlock special items like you know, what they did in the first two games. Perhaps to make visiting Hundred Acre Wood more unique this time around, how about have Sora bring Riku or Kiari or even Donald and Goofy along to visit Pooh? Add something new and fresh to this setting for once.)

That wraps it up for returning worlds for KH4. Hope you all enjoy the read and I appreciate any feedback you have for it. Later today I will post the new worlds list.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
First of all before I throw in my two cents I just want to say hello to everyone here and wishing all of you safety in these crazy times we are living in. I also want to address that it's been quite a few years since I last posted and visited here since the wait for KH3 at the time was becoming too long to bare with the interest for the series declining for a while. Since upon finally playing KH3 last year, feeling both underwhelmed and disappointed, it motivated me to return to these forums and read what everybody had to say about it and which worlds could potentially come up for KH4 (which I am hoping will be the "redemption game" for this series. If not then KH2 will forever be the true ending for me.).

Now onto the world selection. This is going to be a mix of what I want in it and also what I think is most likely going to be in KH4 regardless if I like it or not. I am also going to follow the KH2 formula by having six returning Disney worlds and six brand new ones. Lastly, having a great "surprise world" in KH4 would help elevate it much like what Nightmare Before Christmas did for KH1 and what Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron did for KH2. For now I will just do the returning ones so the post doesn't go on for too long. I will do the brand new Disney Worlds list in my next post. Here we go..

Kingdom Hearts 4:

(Returning Worlds)

1.Aladdin - (Letdown it wasn't in KH3. Besides Hercules, Aladdin is the only other male Disney character outside of the obvious pair of Donald and Goofy that Sora seems to have a major connection with. Almost like a sibling relationship similar with Riku. The visit(s) here in KH4 can be a mix of King of Thieves and an original storyline pertaining to the overall plot of KH4 and the new princesses of heart. I wouldn't mind battling not only Saluk, but also against Jafar one last time in both his Genie AND giant cobra form. Maybe even fight BOTH Saluk and Jafar in the same boss fight for an extra challenge. Perhaps add a battle against one of the Foretellers too with Aladdin assisting you like how Beast helped you against Xaldin. Possibilities are endless for Agrabah. Speaking of Agrabah...how about actually having crowds of people there as well as exploring the palace this time. Plus include the Turtle island and the Cave of Wonders. All of which would look amazing in unreal engine. One final thing, PLEASE give Genie more of a relevant role in this than he did in KH2.)

2. Nightmare Before Christmas - (I am going to be honest, I originally was among those that thought there was no point of bringing this back after KH2, BUT I have to agree that after playing KH3, this world would look astounding in the new unreal engine graphics. It's gothic environment mixed with Claymation style aesthetic presents more world diversity. As far as the story goes for this world, just go with an original story that is at least loosely tied to the main plot if not fully connected to it. Just like I wouldn't mind fighting Jafar one last time, same can be said for Oogie Boogie. Both Disney villains AND Organization 13 members that already died keep coming back with little to no explanation anyway so may as well bring him back too for one more final battle. Let's be honest, Kingdom Hearts is a lot like current Dragon Ball now as far as death being little to no consequence goes. This time do the KH1 treatment for Oogie were he as two separate battles and forms. Make the second form/giant form actually a real threat this time. Maybe for extra variety we can return to Christmas Town and visit some of the other holiday worlds. For those who will say "Well those places were never showcased in either the film or the previous videogames, HOWEVER Toy Story in KH3 had Galaxy Toys. I wouldn't mind not only iconic locations, but also some brand new original locations too if it's implemented correctly and feels natural to the world itself.)

3. Tangled - (One of my top three favorite worlds from Kingdom Hearts 3. Of all the female Disney characters that appeared in the series that Sora has met, he certainly has the most chemistry with Rapunzel without a doubt. Shoots, if Flynn/Eugene wasn't around I think Sora and Rapunzel would have became a couple..which actually would have presented an interesting conflict for once. Sora falling for a girl who lives in a separate world from him and can't get to be with her because of "Oh no meddling! World Order!" would have added in some much needed drama and intrigue to the story which surprisingly hasn't been approached yet in the series. Could have had a funny jealous Kiari and/or Flynn scene too. They could still do all of that with them flirting/teasing with the idea of Sora and Rapunzel almost hooking up with the two of them even acknowledging they would make a decent couple in a return visit only for both of them realizing they are truly destined to be with Kiari and Flynn in the end. The world design is great and hope they expand upon that including more exploration of the Kingdom. They can adapt some parts of the tv series and create an original storyline for this world as well. I felt cheated out of a proper boss battle with Mother Gothel, so I am not opposed to having her return to fight Sora and the others. Either have Mother Gothel gain dark powers from Maleficent or Xigbar etc. or have her team up with a heartless like Clayton in KH1 or Gothel teams up with one of the Foretellers in a boss fight. That hasn't been done in the series yet, a Disney villain and an original villain teaming up in a boss battle against Sora. The same could happen in Agrabah with Jafar and a Foreteller). Visiting here would be important like Agrabah, further delving into the new princesses of heart storyline. Best thing of all about Kingdom of Corona returning I am surprised no one has mentioned yet, they can adapt 'Challenge of the Brave' and have this world be the new "tournament world" to replace Olympus. Even after you complete the main story of the world you can return for different Cups they are hosting to gain new abilities and items.)

