• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

In regards to a Big Hero 6 world, this is something I`ve been speculating about. Hypothetically if the film is a huge success as Frozen is, I wonder if it has a chance of appearing in KH3 or might be saved for the second saga.

It might be better if new worlds like that were saved for the next saga tbh. It'd give more new things to add to what would be a "fresh start" without Xehanort further adding to the feeling of the next saga being something new.

kingsoraful

Awards

Realistically I say these worlds are guaranteed in Kingdom Hearts III. I would hope since this is the PS4 and X-One we're talking about that the selection of worlds and gameplay/story will be much longer and bigger than in past incarnations. I wouldn't bat an eye at 20+ worlds. This is next gen, the systems can handle the workload.

Anyways worlds that are guaranteed IMO.

Agrabah(King of Thieves)
Frozen(worldwide phenomenon)
Port Royal(Mix of POTC 2 and 3)
Pixar World, The Incredibles or Toy Story, maybe both even.
Jungle Book(Was slated for BBS, but taken out at last minute)
Beauty and the Beast(still need Gaston as the villain)
Hercules(as seen in the tech demo)

Other worlds I hope will be making their debut...

Robin Hood
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Wreck-It Ralph
We're likely gonna get another recent princess world so Tangled or Princess and the Frog. They would both work.
Black Cauldron
Sword and the Stone
Pocahontas

I could also see them strangely doing something with The Muppets w/ 2 movies now on their belt.

The Original Worlds returning...

Hallow Bastion
Twilight Town
New Original World

Disney Worlds returning...

Because of their sequels I could see any of the past worlds return which I'm sure we will get some of them.

I don't want any Star Wars or Marvel incarnations in KH3. Maybe a keyblade but not a world.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

If we're talking about Worlds that must come back, don't forget about Castle Oblivion/The Land of Departure, even if it's just for a cutscene. Not that it wouldn't be hilarious if Aqua walked in, dumped Ven's unconscious body on the floor, and said "I'm back! I found him offscreen!"

Destiny Islands, Disney Castle and the Mysterious Tower too. But if we're only talking playable, that's something else, any or even all of these could be conveyed entirely in cutscenes.

I will say, however, that it's not a matter of the system to handle "the workload" of multiple worlds. Yes, the console's storage mediums are bigger than the portables (or the PS2, if we're talking about KH2), but let's not laud the systems for that, we're essentially talking about the disc here - you know, the same blu-ray that holds your copy of The Avengers. The systems will be able to show bigger and more details rooms within those worlds, but that's actually a downside if your goal is a huge number of worlds. After all, each of those new-generation details are going to add to the real workload: the human workload, and the financial cost. And each world means a whole new set of level design, asset creation, characters to voice (ew, voice work will kill you), modelling...

Because of market demands, a comparable amount of money spent on a game will actually give you less in-game content these days. Actually, a lot less, because they have to spend time and money building sharper, more detailed content or the graphics obsessed, fully-voiced-dialogue demanding audience will balk and not buy the product. Ergo, unless Square is pouring money onto Nomura's head in a comical midway booth, you should probably expect a similar number of worlds to previous games (let's say 12-15), and probably limping exhausted towards the low end.

Personally, I hope for tighter, more involved worlds than a huge gross of worlds, but I expect Square to aim for quantity instead, so who knows. It may come down to sales of FFXV for Square's higher-ups to determine how much extra money to throw at this fellow action RPG, made in the same engine by the same creator.

Last edited:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

If we're talking about Worlds that must come back, don't forget about Castle Oblivion/The Land of Departure, even if it's just for a cutscene. Not that it wouldn't be hilarious if Aqua walked in, dumped Ven's unconscious body on the floor, and said "I'm back! I found him offscreen!"

LOLOLOL

Castle Oblivion + PS4 = EPIC WIN!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm actually really keen to see Castle Oblivion in PS4 graphics. Heck, I'm keen to see every old world in those graphics

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Beauty and the Beast(still need Gaston as the villain)
Beast turned into a prince in the credits for II. I think we should get a chance to fight him. A room full of huge missed opportunities, like the Evil Queen, Frollo and Gaston.

Don't say that! I could see them actually doing that!

Personally, I hope for tighter, more involved worlds than a huge gross of worlds, but I expect Square to aim for quantity instead, so who knows.
Maybe, but keep in mind Coded and 3D were a little lax on quantity. It could go eitherway, but I'd really want a wider selection than the seven worlds we got in 3d.

