• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
An original story would be fine. Half the movies they adapt for the first time won't be done well anyway because they'll badly re-create the film story, so I doubt an original plot will harm anything. All that matters is if the film is popular or not.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*sigh* If only Disney would allow their worlds to interact with each other. Imagine a scenario where we visit Halloween Town using the doors in Monsters Inc. and having Mike and Sully interacting with Jack.

Heck, imagine using the doors at all.
A little miffed they weren't used further than Vanitas scaring kids to restore himself. The Monsters Inc. world could have really used the variety.

disney233

Awards
*sigh* If only Disney would allow their worlds to interact with each other. Imagine a scenario where we visit Halloween Town using the doors in Monsters Inc. and having Mike and Sully interacting with Jack.

Heck, imagine using the doors at all.
A little miffed they weren't used further than Vanitas scaring kids to restore himself. The Monsters Inc. world could have really used the variety.
The Monsters Inc. World did have allot of potential in branching out all the worlds together. The doors in Monsters Inc. Could easily be led to many different worlds around the KH universe if possible maybe even the multiverse. The doors could literally be put into a wider perspective of things, like the door to darkness, or the birth of the final door. There're many ways to tie Monsters Inc. Into the plot..........BUT IT'S ALMOST AS IF A CONCEPT LIKE THAT WASN'T EVEN CONSIDERED! That's the problem with BBH, DDD, COM, Days, & 3 worlds. (A few worlds in 2, definitely.) The idea of the Disney worlds and characters interacting with each other dwindled and dwindled within each game until it's finally reached a point where the Disney worlds don't matter at all. Even the NEW Princesses of Heart weren't even brought up again after Arendelle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
i recall there was a cancelled sequel in which Jack visits St. Patrick's Day. perhaps they can come up with an original plot revolving visiting the other holiday towns.
Is that true? The fact that it was St. Patrick Day of all holidays is hilarious.

I see no problem with an Original story for Halloween Town. The did an original toy store for Toy Box meaning they can do the same for any holiday door

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I like the world, but it's....practically done. And yes I can't doubt ANOTHER revival of Oogie for some Oogie's Revenge story (that should've been done in 2), it still seems VERY unlikely. Just like the movie itself, there isn't really much left fo work with for that world. I mean, Jack as a summon is the closest thing I can think of...and it would be wicked as hell. Just like most worlds, Halloween Town told as much story as they can work with. There isn't really much left to work with.

I absolutely agree with Disney233, frankly, there isn't much that can be done with Halloween Town as a world, given that we already explored MOST of the locations from the film and experienced the story (even though the stories were largely original and unrelated to the movie).

Aside from seeing how the world would look like In Unreal Engine 4 why return back to the world if the story ended nicely back in Kingdom Hearts II? Besides I feel just reviving Oogie once again would feel relatively tedious and secondly we don't go to the other Holiday world doors besides Christmas Town which is apparently noticeable in Oogie's Revenge where you don't visit the towns themselves and most of the rulers from their respective towns are stuffed inside the sacks but we don't see them.

I think the only way I can see Jack Skellington is as a Summon which is the closest we'll ever get to see NBC in KH.

I'd say from all the Disney worlds we've gotten to explore in the series, the ONLY ones I see are completely done in terms of story and are unlikely to come back in future KH installments are:
  • Wonderland (Alice in Wonderland)
  • Deep Jungle (Tarzan) - Disney lost the rights to use Tarzan
  • Olympus/Olympus Coliseum (Hercules) - After KH3's story for the world I say we're completely done with the story of Hercules. I just don't what else they can do storywise, aside from the Tournaments, cause the Titans are officially destroyed and Hades coming up with a plan to take over Olympus and destroy Hercules is becoming tedious.
    Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas) - As said above.
  • Atlantica (Little Mermaid)
  • Beast's Castle (Beauty and the Beast) - Beast turns into a Human, nuff said.
  • The Land of Dragons (Mulan) - I don't want to see them adapt the sequel just to see Mushu act as a malicious prick.
  • Timeless River
  • Space Paranoids (Tron) - Tron assumed the functions of the MCP
  • Castle of Dreams (Cinderella) - Finished the story back in BBS
  • Dwarf Woodlands (Snow White) - Same as Cinderella
  • Enchanted Dominion (Sleeping Beauty) - Same as Cinderella and Snow White
  • La Cité des Cloches (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
  • The Grid (Tron: Legacy)
  • Country of the Musketeers (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers)
  • Prankster's Paradise (Pinocchio)
  • Kingdom of Corona (Tangled) - While we do have the television series that is set after the film, it's going to be difficult just creating the original characters introduced from the show in the same style as the original film, plus the show was done at Disney Television Animation instead of Walt Disney Animation Studios
  • Monstropolis (Monster's Inc.)
  • San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6) - Same as Tangled
As for the Disney worlds, I expect to see return and those that could go either way:

