• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

I honestly don't care to fight Frollo. If they couldn't make Shan-Yu and Barbossa fun, then Frollo would've been flat-out dull.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I honestly don't care to fight Frollo. If they couldn't make Shan-Yu and Barbossa fun, then Frollo would've been flat-out dull.

Must be fun to imagine everything as a worst case scenario.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

They could have had Frollo fight alongside the Gargoyle Dream eater. He could have fired dark energy balls from the Gargoyle's back

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Must be fun to imagine everything as a worst case scenario.

It is. :cool:

But, really, the best case scenario for Frollo would be something like Clayton/Stealth Sneak. I'm not a big fan of Hunchback though, so maybe that's why I'd be fine if it never reappeared in the series.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

They could have had Frollo fight alongside the Gargoyle Dream eater. He could have fired dark energy balls from the Gargoyle's back

GET UP ON THE GARGOYLES BACK

GET UP ON THE GARGOYLES BACK

literally no thank you

On a serious note i image more of him taking control of an enemy, like from a "cockpit" of sorts

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

or maybe something like this:

mid-boss
Spoiler Spoiler Show

final world boss
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

mid-boss
Spoiler Spoiler Show

final world boss
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It looms kind of cool but waaaaaaaay to angry. And the second boss' design contradicts itself lol

disney233

Awards

mid-boss
Spoiler Spoiler Show

final world boss
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Let's be real here. The darkest Heartless, made for the darkest Disney villain of the darkest Disney movie of all...it can work perfectly.

disney233

Awards

Way too edgy. Heartless need to manage to be goofy and intimidating at the same time.

Would you call the Phantom goofy and intimidating?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Would you call the Phantom goofy and intimidating?

Maybe not goofy, but not super intimidating either. He's a floating cloak with an orb inside him. Not like the over-designed edgy Shadow-The-Hedgehog-tier megadeath boss seen above.

KH is at it's best when it's not trying too hard to be cool. That's why they typically blow it with their final bosses like Xemnas and Ansem, the former giving Sora way too many random abilities in the name of being 'badass', the latter in being so overdesigned and edgy that it's just embarrassing.

KHHacker6595

1. The Black Cauldron
Disney doesn't support this film ever since it bombed back in the 80's, but its gained a huge cult following and Nomura has been given free reign to pick what he wants from Disney's huge back catalog of work. The Black Cauldron is set in a dark medieval setting that much more unique from any of the other similar settings so far in the series. It has a perfect villain (The Horned King) for both a boss fight and one that ties in thematically with the main villains of the series. It has a fun cast of characters to interact with as well as being a well suited setting for this series overall.

2. The Jungle Book
Its been removed from 2 (possibly 3) games in the series so far and its just such an iconic and classic Disney film that its bound to show up here. The remake was a decent film, but it really lacked the charm of the original. The jungle setting is always fun when handled correctly and the use of destroyed ruins overrun with Monkey's, villages, and dense forests lends itself well to this series. I'm much more for using older Disney animated films as opposed to pandering to a younger audience with more relevant recent films. I like the worlds to both be interesting settings to explore as well as tying in and working within the themes and narrative of the main game.

3. Monsters Inc.
I think Nomura would be a fool not to choose this film for the series based on its incredibly unique setting. It lends itself perfectly for exploration, interesting design choices, character interactions, and most importantly narrative and themes. The idea of doors to other worlds is a very important part of the Kingdom Hearts lore and its also a very important part of Monsters Inc. Doors are essentially the main driving force behind the plot of that film and it just makes sense. Now If any Pixar film is chosen, I imagine they will go with Toy Story, but if they could possibly get a second one in there, Monsters Inc is for sure the best choice.

In conclusion I want films that work with the main narrative as well as avoid being chosen solely for recent relevance. Disney has over 80 years of material to choose from and its such a shame that people are so strongly in favor of choices like Marvel, Star Wars, or current Disney television series, that neither serve the plot/themes or keep the charm of the series intact. Nomura, please don't pander.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

mid-boss
Spoiler Spoiler Show

final world boss
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I love these designs. I love the idea of Frollo having the right-hand heartless that does it work and the flying monster that comes from the "burning" of the city.

MidnightKoi

Dude, a Three Caballeros summon would be awesome!

But really, I'd love Gravity Falls to be a world. The supernatural tones to the show would mesh wonderfully with Heartless and such. And fighting Bill Cipher would be a dream come true.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Do you guys realize how disappointed I'd be if Cinderella III: A Twist in Time doesn't make it in KHIII? It practically writes itself, guys!

