• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
So one thing I do want to point out is, The games always have a tie into the message of the game, the plot for KH4 is unclear so far aside from dealing with MoM and possibly getting sora back. That is assuming the title before KH4 doesnt reunite the trio in that game setting them up to start against MoM. Which is what I'm personally hoping for. However MoM was seen in the cutscene as being there in the city with Sora and Riku, thus making me feel the battles against MoM will start right away. Thus I feel the disney worlds will all have a purpose in finding or going after a friend. As Riku and Kairi are trying to find Sora and going after him themselves. Thus I think these games will surely be in.
Toy story, specifically for the movie toy story 2, where the gang goes after woody and Jess from the toy collector creep guy.
Frozen? So it was more Frozen 1 where ana went after elsa, I havent seen frozen 2. But I feel there is a possibility there?
possibily brother bear, as Koda is trying to reunite with his mom (although the sad results of that might rule that one out.)
Wreck it ralph, as there is a point where ralph goes after penelope (however you spell it).
Those are what I can think of off the top of my head there for that series, but I also want to point out there could be a message of once the trio find each other, getting back home, which opens up even more. They could do it where they use those disney movies at first as they are trying to go after each other, and then half way through, SRK is reunited and go forward together, and go trhough more disney movies about getting home. Making that list of possible disney worlds,
Tangled (unknowningly trying to get home or not. That aside would be a real fun one to do again!.)
wreck it ralph (again unknowning or not, this one might be a little more of a stretch.)
Emperors new groove. (oh please yes!.)
Meet the robinsons.
Brother bear.
Aristocats (though I feel this is a no, doesnt seem like something they would do as they seem to stick to newer movies now and thats a pretty old title. Maybe if this was KH1. but for KH4 I feel its to late of a title.)
Bolt. (again not feeling it but it fits the category.)
Now that aside, Im just gonna say theres a few I personally would like.
Tangled to return
aladin to return
Frozen to return
Emperors new groove
wreck it ralph
Zootopia
Moana.
My movies may be way off, but I do feel that at least one of the two theories will be the focus point of the message from the disney movies. How they go about it could be different, but I feel its important to point out that all the disney worlds always have a message to them that is focused on whats going on in the game at that moment, which for the next title and possibly KH4, that is, reuniting SRK, getting them home, and stopping MoM.
@PStuder12321 Your somewhat correct that the themes from the Disney films are the most important part when choosing the Disney worlds in the KH games as shown here:
  • KH1 - Friendship
  • CoM/RR - Memories/Redemption
  • KH2 - Promises
  • Days - Identity
  • BBS - Connections (Like, "Connections to the past" and between friends.)
  • Coded - Lost Connections
  • Dream Drop Distance - Trust
  • KH3 - Resolution, but mainly Separation, Connections and Sacrifice
Although in my unpopular opinion, I feel that some of the Disney worlds (not all of them) felt questionable in some of the KH games, not to say that there is anything wrong with them being in the game but I feel that some of them should've been worlds in earlier installments or don't seem to align with the theme like The Hunchback of Notre Dame felt more like a KH1 or KH2 world, mainly the latter given that half of the worlds in KH2 consisted of films from the Disney Renaissance (e.g. Lion King, Mulan, etc.) and some of the worlds like Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons and Pride Lands where just worlds added in the game because their worlds were destroyed by the Heartless in the first game and the latter two worlds had Simba and Mushu who first started out as summons in KH1, not because those films share the same themes to KH2. For Monster's Inc., I think this should have been a world earlier in the KH series like Dream Drop Distance or BBS, mainly the former instead of KH3 cause I was expecting a Pixar world to appear even before KH3, especially MI, and I'm a little salty about Wreck-It Ralph not included as a world in KH3. Personally, I felt Dark Riku felt more fitting for Wreck-it Ralph than Big Hero 6 imao, given that the former film had more mentioning of Data which was prevalent in that film and especially in the Tron franchise than Big Hero 6.

Lastly, it's very subjective how the Disney worlds are Chosen in the KH series:
  • Which Disney worlds Nomura and the team want to reuse again for the specific KH game
  • The themes that the specific returning Disney worlds based on that Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and environment that the world can offer.
  • Variety
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)
Arendelle (Frozen) and Toy Box (Toy Story) seem to be likely saved for KHIV instead of the KH game centered on Riku and Kairi as it's going to be a much different setting that Riku and Kairi will visit. The latter with the return of Woody and the Gang and the debuts of Slinky, Bo Peep, Jessie, Bullseye, etc. as they have another new adventure and the former adapting the events of the 2nd film.

This is how I see the Disney films as worlds for the next KH game centered on Riku and Kairi:

Disney Worlds in DDD 2
  • Coco
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Inside Out
  • Treasure Planet
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Version) or The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
  • The Jungle Book (1967 animated version)
  • Dumbo
  • Onward
  • Maleficent

SweetYetSalty

Awards
@PStuder12321 Your somewhat correct that the themes from the Disney films are the most important part when choosing the Disney worlds in the KH games as shown here:
  • KH1 - Friendship
  • CoM/RR - Memories/Redemption
  • KH2 - Promises
  • Days - Identity
  • BBS - Connections (Like, "Connections to the past" and between friends.)
  • Coded - Lost Connections
  • Dream Drop Distance - Trust
  • KH3 - Resolution, but mainly Separation, Connections and Sacrifice
Wow! This is deep. I didn't even think of looking at the KH games like that. I wonder what the theme of KH4 will be!

