• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

I really want Atlantica to return in KH3 as a combat world.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

I didn't hate Atlantica as most people seemed to. (Except in KH2)

I think if they're going to do underwater combat again, they need to make it pretty specific to the world, like Lion King I guess. But I dunno. What plot would they continue with, something original? I doubt they'd go into the sequels...

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I'd only want Atlantica if they explain the Ursula ghost in DDD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I loved Atlantica in KH1 but the swimming controls were really awkward, but I imagine it is much easier to develop new controls on the PS4 than it ever was on the PS2 lol

I didn't hate Atlantic as most people seemed to. (Except in KH2)

I thin if they're going to do underwater combat again, they need to make it pretty specific to the world, like Lion King I guess. But I dunno. What plot would they continue with, something original? I doubt they'd go into the sequels...

I think most people were cool with it in KH1. It was a unique experience that doesn't really translate well with modern gaming standards now, but with a lot of control tweaks it could work. Now that all worlds are vertically and horizontally accessible and can be traversed with a combination of free run and flow motion, an underwater world would work much better now.

latest

As for the story, there are a wealth of TV show plots that could be altered and added to the game. There is Evil Manta who was trapped in a volcano and Ariel accidentally frees him. A sorcerer who spreads strife and negativity wherever he goes, he seeks to take over the seven seas. He'd fit well in Kingdom Hearts...and for the musically inclined, there is a great song that can be added 8D

[video=youtube;HeKKEiL8Tvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKKEiL8Tvg[/video]

The only problem is that the ending of KH2 shows Ariel and Eric getting married. It'd have to be retconned or given a good explanation as to why Ariel is back in the sea.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I loved Atlantica in KH1 but the swimming controls were really awkward, but I imagine it is much easier to develop new controls on the PS4 than it ever was on the PS2 lol

I think most people were cool with it in KH1. It was a unique experience that doesn't really translate well with modern gaming standards now, but with a lot of control tweaks it could work. Now that all worlds are vertically and horizontally accessible and can be traversed with a combination of free run and flow motion, an underwater world would work much better now.

latest

As for the story, there are a wealth of TV show plots that could be altered and added to the game. There is Evil Manta who was trapped in a volcano and Ariel accidentally frees him. A sorcerer who spreads strife and negativity wherever he goes, he seeks to take over the seven seas. He'd fit well in Kingdom Hearts...and for the musically inclined, there is a great song that can be added 8D

The only problem is that the ending of KH2 shows Ariel and Eric getting married. It'd have to be retconned or given a good explanation as to why Ariel is back in the sea.
Well she temporarily became a mermaid again in TLM2 so it could easily happen again for KH3's plot. Hell, Donald could probably change her like he did for him Sora and Goofy

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

latest

I've heard a lot of hatred for it even in KH1. Plot was ok, a lot of people despised the underwater movement. I guess I kinda understand, but I never had that much trouble with it.

I was thinking about its TV show and even some of the movie prequels... but yeah, the problem is she's already married to Eric and living on the surface. They'd have no choice except to cover a sequel. They already retconned the story from KH1 to KH2 (which was disappointing, but I digress) I just hope they don't include the world as a mini-game world again. Some of the songs did not translate very well... (and as much as I love the crew, I don't know if I want to see them singing about Finny Fun)

Sally-boiii

Awards

look my dudes eraqus was impaled, clayton was crushed to death, maleficent was killed as a dragon, oogie boogie was killed twice and wasn't lady tremaine crushed by the carriage unversed? who even remembers that old bat, shes dead to me
To be fair Frollo did implicitly burn to death, Eraqus may be considered to kind of sort of have committed suicide, and Sora did slash at Roxas face to kind of kill him. Idk what you would call coming the sudden realization that you're evil after a lifetime of thinking that you're good and dying because of it, though. That can be left to interpretation. There are not that many overly and explicitly dark deaths in KH, from what I can tell, but it does get pretty legit at times.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Eraqus may be considered to kind of sort of have committed suicide

What?

