• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Olympus Coliseum had it's chance and frankly after KH3 story I'd say they overexhausted the world to death and ended perfectly in Kingdom Hearts III, alongside the Pirates of the Caribbean world. So sorry, I don't think we will be coming back to Olympus
Everyone can have their own opinion. I don't think Olympus is done at all even if it will probably sit out the next game or two.

I hope they stay down to 2 at most for PIXAR worlds per game. I'd pick among The Incredibles, Coco, Inside Out, or Toy Story again for KH4. The afterlife part of Coco might be a way to tie into KH3's ending actually. If they have another opening like KH3's jumping right into Olympus for Sora to "re-gain his strength," I could see Sora somehow ending up in the world of the dead after working through wherever he first begins at based on the Secret Ending and trying to find his way out through his friends' memories of him the way Coco's memory of her father meant he could still exist in the afterlife.

As far as figuring out what the plot for KH4 might revolve around, I don't know much about the Foretellers or where Nomura's going with that to think of what movies would suit the storyline best anyway. I feel like Moana, WIR, and Zootopia are locks though. Vanellope's glitch and everyone in Sugar Rush's warped memories could be paralleled to Sora's consequences from the power of waking in some way maybe? Moana would be easy to shape for any storyline really.

Not sure what else--if we'll even get more than 7 worlds in KH4. :/

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Everyone can have their own opinion. I don't think Olympus is done at all even if it will probably sit out the next game or two.
But what else is their left to do for Olympus aside from just ONLY the Coliseum tournaments?!?!? We already explored most of the locations from the Hercules film, with Thebes and Mt Olympus being explorable for the first time in KH3, the Titans have been sent to oblivion by Hercules unless if by Plot convenience Hades "revives" them once again. At this point IMO, I don't think there is any ideas or story left for this world and personally having Hades "coming up with a plan" to kill Hercules or take over Olympus again would feel just too linear and repetitive right now, not to mention Phil not saying a word out of respect for the Japanese voice actor who passed away.

Same can be said on Halloween Town in previous KH installments, I think that the story for the world ended perfectly in KH2 and on top of that their isn't any ideas left as we explored most of the locations from the original movie and having Oogie Boogie being revived would feel repetitive. So personally I rather see some other Disney worlds be used in the next games rather than overexhausting Olympus to death in every game.

I'd pick among The Incredibles, Coco, Inside Out, or Toy Story again for KH4. The afterlife part of Coco might be a way to tie into KH3's ending actually. If they have another opening like KH3's jumping right into Olympus for Sora to "re-gain his strength," I could see Sora somehow ending up in the world of the dead after working through wherever he first begins at based on the Secret Ending and trying to find his way out through his friends' memories of him the way Coco's memory of her father meant he could still exist in the afterlife.

Knowing Pixar, and how the worlds of Toy Box and Monstropolis were "original" storylines set after the films and not a retelling of their movies, I expect the same thing with Coco and future Pixar based worlds. Regarding Coco, I'd say this is one of the films (alongside Zootopia) that I would like to see for the next KH game after watching those movies. I can envision the story taking place after the events of the film where Sora ending up in the land of the dead but at the same time he encounters and helps Miguel and his great-great relatives (Hector, Mother Imelda, Coco, Papa Julio, etc..) on a new threat that is threatening the spirit world and Santa Cecilia. The alebrijes could be an important story plot connection for the world cause in the original film they are meant to be spirit guides such as Dante and Pepita. What if there was an alebrije that became corrupted turns into a Heartless and actually does the opposite compared to Dante and Pepita? I could so imaging the world culminated with a Heartless boss based on the Mexican deity, Quetzalcoatl with Sora riding on Pepita in the vein of Baymax and the Magic Carpet.

I also think we could get another Pixar world such as the Incredibles as the superhero themed world as a replacement of the Big Hero 6 world, as we might not see it again in another game (but I wouldn't mind a Baymax summon). So maybe around in between 2-4 Pixar worlds if you ask me for the next KH game.

Last edited:

GrandWebster

I think there is just going to be 2-3 Pixar Properties again:

- Toy Story
- The Incredibles
- [Insert your third PIXAR world]

I don't see anymore than 3.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think after Kingdom Hearts III, Square Enix is evidently going to go with the Quality > Quantity approach when selecting Disney worlds. It's evidently worked for Kingdom Hearts III, so why should they scrap that formula and go back to having a higher quantity of Disney worlds which get bastardised?