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Wow! This is deep. I didn't even think of looking at the KH games like that. I wonder what the theme of KH4 will be!
Who can say. But If I'm being blunt with you @SweetYetSalty the way Nomura and his team decide which Disney worlds they want is subjective cause literally it comes down to the following:
  • Which Disney worlds Nomura and the team for the specific KH game
  • The themes that the specific returning Disney worlds based on that Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.) - Which is debatable
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and the environment that the world can offer.
  • Variety
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)

So literally it's an Apples to Oranges situation when it comes to the Disney worlds that are in the KH games and I feel that some of them if not all of them felt questionable in some of the KH games, not to say that there is anything wrong with them being in the game but I feel that some of them should've been worlds in earlier installments or don't seem to align with the theme like The Hunchback of Notre Dame world felt more like a KH1 or KH2 world, mainly the latter given that half of the worlds in KH2 consisted of films from the Disney Renaissance (e.g. Lion King, Mulan, etc.) and some of the worlds like Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons and Pride Lands where just worlds added in the game because their worlds were destroyed by the Heartless in the first game and the latter two worlds had Simba and Mushu who first started out as summons ifor Sora in the Kingdom Hearts game, not because those films share the same themes to KH2.

For Monster's Inc., I think this should have been a world earlier in the KH series like Dream Drop Distance or BBS, mainly the former instead of KH3 cause I was expecting a Pixar world to appear even before KH3, especially Monster's along with the fact it would've meshed well with DDD flowmotion, and I'm a little salty about Wreck-It Ralph not included as a world in KH3. Personally, I felt Dark Riku felt more fitting for Wreck-it Ralph than Big Hero 6 imao, given that the former film had more mentioning of Data which was prevalent in that film and especially in the Tron franchise than Big Hero 6.

But going back to worlds, I think for the Disney worlds we might be expecting for DDD 2 or whichever the game is going to be called that is centered on Riku and Kairi, it's mostly going to be finding someone or something they lost, which in this case is finding Sora as they don't know where he is. The Disney worlds I listed in the previous post seem to fit the mold mainly the first three.

Disney Worlds in DDD 2
  • Coco
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Inside Out
  • Treasure Planet
  • Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Version) or The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
  • Dumbo (1941 animated film)
  • Onward
  • Maleficent
Hi again @DizneyXBirds95! I could be right, however it's all speculation at the end of the day until viable information finally gets released so maybe, MAYBE Moana won't be included. I could be wrong or I could be right, we will see. I just have this vibe though since Moana is one of the more popular brand new princesses in the current era, her world will be included ("advertised") for the next main title installment. For those reasons you mentioned about Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, convinces me further about Stitch's world being saved for a side game. If the rumors are indeed true, there will be another side game centering around only the BBS trio again after the events of KHIII. Makes more sense for Stitch to be apart of that one. TVA are more connected with Stitch than Sora is. As for Moana, another great advantage it has over most worlds are the great options for fun boss fights. I have to say that participating in boss battles with Tamatoa and Te Ka in Unreal Engine 5 would be an exhilarating experience to indulge in.

View attachment 12598

View attachment 12599
Honestly, Moana looks to be a fun world to explore and honestly my biggest hope is that aside from fighting Tamatoa and Te Ka as bosses, this won't be the ONLY Disney world in whichever game it comes out where is the ONLY Disney Female Party Member in the game, it isn't too similar to Pirates or Jungle Cruise in terms of Gameplay mechanics and that it doesn't suffer the same treatment as Kingdom of Corona and Arendelle endured from Kingdom Hearts III.

I am with you on all of this. Jungle Cruise is giving me strong Pirates of the Caribbean/Jumanji/Mummy/Indiana Jones type of vibes. I for one enjoy those sort of adventure films.

The environments look stunning in this film. Envisioning Sora, Donald, and Goofy venturing with Emily Blunt and The Rock through all of this in Unreal Engine 5 would be a visual spectacle. Between trekking through various jungle areas, you also have being on the boat in the river, swimming underneath the river, the waterfall area, the caves, the temple, and the tree of life area. Simply put, it would be beautiful. Count me in on this. Jungle Cruise for KHIV! Besides, what Emily Blunt says around 0:47 feels like foreshadowing of it's involvement in the KH series. ;)

Seeing the animals roam around in the areas we explore in the world would be a welcome sight. Fighting the Jaguar would reminiscent of the fight with Sabor in Deep Jungle. Would make for a nice little callback. As for snake faced man, I feel the same way as you, he does have this Davey Jones-type villain aura about him. He probably fuses with different animals for different abilities, could make for an interesting boss fight indeed. He could very well be the "final boss" of the movie, but that's yet to be determined upon the film's release. A world based on Jungle Cruise certainly has great potential to be one of the best worlds in the entire series.

Me too, Jungle Cruise would be a Nice Addition to Kingdom Hearts and join alongside Tron and Pirates in the roster of Live-action Disney worlds in the series. It's Jungle Cruise does come to KHIV and replaces the Caribbean, it will depend on how far in development Nomura and his team are on the Disney worlds that they want to use for KHIV and whether or not they are interested in putting that film in, because I've seen several recent Disney films (mainly the animated films) that came out during the development of the specific KH games, but none of them appear in that KH game until 5-8 or 10-15 years after they were released in theaters, either because Nomura and his team decided on the worlds they have chosen or they didn't bother watching the movies and choose to ignore them and wait until the next game to use them as worlds. There were some exceptions to this like Tron: Legacy (2010) being incorporated in Dream Drop Distance (2 years later) and Big Hero 6 (2014) in Kingdom Hearts III (4-5 years later).