4. Frozen - (Unlike Agrabah, Corona, and Halloween Town, Arendelle is one place I do NOT care to visit again because of how horribly represented it was in KH3. As bad as Corona and Port Royal would get with the retellings in KH3, and as horrible as the first visits to Port Royal and Pride Lands were in KH2, Arendelle out does them all by a mile or more.
In Corona, Port Royal, and Pride Lands, SDG had little relevance in anything while in Arendelle they had..NO relevance period. This is not a world I want to return, but I am sure it will anyway because of the insane popularity of Frozen. Just going to pray that at least in the next visit SDG actually build a CONNECTION with Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff, plus having the world relate more the to main plot via further explaining the new princesses of heart story that both Agrabah and Corona would set the ground work for. Having Elsa and Anna as party members would be great, maybe have Marshmellow as a party member again too or as a summon. Kristoff could make for a nice party member or summon too. I never viewed the second film so I don't know what the plot of it is and which villains they battle in that one. For KH4 I assume they will just retell some of the sequel in abridged form like how Return of Jafar was in KH2, crossed with an original storyline. Finally expand on the level exploration in this world for the next game including visiting the actual kingdom of Arendelle.)

5. Toy Story - (Originally a world I wanted in a Kingdom Hearts game since the first game was released in 2002. Now after playing it in KH3 I couldn't care less if I don't see it again in another game. I appreciate the original storyline they did in KH3, but playing through the level itself was almost as monotonous as Arendelle was. Have to agree with others in saying that at times it didn't even feel like a Toy Story world, being in the robot/mecha suits and many videogame references including that incredibly random Verum Rex which all felt better suited for a Wreck-It Ralph world. I put this on the list because I know just like Frozen, Toy Story is very popular and is one of the few KH3 worlds most likely return in KH4 even if the world plot almost has nothing to do with the rest of the game. When it does return, hopefully they will add more iconic locations as well as a boss battle with Zurg or/and Sid which I also felt cheated out of in KH3. KH3 really was one big tease when it came to Disney/Pixar boss battles. Of course keep both Woody and Buzz as party members. Maybe make Jesse or Little Bo Peep as one of the new seven princesses of heart. They made Alice into one in KH1 so it's a possibility. My hopes are that this world can be improved on. Port Royal was one of my most hated worlds in KH2, then in KH3 it is in my top three favorites along with Corona and Olympus. Perhaps KH4 can "redeem" Toy Box and make it more fun to play in. Only time will tell.)

6. Winnie the Pooh - (Just like with Frozen, I don't care about this world returning, but I have a feeling it will make another dreaded return regardless of how I feel about it. I personally feel like we already said all there was to be said about Hundred Acre Wood in KH2, and yet it still somehow got shoehorned into KH3 in the most mediocre fashion possible. One miniscule room with the exact same mini game done in different variations. They really couldn't have added something else into KH3 instead? Why even bother? Anyway I have a feeling this will return because it seems mandatory to have Pooh in the big numbered games for some reason. Don't know the thought process behind this, but okay. As long as they include more than just one location this time and have a few different minigames that help you unlock special items like you know, what they did in the first two games. Perhaps to make visiting Hundred Acre Wood more unique this time around, how about have Sora bring Riku or Kiari or even Donald and Goofy along to visit Pooh? Add something new and fresh to this setting for once.)

That wraps it up for returning worlds for KH4. Hope you all enjoy the read and I appreciate any feedback you have for it. Later today I will post the new worlds list.
Personally I'd agree to all but Halloween Town and Kingdom of Corona as returning worlds for Kingdom Hearts IV.

For Halloween Town, although I'm not opposed for an original story and experienced an accurate representation of Halloween Town much like they did it with the returning worlds of Olympus and The Caribbean for KH3, what else can we do here in Halloween Town? I'm pretty satisfied with the way they ended the world off in Kingdom Hearts II, not to mention that other than Christmas Town we don't know what the Holiday doors look like cause we NEVER had visited them nor were they shown in Oogie's Revenge.

Besides, having Oogie Boogie being brought back to life again would feel pretty repetitive and linear at this point. Even the same can be said for Olympus (Hercules') cause after the destruction of the Titans in KH3 I just feel it would be redundant having Hades coming up with a new plan to destroy Hercules or takeover Olympus after he keeps foiled again and again, so I doubt Olympus is coming back for the next KH games as is Halloween Town.