And for those who argue that if it was to be released for next-generation systems, I would rather have that additional storage space be devoted to having two original hub worlds instead of one, or making one hub world the size of a Kingdom Hearts III Disney world.

GrandWebster

I think after Kingdom Hearts III, Square Enix is evidently going to go with the Quality > Quantity approach when selecting Disney worlds. It's evidently worked for Kingdom Hearts III, so why should they scrap that formula and go back to having a higher quantity of Disney worlds which get bastardised?

And for those who argue that if it was to be released for next-generation systems, I would rather have that additional storage space be devoted to having two original hub worlds instead of one, or making one hub world the size of a Kingdom Hearts III Disney world.
Since things happen during its Development. I still feel like they could've added like one more big world in KH3, though its hard to believe looking at small 100 acre woods story was.

So really I think adding an extra world in there Having a total of 9 worlds oppose to the 8 we got in this game.

Elysium

Awards
Do you consider the 100 Acre Wood, Keyblade Graveyard, and Twilight Town worlds "quality"??? The reaction to Corona and especially Arendelle seems mixed.

Just because I like KH3 and can overlook its flaws, don't get it twisted--there definitely should've been more worlds in that game, period, both original and Disney. You're pretending this is an either/or decision and it isn't.

Muke

whatever
Awards
While I do think there should have been more worlds in KH3, do we really want more worlds like 100 Acre Woods? I think that world just shows what happens when all you want is more worlds. They drop in quality. Tbh, personally I think they should have ditched that world and used that development time on Twilight Town and Scala ad Caelum.

Of course I want more worlds, but if the result is something akin to 100AW, no thanks.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Didnt Nomura need to cut content due to disk space? People keep saying there should have been more worlds and I dont think that was a possibility. 100 Acre woods being one room is quite telling.

Elysium

Awards
100 Acre woods being one room is quite telling.
Telling of what exactly? That the repetitive Quality > Quantity argument about KH3 was and is a bonkers deflection tactic to insulate KH3 and Nomura from all possible criticism?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Telling of what exactly? That the repetitive Quality > Quantity argument about KH3 was and is a bonkers deflection tactic to insulate KH3 and Nomura from all possible criticism?
It's telling that there couldn't be one or two additional Disney worlds. If they couldnt make 100 Acre Woods bigger how could there have been more worlds?

Last edited:

mriku90

Awards

They can do both. It's obvious that there was more then just worlds that gave the team a long process but they won't need that anymore. They can use their models again. They don't have to start from scratch.

I suspect the next game will have at least more Disney Worlds then KH3 did. I think 9-10 Disney Worlds is not out of the question.

Of course I want more worlds, but if the result is something akin to 100AW, no thanks.

100 AW is in a league of it's own as it's the only mini game world in KH that has just been consistently that. No other world has ever been that way sans Atlantica in KH2. Every other world has been the traditional style so the result will never be akin to 100 AW for a traditional Disney World in KH's future.

WaltK

Awards
My top 3 in no particular order:

-Zootopia: there’s so many different environments rolled into one with all the districts the city has, making for some great variety. Also please let it have an original story.

-Pocahontas: if only because it’s the only non-sequel renessance movie not to appear in the series yet. And I feel Pocahontas herself would be awesome as a party member (wind powers).

-Coco: the land of the dead. Who wouldn’t want to explore that? Sora would have a skeleton form, while Donald and Goofy would take on the forms of spirit guides. And it could explore concepts like how the land of the dead seems to give the heart a “second life” or something.

Honourable mentions: Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch, The Incredibles.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
My top 3 in no particular order:

-Zootopia: there’s so many different environments rolled into one with all the districts the city has, making for some great variety. Also please let it have an original story.

-Pocahontas: if only because it’s the only non-sequel renessance movie not to appear in the series yet. And I feel Pocahontas herself would be awesome as a party member (wind powers).

-Coco: the land of the dead. Who wouldn’t want to explore that? Sora would have a skeleton form, while Donald and Goofy would take on the forms of spirit guides. And it could explore concepts like how the land of the dead seems to give the heart a “second life” or something.

Honourable mentions: Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch, The Incredibles.
Coco is one of the films (alongside Zootopia) that I am looking forward to seeing appear for the next KH game after watching the film.