Few people pointed out that they might be too similar with the city settings, however after reading what you wrote you do remind me of the fact that not all worlds in every game are a 100% different from each other and do have similar areas to explore. I think it was the world selection with KH3 that gave birth to this belief that every world now has to have a completely different environment from one another when in reality majority of the series has never been that way. I welcome the prospect of an Incredibles world in KHIV as it my second favorite Pixar related property. I will go as far as to say I am placing it back on my KH4 list, replacing Ralph in the process.

View attachment 12600
Incredibles has a great group of characters for SDG to bounce their personalities off of. It's got the "Superhero world" aspect going for it too. Till this day, it's still quite surprising to me that Big Hero 6 was included in KH3 instead of the Incredibles. They already had Toy Story and Monster's Inc. included. Were they limited to only using two Pixar properties per game or something? I know Disney suggested it being included. Probably they didn't want THEIR game to be overrun with too much Pixar properties I suppose. Honestly every time I playthrough Sanfransokyo, I am bored. Even Arendelle would get amusing to me on some playthroughs more so than San Fransokyo. Wishing we were rather teaming up with the Parr family and Frozone instead the whole time. Here's hoping they finally include them along with their world for KHIV. Of course for Party Members, Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl are both essential.
It's likely that with the release of Incredible 2, the KH story of Incredibles will take place after the events of the 2nd film with the Supers now being legalized again.

I am grateful that the Incredibles wasn't included as a world for KH3, because otherwise it would be complicated on where the story would take place because the ending to the first film was also the opening to Incredibles 2 when the Parr family where fighting the Underminer, plus the 2nd film didn't came out in 2018.

Well without hesitation, I would sooner have Zootopia take the "Kingdom of Corona treatment" over the "Arendelle treatment". With Arendelle, SDG may as well have been ghosts or invisible. They had no bearing in the events that played out in Arendelle as it went on to do the abridged script of the movie. Worst part of it all is at the end when SDG are standing RIGHT BEHIND Elsa, Anna, and the others, and yet they still don't even bat an eye in their direction much less acknowledged them. At least in Corona we get heavily involved with the plot in the first half including all that lovely chemistry with Sora & Rapunzel being the highlight of it all. Also at the very least, at the end of the story, SDG do get both acknowledged and thanked by Rapunzel and the gang before leaving there. If the world had ended right after Rapunzel saved Flynn then yeah that would be just as terrible as what Arendelle did. Thankfully they didn't pull a stunt like that for Tangled.

One of the things I wish they did differently was actually have Rapunzel somehow involved in the boss battle against the big tree snake heartless (Grim Guardiness). Like what is Rapunzel doing the whole time in the tower as we fight a giant heartless right outside of it. How can she not notice this? She could have helped in the fight and still save Flynn afterwards. I did miss having her as a party member after all was said and done. Also before all of that, we should have had a scene or two as to why Rapunzel and Flynn got so close so quickly after all the interactions Rapunzel had with Sora. Maybe originally Rapunzel wanted Sora to go on the boat with her, but cranky Donald pops in to warn Sora about the nonsensical "world order" so he can't get involved with her. Sora then makes up some excuse and in the process makes Flynn look better. Afterwards we could proceed with Flynn and Rapunzel bounding.

Anyhow I don't see Zootopia being either of those cases. They might go one of two routes. They can do like what they did with Big Hero 6, Monster's Inc., and Toy Box., creating an original storyline where SDG are with Judy & Nick almost the entire time. Or it will be a lot like how Olympus and the Caribbean went in KH3, being involved in the beginning then separated in the middle then finally joins up in time for the big end battle in the third, final act.
Honestly @Gandalf-the-Wise I'd rather if they went with the Original story route or the Olympus and The Caribbean route over The "Kingdom of Corona" or Arendelle Treatment, IMAO and that just applies to any of the more recent Disney animated films that become worlds.

Corona, especially during the 2nd and 3rd Acts, raised more questions than answers compared to Arendelle, cause it sure doesn't look like Rapunzel's journey from the tower to the Kingdom was two days like in the film, I don't think that Rapunzel and Flynn EVER went to the Snuggly Duckling with the Pub Thugs and the Dam like in the movie when they separated from SDG while the trio was fighting off the Reaper Nobodies, and I don't think that the Guards were also after Flynn as it was only Maximus that chased him, along with the fact, that some portions felt too preachy and over the top. On top of that, the climax (Gothel stabbing Flynn/Eugene, Eugene cutting Rapunzel's hair causing Gothel aged to dust, Rapunzel healing Flynn/Eugene) just had Sora Donald and Goofy being just "There" in the background not knowing what's happening ever since Flynn went of to the tower to rescue Rapunzel (yeah they saw Gothel's cloak before it was immediately turned into the Grim Guardianess Heartless by Marluxia and witness Flynn/Eugene dying until Rapunzel revived him with the Healing incantation) but they weren't acknowledged by the cast until after Eugene was Healed.

