• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

For comparison:

Kingdom Hearts had 9 Disney Worlds.

Kingdom Hearts 2 had 12 Disney Worlds.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days had 6 Disney Worlds.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep had 9 Disney Worlds.

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded had 3 Disney Worlds.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance had 5 Disney Worlds.

I'll be okay with 6-8 Disney Worlds for KH3.

Meh, I still think they should at least have 9. 6 especially sounds way too low...we almost would know all them then. And to be honest it doesn't feel very varied enough for me at least...like I would enjoy a few more environments. My wanting more Disney properties is also kind of true, but from a game perspective I think it could use as many worlds as KH1.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

i'd rather have fewer worlds with tight design, less restrictions and more lifelike than more worlds that dont have as much effort put into them. ESPECIALLY those worlds where you have to slog through because they're entirely filler. please dont give us a bunch of filler worlds in the year 2018. i want to remember each world happily and not dread the thought of experiencing again in a future playthrough.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Yeah if we are getting 13-15 worlds in total, only 6 disney ones doesn't make much sense

There aren't enough OC worlds to outweigh Disney ones.

Awards

Okay guys how about this.

8 Disney Worlds.

8 Original Worlds.

16 Worlds in Total.

For Original worlds, we have Twilight Town, Destiny Islands, Radiant Garden, Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure, Realm of Darkness, World that Never Was, Keyblade Graveyard, and if possible, Kingdom Hearts itself.

I'm kinda stumped on Disney worlds since there's so many to choose from.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Okay guys how about this.

8 Disney Worlds.

8 Original Worlds.

16 Worlds in Total.

For Original worlds, we have Twilight Town, Destiny Islands, Radiant Garden, Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure, Realm of Darkness, World that Never Was, Keyblade Graveyard, and if possible, Kingdom Hearts itself.

I'm kinda stumped on Disney worlds since there's so many to choose from.

That is way too many original worlds for me lol, half that at the most would be ideal imo.

Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, Land of Departure/(hopefully)Cable Town, and then Keyblade Graveyard (which would probably have some sort of Kingdom Hearts area, like TWTNW did, not as a separate world)

I see the Realm of Darkness and Destiny Islands being cutscene only. I see no reason to have TWTNW at all lol, maybe Organization XIII meetings...but I wouldn't mind if they met somewhere else lol. Like in the Keyblade Graveyard, just sick of that same damn white room tbh.

Habimaru

Didn't Nomura say there would be more Disney Worlds than KH2?

Correct me if I am wrong. I just heard that from another thread.

He did. However it was a 2015 interview and things might have changed

Can we expect far more worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3?

TN: With every Kingdom Hearts title, we plan to deliver more worlds than actually appear in game -- so we have something in our pockets to work with. Then as we begin to hone these worlds and stages, and some do get cut. [At this point], we have prepared more worlds, in that respect, than Kingdom Hearts 2.

kingsoraful

Awards

That just means less then 12. That's still plenty.

I imagine it will have more than original KH which was 9 worlds. So 10-11.

Means there's still 6-7 more worlds to be revealed. But the scale will be massive in each world.

ghostwarmen

Awards

This has me excited. While there were a fair amount of Disney worlds in KH2, they were all essentially the same besides an aesthetic look. They were mainly small areas/hallways that had an end point. In 3, they are going to be practically seamless, massive worlds that will each offer a unique experience almost as if they were small games. This just raises my hype to a whole new level.

As for the worlds that could still make it in, I see around 9-10 Disney worlds in total. We have 4, so maybe another 5-6? I really hope Princess and the Frog makes it in still, but we'll see...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Nomura also confirmed a new original world so we can toss that in the list of OC world's in kh3.

1. Twilight Town
2. Radiant Garden.
3. Keyblade Graveyard
4.New OC world.
5. Castle Oblivion?

f'tang

Am i seriously the only one worried about this news of less disney worlds?
All i'm seeing is praise for more 'fleshed out' disney worlds, which is nice and all, but i'm starting to think we are only getting 6 to 8 disney worlds and that just doesn't cut it for me. This seriously looks like the game isn't going to be finished... I expect sequels to improve on their predecessor, not settle for less. Sorry, had to vent.

Muke

whatever
Awards

All i'm seeing is praise for more 'fleshed out' disney worlds, which is nice and all, but i'm starting to think we are only getting 6 to 8 disney worlds and that just doesn't cut it for me. This seriously looks like the game isn't going to be finished... I expect sequels to improve on their predecessor, not settle for less. Sorry, had to vent.
Wat. Just because the game has less worlds than its predecessor doesn't mean it's bad or won't be finished... I don't understand where that mindset is coming from? I feel like it's better that we have less worlds, which are way bigger and much more fleshed out in exchange.