Expected:
  • Agrabah (Aladdin) - While the world has been overused a lot, There is still the plot of Aladdin and the King of Thieves that they need to go over
  • 100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh) - Despite the divisiveness that this world had with MOST KH fans and the negativity that KH3's version of the world haI, I say it's one of the worlds I expect to see come back.
  • Arendelle (Frozen) - Plot of Frozen II
  • Toy Box (Toy Story)
Going either way:
  • Neverland (Peter Pan)
  • Pride Lands (The Lion King) - Not against the world but frankly I rather would like to just explore a different animal-based Disney world (e.g. Jungle Book, Bambi, Dumbo, Zootopia)
  • The Caribbean (Pirates of the Caribbean) - While many think the world is done, I'd be surprised if the world comes back and adapts the events of the 5th film. Plus time flows differently in the Disney worlds so we shall see.
  • Deep Space/Hawaii (Lilo & Stitch) - I said this before in past posts, but I doubt the movie is 100% done, sure it only covered the events of Stitch escaping the Galactic Federation in BBS, but I don't think the events of the Lilo & Stitch movie and franchise happened sometime between BBS and the original KH game perhaps Stitch could've crashed into Radiant Garden or some other original world where he learned about Ohana, Friendship, and the difference of right and wrong. I still would like to see Stitch and his homeworld appear in a future KH game along with collecting the different experiments across the worlds and the first official appearance of Agent Pleakely, plus it could tie in with Stitch's connections with Terra, Aqua and Ventus. On top of that, outside of gameplay and Jiminy's Journal, Stitch has never been referred to as "Stitch" or hinted to have ever visited Lilo's world prior to KH2. So all of that can easily be retconned as it's not really a part of the story along with the fact time flows differently in the Disney worlds, plus none of the characters that reside in Radiant Garden (mainly Leon) never call him Stitch.
  • Symphony of Sorcery (Fantasia) - There is still stuff that they can use for the world, I especially would like to see them use elements of Fantasia 2000, it just comes down to where it fits in the game as a game.

Elysium

Awards
Safe to say I disagree with most of that list. The only worlds I feel confident will never return are Country of the Musketeers, The Grid, and likely the Hunchback world and those three princess worlds from BbS. I'd throw Tarzan in this group, too, but it's possible Disney might get a hold of the license again in the future if / when they decide to make a live-action remake of the film.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Safe to say I disagree with most of that list. The only worlds I feel confident will never return are Country of the Musketeers, The Grid, and likely the Hunchback world and those three princess worlds from BbS. I'd throw Tarzan in this group, too, but it's possible Disney might get a hold of the license again in the future if / when they decide to make a live-action remake of the film.
Safe to say I have to disagree with you on your comment cause tbh, I don't agree that EVERY Disney world that have appeared in the KH games previously such as Halloween Town, The Land of Dragons, Beast's Castle, Olympus, etc. need to return in the next KH game(s) just because of an original story or how it will look like in the Unreal Engine 4, mainly the former three. Cause again it goes back to whether or not there is anything that they can do with the world in terms of story/gameplay or whether or not it fits in the next game.

As far goes as Nightmare Before Christmas, earlier this year there is a possibility of Disney doing a remake/sequel to this film but it hasn't been greenlighted yet and nothing has been set in stone.

Elysium

Awards
We don't "need" to visit any world. It's about what what worlds they think the buying audience would enjoy playing and inspire them to buy the game more than anything else, and that means popular and lucrative properties will never be off the table.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Not to change the subject, but I was thinking about the 100 Acre Wood and was curious if there could ever be a proper Disney world to potentially replace it for the future? You know, like a world that doesn't have Heartless and we just play silly minigames. Hopefully good minigames. This is assuming 100 Acre Wood doesn't return. What do you guys think could replace it?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Not to change the subject, but I was thinking about the 100 Acre Wood and was curious if there could ever be a proper Disney world to potentially replace it for the future? You know, like a world that doesn't have Heartless and we just play silly minigames. Hopefully good minigames. This is assuming 100 Acre Wood doesn't return. What do you guys think could replace it?
Mary Poppins

disney233

Awards
Another that seems pretty doubtful of returning is Beast's Castle. Like Birds said, Beast became human and ended the story there. Like Halloween Town, I'm...not as sure what more could be explored with Beast's story. If KH2 wasn't enough, Chi ended its story...again. But ye most of the list still have posibilities. (Like it or not) I kinda can see Atlantica coming back, but odds are a MAJOR time-leap's needed for Atlantica & Caribbean specifically.