Of course, Arendelle has more problems than Corona, my only issues with Arendelle was that SDG acted as strangers and have little interactions between the Frozen Cast, while Corona's problems mainly lie during the 2nd and 3rd acts of the world where it felt very "forced and linear" by making SDG involved for a time being with the film's cast then separating from them in parts of the story then not be involved until the climax of the world resulting in the trio feel like a "sore thumb", removing mentioning of the golden flower, Sora and the gang never questioning Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, changing Flynn/Eugene's character, and having Sora and the gang be clueless of Mother Gothel's true colors while remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her when she rudely dismissed them.

But back on Zootopia @Gandalf-the-Wise, I'd rather have the world do what they did with Olympus and The Caribbean cause I find their stories, mainly Olympus to be very enjoyable for the most part. As far goes as Original story for Zootopia I would love it, but I think this comes down to the creators of the film and Walt Disney Animation Studios to decide on that, Not Nomura, cause the original story of The Big Hero 6 world was decided upon by Roy Conli (The producer of BH6).

Last edited:

PStuder12321

Yeah you should replay the games and pay attention to thedisney worlds using that in mind, Will change he way you see it so much! lol Also pretty positive the theme will be about reuniting.

This is how I see the Disney films as worlds for the next KH game centered on Riku and Kairi:

Disney Worlds in DDD 2
  • Coco
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Inside Out
  • Treasure Planet
  • Dumbo
  • Onward
  • Maleficent

Somewhat? :p Anywho, Yeah what you say is accurate, though with the theme im fairly certain being about reuniting. Some of your picks are a little off in my opinion. I would love treasure planet but treasure planet and Atlantis both have nothing to do with reuniting, unless you are going for the theme as adventure? along with the nutcracker, but I am a little rusty on that film.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Honestly, Moana looks to be a fun world to explore and honestly my biggest hope is that aside from fighting Tamatoa and Te Ka as bosses, this won't be the ONLY Disney world in whichever game it comes out where is the ONLY Disney Female Party Member in the game, it isn't too similar to Pirates or Jungle Cruise in terms of Gameplay mechanics and that it doesn't suffer the same treatment as Kingdom of Corona and Arendelle endured from Kingdom Hearts III.

I have only ever viewed the movie once, but it was enough to leave an impression on me that it has the makings of a great Kingdom Hearts world, more so a world in a big numbered Kingdom Hearts game like part IV. Moana being the only playable female party member I doubt will happen, not if we also have Incredibles (Elastigirl/Mrs. Parr), Zootopia (Judy Hopps), Princess and the Frog (Tiana), Arendelle (Elsa or/and Anna), and Corona (Rapunzel with her powers restored) all being there too. Kingdom Hearts 4 may be the first game in the series to have more female party members than male ones depending on which worlds they select I suppose. The chances are great though given that most of the newer Disney IPs mainly focuses on the female character being the hero rather than the damsel that needs saving. Yeah, here's hoping we don't get yet another boring, rushed and uninspired retelling of the movie storyline. I so truly wish we could return to the KH1 approach for world storylines again.

Me too, Jungle Cruise would be a Nice Addition to Kingdom Hearts and join alongside Tron and Pirates in the roster of Live-action Disney worlds in the series. It's Jungle Cruise does come to KHIV and replaces the Caribbean, it will depend on how far in development Nomura and his team are on the Disney worlds that they want to use for KHIV and whether or not they are interested in putting that film in, because I've seen several recent Disney films (mainly the animated films) that came out during the development of the specific KH games, but none of them appear in that KH game until 5-8 or 10-15 years after they were released in theaters, either because Nomura and his team decided on the worlds they have chosen or they didn't bother watching the movies and choose to ignore them and wait until the next game to use them as worlds. There were some exceptions to this like Tron: Legacy (2010) being incorporated in Dream Drop Distance (2 years later) and Big Hero 6 (2014) in Kingdom Hearts III (4-5 years later).

As I have noted in the ratio of worlds thread, I am fine with either Caribbean or Jungle Cruise being included. Though for now I am a bit more partial to Caribbean, being the top favorite Disney world to playthrough in KHIII. Also the fact that the Jungle Cruise movie itself hasn't been released yet so none of us currently know how the story of that film even plays out. Really we can all theorize what may or may not be included as worlds in the future, however none of us are Nomura himself or the Executives at Disney, so we don't know the exact thought process behind every included Disney IP in the games. It's like the rules vary between each differing game.

It's likely that with the release of Incredible 2, the KH story of Incredibles will take place after the events of the 2nd film with the Supers now being legalized again.

I am grateful that the Incredibles wasn't included as a world for KH3, because otherwise it would be complicated on where the story would take place because the ending to the first film was also the opening to Incredibles 2 when the Parr family where fighting the Underminer, plus the 2nd film didn't came out in 2018.

Every time I play through San Fransokyo I wish it were Mertoville instead, however that just means the Incredibles are being saved for a potentially superior game in KHIV. So you could be right, it's all for the best they weren't included just yet. I am looking forward to all the fun interactions SDG are going to have with the Parr family, Frozone, and Edna. Also having Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible as party members for extra fun.

Honestly @Gandalf-the-Wise I'd rather if they went with the Original story route or the Olympus and The Caribbean route over The "Kingdom of Corona" or Arendelle Treatment, IMAO and that just applies to any of the more recent Disney animated films that become worlds.

