• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

holy shit guys something occurred to me

what if III had a multiverse/culmination world like end of the world but it had dozens of smaller properties just hanging around, like bill cypher etched in walls or references to motor city, the great mouse detective, spectrobes and such? like, broken worlds that were never recompleted and were fused together in space. that would be amazing.

Morgenstern

Awards

holy shit guys something occurred to me

what if III had a multiverse/culmination world like end of the world but it had dozens of smaller properties just hanging around, like bill cypher etched in walls or references to motor city, the great mouse detective, spectrobes and such? like, broken worlds that were never recompleted and were fused together in space. that would be amazing.

You mean like Traverse Town or End of the World?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

not quite. instead of sleeping, pieced together or taken by darkness, they're just... forgotten. never fixed. maybe leave some character a role like finding them and putting them together in a dilapidated ball. you can see the worlds and the hope, but the world is in disrepair and feels sad like the bbs v2 we never got.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Sounds more like Traverse Town to me in basic concept, but I can see where you're going with this. Instead of what Traverse Town was (basically a refugee camp made of pieces of destroyed worlds), you take a bunch of somewhat similar worlds and fuse their appearance, quirks, and characters together into a single world that functions like normal, instead of a hodgepodge world where everyone's unhappy about their destroyed homes.

... Hm, okay, now that you've elaborated, it looks like I got a different idea than yours...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

only a few characters. if the game is as dense and full of life as we hope, i want this world to crush it. gut wrenching, sora seeing the ones he couldn't save. the last step to a more mature sora.

Morgenstern

Awards

only a few characters. if the game is as dense and full of life as we hope, i want this world to crush it. gut wrenching, sora seeing the ones he couldn't save. the last step to a more mature sora.

Again, End of the World. It's a thing and unlike its counterpart in II. didn't appear in subsequent games

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I'd love to see Sora walking by his friends - all dead on the floor - feeling the despair and guilt of being unable to save the ones he loves.

Precursor Mar

I'd love to see Sora walking by his friends - all dead on the floor - feeling the despair and guilt of being unable to save the ones he loves.

tumblr_inline_ntg4nu1lRC1qj8cd2_400.jpg

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

um.. not quite dude. basically what morgenstern said, traverse town meets end of the world.

gibbs615

What is it with you and that show? It's not a movie, it's not a timeless classic, and it's aimed towards little girls. What would make that a good choice for a game like KH, especially when Nomura's explicitly stated that even Sora's going to be more mature this time around?
YO! It IS a good show and so what if its not a movie or a timeless classic or if its aimed toward little girls! I think it STILL could be a good idea for KH3 to see Sora make another friend in her. And who knows,Nomura may have gotten interested in it if he saw my idea on any other KH websites. Also there are some others who ARE on my side about this.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

YO! It IS a good show and so what if its not a movie or a timeless classic or if its aimed toward little girls! I think it STILL could be a good idea for KH3 to see Sora make another friend in her. And who knows,Nomura may have gotten interested in it if he saw my idea on any other KH websites. Also there are some others who ARE on my side about this.

I can promise you that if anyone is looking at these boards from Square Enix it's not Nomura. Also, the game's been in development since before you started posting. If Sophia the First did happen to be in KH3, I'm sure it would have been on Nomura's list years ago.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Let us not argue about Sofia the First. Some people may want it, some people don't. Only Disney, Nomura and his staff knows what is going into KH3.

My honest opinion is that there are dozens of other TV shows that would be better off making their way into KH3. If Nomura decides to put Sofia in, well...Okay. Not really understanding who they are trying to appeal to with it with a majority teen/adult audience with little history tying the two together, but okay.