Elysium

Awards
No, I don't think Beast's Castle is impossible to return. Maleficent or some rando original character could curse him again, and then we could finally get a Gaston boss battle. It's not as impossible as it sounds when you consider how they sliced and diced Hercules' plot in 1 and 2, and still found a way to re-enact the original film plot in KH3 regardless. There's a great deal from the movie we've never seen in the games. And I'm almost salivating thinking of a KH3-sized world for the castle and the village.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wonder how Disney worlds are going to operate in the post KH3 world. No more Xehanort and Organization minus Xigbar. Who's going to appear in the Disney worlds and taunt Sora and friends with them no longer around, the Foretellers?

On a unrelated topic of that, one world I wouldn't mind returning for KH4 now that I got a good break from it in KH3 and that would be Agrabah. I know, I know. It's overused. But I consider Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie to be as close to Sora as Hercules, Phil, and Megara. So why not go back one last time for their wedding...assuming they aren't married. The only downside is I'm not a fan of "Aladdin and the King of Thieves" movie or storyline. I almost hope they can come up with a original plot for Agrabah should we ever return to it.

horto12485

Awards
Hmm here's what Worlds i would like to see for the Next Saga... (Rule: No Star Wars, No Marvel, No Disney TV Worlds)

New Worlds...

Disney Animation Studios

Kumandra (Raya and the Last Dragon)
Game Central (Wreck-it Ralph)
Motunui (Moana)
City of Zootopia (Zootopia)
Todayland (Meet the Robinsons)
Dino Island (Dinosaur)
The Forest of the Great Prince (Bambi)
Nottingham Kingdom (Robin Hood)
Prydain (The Black Cauldron)
Fields of Bravery (The Sword in the Stone)
Mystic Woods (Pocahontas)
Kuzco's Empire (The Emperor's New Groove)
City of Atlantis (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
Legacy to Galaxy (Treasure Planet)
Swamp of Frogs (The Princess and the Frog)

Pixar Animation Studios

Ant Island (A Bug's Life)
Desolated Zone (Wall-E)
City of Supers (Incredibles)
Land of the Dead/Santa Cecilia (Coco)
Dunbroch (Brave)
The Land of Magic (Onward)

Returning Worlds

Toy Box (Toy Story 3 or 4)
Agrabah (Aladdin and the King of Thieves)
Pride Lands (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)
Arendelle (Frozen 2) (In a Better Way)
Lilo and Stitch World set in Hawaii

Original Worlds

Destiny Islands
Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Keyblade Graveyard/Scala Ad Caleum (Daybreak Town)
Disney Castle/Town
Land of Departure
Traverse Town

Again these are just my Predictions for the next Saga and the Future of the Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
We don't "need" to visit any world. It's about what worlds they think the buying audience would enjoy playing and inspire them to buy the game more than anything else, and that means popular and lucrative properties will never be off the table.
Again Tartarus you continue to miss the big picture, there are a couple of other Disney animated films (aside from the more relevant films and the upcoming films in the near future (e.g. ) that haven't become worlds that they can utilize in future KH games along with some of the Pixar films now that they join the franchise since KH3.

Going back to my previous post before you refuted it, there is no way that Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas), The Land of Dragons (Mulan), Beast's Castle (Beauty and the Beast), Olympus (Hercules), just to name a few need to return in the next KH game(s) just for the sake of an original story, the popularity that the film has, or how it will look like in the Unreal Engine 4 (which is OBVIOUSLY the main reason why many want Halloween Town to return). Cause again it goes back to whether or not there is anything that they can do with the world in terms of story/gameplay or whether or not it will be in the next beyond the Xehanort Saga and that is the decision by Nomura, the Development team and to an extent Disney.

As far goes as worlds I see returning one last time it's probably Agrabah (Aladdin) and I expect that Arendelle (Frozen), Toy Box (Toy Story) and 100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh) to be in KHIV.