Corona, especially during the 2nd and 3rd Acts, raised more questions than answers compared to Arendelle, cause it sure doesn't look like Rapunzel's journey from the tower to the Kingdom was two days like in the film, I don't think that Rapunzel and Flynn EVER went to the Snuggly Duckling with the Pub Thugs and the Dam like in the movie when they separated from SDG while the trio was fighting off the Reaper Nobodies, and I don't think that the Guards were also after Flynn as it was only Maximus that chased him, along with the fact, that some portions felt too preachy and over the top. On top of that, the climax (Gothel stabbing Flynn/Eugene, Eugene cutting Rapunzel's hair causing Gothel aged to dust, Rapunzel healing Flynn/Eugene) just had Sora Donald and Goofy being just "There" in the background not knowing what's happening ever since Flynn went of to the tower to rescue Rapunzel (yeah they saw Gothel's cloak before it was immediately turned into the Grim Guardianess Heartless by Marluxia and witness Flynn/Eugene dying until Rapunzel revived him with the Healing incantation) but they weren't acknowledged by the cast until after Eugene was Healed.

Of course Arendelle has more problems than Corona, my Only issues with Arendelle was that SDG acted as strangers and have little interactions between the Frozen Cast, while Corona's problems mainly during the 2nd and 3rd act of the world felt very "forced and linear" by making SDG involved for a time being with the film's cast then separating from them in parts of the story then not be involved until the climax of the world resulting in the trio "sore thumb", removing mentioning of the golden flower, Sora and the gang never questioning Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, changing Flynn/Eugene's character, and having Sora and the gang be clueless of Mother Gothel's true colors while remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her when she rudely dismissed them.

Oh I just said that if those were my ONLY TWO OPTIONS to work with. Naturally if I had it my way I would of approached Corona and Arendelle differently of course, mostly with the KH1 route. Have some parts that resemble the films, but for the most part it's an original storyline.

Corona's 2nd and 3rd Acts certainly needed a TON of reworking no doubt about it. They never explained HOW the satchel was in Rapunzel and Eugene's possession when we saw it in the tower a few scenes ago. Also the sudden swift change of the Sora/Rapunzel shipping to "oh yeah that's right back to the canon relationship of Rapunzel/Eugene." was unsettling. They could have added a scene or two to explain this. Maybe a Back to the Future type scenario were originally Rapunzel is really falling for Sora, and maybe even Sora takes a little liking to her too, but is reminded of the fact that they belong in separate worlds and are meant for Kairi/Eugene. Sora would then proceed to go through a few shenanigans that would lead to convincing Rapunzel to go out on the boat with Eugene instead of him and ultimately making Eugene look like a better man in Rapunzel's eyes. Would have made for some comedic and even dramatic moments. Not to mention more of smoother transition of why suddenly Rapunzel and Eugene are suddenly liking each other and going out on boat date together when they barely shared any heart warming moments together in the game.

Sora and the crew also taking no notice of Rapunzel's powers throughout the entire visit is something else that needed addressing. The headache of SDG NOT noticing the type of person Gothel is. They can realize what Hans is from seeing his back from a far distance, but is unable feel a bad vibe abut Gothel during the conversation they had with her in the marsh? I am surprised they never saw darkness ooze out of her like what happened with Hans. They also NEVER mentioned the encounter with Gothel to Rapunzel after reuniting with her. "Oh by the way Rapunzel we bumped into your mother on the way." Nope none of that. When Eugene is missing and both Gothel and Marluxia come to capture Rapunzel, Rapunzel never once thinks about "Where is Sora and the others?" to help her out. Finally the worst offender, they really had Goofy and Donald linger over Sora's body for an entire night trying to wake him? REALLY? Everything was fine in the first act, but completely blew it in the 2nd and 3rd acts with the miniscule exception of the final scene of them saying their goodbyes.

Though despite all of those screw ups, it is still better compared to how Arendelle was. That's a testament to just how poorly incorporated Frozen was in KH3. Though if Frozen wasn't in KH3, then Tangled would have received the razzie award for worst included world story in the KH series with the way they did it. The main motivator for me wanting to return to Rapunzel's world. I know they can do better than that.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I finally got to see the movie Coco tonight! It was so good. I really wish they had put it in Kingdom Hearts 3. Maybe it came out too late. It's a shame. Axel could have used this world, I mean it's not like he had a dead forgotten friend to fit the theme or anything.

Still it might be too late for KH3, but not the future of KH with what happened to Sora. So now I fully support a Coco world for a future Kingdom Hearts game, whether it's KH4, KH5, or a game in between. I want it!

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I finally got to see the movie Coco tonight! It was so good. I really wish they had put it in Kingdom Hearts 3. Maybe it came out too late. It's a shame. Axel could have used this world, I mean it's not like he had a dead forgotten friend to fit the theme or anything.

Still it might be too late for KH3, but not the future of KH with what happened to Sora. So now I fully support a Coco world for a future Kingdom Hearts game, whether it's KH4, KH5, or a game in between. I want it!

Coco is perfect for a story of saving someone from erasure. Aka Sora.

Also can you imagine the level design? And the Heartless/Dream-Eater/Unversed design potential? Our cast turning into skeletons to blend in?

But seriously, the level design!!

EDIT:
I mean...
PixarCocoCity.jpg

How many chests can you hide in this map? Look at all these floors and stairs and ramps!
PixarCocoCentralStation.jpg

And don't get me started on the streets...
PixarCocoStreets.jpg

Rrraaaawwrrr!
PixarCocoBackstreet.jpg

I need this in my PS5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

Also can you imagine the level design? And the Heartless/Dream-Eater/Unversed design potential? Our cast turning into skeletons to blend in?

