• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

Which makes me wonder now; instead of what worlds you guys would want, what worlds are most likely going to be in KH3?

Arendelle (from Frozen) is going to be in the game, no doubt. That movie is too big of a success and is beloved in Japan. They even got their own limited edition Frozen PS4. I bet we'll see Beast's Castle again in some form as well, as Beast himself was in KH1, and we've seen the world in numerous games, much like the already confirmed Olympus. I wouldn't be surprised if we get Moana or Zootopia representation, not necessarily due to the perception of one of those and the hype for the other, but of the obvious quality and the developer's access to unreleased titles. I don't believe Destiny Islands is actually confirmed, but I'd be floored if that isn't in the game.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Which makes me wonder now; instead of what worlds you guys would want, what worlds are most likely going to be in KH3?
It'd be completely surprising if Frozen isn't included. I also think they'll finally take the time to move Stitch to Hawaii. They teased him in II, gave his prologue in BBS, and now I think it's time that they will cash in on Lilo and Stitch.

With the cancelled plot from DDD and the powerful visuals on PS4 I could see them including Fantasia 2000.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Arendelle, Agrabah, Treasure Planet, Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood), the Crescent City (New Orleans in Princess and the Frog), Shibuya (lol probably not), and I would hope they'd see Atlantis: The Lost Empire as a logical choice due to the plot essentially boiling down to the heart of a world being poached...

Oh and Hawaii

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards

Arendelle (from Frozen) is going to be in the game, no doubt. I bet we'll see Beast's Castle again in some form as well, as Beast himself was in KH1, and we've seen the world in numerous games, much like the already confirmed Olympus. I wouldn't be surprised if we get Moana or Zootopia representation. I don't believe Destiny Islands is actually confirmed, but I'd be floored if that and some form of Disney Castle aren't present in the game.

Frozen is definitely a given, no doubt, but Beasts Castle? The world's story is already completed, the KH2 credits show the beast returned to human form. There's not a real possibility to show more of the 'what happened after' scenario since it never got a sequel.

Moana I really doubt also. The first real trailer only came out a few months ago, and the fact that it's not even released yet means the kh team wouldn't really have an idea how to base a story and environment for that film.

Zootopia has a slim chance also. The film was only released this year, so they definitely do not enough time to develop a world for it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Zootopia has a slim chance also. The film was only released this year, so they definitely do not enough time to develop a world for it.
Nomura is allowed special screenings of Disney films prior to release, but I am one who doubts Zootopia's inclusion.

On the other hand, they brought Zootopia back into Unchained X which is completely random since last time it was a promotion for the film's release.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I can maybe believe that there is a 40% chance of there being a Zootopia world. :\

If not, 100% there will be Nick and Judy summons.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Frozen is definitely a given, no doubt, but Beasts Castle? The world's story is already completed, the KH2 credits show the beast returned to human form. There's not a real possibility to show more of the 'what happened after' scenario since it never got a sequel.

Moana I really doubt also. The first real trailer only came out a few months ago, and the fact that it's not even released yet means the kh team wouldn't really have an idea how to base a story and environment for that film.

They likely knew of Zootopia and Moana long before the public has. We've known for a fact that they have early access to Disney movies and their content. I agree that Moana's chances are slimmer, but I think we'll see something from the movies, even if just a summon or some sort of easter egg. Those movies are (going to be) just too big for Disney to pass up in KH in my opinion. I still think we're getting Beast's Castle in some form, as we've seen Olympus so many times already. There are other Beauty and the Beast films that we likely won't see due to it not falling in with the world's timeline in KH, but regardless, I'm confident we, at the very least, will see those characters. Beast is somewhat of an important character in Sora's journey, and I feel like we'll see him again in the conclusion of this saga. I'd love to see him as Prince Adam. Your logic of us not seeing Beast's Castle again is definitely reasonable though.