As for Kingdom of Corona, I find the world to be more disappointing than Arendelle in my unpopular opinion mostly during the world's 2nd and 3rd act due to how Sora, Donald and Goofy stood out like a "sore thumb", removing mentioning of the golden flower, Sora and the gang never questioning Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, changing Flynn/Eugene's character, and having Sora and the gang be clueless of Mother Gothel's true colors while remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her before Marluxia tolds them through context. Even the world itself raised more questions than answers when compared to The Caribbean and Arendelle, cause it sure doesn't look like Rapunzel's journey from the tower to the Kingdom was two days like in the film, nor do I think that Rapunzel and Flynn EVER went to the Snuggly Duckling with the Pub Thugs and the Dam like in the movie when they separated from SDG from the Reaper nobodies, and I don't think that the Guards were also after Flynn as it was only just Maximus that chased him which would explain his dialogue:
Flynn: "The horse was enough, I don't need monsters on my trail."

Even the scene with Sora, Donald, Goofy and their first and ONLY interaction with Mother Gothel still raised Red Flags, to be frank, and If I were in their shoes or be right beside them and if Gothel gave me the cold shoulder calling me "useless of no help" I too would raise an eyebrow and think to myself you know something feels of with this woman.

Lastly, regardless if the world brought up the "New Seven Hearts" (as Rapunzel is one of them) and Marluxia thematically fit the world (due to the flower motif), neither Rapunzel nor Mother Gothel respectively never brought up his name again for the remainder after their first encounter of him, which made his appearance and role in the world very pointless. At least with Monstropolis, Toy Box and San Fransokyo, the inhabitants do acknowledged the Organization XIII member (Young Xehanort, Vanitas, and Dark Riku) and not brush them off like it never happened, particularly the former world when Randall had a "teamup" with Vanitas.

I made a lot of complaints on Kingdom of Corona, before which you can view here, here, here, and here. While I'm not saying Arendelle is above Corona, that's not the point, but when compared to the other KH3 Disney worlds stories I'd put Corona below The Caribbean, San Fransokyo, Olympus, Monstropolis, and Toy Box.

I just don't want for future Disney animated films that become worlds like Wreck-It Ralph, Moana, Zootopia and Raya and the Last Dragon to endure what Arendelle and especially Kingdom of Corona endured in KH3 where they become to forced and linear like what happened to those two worlds in KH3 which causes SDG to either interact with the cast but don't play much of an impact in the world (in Arendelle's case) or have them stick out like a "sore thumb" in certain instances of the world and not knowing what the heck is going on, while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but not acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved (in Kingdom of Corona's case). I'd rather have the future Disney worlds to be like the retellings of the film from KH1 and KH2 (mainly on Space Paranoids, Beast's Castle).

Finally it will come down to whether or not Nomura and his team are that interested in having Halloween Town and especially Kingdom of Corona return for future games cause it all comes down to:
  • Which specific Disney worlds they want to reuse again for that specific KH game.
  • The Story the world can offer and for Sora's growth/character development
  • Variety
Not to mention I haven't seen Halloween Town be used in any other KH games since KH2 and 358/2 Days respectively.

I'd say from the worlds that are likely to return to KHIV they are:
  • Agrabah
  • 100 Acre Wood
  • Toy Box
  • Arendelle

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Personally I'd agree to all but Halloween Town and Kingdom of Corona as returning worlds for Kingdom Hearts IV.

For Halloween Town, although I'm not opposed for an original story and experienced an accurate representation of Halloween Town much like they did it with the returning worlds of Olympus and The Caribbean for KH3, what else can we do here Halloween Town? I'm pretty satisfied with the way they ended the world off in Kingdom Hearts II, not to mention that other than Christmas Town we don't know what the Holiday doors look like cause we NEVER had visited them nor were they shown in Oogie's Revenge.

Besides, having Oogie Boogie being brought back to life again would feel pretty repetitive and linear at this point. Even the same can be said for Olympus (Hercules') cause after the destruction of the Titans in KH3 I just feel it would be redundant having Hades coming up with a new plan to destroy Hercules or takeover Olympus after he keeps foiled again and again, so I doubt Olympus is coming back for the next KH games as is Halloween Town.

As for Kingdom of Corona, I find the world to be more disappointing than Arendelle in my unpopular opinion mostly during the world's 2nd 3rd act due to how Sora, Donald and Goofy stood out like a "sore thumb", removing mentioning of the golden flower, Sora and the gang never questioning Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, changing Flynn/Eugene's character, and having Sora and the gang be clueless of Mother Gothel's true colors while remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her, before Marluxia tolds them through context. Even the world itself raised more questions than answers when compared to The Caribbean and Arendelle, cause it sure doesn't look like Rapunzel's journey from the tower to the Kingdom was two days like in the film, nor do I think that Rapunzel and Flynn EVER went to the Snuggly Duckling with the Pub Thugs and the Dam like in the movie when they separated from SDG from the Reaper nobodies, and I don't think that the Guards were also after Flynn as it was only Maximus that chased him which would explain his dialogue:

Even the scene with Sora, Donald, Goofy and their first and ONLY interaction with Mother Gothel still raised Red Flags, to be frank and If I were in their shoes or be right beside them and if Gothel gave me the cold shoulder calling me "useless of no help" I too would raise an eyebrow and think to myself you know something feels of with this woman.