It may come down to sales of FFXV for Square's higher-ups to determine how much extra money to throw at this fellow action RPG, made in the same engine by the same creator.
Eh, I doubt it unless XV really bombs, because Kingdom Hearts isn't part of the same franchise and has an entirely separate set of higher ups to answer to, and Disney is very anxious to get KH3 out.

I'm actually really keen to see Castle Oblivion in PS4 graphics. Heck, I'm keen to see every old world in those graphics
I feel exactly the same way. I've been marinating about worlds, and the likelihood of what could/couldn't return. Eh, why not make it now.

This is what I think:

100 Acre Woods: Sure, why not? I think it'd be a sweet way to conclude the saga and Sora's interactions with Pooh are always so cute. Maybe Sora could leave and let Christopher Robin take over? Anyway, I'm fine with it coming back.

Agrabah: I know a lot of people are tired of seeing it, but I feel like it hasn't used all its potential yet, we haven't been in the palace yet afterall. I wouldn't be heartbroken either way.

Atlantica: I think we've seen the last of this world, and though it may have been at a few angry boys expense- I really enjoyed Ariel getting her happy ending. Perhaps we'll have more cameos from the movie, though.

Beast's Castle: The curse is broken, but maybe they can figure out a way around that? I'd hate for thee curse to be recast or something, but I agree this world was shortchanged.

Castle Oblivion: Well, Ven's gotta be found right?

Castle of Dreams: I don't think so, unless they involve the plot of Cinderella III, which wasn't a bad movie, so maybe? But I don't think so.

Deep Jungle: The Tarzan books are in public domain now, but I'm not sure if that means they'll touch this world again. It was one of the better done worlds of KH1 I wouldn't mind seeing Tarzan and Jane again but their story ended in a good place too, so.

Deep Space: I don't think we've seen the last of Stitch, but we'll have to see. I would love it if Lilo showed up, but Japan doesn't seem to care about her as much.

Destiny Islands: It's been a long time since Destiny Islands has been properly playable, I think Nomura will have a riot on his hands if we can't go back. It could go either way.

Disney Castle/Town/Country of the Musketeers/Timeless River: I love the Disney Castle crew levels. I think it'd be interesting if Disney Castle kept being a hug where you could go to levels inspired by more of Mickey's exploits. Prince and the Pauper/Mickey and the Beanstalk seem like good choices.

Dwarf Woodlands: I don't think this'll come back because Snow White's arc is over. Even if the princesses are kidnapped again, I can't see going back to this world but I'd welcome it if we did.

Enchanted Dominion: I feel the same way about this world as I do the other princess ones. Maleficent doesn't seem anxious to ever go home again, either. So I don't think so?

Halloween Town: I'm really indifferent towards this one. Jack is definitely one of Sora's friends but I don't know what they'd do. It's possible, though.

Hollow Bastion: Goes without saying.

Keyblade Graveyard: This might be where it all goes down, I'm secretly hoping that when it's all said and done it'll become a restored Daybreak Town.

La Cite de Cloches: I don't think so, the plot's already happened...twice.

Monstro/Prankster's Paradise: Mm, maybe in the credits. Now that it's been restored Jiminy can go home, but with Pinocchio being a real boy I'm not sure what you'd do there.

Mysterious Tower: This has become the information dumping ground so, I think it'll probably be a returning spot. Hopefully you can do more there than watch Yen Sid sit.

Neverland: I think it'd be a shame if Kairi never got to fly, but it doesn't feel like there's too much unfinished business here. Maybe a final confrontation with Hook, and I guess since worlds have their own time flow that it's possible to do the return to neverland plot. Maybe.

Olympus Coliseum: Sure, let us fight the actual huge titans and see the gods and do more outside the coliseum. LET'S GO.

Port Royal: I don't know, Captain Jack wasn't in the coded opening so that's not encouraging. Though that was probably just because they didn't want to pay for Johnny Depp's likeness for a cutscene. This world fell flat, so I don't know if anyone's pushing for its return. It could be amazing if done correctly.

Pride Lands: Nomura loves the Lion King, but the Pride Lands were another flat world. A huge, beautiful world but one that was just...eh?

Space Paranoids/The Grid: I hope so, Sora's friendship with Tron is amazing. I don't know what they'll do without the third Tron movie being out but I think Ansem's computer may become more important in the future.