You can continue "till the cows come home" and refuting your claims but honestly, I already made my point and I'm not benefitting from the conversation I'm having with you Tartarus.

No, I don't think Beast's Castle is impossible to return. Maleficent or some rando original character could curse him again, and then we could finally get a Gaston boss battle. It's not as impossible as it sounds when you consider how they sliced and diced Hercules' plot in 1 and 2, and still found a way to re-enact the original film plot in KH3 regardless.
Did you not see the end credits for KH2? The Beast's fight against Gaston had already happened off-screen when Sora and the gang left the world and the Beast became Human again suggesting that the spell was broken so no I don't think we will be coming back to Beast's Castle again beyond the Xehanort Saga.

Hercules is a different story, because just to clarify to most of you the story did not take place after the movie's events, and going by the story from BBS and the numbered titles (I-III), BBS and to a degree the first KH game was loosely based on the film's first act when Hercules is training with Phil, Kingdom Hearts II was based on the films 2nd act (Megara, the Hydra) with elements of the third act (Hercules losing his powers, Herc saving Megara from the Styx and gaining his powers back), Kingdom Hearts IIIIwas based on the film's third act when Hades releases the Titans to attack Olympus, just minus Meg dying. Even Hades said he put 18 years into the plan to release the Titans from their prison.

The only likely chance of seeing Beast's Castle again is if Kingdom Hearts: Union X is remade in Unreal Engine 4 for PS4/PS5 which I think it's the closest we'll ever get to a proper Beauty and the Beast world in KH.

Another that seems pretty doubtful of returning is Beast's Castle. Like Birds said, Beast became human and ended the story there. Like Halloween Town, I'm...not as sure what more could be explored with Beast's story. If KH2 wasn't enough, Chi ended its story...again. But ye most of the list still have posibilities. (Like it or not) I kinda can see Atlantica coming back, but odds are a MAJOR time-leap's needed for Atlantica & Caribbean specifically.
Tbh, Ariel was 16 years old during the events of the first KH game, and was 17 during the events of Kingdom Hearts II, which makes it very unlikely to adapt the entire events of Return to the Sea.

Elysium

Awards
Again Tartarus you continue to miss the big picture, there are a couple of other Disney animated films (aside from the more relevant films and the upcoming films in the near future (e.g. ) that haven't become worlds that they can utilize in future KH games along with some of the Pixar films now that they join the franchise since KH3.

Going back to my previous post before you refuted it, there is no way that Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas), The Land of Dragons (Mulan), Beast's Castle (Beauty and the Beast), Olympus (Hercules), just to name a few need to return in the next KH game(s) just for the sake of an original story, the popularity that the film has, or how it will look like in the Unreal Engine 4 (which is OBVIOUSLY the main reason why many want Halloween Town to return). Cause again it goes back to whether or not there is anything that they can do with the world in terms of story/gameplay or whether or not it will be in the next beyond the Xehanort Saga and that is the decision by Nomura, the Development team and to an extent Disney.
Well, you can create a topic about what worlds "need" to come back or not, but this is the "want" thread. *shrug* I don't agree with you on worlds being off-limit because the same reasons you give could've applied to Halloween Town's and Atlantica's chance of reappearing before KH2 or Olympus before KH3. Even Beauty and the Beast's story is convoluted in the KH series in comparison to the movie.

Did you not see the end credits for KH2? The Beast's fight against Gaston had already happened off-screen when Sora and the gang left the world and the Beast became Human again suggesting that the spell was broken so no I don't think we will be coming back to Beast's Castle again beyond the Xehanort Saga.
I did see it. There's nothing about Gaston in the end credits of KH2.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well, you can create a topic about what worlds "need" to come back or not, but this is the "want" thread. *shrug* I don't agree with you on worlds being off-limit because the same reasons you give could've applied to Halloween Town's and Atlantica's chance of reappearing before KH2 or Olympus before KH3. Even Beauty and the Beast's story is convoluted in the KH series in comparison to the movie.

I did see it. There's nothing about Gaston in the end credits of KH2.
Yeah the only requirement to break the spell was for someone to love Adam which was something that could have happened with or without Gaston. And in KH2 it seemed Belle's love was strong enough even without Gaston's actions

Elysium

Awards
Yes. I think I've said elsewhere before how odd it is that the Beast isn't human a long time prior anyway, considering he and Belle are pretty clearly in a relationship even in KH1.

Back