Lastly regardless if the world brought up the "New Seven Hearts" (as Rapunzel is one of them) and Marluxia thematically fit the world, neither Rapunzel nor Mother Gothel respectively never brought up his name again for the remainder after their first encounter of him, which made his appearance and role in the world very pointless. At least with Monstropolis, Toy Box and San Fransokyo, the inhabitants do acknowledged the Organization XIII member (Young Xehanort, Vanitas, and Dark Riku) and not brush them off like it never happened, particularly the former world when Randall had a "teamup" with Vanitas.

I just don't want for future Disney animated films that become worlds like Wreck-It Ralph, Moana, Zootopia and Raya and the Last Dragon to endure what Arendelle and especially Kingdom of Corona endured in KH3 where they become to forced and linear like what happened to those two worlds in KH3 which causes SDG to either interact with the cast but don't play much of an impact in the world (in Arendelle's case) or have them stick out like a "sore thumb" in certain instances of the world and not knowing what the heck is going on, ), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but not acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved (in Kingdom of Corona's case). I'd rather have the future Disney worlds to be like the retellings of the film from KH1 and KH2 (mainly on Space Paranoids, Beast's Castle).

Finally it will come down to whether or not Nomura and his team are that interested in having Halloween Town and especially Kingdom of Corona return for future games cause it all comes down to:
  • Which specific Disney worlds they want to reuse again for that specific KH game.
  • The Story the world can offer and for Sora's growth/character development
  • Variety
Not to mention I haven't seen Halloween Town be used in any other KH games since KH2 and 358/2 Days respectively.

I'd say from the worlds that are likely to return to KHIV they are:
  • Agrabah
  • 100 Acre Wood
  • Toy Box
  • Arendelle

Thank you for the response.

Honestly only brought up Halloween Town because it does fit the variety point for the worlds, as there aren't many other places that look and feel like it. How it would fit in the story I don't know, and it probably wouldn't fit very well plot wise either unless they suddenly make Sally one of the new princesses of heart which I sincerely doubt. The Oogie returning thing wouldn't bother me much at all as Ursula, Maleficent, Ansem seeker of Darkness, Xemnas, Marluxia, Laxrene, etc. all received what looked like the "Final Death Scene" treatment, yet every single one them keep coming back with little to sometimes no explanation at all and just have to simply roll with it. Again as I pointed out, Kingdom Hearts has become the new Dragon Ball with them bringing back Frieza from the dead for like the fourth time now. If Halloween Town never shows up again I am alright with that too as it did get a satisfying conclusion in KH2. I also felt Hundred Acre Wood got a great send off in KH2..yet, it still came back for KH3 so again who knows what Nomura or the current executives at Disney is thinking when deciding these matters.

If I had to choose which one of the two is more deserving of a return in KH4 between Halloween Town and Corona, I feel Corona is more deserving of a return as I believe it has more to offer from a story perspective, level design, gameplay options including finally having tournaments back if they decide to adapt it, connections with Rapunzel (though admittedly vague, at least something was there unlike with either Elsa or Anna in Arendelle), etc. Another thing about Corona is that it DOESN'T have to follow the Tangled series, just give it an original storyline that connects with the princess of heart plot. Perhaps both Sora and Rapunzel can learn something new about each other and themselves, thus further growing as characters.

I am with you there, no more verbatim retellings of the Disney Worlds. I too pray that if not every single world, at least most of them will play out like how Beast's Castle and Space Paranoids did in KH2, and how ALL the Disney worlds did in KH1. Just altered retellings of the movies with SDG being more involved and have more INFLUENCE in the events that play out in those worlds. Not to mention having it all mean something to the overall story of KH4. I think this is a point all of us are unified in an agreement with.

Onto my final point, I also wholeheartedly agree with you that the most likely ones to return to KH4 are Agrabah, Arendelle, Hundred Acre Wood, and Toy Box. Out of the big four, Agrabah is the one I care the most about returning since it was neglected in KH3. I need my Aladdin/Sora closure damn it. I also need my Jafar Cobra battle. Maybe even have Riku come with SDG to meet Aladdin to show that Sora has finally found his missing friend as well as maybe add a scene of Riku regretting his actions in KH1 and have a moment with Jasmine about it. As for the other three, I am hoping Arendelle, Toy Box, and Hundred Acre Wood will all pleasantly surprise me and be vastly improved over what they were in KH3 like how Port Royal improved a ton from it's KH2 version.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
There is lore reasons why many of these villains have come back. The Organization is back via being recompleted, (all of them conveniently) time travel and replica reanimation. They also expand beyond a single world and are given different goals or methods and aren't stuck doing what they always do. Well most of them. Even Maleficent now has a lore reason on why she's back...a crazy one but it's there. Really only Ursula's return was just 'I'm back for no reason' and it's often looked at as the worst one.