I can envision the story taking place after the events of the film where Sora (and perhaps Donald and Goofy) ending up in the land of the dead but at the same time he encounters and helps Miguel and his great-great relatives (Hector, Mother Imelda, Coco, Papa Julio, etc..) on a new threat that is threatening the spirit world and Santa Cecilia. The alebrijes could be an important story plot connection for the world cause in the original film they are meant to be spirit guides such as Dante and Pepita. What if there was an alebrije that became corrupted turns into a Heartless and actually does the opposite compared to Dante and Pepita? I could so imaging the world culminated with a Heartless boss based on the Mexican deity, Quetzalcoatl with Sora riding on Pepita in the vein of Baymax and the Magic Carpet.

NeoMasterZX

I see people mentioning Disney world or a park as a whole, but why not just specfic attractions? Like a Space Mountain world, or Thunder Mesa/Rainbow Ridge (Big Thunder Mountain) I feel like that'd be more appropriate given the way the parks tend to be set up. Though I would like to see Epoct's Future World as a thing. Sora and friends learning that The Dream Finder was a Keyblade master the same way Yen Sid was.

GrandWebster

It appears that maybe KH4 is going to have Disney Worlds with interesting cultures.

1920's Jazz Era/ Cajun/Voodoo, Polynesian Islands and possibly Day of the Dead.

Seeing these representation in a Big game like that could be exciting to see.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Do you consider the 100 Acre Wood, Keyblade Graveyard, and Twilight Town worlds "quality"??? The reaction to Corona and especially Arendelle seems mixed.

Just because I like KH3 and can overlook its flaws, don't get it twisted--there definitely should've been more worlds in that game, period, both original and Disney. You're pretending this is an either/or decision and it isn't.

Kingdom Hearts III went through a change of development engines, and they had to re-create all of the assets of the entire franchise from scratch. Coupled with budgeting constraints, Disney's reworked approval process, and a revised deadline for the game to be released, and you can see that there's only so much Square Enix could do.

This game has some glaring flaws, I am not questioning that. But the dislike for certain Disney worlds is definitely a personal taste situation save for Arendelle. The more universal issue was that original worlds were too compartmentalised, Twilight Town being expanded upon and having a mid-game original world to explore would have made story pacing so much better.

So yeah, I really don't need a larger volume of Disney worlds if the original worlds and the Disney get sacrificed in quality. Luckily, most of the Kingdom Hearts character and location assets have been made, so that saves so much on development time for upcoming games.

They can do both. It's obvious that there was more then just worlds that gave the team a long process but they won't need that anymore. They can use their models again. They don't have to start from scratch.

I suspect the next game will have at least more Disney Worlds then KH3 did. I think 9-10 Disney Worlds is not out of the question.

I'm not doubting that a hypothetical Kingdom Hearts IV will have more worlds than Kingdom Hearts III, but 9-10 Disney worlds? Nah. Build up the scope of the original worlds like Radiant Garden and Twilight Town or any other upcoming original world, that's a smarter use of asset management from both a practical and a narrative perspective.

mriku90

Awards
I'm not doubting that a hypothetical Kingdom Hearts IV will have more worlds than Kingdom Hearts III, but 9-10 Disney worlds? Nah. Build up the scope of the original worlds like Radiant Garden and Twilight Town or any other upcoming original world, that's a smarter use of asset management from both a practical and a narrative perspective.

But Disney is one of the main drawing points of the franchise and having more Disney Worlds then KHIII is something people would expect especially as the start of the next saga.

I also think the majority of people prefer the Disney Worlds to the Original Worlds as that's one of the main reasons why the general audience plays KH and is probably one of the main reasons we all were drawn to the series.

Elysium

Awards
This game has some glaring flaws, I am not questioning that. But the dislike for certain Disney worlds is definitely a personal taste situation save for Arendelle.
LOL! I haven't seen one person yet who hasn't hated the Winnie the Pooh world or who didn't complain about the smallness/lack of the original worlds. I definitely hope for better--more--in the next game than this. I'm sure the game could've been 2 hours long and all hallways again, and you'd make the same argument you do now anyway, so why even bother.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
My Prediction:

Returning Worlds: Arendelle, Agrabah

New Worlds: Zootopia, Moana, The Incredibles, Brave, The Princess and the Frog, Wreck-It Ralph, Star Wars

horto12485

Awards
But Disney is one of the main drawing points of the franchise and having more Disney Worlds then KHIII is something people would expect especially as the start of the next saga.

I also think the majority of people prefer the Disney Worlds to the Original Worlds as that's one of the main reasons why the general audience plays KH and is probably one of the main reasons we all were drawn to the series.

Yes i agree with you I mean we need Disney to play a Huge Part in the Next Saga (Not just the Worlds but the Characters too) and i can see 9-10 Disney Worlds for the Next Saga.

Back