*Ahem*

Sora, Donald and Goofy visit the Castle of Dreams to check on Cinderella when they're promptly arrested and thrown into a dungeon, where they meet...

*dramatic pause*

...Aqua!

It becomes clear right away that this is the Aqua from the past.

Tremaine, as per the movie, reversed time after getting her hands on the Fairy Godmother's wand to when the Grand Duke visits with the glass slipper. Used the wand so the slipper fits Anastasia and had Past!Aqua arrested and put in a dungeon.

After Aqua and Sora trade exposition, SDG, with Aqua in tow as this world's guest party member, escape. Because Keyblades, duh. (Aqua was too nice to escape before. lol)

Explore explore, rescue Cinderella. Movie stuff happens. Find out Tremaine is in cahoots with the Nort of the day.

Everyone returns to the castle to stop the wedding between Charming and Anastasia. After Anastasia stands up for herself and the king tells the guards to arrest Tremaine, Tremaine uses the wand to turn the guards into Heartless. As she tries to turn Anastasia and Cinderella into monsters as well, Charming reflects the magic beam with his sword and hits Drizella and herself instead. Turning into this worlds boss (er, bosses.)

After their defeat everyone's happy, time is restored to normal, Sora and Past!Aqua give touching goodbyes, and the Nort of the day muses how even when you can change the past, it's only a temporary situation.

Boom!

The Dark Mamba

Awards

Do you guys realize how disappointed I'd be if Cinderella III: A Twist in Time doesn't make it in KHIII? It practically writes itself, guys!

*Ahem*

Sora, Donald and Goofy visit the Castle of Dreams to check on Cinderella when they're promptly arrested and thrown into a dungeon, where they meet...

*dramatic pause*

...Aqua!

It becomes clear right away that this is the Aqua from the past.

Tremaine, as per the movie, reversed time after getting her hands on the Fairy Godmother's wand to when the Grand Duke visits with the glass slipper. Used the wand so the slipper fits Anastasia and had Past!Aqua arrested and put in a dungeon.

After Aqua and Sora trade exposition, SDG, with Aqua in tow as this world's guest party member, escape. Because Keyblades, duh. (Aqua was too nice to escape before. lol)

Explore explore, rescue Cinderella. Movie stuff happens. Find out Tremaine is in cahoots with the Nort of the day.

Everyone returns to the castle to stop the wedding between Charming and Anastasia. After Anastasia stands up for herself and the king tells the guards to arrest Tremaine, Tremaine uses the wand to turn the guards into Heartless. As she tries to turn Anastasia and Cinderella into monsters as well, Charming reflects the magic beam with his sword and hits Drizella and herself instead. Turning into this worlds boss (er, bosses.)

After their defeat everyone's happy, time is restored to normal, Sora and Past!Aqua give touching goodbyes, and the Nort of the day muses how even when you can change the past, it's only a temporary situation.

Boom!

I've always felt this would be a great returning Disney world for KH3. It's a PoH world, it could be extremely story relevant, its one of the better Disney sequels and you have the "past" Aqua as a party member. I hope it's return in 0.2 is a sign of it's return in KH3.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Buffer bufder buffer biffer buffer biffer buffer buffer biffer biff3r buffer buffer biffer biffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffee buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer biffer buffer buffer biffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffee buffer huffer bufder buffer buffer buffer
Since we are starting kh3 at olympus colisseum from the looks of it, I'm curious if Destiny Islands still has a chance at being playable? Before 2.8 came out, I thought it would be the starting point to let Sora say goodbye to his friends and family before starting his journey, but now I can't think of any other reason to visit the world

martin265

Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

Yeah I can imagine Sora or Riku fighting Darth Vader. Mabe Vader could try to turn Riku to the dark side because it could play on Riku using the darkness.

D

Deleted member 246005

I would like Dagobah to be a secret world Sora stumbles onto and Yoda guides him through the trials and then he goes back to the regular adventure.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Mabe Vader could try to turn Riku to the dark side

Someone didn't play DDD.

I would like Dagobah to be a secret world Sora stumbles onto and Yoda guides him through the trials and then he goes back to the regular adventure.

Tbh, while I have warmed up to the idea of SW in KH (it's gonna happen eventually, as made evident by the smartphonre KH game Disney was producing with a SW world in it), but what would Yoda teach Sora? Sora isn't a Jedi, nor does he have "the Force" unless, in this universe, the Force is just Keyblade wielding and using the powers of light and darkness which it more-or-less is in SW but still differentiaties enough to where I don't really think Yoda teaching Sora makes much sense.

Doesn't change the fact that it would be cool, but still.

Back