I can picture the Rapunzel dancing minigame but with Hector and Miguel providing the music and everyone as skeletons and I love it. Also Pepita would make an awesome summon!

Katsagu

Awards
1 - Atlantis: The Lost Empire

tumblr_n937g6hcPI1tx8h89o9_500.gifv

I really want this world in because I just really love the setting. It would bring a setting that is different and unique to every other KH game, I'm actually glad the world still hasn't appeared in another game, because I can only imagine what they can do with the Kingdom Shader. Also, the movie has some great setpieces that are very cool.

2 - Moana

gif-2.gif

This one has to appear sooner or later, it's story fits the themes of KH so well I don't see how it can not appear. The world could be similar to Pirates in KH3 were you have a couple of islands to explore but you use a raft do go between them. Some very good disney boss opportunities there also.

3 - Pocahontas

bf611ea003857dda68f005fa253f8e50e9a64c70r1-500-272_hq.gif

Another movie that I really would like to see what the Kingdom Shader could achieve. And the main conflict of the movie has a great opportunity for one of those big heartless battles the series likes do so much now. A heartless born from the hatred and fear each feel for the unknown and different.

At the end, I have two hopes for the future of disney in KH:
- I would actually like for disney to have an impact in the story. KH 3 had a bit of this at the end when Sora is holding kairi's hand and he remembers the stuff in the disney worlds. But I want that to a greater degree. Sora spends so much of his time on disney worlds, I would argue his experiences there shape him a lot. I don't want them to feel like a trip to disneyland before the story kicks in. This means having the worlds mythos complement the story being told.
For example, I know some people wouldn't like to revisit worlds over new ones, but I think it was such a lost opportunity to not have Snow White and Sleeping Beauty be the way Sora comes to learn the "Power of Waking". And in the future, I think using COCO as a way to explore the current conflict (Sora missing/dead) would be a great idea.

- I really want more disney bosses. Having Sora fight the heartlesses or something else, takes him away from the main conflict of the world. He should be struggling alongside the characters from the world and joining them on their adventure. This of course should not be the case for humanoid bosses of course. And even then, they could do something like Deep Jungle and have the bad guy join with the heartless

But as long as the worlds are fun to go through, I'm fine.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I'm glad you finally got to watch Coco @SweetYetSalty, and I wholeheartedly agree this film has so many themes (Family (la Familia), Remembrance, Friendship and memory) that without a doubt fit the themes for the Kingdom Hearts series.

EDIT:
I mean...
View attachment 12747

How many chests can you hide in this map? Look at all these floors and stairs and ramps!
View attachment 12746

And don't get me started on the streets...
View attachment 12745

Rrraaaawwrrr!
View attachment 12748

I need this in my PS5.
Coco is most definitely a shoo-in for the next KH game, due to the themes the film (remembrance, death, etc.) had and Héctor possible interactions he can have with Kairi so he can try to reach his daughter Coco.

As far goes as the story, who knows and whether if Pixar will be lenient on having the world's story be a retelling of the movie or an original story in the same vein as the stories for the Toy Story and Monster's Inc. worlds respectively in KH3, but it's likely that the story for the Coco world and the first for a Pixar-based world in the KH series is that it could be a prequel to the original movie where Kairi ends up in the land of the dead trying to find her way back and also look for Sora and she encounters Héctor who also wants to cross the Marigold bridge to reach Coco, which can also tie into Kairi's character development. The prequel route somewhat makes sense instead of a sequel based storyline or the retelling of the movie cause in the original movie Héctor for years has been desperate to try to see Coco, regardless if he's not on the ofrenda. On top of that Coco is the only one that remembers Héctor and keeping him alive for years when compared to the rest of the Rivera Family (aside from Coco and Miguel) including Mother Imelda who just disowned him thinking he "abandoned them" including Coco, when in truth Ernesto de la Cruz murdered him.

The alebrijes could be another important story plot connection for the world cause in the original film they are meant to be spirit guides to their owners and their families such as Dante (for Miguel) and Pepita (for Mother Imelda). What if there were alebrijes that became corrupted and turned itself into a Heartless or Nightmare Dream Eater by the antagonist that came to this world (Xigbar/Luxu, Master of Masters, one of the Foretellers) and actually do the opposite on their owners? I could so imagine the world culminated with either a Heartless or Dream Eater boss based on the Mexican deity, Quetzalcoatl with Kairi riding on Pepita and battling the boss in the vein of Sora riding on Baymax and the Magic Carpet.

Alebrijes

Potential Heartless or Dream Eater Boss based on Quetzalcoatl:
rushelle-kucala-quetzalcoatl2018.jpg

quetzalcoatl_by_manzanedo-dc5s508.jpg

I also would like to see Dante again. Even if he is more attached to Miguel (as he was the one who named him) he does reside in the Land of the Dead and maybe his encounter and curiosity with Kairi could somewhat mirror the relationship he had with Miguel in the film.
latest

I can picture the Rapunzel dancing minigame but with Hector and Miguel providing the music and everyone as skeletons and I love it. Also Pepita would make an awesome summon!
@Dast Perhaps she could be a riding mount when Kairi fights the Heartless/Dream Eater Boss similar to how Sora rode Carpet and Baymax.