Villains like Jafar and Oogie Boogie have run their course. Especially in case of Jafar, how many times has he tried to take over Agrabah with the same plot of becoming a Genie? KH2 killed him off I hope it sticks, though I can understand fans of Aladdin wanting to fight him in updated graphics. Even though I don't like King of Thieves movie much I'm totally down for Agrabah returning one final time even if they adapt that movie. The turtle island would make for a beautiful world to play in and we get a new villain. He's not memorable but it would be something different for Agrabah and I'm all for it, what's his name again? All I remember from him is he had claws and a 'in or out' song. Plus I feel we should see Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding before they retire that world. I do wonder how they'd make 40 thieves sound even remotely scary since Sora has fought 13 Xehanort vessels and over a 1000 Heartless lol.

Edit: If they bring back Tangled's world they are changing her kingdoms name. No way the mouse will allow that name to remain.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
There is lore reasons why many of these villains have come back. The Organization is back via being recompleted, (all of them conveniently) time travel and replica reanimation. They also expand beyond a single world and are given different goals or methods and aren't stuck doing what they always do. Well most of them. Even Maleficent now has a lore reason on why she's back...a crazy one but it's there. Really only Ursula's return was just 'I'm back for no reason' and it's often looked at as the worst one.

Villains like Jafar and Oogie Boogie have run their course. Especially in case of Jafar, how many times has he tried to take over Agrabah with the same plot of becoming a Genie? KH2 killed him off I hope it sticks, though I can understand fans of Aladdin wanting to fight him in updated graphics. Even though I don't like King of Thieves movie much I'm totally down for Agrabah returning one final time even if they adapt that movie. The turtle island would make for a beautiful world to play in and we get a new villain. He's not memorable but it would be something different for Agrabah and I'm all for it, what's his name again? All I remember from him is he had claws and a 'in or out' song. Plus I feel we should see Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding before they retire that world. I do wonder how they'd make 40 thieves sound even remotely scary since Sora has fought 13 Xehanort vessels and over a 1000 Heartless lol.

Edit: If they bring back Tangled's world they are changing her kingdoms name. No way the mouse will allow that name to remain.

That is one thing I thought about, the name for Tangled's world. Makes you wonder what they are going to do with Corona beer too.

Oogie I can see where you and others are coming from, enough with him already. As a boss battle he doesn't offer much else besides creating new machines/traps. By himself he is just a bag of bugs who really should be beaten by Sora after one swipe from the keyblade, cutting into the burlap covered villain like butter.

Jafar on the other hand I feel deserves one more round. Just ONE MORE round. Fight him in cobra form and maybe in genie form too. He is suppose to be one of the most powerful Disney villains to face in any of the games, at least make the genie form highly challenging to defeat this time around. Really the more I think about it, Jafar does have more of a chance returning thanks to either Maleficent and Pete's intervention or one of the Foretellers teams up with Jafar to destroy Aladdin and SDG more so than some villain who appeared in a lesser known sequel (Saluk). If I had it my way I would battle them both in a fun boss fight inside and on top of the Turtle Island (The Vanishing Isle).

Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding can be still be apart of the plot without needing the 40 Thieves in the mix, a role that can easily be filled by the heartless like they substituted for Shan Yu's forces in Land of the Dragons. Though it would be nice to have the
Vanishing Isle, and maybe Cave of Wonders too both in the game in full on HD unreal engine glory. If this were KH5 or KH6 I would agree that ok enough of Jafar, Aladdin, and all of the Agrabah stuff in general, but since it was missing in KH3 I feel it deserves one more shot before exiting the series forever. The last we will ever see of it again.

Now onto the New Disney Worlds list...

Kingdom Hearts 4 :

1. Princess and the Frog - (This is one I am sure needs no introduction and quite possibly one of the top requested Disney worlds period. I kept hearing rumors that originally both this and Agrabah were due to make appearances in KH3 though unfortunately never saw the light of day. Having a few more 2D animated classic worlds is something I felt KH3 desperately needed and could have given KH3 more replay value too. The setting of vintage New Orleans and the Bayou would be nice places to explore. Of course not to mention facing off against Dr. Facilier with the awesome voice of Keith David added to it. Tiana is ripe for the role as one of the new princesses of heart. She could be a party member both in human and frog forms too. Louis can be a summon.)