Quality over quantity.

f'tang

I don't understand where that mindset is coming from?

I want kh3 to improve in every way possible over kh2. I want variety in worlds. I don't want dream drop distance 2. I don't want less worlds if it's due to time constraints. I don't want to have to rely on dlc to add the inevitably cut worlds. I don't want to settle for less. I don't want to be given a coral when i used to have the entire reef. That's where i'm coming from.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

More worlds doesn't always equal better, but neither does less. I loved the worlds in DDD but I disliked most of Days' selection, which both have roughly the same amount. That being said, I loved half of KH2's worlds where I liked all (except two) worlds in BbS.

I think it just depends on how the worlds are done, not so much the amount, but it is obvious that they can put more effort into a world if there aren't so many.

Muke

whatever
Awards

I want kh3 to improve in every way possible over kh2. I want variety in worlds. I don't want dream drop distance 2. I don't want less worlds if it's due to time constraints. I don't want to have to rely on dlc to add the inevitably cut worlds. I don't want to settle for less. I don't want to be given a coral when i used to have the entire reef. That's where i'm coming from.
Hmm, okay, now I get your point.

About your first sentence, same. But I think we'll just have to settle with KH2FM-in-worse if it's the usual Osaka things they're doing, like in BBS, DDD, and 0.2. It's funny, really. One should think that it wouldn't be any problem at all for this game to top KH2, since we have way more capabilities now due to newer technology and next-gen and stuff. But it just doesn't really seem that way, and it does kinda sadden me.

Oh well, I'm gonna wait until the game is out before I say that it is definitely worse, though. It's just… *sigh* Osaka.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

More worlds doesn't always equal better, but neither does less. I loved the worlds in DDD but I disliked most of Days' selection, which both have roughly the same amount. That being said, I loved half of KH2's worlds where I liked all (except two) worlds in BbS.

I think it just depends on how the worlds are done, not so much the amount, but it is obvious that they can put more effort into a world if there aren't so many.
that what nomura trying make less but with more stuff instead of more world with maybe two to three hours then you done with world he want to have spend more time of the world this time

quaity over quanity

BluePikmin11

Awards

Honestly, the change to having less worlds isn't that big of a deal to me.

The amount of new KH3 Disney worlds will just nearly equate the amount of Disney worlds in KH2.

I speculate that KH3 planned to have more worlds, more than 11, but due to the change on focusing on quality worlds, the amount of Disney worlds being aimed for is likely going to be the same as the last KH game.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I guess I'm not expecting 6 to 8, but rather 9 or 10 at the least and most. Otherwise I may be more panicked. I really don't want as few worlds as DDD as well, but I think 9, the number of worlds in KH1, is fine. KH1 was incredibly varied, even if not quite as much as KH2. And well yeah, though I am not totally preaching "quality over quantity" I do think the world design itself was much better in KH1 so that also proves to me that will work fine.

Especially since worlds have more kinds of environments in them as well. Like, Olympus is what we have seen the most, and we have a big town (that's on fire apparently), there is the mountain itself full of foliage and rives and stuff, and then the top of the mountain with temples and clouds and stuff. As opposed to just, the latter element and with a worse design lol.

f'tang

I guess I'm not expecting 6 to 8, but rather 9 or 10 at the least and most. Otherwise I may be more panicked. I really don't want as few worlds as DDD as well, but I think 9, the number of worlds in KH1, is fine. KH1 was incredibly varied, even if not quite as much as KH2. And well yeah, though I am not totally preaching "quality over quantity" I do think the world design itself was much better in KH1 so that also proves to me that will work fine.

Especially since worlds have more kinds of environments in them as well. Like, Olympus is what we have seen the most, and we have a big town (that's on fire apparently), there is the mountain itself full of foliage and rives and stuff, and then the top of the mountain with temples and clouds and stuff. As opposed to just, the latter element and with a worse design lol.

Yeah, i thought about it and i think i'm coming to terms. If the game has about as many worlds as kingdom hearts 1 then i guess it isn't that bad. They could fit a good deal of variety with 10 or so disney worlds.

kingsoraful

Awards

We're getting 10-11 Disney worlds in KH3. He said less Disney worlds than KH2. He did not say less worlds than KH. KH had 9 Disney worlds. So we'll get more than KH but less than KH2.

Which means there's 6-7 more Disney worlds to be revealed for KH3.

Back