• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

If you take out the two mini-game worlds and merge Disney Castle with Timeless River because c'mon let's be real, then KH2 had 9 Disney worlds as well.

KH3 just seems to be trimming some fat and getting to the juicy parts of the game that we're all interested in.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

If you take out the two mini-game worlds and merge Disney Castle with Timeless River because c'mon let's be real, then KH2 had 9 Disney worlds as well.

KH3 just seems to be trimming some fat and getting to the juicy parts of the game that we're all interested in.

I guess I do expect one of the Disney worlds for 3 to be a mini-game world again, but probably not 2. And yeah I definitely consider Disney Castle and Timeless River to be one and the same lol. But yeah, the numbers were never so drastically different for KH2 anyway.

Awards

I want an equal or at least semi-equal balance of Disney and Original Worlds.

kingsoraful

Awards

My money is still on 10 Disney worlds. 4 Original ones.

KudoTsurugi

Awards

My money is still on 10 Disney worlds. 4 Original ones.
I'm guessing the 4 original worlds would be Radiant Garden, Castle Oblivion, Destiny Islands and the Keyblade Graveyard?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Replace Destiny Islands with Cable Town and Castle Oblivion with Twilight Town, and that might very well be the original worlds list.

Chances are CO and DI will be cutscene only. Same with TWTNW.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

I guess you guys need to keep in mind with your list what worlds allow unique gameplay elements/
gimmicks like Toy Story.

Seems that's one of the basis on how Nomura chooses the Disney worlds for KH3.

Awards

Replace Destiny Islands with Cable Town and Castle Oblivion with Twilight Town, and that might very well be the original worlds list.

Chances are CO and DI will be cutscene only. Same with TWTNW.
Well, ya never know what'll happen.

I do hope CO isn't relegated to cutscene only tho.

Lonbilly

Awards

I guess you guys need to keep in mind with your list what worlds allow unique gameplay elements/
gimmicks like Toy Story.

Seems that's one of the basis on how Nomura chooses the Disney worlds for KH3.

To be fair, any Disney property that goes into KH3 has the potential to have unique gameplay shit in it - it's just a matter of if anyone in the development team comes up with an exciting enough idea that also sticks and is able to be done.

I mean, excluding Cars, because would anyone really want to play as Car Sora?

No one challenge that, actually. I'm afraid that there probably is someone who wants that.

Awards

No one challenge that, actually. I'm afraid that there probably is someone who wants that.

Ka-chow.

Does anyone think Atlantis might be too similar to Hercules? Like environment wise.

Obviously they're two very different time settings and have a very different variety of characters, but they're both greek legend, greek ruins etc.

You think that keeps it from showing up? I mean there's definitely other reasons why it wouldn't show up but do you think that also hurts its chance?

Lonbilly

Awards

I still have never fully seen all of Atlantis, but from what I remember, the environments were definitely distinct enough to where I think it could be in KH3 without feeling too similar to Olympus. But that's just my two cents.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

To be fair, any Disney property that goes into KH3 has the potential to have unique gameplay shit in it - it's just a matter of if anyone in the development team comes up with an exciting enough idea that also sticks and is able to be done.

That's true but it's just that for some Disney Properties they are just easier and pretty much in your face with potential unique gameplay gimmicks that could work for that world.

Treasure planet could have Glider mechanics/Ship battles.

Atlantis with hijackable flying fish things.

Wreck It Ralph with Racing Karts.
Ka-chow.

Does anyone think Atlantis might be too similar to Hercules? Like environment wise.

Obviously they're two very different time settings and have a very different variety of characters, but they're both greek legend, greek ruins etc.

You think that keeps it from showing up? I mean there's definitely other reasons why it wouldn't show up but do you think that also hurts its chance?
Nah if anything Atlantis seems like something that would take the place of the water themed world.

captain

Bronze Member

A recent interview with Nomura says there will be fewer worlds than KH2, but they'll be bigger. That one had 12 Disney worlds alone. Knowing this and the information that they're eyeing mostly newer properties while also mostly doing newer worlds, I started to speculate for the first time in like five years.

Hercules
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Toy Story

With 4 already confirmed, we might be looking at only 6 or so more Disney worlds.

Winnie the Pooh - Like Hercules, I expect this staple will return. In fact, it's the only returning world I'd bet on.
The Jungle Book - I feel we're all expecting this. It was considered for both KH1 and cut from BbS. The characters and story are in the public consciousness more than ever after the live action remake. With the focus on newer properties, it'd be nice to get something classic, and this is one of the last easily adaptable classic films left.
The Emperor's New Groove - This one's kind of a left field choice. I think it remains a fairly popular movie, but I'm not sure how relevant it is, especially to the Japanese audience. It definitely would provide interesting locals, and I think could stand apart from Jungle Book.
Wreck-It Ralph - Really a no-brainer. It's right in the middle of the current Disney Animation resurgence they seem to be drawing from and the meta-narrative of being a video game is too fun to pass up.
Frozen - It made a billion dollars. Apparently, Big Hero 6 was one of the very last worlds added. This was probably the newest one before that was added.

I'd imagine we can expect at least one more Pixar world.
My guess would be Monsters, Inc. or The Incredibles.

Finally, I know live action worlds are controversial. Personally, I'm not ready for Star Wars or Marvel in KH besides maybe lightsaber themed keyblades or summons featuring those characters. But worlds based on The Force Awakens or The Avengers are not impossible. There might be some extra cost in likeness rights, but I'm not sure. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? has always been a personal favorite and wouldn't even need to feature live action characters, taking place completely in ToonTown, but I think it's a long shot.
Mary Poppins - With the sequel coming, I could see Disney requesting this addition, and it would make for a unique second mini-game world, while giving us another classic.
Pirates of the Caribbean - I'm curious more than anything how much better this would look now than it did in KH2, where I was pleasantly surprised. Doing some combination of Dead Man's Chest and At World's End could be epic, and I've wanted to hit Davy Jones with a Keyblade since 2006.

palizinhas

Awards

Actually, a 100 Acre Wood is definitely a good guess. I'd forgotten about it, but it's a bit of a stable, and definitely a better minigame world choice than most.

Another minigame world choice would be Wreck-It Ralph, the movie has the building a Kart thing, there's the race, could have some shooting minigame from that other game Ralph ends up in. But I feel like that movie is too good not to be a normal world.

Last edited:

Habimaru

Long shot here, but I'd love a Muppet world for our musical/minigame needs. Just imagine a felt SDG trio opening their mouths wide and then MAH NAH MANAH!

Anyhow, a more sensible option would be to distribute the minigames between the different worlds

Don't think good old Winnie would make it back, as it would contradict the "if a world is back for KHIII it should be refreshing" moral and we've had enough of his antics.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Actually come to think of it 100 Acre woods might actually return. I remember back in 2016 that Jim Cummings hinted at voicing Tigger.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

Any ideas on what the Toy Story wold should be called? I think it was last year that I heard the suggestion "Playful Place" which I think is pretty good and what I'd go with.

As long as it's not called "Andy's Room", then I'd be good.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Any ideas on what the Toy Story wold should be called? I think it was last year that I heard the suggestion "Playful Place" which I think is pretty good and what I'd go with.

As long as it's not called "Andy's Room", then I'd be good.
Toy Shop of Infinity? Title references the fact that one of the worlds locations is a Toy store filled with space themed toys.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

Toy Shop of Infinity? Title references the fact that one of the worlds locations is a Toy store filled with space themed toys.

Galaxy toys? What's the name of the toy shop?

f'tang

Its probs gonna be called somethin like 'andy's neighborhood'.

Back