2. The Incredibles - (The superhero world. The Incredibles has much to offer in terms of the setting, the memorable, interesting characters etc. Both Bob and Helen Parr are the two party members you team-up with. Can battle Syndrome in a boss battle and maybe a Foreteller in this world too. SDG learn more about being true heroes in this world similar to how it was with Olympus. Originally I wished for Gargoyles to be in a KH game since the first, but as time goes on Gargoyles apparently is becoming more of a relic of the 90s that not many people remember or know about anymore. Incredibles has the advantage of both being made by Pixar and being a more recent, popular series that is easier to market to general audiences. Though it would make a some sense budget wise to have Gargoyles as Keith David also provides his epic voice for Goliath. Can imagine battling Xanatos, Demona, Macbeth, and Oberon in some outstanding boss battles. If it were up to me I would have both Incredibles and Gargoyles in, but they are both too similar in world design with cities and plot wise with saving people and all. The Incredibles edge out the win, and I can see being both the "hero world" and "city world" SDG (maybe also Riku or Kiari) travel to in KHIV.

3. Moana - (Have another confession to make, I have never viewed this film yet. Someday I might as it does look ripe for a Kingdom Hearts world. I have only herd good things about this movie. I heard about and seen images of the villain in this movie, would make for a great boss battle. Moana could obviously be another Princess of Heart. This will also be the "ocean/sea" level of the game, perhaps being better than both Atlantica and Port Royal combined.)

4. Brave - (IF Corona does not return, this will be the "forest/medieval" world. Can also be the "tournament world" that replaces Olympus as well. Merida is another brand new Princess of Heart. Originally I would sooner have Robin Hood or Sword in the Stone take it's place, but knowing the current Disney product they want to push as much of the current movies as much as they can even if doesn't always make sense from a story standpoint. Personally I think we could use some more classic Disney, but I guess Brave could work as one of the earlier levels. The boss fight against the evil bear would be anti-climatic if this was one of the later levels.)

5. Wreck-It Ralph - ("The virtual world" like Tron. Can throw some minigames in there including a racing game. Boss battle against King Candy would be awesome. Not much else to add besides knowing it has the potential to be an enjoyable world if done right.)

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Thank you for the response.

Honestly only brought up Halloween Town because it does fit the variety point for the worlds, as there aren't many other places that look and feel like it. How it would fit in the story I don't know, and it probably wouldn't fit very well plot wise either unless they suddenly make Sally one of the new princesses of heart which I sincerely doubt. The Oogie returning thing wouldn't bother me much at all as Ursula, Maleficent, Ansem seeker of Darkness, Xemnas, Marluxia, Laxrene, etc. all received what looked like the "Final Death Scene" treatment, yet every single one them keep coming back with little to sometimes no explanation at all and just have to simply roll with it. Again as I pointed out, Kingdom Hearts has become the new Dragon Ball with them bringing back Frieza from the dead for like the fourth time now. If Halloween Town never shows up again I am alright with that too as it did get a satisfying conclusion in KH2. I also felt Hundred Acre Wood got a great send off in KH2..yet, it still came back for KH3 so again who knows what Nomura or the current executives at Disney is thinking when deciding these matters.
Tbh, I Initially didn't think we were coming back to Olympus/Olympus Coliseum for KH3 cause I thought KH2's story of the world got a great sendoff as Sora, Donald and Goofy have now become "Real Heroes" from the constellations, but the reason that Olympus returned to KH3 was because it tied to what happened to Sora back in Dream Drop Distance when he lost most of his powers from Xehanort during his Mark of Mastery Exam so Sora, Donald and Goofy visit Olympus to get advice from Hercules on how to regain his lost powers, plus Nomura revealed in the Ultimania said he felt that Olympus was the perfect world for the "hero's journey" to regain his lost strength.

100 Acre Wood's return to KH3 probably has to do with beside the fact being a relaxing world from the Heartless fighting, it also was tied in to what happened to Sora in DDD, cause Xehanort interfering with Sora's Mark of Mastery caused him to not lose only his powers but also the connections he has with others including Winnie the Pooh. And while to some may not like 100 Acre Wood's story in KH3 it does provide some hints for Sora's Power of Waking especially when Merlin said "Whatever's Lost can be found again", also Sora not on the cover of the book forshadows his fate at the end of the game when he abused the power of waking to revive Kairi.

As for Halloween Town not appearing in KH3, while it's environment is different than the other Disney worlds in the KH series I have a hunch that Monstropolis took it's place, because although the different environments with one being gothic, dark and spooky and the other being colorful and factory-based they are both Monster themed levels so they had to choose one over the other which is why Monstropolis took Halloween Town's place.

If I had to choose which one of the two is more deserving of a return in KH4 between Halloween Town and Corona, I feel Corona is more deserving of a return as I believe it has more to offer from a story perspective, level design, gameplay options including finally having tournaments back if they decide to adapt it, connections with Rapunzel (though admittedly vague, at least something was there unlike with either Elsa or Anna in Arendelle), etc. Another thing about Corona is that it DOESN'T have to follow the Tangled series, just give it an original storyline that connects with the princess of heart plot. Perhaps both Sora and Rapunzel can learn something new about each other and themselves, thus further growing as characters.
I actually wouldn't mind an original story that is unrelated to the television series, much like how they did with the story of the Big Hero 6 world in KH3 as it was unrelated to the television series, despite the fact that both the show and KH3's story of the world were set after the events of the movie but they were set in two different continuities respectively.