Symphony of Sorcery: This was a fun world. There are other elements of Fantasia and the second Fantasia that one could work with. It's possible.

Land of Dragons: This world was such a wasted opportunity, but China's been saved. If we don't go back, it won't feel like there's been too much unfinished.

Wonderland: This needs to come back in its full glory. Either the classic or even the Tim Burton one if Nomura wants a surprise (the plot wouldn't be amazing, but it'd be fun and beautiful so who cares?)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Maybe, but keep in mind Coded and 3D were a little lax on quantity. It could go eitherway, but I'd really want a wider selection than the seven worlds we got in 3d.

I agree with 3D (and I definitely agree that I want more than 7 worlds :S) but I'm not so sure re:coded's was by design. They started releasing coded cell phone episodes before BBS, but by the time they finished the game, BBS had long come out. And I've heard tell that the cell phone coded was a bit of failure since no one bought the model of phone it was on, so they were probably eager to tie a bow on it. If that info's correct, there was probably a Square Enix executive hovering over the mobile devs for months, oozing black smoke with a scythe pin on his lapel, like some kind of bureaucratic psychopomp.

In fact, even before I heard about the sales, I had wondered if the original coded was supposed to have more worlds. I mean, there's the way the game starts to show "lost" scenes from KH1 (Riku learns to create dark portals, Pluto follows Mickey) and then just stops, but mostly I'm talking about the abrupt jump from Agrabah to Hollow Bastion. Sure, there's a good story reason for it but that could have easily happened in Neverland, Halloween Town, anywhere really. Was it part of the plan all along, or were the cell phone devs told to wrap it up?

Last edited:

soranjaxx

I'd love to see Halloween Town back but I would really like Sora to have some sort of vampiric abilities with his vampire form there. Just to give the world a new touch.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I don't want them to use the characters from Maleficent since we've already got those characters and their personalities established, but Jesus Christ, if they include Sleeping Beauty in KHIII and don't use the locations as inspiration then they've done a massive disservice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

100 Acre Woods: Sure, why not? I think it'd be a sweet way to conclude the saga and Sora's interactions with Pooh are always so cute. Maybe Sora could leave and let Christopher Robin take over? Anyway, I'm fine with it coming back.

Personally I don't care if it appears or not, but there is always plenty of plots to follow. They could go at it the Tigger Movie way, or Pooh's Heffalump Movie, or the 2011 Pooh film, or make a whole new story. That's probably the best part about a Winnie the Pooh world. There is so much to work with.

Agrabah: I know a lot of people are tired of seeing it, but I feel like it hasn't used all its potential yet, we haven't been in the palace yet afterall. I wouldn't be heartbroken either way.

It certainly hasn't. Besides the TV show material they could borrow from and the third film that I think everybody really wants despite not wanting to actually go back to Agrabah and hear the same repetitive music and see all of that yellow sand and...ugh. If they took it a step up by letting us go into the palace, then through the town, then out to the outskirts where the hideout of the 40 Thieves is, then to the Vanishing Isle which should be insanely massive on the inside...it'd be great! Also new music with none of the old stuff for Agrabah. I think we'd all rip our hair out.

Space Paranoids/The Grid: I hope so, Sora's friendship with Tron is amazing. I don't know what they'll do without the third Tron movie being out but I think Ansem's computer may become more important in the future.

They have Tron: Uprising to take from. A lot of new characters and story elements were introduced in the show and although it is is iffy where it lies in terms of canon, it wouldn't hurt to see characters like Beck (Elijah Wood), Paige (Emmanuelle Chriqui), Mara (Mandy Moore), Zed (Nate Corddry), General Tesler (Lance Henriksen), Pavel (Paul Reubens) and so on appear in Kingdom Hearts to help give more depth to the world in Kingdom Hearts. It wouldn't need to follow Uprising's plot but it doesn't mean they don't have anything to work from.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Personally I'm done with Pooh's world and Hercules for that matter. I'd rather have Mirage Arena back since it can fill both their roles. (tournaments & mini-games)

I've grown tired of Agrabah myself but I'd still welcome it in hopes we'd see some 3rd film stuff or even stuff from the series.