I think what hurts Moana's chances the most is the possible inclusion of Hawaii. I think Hawaii is an exceptionally likely candidate, as it is one fans have been calling for (or at least I have), and we've seen Deep Space already, which can be viewed as a precursor to that world. I can't realistically see us getting both Moana's world and Hawaii, as the settings are far too similar, and Hawaii is the more likely of the two to show up.

I'm 50/50 on Atlantica showing up again, but it'd be nice to see it be present and done right. I also agree with Spock that we'll see Agrabah return.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I don't want a situation to rise again like Chicken Little. It's inclusion in Kingdom Hearts 2 was terrible and not a very good way of promoting the movie.

His magnet ability is redundant since Sora can cast Magnet himself. And his firecracker move annoys me because you have to be next to him and next to enemies so you're like just standing there waiting for him to attack.

I would love something Moana to be in the game, but I don't want it to be as lame as the Chicken Little promotion :(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't want a situation to rise again like Chicken Little. It's inclusion in Kingdom Hearts 2 was terrible and not a very good way of promoting the movie.

His magnet ability is redundant since Sora can cast Magnet himself. And his firecracker move annoys me because you have to be next to him and next to enemies so you're like just standing there waiting for him to attack.

I would love something Moana to be in the game, but I don't want it to be as lame as the Chicken Little promotion :(

Well, to be fair about Chicken Little, if I remember correctly they added it in before the film had even released in Japan so it wasn't very well thought out. They did it just because they could/Disney wanted it.

I think with something like Zootopia or Moana, they'd have more time to work them in without it coming off as tacked on.

Like with Moana, Maui somehow appears as a fun boss battle on Destiny Islands with his amazing powers, or in a special part of Destiny Islands Sora can interact with the ocean.

Something poignant...

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Well, to be fair about Chicken Little, if I remember correctly they added it in before the film had even released in Japan so it wasn't very well thought out. They did it just because they could/Disney wanted it.

I think with something like Zootopia or Moana, they'd have more time to work them in without it coming off as tacked on.

Like with Moana, Maui somehow appears as a fun boss battle on Destiny Islands with his amazing powers, or in a special part of Destiny Islands Sora can interact with the ocean.

Something poignant...

I love this idea. Seeing Maui as a resident of Destiny Islands and being able to interact with him in some way is a fantastic way to implement him. Summon or not, I'd like to see the film represented in a way more meaningful than Chicken Little's as well, despite the circumstances under which he appeared.

SomeKHFan

Awards

Pretty sure Frozen and Toy story are most likely in the game. Frozen will likely get a lot of new players for the game, so it would be unwise not to have it. The Buzz Lightyear ride was shown in the Jump Festa trailer, which gives evidence of that world being in the game, as it's possible Sora gained that attack after travelling to the Toy Story world.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Pretty sure Frozen and Toy story are most likely in the game. Frozen will likely get a lot of new players for the game, so it would be unwise not to have it. The Buzz Lightyear ride was shown in the Jump Festa trailer, which gives evidence of that world being in the game, as it's possible Sora gained that attack after travelling to the Toy Story world.

Well the Buzz Lightyear ride is a new mechanic known as Attraction Flow. We don't know how Sora will earn them yet. We've seen others in trailers already, such as the teacups, but that doesn't mean that Wonderland will be returning. It is certainly possible, but I wouldn't rule it as conclusive evidence to those worlds being in the game just yet. Regardless, I'd love to see a Toy Story world appear in the game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I just want to see Destiny Islands playable again. I've wanted to explore the main island for so long