I also think if they plan to utilize elements of the show their needs to be a way to have the original characters introduced in the show (Cassandra, Varian, etc..) in the style as the movie (as seen with the Tangled characters in KH3) or simply change the world's visual style to the style as the show. Plus, they have to speak with the showrunners (Chris Sonnenburg) of the show themselves if I'm being honest, because Bob Schooley (who is one of the co-creators for Big Hero 6: The Series) told certain users on Twitter that both him and Mark weren't involved in the development process for the story of the Big Hero 6 world for Kingdom Hearts III.

Even the Season 2 finale of the show,had Hiro and the gang graduating from SFIT, which complicates KH3's story of San Fransokyo. Not to mention that if they do the storyline of the original body of Baymax (Tadashi's Baymax) brought back from the Portal from the TV series, it's going to be a much different take compared to the story of the Big Hero 6 world we got in KH3, so don't expect Sora, Donald, Goofy and especially Dark Riku and the Heartless involved in Big Hero 6 TV series.

Onto my final point, I also wholeheartedly agree with you that the most likely ones to return to KH4 are Agrabah, Arendelle, Hundred Acre Wood, and Toy Box. Out of the big four, Agrabah is the one I care the most about returning since it was neglected in KH3. I need my Aladdin/Sora closure damn it. I also need my Jafar Cobra battle. Maybe even have Riku come with SDG to meet Aladdin to show that Sora has finally found his missing friend as well as maybe add a scene of Riku regretting his actions in KH1 and have a moment with Jasmine about it. As for the other three, I am hoping Arendelle, Toy Box, and Hundred Acre Wood will all pleasantly surprise me and be vastly improved over what they were in KH3 like how Port Royal improved a ton from it's KH2 version.
I imagine that with Agrabah it will be a loose retelling of the Third Aladdin movie, as for Arendelle, Toy Box and 100 Acre Wood pretty sure they will be vastly improved with the former not having too many guidelines from Disney and the latter having more rooms to explore, as the possible reason for why Rabbit's Garden being explorable had to do with Nomura and his team having the KH3 world's be different in terms of variety and environment as 100 Acre Wood has forests which would've been similar to Kingdom of Corona's forest areas.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Yeah, Oogie has run his course in the KH series and frankly I just don't think that reviving him will justify for Halloween Town's return in the next KH game. Besides it would feel tedious reviving him not to mention Oogie sassing Maleficent away because she was "cramping his style" in KH2.

Even the same can be said with Hades running his course in Olympus/Olympus Coliseum. I know Nomura likes the character as revealed in the Ultimania, but after the destruction of the Titans in KH3 I just feel it would be redundant having Hades coming up with a new plan to destroy Hercules or takeover Olympus after he keeps foiled again and again, so I doubt Olympus is coming back for the next KH games.

Also the Aladdin 3 movie villain is name Sa'Luk.
Oogie I can see where you and others are coming from, enough with him already. As a boss battle he doesn't offer much else besides creating new machines/traps. By himself he is just a bag of bugs who really should be beaten by Sora after one swipe from the keyblade, cutting into the burlap covered villain like butter.

2. The Incredibles - (The superhero world. The Incredibles has much to offer in terms of the setting, the memorable, interesting characters etc. Both Bob and Helen Parr are the two party members you team-up with. Can battle Syndrome in a boss battle and maybe a Foreteller in this world too. SDG learn more about being true heroes in this world similar to how it was with Olympus. Originally I wished for Gargoyles to be in a KH game since the first, but as time goes on Gargoyles apparently is becoming more of a relic of the 90s that not many people remember or know about anymore. Incredibles has the advantage of both being made by Pixar and being a more recent, popular series that is easier to market to general audiences.

5. Wreck-It Ralph - ("The virtual world" like Tron. Can throw some minigames in there including a racing game. Boss battle against King Candy would be awesome. Not much else to add besides knowing it has the potential to be an enjoyable world if done right.)
Even the same can be said on wanting to Fight CLU and especially Randall, in fact I wanted to lay a keyblade on him, but Pixar was just to restrictive with Monstropolis which doesn't surprise me cause Nomura did mentioned in the Ultimania and in other interviews that it was the Pixar world with the most guidelines compared to Toy Box.

Speaking of Pixar, I wouldn't expect the Incredibles world to follow the plot of the first film, because Pixar had requested for Nomura and his team to have the worlds based on their movies to follow an original storyline that is exclusive to Kingdom Hearts instead of retelling the events of the movie as seen with the Toy Story world being an interquel to Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3 and the Monster's Inc. world set after the events of the first film in Kingdom Hearts III.

