• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

I'm bored right now so just to remind people where we are at.

Playable Worlds:

• Twilight Town
  • Mysterious Tower
  • Olympus
  • Kingdom of Corona
  • Toy Box
  • Monstropolis
  • Arendelle
  • The Caribbean
  • San Fransokyo
  • Final World
Maybe worlds / maybe just seen in cutscenes or other elements:

• Disney Castle
  • Radiant Garden
  • 100 Acre Woods
  • The World That Never Was
  • Realm of Darkness
  • Destiny Islands
  • Land of Departure / Castle Oblivion
  • Keyblade Graveyard
  • Whatever the heck Cable Town is

Now I don't know about some of these, like The World That Never Was. I just included that one in case there are flashbacks or some "meanwhile" scenes take place in The Round Room. And I spoiler tagged the two worlds that had data in the December breach, but there's nothing there that actually confirmed them as playable in any way.

We have 7 playable Disney worlds with a few more to go out of a potential 11 playable Disney worlds. Make that 10 if they merge Twilight Town with Mysterious Tower again, but it has yet to be seen if they will do that.

The total tally with the maybe cutscene only worlds, and counting Twilight Town and Mysterious Tower as separate, brings the known total to 19. Now of course, worlds like The World That Never Was or Keyblade Graveyard may not be in, so that brings the number down, but it goes right back up with the unconfirmed worlds that we have no clue about.

With this tally, it makes sense why Nomura said it has less Disney worlds than Kingdom Hearts II (12), but more worlds overall (16).

Since we are at 7 Disney worlds, that means we can guess up to 11 properties that may be included. So a maximum of four Disney worlds could still be revealed before January 29th.

Last edited:

SomeKHFan

Awards

Has 'Realm of Darkness' been confirmed as a playable world though yet? It's obviously in cutscenes but I've yet to see any confirmation it's playable for KH3 outside of fan-speculation, unless there was an interview in the past I missed mentioning it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Has 'Realm of Darkness' been confirmed as a playable world though yet? It's obviously in cutscenes but I've yet to see any confirmation it's playable for KH3 outside of fan-speculation, unless there was an interview in the past I missed mentioning it.
You're right, it has not. I just jumped the gun and assumed it was due to the potential battle and playable Riku scenario (since control is taken away from Sora at certain points). I'll amend.

horto12485

Awards

Ok here's what the Worlds we have so Far for Kingdom Hearts 3...

Playable Worlds

Twilight Town
Olympus
Toy Box
Monstropolis
Kingdom of Corona
Arendelle
The Caribbean
San Fransokyo (Which we haven't seen any footage of yet but we're hoping to get some footage sometime during Tokyo Game Show 2018)
Final World (?) (In which we don't know of yet it could be Either Kingdom Hearts or Keyblade Graveyard)

Potential Worlds that could be left to announce

The Wild Jungle (The Jungle Book)
Princess World (Either Princess and the Frog or Pocahontas)
100 Acre Wood (That was just an leak)
Disney Castle (Same as 100 Acre Wood) (It's an Disney Original World)

Radiant Garden (Leaked back in December we don't know if it will be playable or Not)
Cable Town
Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion (Assuming if we get there to rescue and Awaken Ventus or not)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

You're right, it has not. I just jumped the gun and assumed it was due to the potential battle and playable Riku scenario (since control is taken away from Sora at certain points). I'll amend.
Not just the potential scenario, but if we go by how certain scenes like Kairi and Lea's are being handled, it's easy to assume the Realm of Darkness will be playable because its scenes were using the in-game graphics.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Not just the potential scenario, but if we go by how certain scenes like Kairi and Lea's are being handled, it's easy to assume the Realm of Darkness will be playable because its scenes were using the in-game graphics.

That is actually such a sound line of logic and has turned me into a believer of playable Riku/Mickey. I'd actually prefer Mickey at this point since he's super agile and Riku's new blade is a bit much.

redcrown

Awards

That is actually such a sound line of logic and has turned me into a believer of playable Riku/Mickey. I'd actually prefer Mickey at this point since he's super agile and Riku's new blade is a bit much.

Nomura pretty please let this happen I'm begging you. I'll buy whatever DLC is required to play as Mickey and/or Riku with no grudges I promise.

kaseykockroach

Awards

Nomura pretty please let this happen I'm begging you. I'll buy whatever DLC is required to play as Mickey and/or Riku with no grudges I promise.
For me, an ideal case would be after finishing each Disney chapter as Sora, we'd then cut to an intermission focusing on playing as Riku with Mickey as your party member. After that bit is done, we'd then cut to part two of the intermission playing as Kairi, perhaps with Pluto tagging along. After which we'd cut back to Sora until the next Disney world chapter is done.
Sort of like playing as Bowser and Peach in intermissions in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door!