Karrawong

Most of the worlds I would like to explore in KH3 have already announced to be in the game. But I would like to see a Lilo and Stitch world that isn't a spaceship (Hawaii would look awesome!), and zootopia or frozen world.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I keep reading about Hawaii being in the game. I'm split on it. Some days I want Hawaii in the game, other days not. But aside from my flip flopping feelings on Hawaii, I'm wondering how will Stitch even get to Hawaii from The Radiant Garden? Also, my other concern is that Hawaii is aesthetically similar to Destiny Islands/Moana/NeverLand Islands. The KH series always did a good job picking worlds that were aesthetically different. I know that this might be a narrow point of view, but I just can't imagine them putting 2 "island" worlds into one game and if any island was going to be in KH3, it'd be Destiny Islands.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I keep reading about Hawaii being in the game. I'm split on it. Some days I want Hawaii in the game, other days not. But aside from my flip flopping feelings on Hawaii, I'm wondering how will Stitch even get to Hawaii from The Radiant Garden? Also, my other concern is that Hawaii is aesthetically similar to Destiny Islands/Moana/NeverLand Islands. The KH series always did a good job picking worlds that were aesthetically different. I know that this might be a narrow point of view, but I just can't imagine them putting 2 "island" worlds into one game and if any island was going to be in KH3, it'd be Destiny Islands.

well it is called destiny "islands", emphasis on the S. maybe instead of hawaii, there lives a diverse community on one of those islands including lilo and her sister.

and there's no way moana is gonna be in III, lol

Karrawong

I hope there are more than two islands in Destiny Islands. It would be interesting if Lilo and her sister lived on one of the Islands we haven't seen yet. If Lilo does live in Destiny Islands, I wonder how Stitch got from Deep Space to Destiny Islands in BBS when travelling to other worlds was more difficult than it was in other KH games.

SomeKHFan

Awards

One thing a lot of people seem to forget is that the Lilo and Stitch storyline was meant to happen around BBS. So while a Hawaii world is possible (although it would have a different name, they generally avoid naming places after real life locations) it could possibly have a teenage Lilo.

gibbs615

Let's hypothetically say that since the first episode aired the other night, they have someone do a translation of the episode and general premise of the show and sent it off to Nomura sometime this coming week.

He reads it and enjoys it. Now he has to fit the plot of an Elena of Avalor world into the overarching plot of the game, e.g. adding in an original villain. That means the other world plots now have to be edited so he can shuffle those villains around so they still work thematically but are able to be included in this new world.

This might take a month or two and that's just on the writing side. Concurrently, the dev team would have to create brand new textures, artwork, textures and layouts of the world. They need to also create character models and Heartless that thematically fit in with that world. Then they need to implement the plot, working on cutscenes, treasure chest locations, side quests, mini-games etc.

Because of the late addition of this world that Nomura inserted to please only you, they are faced with a tough choice. Release a game for their chosen release date that has been slightly rushed since the addition of a new world meant less QA and bug testing on other parts of the game, or delay the game so they can thoroughly ensure everything in the game runs smoothly.

A buggy game released means Square Enix's reputation takes a dive, Kingdom Hearts gets a bad reputation and the state of AAA games are called into question once again as "nothing but games with glitches and bugs are released".

A delay would piss off fans globally as the game is in it's 2nd year of development on Unreal Engine (3-4th year if you could all the pre-production work on Luminous as well as the writing side of the development) and there are people who claim they've waited 10 years for this game because to them nothing exists between Kingdom Hearts 2 and 3.

Face it, at this stage all the worlds have already been chosen. They were decided by since what, August 2015? The team is aiming for a 2017 release for this game no doubt, a new addition like an entirely new world would just be bad news all round.
Ok guess all that makes sense. Then perhaps after the game is finally released next year and after sometime, he decides to make Elena of Avalor (or Sofia) a new add on DLC that we could download into the game from PS store. Perhaps that could work!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

One thing a lot of people seem to forget is that the Lilo and Stitch storyline was meant to happen around BBS. So while a Hawaii world is possible (although it would have a different name, they generally avoid naming places after real life locations) it could possibly have a teenage Lilo.

Well, to be fair, it's possible Xehanort begins his tirade against the worlds about a year later - Stitch's storyline could have fallen into stasis until around KH2.

Also, also, Riku confirms in DDD that all worlds have different time flows. So, there's no real way of knowing until it shows up.

Ok guess all that makes sense. Then perhaps after the game is finally released next year and after sometime, he decides to make Elena of Avalor (or Sofia) a new add on DLC that we could download into the game from PS store. Perhaps that could work!
Oh no. Oh no. ohno

Back