And the reason the Pixar worlds have original stories and not a retelling of their films compared to the other Disney worlds is because:
  • Pixar doesn't want to create an alternate version of the film, because if they retell the movies' events it would take away the morals and heart what made the original movies special.
  • They want the personalities of the characters to remain the same as in their respective films
  • It will allow Sora and Company to become part of the Pixar films world and be involved in the setting
  • Have the Pixar characters become part of the KH adventure
  • Protect the "canon" of each film without alternating important story events.
When Nomura was pitching the story for the Toy Story world to Pixar (I heard he wanted for the plot to be a retelling of the 1st or 2nd film) they told him to create something original unrelated to their films which Nomura went back to the drawing board again and after months and years of pitching the new story back to Pixar they approved Nomura's new story:
[Pixar] preferred for us to not follow the film directly, Nomura explained. They said, Please create something original to Kingdom Hearts, so we did not draw any inspiration from the films. It is completely original and exclusive to Kingdom Hearts, so you can almost say it’s a sequel of some sort.

I also think if we get worlds based on the other Pixar films like Brave, Onward, Coco and Soul as worlds in a future game it's likely they would be an original storyline and not a retelling of the movie, with the latter two worlds being a prequel set before their respective films while the former two will be sequel storylines. For the Incredibles world, I imagine the KH story of Incredibles it's likely it would take place after the events of the 2nd film with the Supers now being legalized again.

For Ralph I agree it makes me more curious and raises more questions about what becomes of the Wreck-It Ralph world following it's story's conclusion in Union χ and whether it would retell the events of the movie once again for the next KH game (DDD V.2 or KHIV)?

As @Sign told @Face My Fears, The Wreck-It Ralph world (Game Central Station) is not linked to the future or is some data world projection from the past or future from the Book of Prophecies, as the story events of the world are currently happening right now in Union χ according to Brain himself when he linked GCS to the data Daybreak Town.

I could see it be reminiscent to the Tron worlds (Space Paranoids/The Grid) in previous KH games where at some unknown point in time before the story events of Union χ Game Central Station (including Niceland, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush and the inhabitants of those games) could've been copied into data and is put in either the Hollow Bastion computer in Radiant Garden or somewhere in Twilight Town (Old Mansion, Taito Arcade Building, etc.) so that Sora or anyone can visit Game Central Station and the games GCS is connected to. The idea is far-fetched, and I highly doubt it's ever going to happen when compared to Space Paranoids/The Grid, but it's something that is worth considering. I honestly can envision the Wreck-It Ralph world to appear for the next KH game (DDD 2) or KHIV, if you ask me so I can see Sora, Riku and Kairi interacting with the cast, especially Ralph and Vanellope, along with having a Boss fight against King Candy.

I'm still salty that Wreck-It Ralph wasn't a world in KH3, because I feel that Dark Riku would've worked better as the antagonist for Wreck-It Ralph than Big Hero 6 especially his mentioning of "Heart out of Data" which I'm going to be honest I don't even recall the Big Hero 6 movie talk about "Data" when compared to the Tron films (original and Legacy) and Wreck-It Ralph which seems to have more mentioning of Data than that film.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
And the funny thing is Ursula came back with no reason given TWICE. lol

I don't think Ursula, Oogie or Jafar need to return for a world visit to Atlantica, Halloween Town or Agrabah to work. They can use an original character or Heartless to fill the void if they had to (Aladdin also has a TV series full of villains). I just want Jafar to return so he can get a proper boss fight already. At least Oogie's boss fights were fun... Ursula I can go either way on. I love the character and yet I know she's been done to death. Still, I would love a proper imitation of her climactic scene with PS4/5-level graphics: all the boats swirling around a whirlpool, giant tentacles splashing all around, Sora being able to use flowmotion to bounce up to her head, etc. And, tbh, she only had glorified "battles" in 2 and 3D, not full-on fights like in the first game. I'd love her to get revamped the same way the Rock Titan did in 3.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
And the funny thing is Ursula came back with no reason given TWICE. lol

I don't think Ursula, Oogie or Jafar need to return for a world visit to Atlantica, Halloween Town or Agrabah to work. They can use an original character or Heartless to fill the void if they had to (Aladdin also has a TV series full of villains). I just want Jafar to return so he can get a proper boss fight already. At least Oogie's boss fights were fun... Ursula I can go either way on. I love the character and yet I know she's been done to death. Still, I would love a proper imitation of her climactic scene with PS4/5-level graphics: all the boats swirling around a whirlpool, giant tentacles splashing all around, Sora being able to use flowmotion to bounce up to her head, etc. And, tbh, she only had glorified "battles" in 2 and 3D, not full-on fights like in the first game. I'd love her to get revamped the same way the Rock Titan did in 3.
Quick question, was the Ursula in DDD real? I mean it's just so weird she shows up around Destiny Islands waters like that. I almost thought it was a fake. Was that the real Ursula? And was Xehanort the one that told her to go there?

Back