Paige712

Honestly at this point all I really want is Radiant garden as It's always been my favourite Original World and playing it as a semi-open world with current gen graphics would be a dream.

kaseykockroach

Awards

I confess that I'd love Halloween Town one more time. It'd look AWESOME, PS4 graphics and all that.

Megavoltage

Awards

I confess that I'd love Halloween Town one more time. It'd look AWESOME, PS4 graphics and all that.
I'd love the return of Halloween Town so we could see Riku, Kairi, TAV, or RAX in Halloween costumes. SDG in Nightmare Before Christmas clothes gets a ridiculous amount of merch, the love should be shared with others. I'm looking forward to Monsters Inc but I'm worried it's replaced HT as the new 'scary' world and that means wont be visiting HT ever again.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I really want this too tbh. Along with quite a lot of other worlds as well lol. Though, Halloween Town, Atlantica, and Wonderland specifically I basically want exclusively because they would look so good in this engine. But we have already done a lot with them story-wise. If they found a way to make it work, I probably wouldn't complain. However...

I'd love the return of Halloween Town so we could see Riku, Kairi, TAV, or RAX in Halloween costumes. SDG in Nightmare Before Christmas clothes gets a ridiculous amount of merch, the love should be shared with others. I'm looking forward to Monsters Inc but I'm worried it's replaced HT as the new 'scary' world and that means wont be visiting HT ever again.

I think this is at least true for this game. I wouldn't say it will replace it and we will never see it again. I mean, if we never see Halloween Town again its probably because we went to it 4 times already lol. Sadly, there aren't many spooky places to use other than these two. All I can really think of is Frankenweenie unless they really want to make my dreams come true and do Hocus Pocus or something crazy like that. But that doesn't sound likely lol.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I agree with Sora2016, as much as all of us want to return to Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas) in future games to see how it will look in the new engine, realistically I just don't see it coming back. The reason is that we explored most of the locations in the film in KH and KH2 and I don't think there is any story left to tell for Halloween Town as KH2 was a nice sendoff/conclusion for this world. The same can be said about the Lion King, Little Mermaid, Mulan, and Beauty and the Beast worlds in KH2, the Princess of Heart worlds in BBS (Dwarf Woodlands, Castle of Dreams, and Enchanted Dominion), and the Hercules and Pirates worlds in the forthcoming KH3. I especially don't want to return to Land of Dragons in a future game to adapt Mulan 2 where Mushu was such a HUGE JERK in the sequel.

Also, I wouldn't call Monster's Inc. to be the "Haunted/Spooky" as Nightmare as it is more lighthearted than the gothic Tim Burton theme from the film and also were at the Monster's Incorporated building which is Factory based, so Monster's Inc. is the Monster/Factory level. The only similarity that Nightmare and the Monster's Inc. levels in KH share in common is that they are considered Monster levels.

Realistically, the only thing I can expect from Nightmare Before Christmas to appear in KH3 in some shape or form is just have Jack Skellington appear as a summoning link for Sora.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I agree with Sora2016, as much as all of us want to return to Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas) in future games to see how it will look in the new engine, realistically I just don't see it coming back. The reason is that we explored most of the locations in the film in KH and KH2 and I don't think there is any story left to tell for Halloween Town as KH2 was a nice sendoff/conclusion for this world. The same can be said about the Lion King, Little Mermaid, Mulan, and Beauty and the Beast worlds in KH2, the Princess of Heart worlds in BBS (Dwarf Woodlands, Castle of Dreams, and Enchanted Dominion), and the Hercules and Pirates worlds in the forthcoming KH3. I especially don't want to return to Land of Dragons in a future game to adapt Mulan 2 where Mushu was such a HUGE JERK in the sequel.

Also, I wouldn't call Monster's Inc. to be the "Haunted/Spooky" as Nightmare as it is more lighthearted than the gothic Tim Burton theme from the film and also were at the Monster's Incorporated building which is Factory based, so Monster's Inc. is the Monster/Factory level. The only similarity that Nightmare and the Monster's Inc. levels in KH share in common is that they are considered Monster levels.

Realistically, the only thing I can expect from Nightmare Before Christmas to appear in KH3 in some shape or form is just have Jack Skellington appear as a summoning link for Sora.