Starting and losing a duel doesn't count as suicide unless the instigator did it specifically so they could lose and die, a la Xion at the end of Days. Eraqus did no such thing; he was murdered by Xehanort after he was weakened by that fight with Terra. Kinda goes against the basic definition of suicide, there.

Really, I don't even care that almost no one ever dies permanently in this series, because plenty have met fates just as bad or even worse than death anyways. It's all very dark already.

BluePikmin11

Awards

Has anyone seen BFG yet? It's been quite a while since its theatrical release, and I'll go ask one more time.

What are the chances that BFG will be featured as a world in KH3 and what's your opinion on it?

I still REALLY WANT to see it featured somehow,

gibbs615

Besides Sofia I ALSO wonder if Nomura has ever thought about putting the Gargoyles into KH3?! They should've been in KH2 before really!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I've heard a lot of hatred for it even in KH1. Plot was ok, a lot of people despised the underwater movement. I guess I kinda understand, but I never had that much trouble with it.

Atlantica was indeed not very well received even in KH 1. Feedback from players about KH 1 Atlantica actually was one of the primary reasons why Nomura and his staff choose to make Atlantica a non-fighting musical world in KH 2.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Atlantica was indeed not very well received even in KH 1. Feedback from players about KH 1 Atlantica actually was one of the primary reasons why Nomura and his staff choose to make Atlantica a non-fighting musical world in KH 2.

It's funny, I like the Heartless that are native to Atlantica, I like the final boss fight in that world, and I think the regular battle theme is just spectacular and probably the best battle theme in the whole game. The problem is that the map is terrible, the game makes you go back and forth just one too many times, and that dolphin is a real piece of shit.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Confession Bear: I absolutely loved KH1 Atlantica for its music, but the gameplay was...
Well, let's face it, KH1 was already clumsy in gameplay overall, so Atlantica didn't make that better.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Confession Bear: I absolutely loved KH1 Atlantica for its music, but the gameplay was...
Well, let's face it, KH1 was already clumsy in gameplay overall, so Atlantica didn't make that better.

I disagree! Atlantica's combat was janky for sure, but KH1 overall has pretty thoughtful and well realized mechanics. Honestly, the jumping isn't even very bad, it's the LANDING that just sucks. Sora has this sticky landing animation that has a weird pause and tons of ending lag. Otherwise, the jump itself is among the better jumps in the franchise. It's got a nice arc that lends well to quick and punchy air combos... Honestly I could go on but I'll save it for another day.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

I actually really liked KH1 Atlantica. The only part that was awful to me was chasing the dolphin sort of mini game that needs to be done so many times...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

My only issues with KH1 Atlantica was the world's layout and grabbing that darn dolphin.
The swimming, while odd at first do to muscle memory, wasn't all that bad when I got used to it.

This is one of those things where I wonder how old the complainers were at the time.

Being a child once, I know how kids will complain their lungs out or outright give up on something simply because it didn't work the way they wanted on the first try.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

DON'T MENTION THE DOLPHIN!!
What I really disliked was honestly the "chests" in Atlantica. Every time you think "OMG ANOTHER CHEST!" it's one you've already opened >_>

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Y'know, if ABZU could nail underwater everything, so can KH3. I dig it.

What is ABZU?

Anyway, to everyone else, I get that the map was weird/repetitive and the world was kinda bland looking/dark in KH1, but just imagine what Atlantica could look like compared to the worlds we've seen so far in KH3 trailers. I think that they've learned from the past games on how to approach Atlantica for battle. I actually think including Atlantica in KH1 was a HUGE risk and something that I wouldn't expect from the first game in the series to do, and taking into consideration other water levels at the time of KH1, they did a pretty good job with Atlantica.

There's already something they can build upon storywise, specifically main story focused. That being Triton's knowledge of the keyblade. I do think it would be interesting to see them use this and maybe even incorporate Ariel in it. Perhaps Triton found a way to make Ariel not a princess of heart? I just think that Atlantica can still use a proper goodbye, so that another water world can be introduced in KH4.

Back