Even better, since we had Woody roasting Young Xehanort and Sulley surprising Vanitas and yeeting him from Door to Door in KH3, I would love if Pepita would be the next Pixar character to take action and embarrass the antagonist that visits the world (Xigbar/Luxu, One of the Foretellers, MoM).

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm glad you finally got to watch Coco @SweetYetSalty, and I wholeheartedly agree this film has so many themes (Family (la Familia), Remembrance, Friendship and memory) that without a doubt fit the themes for the Kingdom Hearts series.

Coco is most definitely a shoo-in for the next KH game, due to the themes the film (remembrance, death, etc.) had and Héctor possible interactions he can have with Kairi so he can try to reach his daughter Coco.

As far goes as the story, who knows and whether if Pixar will be lenient on having the world's story be a retelling of the movie or an original story in the same vein as the stories for the Toy Story and Monster's Inc. worlds respectively in KH3, but it's likely that the story for the Coco world and the first for a Pixar-based world in the KH series is that it could be a prequel to the original movie where Kairi ends up in the land of the dead trying to find her way back and also look for Sora and she encounters Héctor who also wants to cross the Marigold bridge to reach Coco, which can also tie into Kairi's character development. The prequel route somewhat makes sense instead of a sequel based storyline or the retelling of the movie cause in the original movie Héctor for years has been desperate to try to see Coco, regardless if he's not on the ofrenda. On top of that Coco is the only one that remembers Héctor and keeping him alive for years when compared to the rest of the Rivera Family (aside from Coco and Miguel) including Mother Imelda who just disowned him thinking he "abandoned them" including Coco, when in truth Ernesto de la Cruz murdered him.

The alebrijes could be another important story plot connection for the world cause in the original film they are meant to be spirit guides to their owners and their families such as Dante (for Miguel) and Pepita (for Mother Imelda). What if there were alebrijes that became corrupted and turned itself into a Heartless or Nightmare Dream Eater by the antagonist that came to this world (Xigbar/Luxu, Master of Masters, one of the Foretellers) and actually do the opposite on their owners? I could so imagine the world culminated with either a Heartless or Dream Eater boss based on the Mexican deity, Quetzalcoatl with Kairi riding on Pepita and battling the boss in the vein of Sora riding on Baymax and the Magic Carpet.

Alebrijes

Potential Heartless or Dream Eater Boss based on Quetzalcoatl:
rushelle-kucala-quetzalcoatl2018.jpg

quetzalcoatl_by_manzanedo-dc5s508.jpg

I also would like to see Dante again. Even if he is more attached to Miguel (as he was the one who named him) he does reside in the Land of the Dead and maybe his encounter and curiosity with Kairi could somewhat mirror the relationship he had with Miguel in the film.
latest

@Dast Perhaps she could be a riding mount when Kairi fights the Heartless/Dream Eater Boss similar to how Sora rode Carpet and Baymax.

Even better, since we had Woody roasting Young Xehanort and Sulley surprising Vanitas and yeeting him from Door to Door in KH3, I would love if Pepita would be the next Pixar character to take action and embarrass the antagonist that visits the world (Xigbar/Luxu, One of the Foretellers, MoM).

I love your ideas. My dream scenario would be for the Coco subplot to happen after Sora escapes Shibuya (I can see KH4 starting with a TWEWY chapter at least a bit longer than the KH2 Roxas prologue or the KH2.9 part) and the Destiny trio finally find each other in the Land of the Dead and set off on a journey to go back to the living. But Kairi's journey as you describe it works beautifully, too.

If it's a Toy Box / Monsters Inc. type of sequel, with (sadly) no stronger ties to the Pixar movie conflicts, I would love to see how Coco's reunion with her parents plays out. Sora and/or Kairi could have to deal with a heartless/Nightmare infestation or corruption of the alebrijes with the added pressure of having to go in and out of the Land of the Dead within the Dia de los Muertos timeframe. The family would still be able to help in the crisis and scold Miguel for endangering himself once again. Also I wouldn't have to wait til the end of the subplot for Dante's shining moments ;)

Pepita and Dante are the best Dream Eater companion duo. They are just the right pair of way-too-big-for-battle (I'm looking at you Tyranto Rex, yes I am) and funky-colorful.

EDIT: Here's a location for your epic Quetzal boss battle (before or after the aerial phase around the buildings of course):
PixarCocoBridges.jpg
Many bridges would get destroyed and reformed. How's that for stakes?

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I love your ideas. My dream scenario would be for the Coco subplot to happen after Sora escapes Shibuya (I can see KH4 starting with a TWEWY chapter at least a bit longer than the KH2 Roxas prologue or the KH2.9 part) and the Destiny trio finally find each other in the Land of the Dead and set off on a journey to go back to the living. But Kairi's journey as you describe it works beautifully, too.

If it's a Toy Box / Monsters Inc. type of sequel, with (sadly) no stronger ties to the Pixar movie conflicts, I would love to see how Coco's reunion with her parents plays out. Sora and/or Kairi could have to deal with a heartless/Nightmare infestation or corruption of the alebrijes with the added pressure of having to go in and out of the Land of the Dead within the Dia de los Muertos timeframe. The family would still be able to help in the crisis and scold Miguel for endangering himself once again. Also I wouldn't have to wait til the end of the subplot for Dante's shining moments ;)

Pepita and Dante are the best Dream Eater companion duo. They are just the right pair of way-too-big-for-battle (I'm looking at you Tyranto Rex, yes I am) and funky-colorful.