So, my feelings on Mulan are a bit complicated cuz I agree the plot of the second movie is somewhat frustrating, especially with regards to Mushu, but I do think they could do more with the world with an original plot, especially? I guess its my hope, so I don't count Mulan out yet, and to be honest I dont think KH2 gave it a good send-off lol. That's part of why I feel that way. Same with Lion King, but even more so since its sequel is actually good and they already hinted at it with Kiara being brought up early. I actually would be surprised if they never did that world again. Probably just an issue of getting the combat working.

The rest I do agree have had their time in the sun, and as much as I would like to see them in this graphical style I know they at least did them justice. So if they ever did want to come up with someway to add them in, I'd be down. I mean, they made me on board for Hercules for the literal 8th time so *shrugs* I think they can bring people around.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

So, my feelings on Mulan are a bit complicated cuz I agree the plot of the second movie is somewhat frustrating, especially with regards to Mushu, but I do think they could do more with the world with an original plot, especially? I guess its my hope, so I don't count Mulan out yet, and to be honest I dont think KH2 gave it a good send-off lol. That's part of why I feel that way. Same with Lion King, but even more so since its sequel is actually good and they already hinted at it with Kiara being brought up early. I actually would be surprised if they never did that world again. Probably just an issue of getting the combat working.

The rest I do agree have had their time in the sun, and as much as I would like to see them in this graphical style I know they at least did them justice. So if they ever did want to come up with someway to add them in, I'd be down. I mean, they made me on board for Hercules for the literal 8th time so *shrugs* I think they can bring people around.
An original plot for Mulan/Land of Dragons unrelated to the sequel wouldn't be a bad idea, however, I feel they might implement Mushu's antagonistic nature from the sequel to attempt to break Mulan and Shang up just so he can keep his role as a "guardian" which personally would make SDG especially Sora feel disgusted. Regarding to see Land of Dragons alongside Pridelands return I'm not sure, compared to how Disney was 13-14 years ago to right now, I dunno if these worlds might return in future installments of the saga. Even if you have the end credits for Pridelands with Kiara's birth and perhaps adapt the Sequel of Simba's Pride in a future game,I think it's up to not just Disney but also Nomura and the development staff if they say yes or no regarding if that certain Disney world would return to the saga.

In regards to the Disney world(s) that are introduced in KH3 that will appear in Future Installments in the saga, I could see Frozen returning for the next KH game due to its sequel coming out in 2019 next year, of course, it will depend on how much time has passed since the first film to the sequel and whether there would also be a time skip for Sora and the gang as well for the next KH game if they include Frozen 2.

Tangled looks to be finished unless if they continue it for the next game an utilize elements from the TV series, which I see unlikely cause KH haven't use any of the Disney animated TV shows in their games and it would be difficult creating 3D models some of the characters introduced in the show (e.g. Cassandra) in the KH art style. Toy Story, Monster's Inc., and Big Hero 6 will all depend on if Nomura and his team along with the creative team from Disney Animation and Pixar have new ideas for new stories for these respective worlds, but realistically I'd see the latter film being replaced by a world based on The Incredibles.

Neo_

Awards

Am I the only one who imagines Disney World/land as a dark horse candidate for a world? I don't know what you'd do there, but imagine Donald and Goofy getting mobbed by guests; they could come up with something. I know it's 99% not happening, but it would be an interesting way to bring back old characters who won't appear in this game.

HakaishinChampa

Awards

Am I the only one who imagines Disney World/land as a dark horse candidate for a world? I don't know what you'd do there, but imagine Donald and Goofy getting mobbed by guests; they could come up with something. I know it's 99% not happening, but it would be an interesting way to bring back old characters who won't appear in this game.
As long we don't see Fruitball or Ice Cream Beat again, I would like the Racing Mini-Game to return but hopefully with better controls.

Neo_

Awards

As long we don't see Fruitball or Ice Cream Beat again, I would like the Racing Mini-Game to return but hopefully with better controls.
I meant the actual theme park, but the fact Disney Town exists hurts its chances.

They should just import Kinect Disneyland Adventures and have Sora save the rides from Heartless or something. Certainly with the correct amount of NPC's it wouldn't have that signature "dead world" feel.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Well if they did want Disney World in KH3 I dont think Disney Town would get in the way. It's been a decade since BBS, they could have build a giant amusement park. I figured if Disney World was in it would be the source of the Flowmotion rides

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

I never want to see Disney Town again. Du du du duu du du duu duuuuuuuu du du du duuuu du du duuu du du du duuuu du du du du duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Back