I definitely want Tron back though. Just imagine space paranoids getting a literal upgrade by Cid giving Tron dat Uprising look and also adding some of the characters.
There's so much they could do with Tron. <3 ;A;

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I wouldn`t mind seeing 100 Acre Woods again. As Spockanort pointed out, they still have plenty of material to work with. Though if it does make another appearance, I think Donald and Goofy should go with Sora rather than him going by himself. I`ve always wanted to see Donald and Goofy interact with Pooh and his friends. I also think it would be interesting if Riku or Kairi visited the world rather than Sora.

As for Olympus Coliseum, there is still another part of that world we haven`t visited. Mount Olympus, the home of the Gods. Personally, I would love to finally explore Olympus and see SDG meet the Gods.

MegaxXxman

Robin Hood
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
But absolutely no star wars

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Robin Hood
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
But absolutely no star wars

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

On KHInsider Forums we aim to create an environment for friendly, healthy discussion. In order to make sure topics such as these remain at a level of quality that can continue to promote discussion, be sure to review the rules for posting in this topic below:

• Do not respond with list-only posts. If you do decide to list worlds you'd like to see in the series, be sure to include an explanation. An explanation consists of more than one sentence! If you post just a list with no reason to why you wish to see a world, your post will be deleted.
  • It is highly encouraged that you respond to previous posts. It is just common courtesy and nobody likes to have their ideas ignored.
  • If there is a topic specified in the thread title or poll, please discuss the topic. It is there for a reason.
  • Please try to elaborate your point as well as possible. All posts that say "I agree", "This", etc. will be deleted.
  • If you feel something is missing or wrong in OP, please send me a Private Message.
  • Above all, have fun!
. .

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I think the most problems with Agrabah stem from it's vastly limited locations so far.
The City of Agrabah itself in both KH 1 and 2 feels severely limited with only a few streets accessible which are also nearly completely empty when in the films and TV series Agrabah is not only a very big city but also brimming with activity.
The Palace of the Sultan on the other hand could make a huge part of the world with several areas for itself and not to mention Razoul and more Palace Guards roaming around (and possibly Jasmine's tiger). The Sultan himself could even function as a quest- or information-giver like the Emperor of China in Mulan's world.
What this world really needs is an overhaul and some new locations, the Cave of Wonders for example could completely dropped and simply not visited.

Gram

Banned
Awards

with only a few streets accessible which are also nearly completely empty

This being a problem most of the worlds share sadly. I can understand some or most areas being empty in the games but when it comes to supposedly inhabited areas like the towns in Agrabah or Notre Dome it's hard to ignore.
Makes worlds feel empty as a whole.

rainbowrabbit

highschool.jpg

I actually wouldn't mind seeing that happen. I loved that movie.

Revolution

Imagining that the Princesses of Heart do come under threat in KH3 (I do believe that is the prevailing theory), I wouldn't mind a return to Enchanted Dominion to tie in stuff from the Maleficent movie - if not, as a way to get closure with her character in the game series. Have her sacrifice herself to protect Aurora and Sora for all I care, saying that her fight is a lost cause. She's just gotten to the point of being comic relief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scorseselover

I hope they add these Disney worlds in the Kingdom Hearts universe:
The Avengers
Frozen
Star Wars
Pocahontas
Atlantis
Every Pixar world
Tangled
Wreck it Ralph
Phineas and Ferb
Gravity Falls
Tomorrowland (I want to hear George Clooney in a KH game)
Bolt

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

I hope they add these Disney worlds in the Kingdom Hearts universe:
The Avengers
Frozen
Star Wars
Pocahontas
Atlantis
Every Pixar world
Tangled
Wreck it Ralph
Phineas and Ferb
Gravity Falls
Tomorrowland (I want to hear George Clooney in a KH game)
Bolt

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

On KHInsider Forums we aim to create an environment for friendly, healthy discussion. In order to make sure topics such as these remain at a level of quality that can continue to promote discussion, be sure to review the rules for posting in this topic below:

• Do not respond with list-only posts. If you do decide to list worlds you'd like to see in the series, be sure to include an explanation. An explanation consists of more than one sentence! If you post just a list with no reason to why you wish to see a world, your post will be deleted.
  • It is highly encouraged that you respond to previous posts. It is just common courtesy and nobody likes to have their ideas ignored.
  • If there is a topic specified in the thread title or poll, please discuss the topic. It is there for a reason.
  • Please try to elaborate your point as well as possible. All posts that say "I agree", "This", etc. will be deleted.
  • If you feel something is missing or wrong in OP, please send me a Private Message.
  • Above all, have fun!

honestly, does any of the new recruits not read this^?

Back