Forsaken Shadow

I just finished playing BBS:FM on 2.5, Secret Episode and all. One thing I've noticed is the stark difference between the RoD in the secret episode, and the rest of the worlds in BBS- from design, depth, variety, and so on. I must say that the RoD felt somewhat akin to what the worlds used to be in KH1. Many would disagree, but I miss getting lost and falling from platforms and ending up in a whole different area. The maps in the rest of BBS were pathetically shallow - Twister Trench in the Keyblade Graveyard is a sorry excuse for a final world. I really hope this has more to do with the hardware limitations of the PSP than anything else, and I sincerely hope KH3 doesn't go down the same route. But what with announcements of big open worlds, I'm optimistic!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

not quite. instead of sleeping, pieced together or taken by darkness, they're just... forgotten. never fixed.
idk. according to the mythos, all of the "broken" worlds were restored at the end of kh1 (for reasons that make no sense lol) and the ones that didn't were sleeping worlds. that accounts for all of them.

though i suppose maybe something could be developed in the Realm of Darkness, like, when the Keyblade War happened and the World was reborn, maybe there were parts that never became full worlds in the new World?

TSUSMC9

im afraid that's a bunch of clickbait from an unreliable source. if sites like KH13 or ours have heard of it, i don't believe a word of it.

Turns out it wasn't "clickbait". And since you say KHInsider is the only other reliable source like this site, you can check it out over there. I misinterpreted but point still being they will not be using the Halloween Town/Pride Lands we seen previously. Or any map for that matter. So it doesn't count them out entirely but we'll see.

Forsaken Shadow

Turns out it wasn't "clickbait". And since you say KHInsider is the only other reliable source like this site, you can check it out over there. I misinterpreted but point still being they will not be using the Halloween Town/Pride Lands we seen previously. Or any map for that matter. So it doesn't count them out entirely but we'll see.

Man, I don't know about you but I think that article was pretty clear in insinuating that those two worlds were not coming back at all. But I don't believe it until reliable sources like KHI or KH13 report it. Can you link me to the other source you mention?

EDIT: Just saw the article on KH13. It's interesting and doesn't confirm your original article at all, but I think we can pretty much rule out Pride Lands anyway because there's no way we can explore the plot of Lion King 2 without revisiting Pride Rock and the like.

Similarly, it feels like Agrabah has an even higher chance of returning. If we venture into the plot of King of Thieves, as far as my memory serves we don't actually need to visit Agrabah at all. I could be wrong though.

Knuxpyro56

I know i'm in the minority, but I would love to see Zootopia and Moana in KH3. After seeing the footage at D23, i could see Sora as an anthropomorphic lion while Donald and Goofy still being the same, and seeing the world of Moana would be beautiful. Plus seeing how the villains of Moana are actual huge forces of nature.

tumblr_nt3qquUhg11rf73xqo1_500.png

h.e.hassanein

I just finished playing BBS:FM on 2.5, Secret Episode and all. One thing I've noticed is the stark difference between the RoD in the secret episode, and the rest of the worlds in BBS- from design, depth, variety, and so on. I must say that the RoD felt somewhat akin to what the worlds used to be in KH1. Many would disagree, but I miss getting lost and falling from platforms and ending up in a whole different area. The maps in the rest of BBS were pathetically shallow - Twister Trench in the Keyblade Graveyard is a sorry excuse for a final world. I really hope this has more to do with the hardware limitations of the PSP than anything else, and I sincerely hope KH3 doesn't go down the same route. But what with announcements of big open worlds, I'm optimistic!

i agree- even though the world roster in BBS was full of potential, they really made the maps too straightforward...you really couldn't get lost in those worlds if you tried! i'm worried in KH III they'll compensate for having bigger worlds by making them emptier, less brimming with details (like they did in KH I)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

The map thing is misinterpretation of what Nomura's talking about. There's no way they can avoid revisiting areas we've seen before because WE SEE TWILIGHT TOWN IN ONE OF THE TRAILERS. It's beefed-up sure, but it's the same area.

Forsaken Shadow

The map thing is misinterpretation of what Nomura's talking about. There's no way they can avoid revisiting areas we've seen before because WE SEE TWILIGHT TOWN IN ONE OF THE TRAILERS. It's beefed-up sure, but it's the same area.

I think that quote is geared towards Disney worlds specifically. Although I'm sure they'll be giving themselves some leniency - they probably have to end up at the Coliseum at some point anyway. And also this quote doesn't rule out anything if he means that each returning design will have totally revamped maps like many did between KH1 and KH2. Same place, but totally different maps.

Back