EDIT: Here's a location for your epic Quetzal boss battle (before or after the aerial phase around the buildings of course):
View attachment 12750
Many bridges would get destroyed and reformed. How's that for stakes?
No doubt about it and I love how you made the outline/location regarding for the potential Boss Battle.

Also as I said I think it makes sense to have the world based on Coco to be a prequel to the film, was because of because of Héctor's desperation on crossing the Marigold Bridge to see Coco which he has been doing for several years. But at the end of Coco, after Miguel sang "Remember Me" to Mama Coco, Héctor's memory was saved and restoring his status among the Rivera family. On top of that, his Guitar (which was stolen by Ernesto De la Cruz after poisoning him) was later displayed with Héctor's framed letters to Coco at the Rivera residence, following the reveal of Ernesto's crimes a year later, thus making it unlikely for Miguel to return to The Land of the Dead. The reason Miguel went to the Land of the Dead in the film was that he took the Guitar inside the Building of Ernesto De La Cruz and wanted to be a musician despite his Family's initial ban on music. So a sequel-based original story is unlikely when compared to the sequel-based story for the Monster's Inc. world in KH3 and for other potential Pixar films becoming worlds with a sequel-based story (e.g. Brave, The Incredibles (set after the second film), Onward) unless Nomura and Pixar find a loophole to make Miguel return to the Land of the Dead for a sequel-based storyline, but that's asking too much.

In terms of Ernesto De la Cruz, IF he appears in a prequel based original story for Coco in the next Kingdom Hearts game, it wouldn't make sense for Kairi and/or the Destiny trio to meet him and know about his true nature that he murdered Héctor and stole his music and songs (cause that goes to Miguel who figures it out himself once he finds out about Ernesto's true nature in the Land of the Dead) or go the same route like what Randall went through in Kingdom Hearts III. I think the likely route for the prequel based story is Ernesto is either going to be just indirectly mentioned, or have a small cameo in one to two scenes in the world, cause he does a Sunrise Spectacular at the end of Dia de los Muertos, but only to have his concert be briefly interrupted by the Nightmare Dream Eater/Heartless Boss (Quetzacoatl).

PStuder12321

Well I have said the game looks like its taking a direction where there will be multiple stories and multiple teams just like in (CoM?) Com? where you played a story as Aqua then Terra then Ven. I see that happening in the future. One story line being the King's with donald and goofy. Another being SRK. Another being ATV. Roxas, Xion, and Namine. and lastly Isa and Lea. Or Namine will move into a support role with the rest of Ansem the wise and the Radient Garden team, and 4th team will be Roxas Xion Lea and Isa.

Meaning, Coco would be a great world for team 4.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Well I have said the game looks like its taking a direction where there will be multiple stories and multiple teams just like in (CoM?) Com? where you played a story as Aqua then Terra then Ven. I see that happening in the future. One story line being the King's with donald and goofy. Another being SRK. Another being ATV. Roxas, Xion, and Namine. and lastly Isa and Lea. Or Namine will move into a support role with the rest of Ansem the wise and the Radient Garden team, and 4th team will be Roxas Xion Lea and Isa.

Meaning, Coco would be a great world for team 4.
I'm all for multiple stories. I just hope Coco is in the talks for being a KH world. Thank goodness Pixar is now officially on the table for Kingdom Hearts worlds now.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I'm all for multiple stories. I just hope Coco is in the talks for being a KH world. Thank goodness Pixar is now officially on the table for Kingdom Hearts worlds now.
Even the same can be said for the other Disney animated and Pixar films that also came out after Big Hero 6 and KH3 (e.g. Zootopia, Moana, Inside Out, Onward, etc..)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Now that Princess and the Frog is getting a second life through the Splash Mountain refurb, let's see it in KH, huh? Even if they don't wanna figure out a whole world, Facilier would do splendid taking on a KH1!Maleficent style role as the 'main Disney bad guy' gathering the other villains together.

Ultimately I'd prefer a full Bayou/New Orleans exploration, but I recognize the difficulty PATF's setting presents from a gameplay perspective. Do you shrink Sora? Is that necessary, when Louis is so big, getting around the bayou just fine? Do we dare go with a post-movie storyline? That'd be a shame because we'd be omitting Ray and any froggy antics that Tiana and Naveen could get into with Sora.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Now that Princess and the Frog is getting a second life through the Splash Mountain refurb, let's see it in KH, huh? Even if they don't wanna figure out a whole world, Facilier would do splendid taking on a KH1!Maleficent style role as the 'main Disney bad guy' gathering the other villains together.

Ultimately I'd prefer a full Bayou/New Orleans exploration, but I recognize the difficulty PATF's setting presents from a gameplay perspective. Do you shrink Sora? Is that necessary, when Louis is so big, getting around the bayou just fine? Do we dare go with a post-movie storyline? That'd be a shame because we'd be omitting Ray and any froggy antics that Tiana and Naveen could get into with Sora.
I'm all for a Princess and the Frog world as long as Nomura and his team doesn't pull a "Marluxia" and have one of the original villains (e.g. Xigbar/Luxu, Master of Masters, one of the Foretellers) used Dr. Facilier for their own selfish uses, or better yet pull a "CLU" and "Randall" on Facilier and not make him a boss.

Back