• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ventus_

Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Sofia the First is not confirmed for KH3

Absolutely! It's kind of a sin that The Black Cauldron hasn't been used. It's been years since I've seen it but that film is dark as hell! (which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned)

smartitude

Quick question. Does Square even have the rights to that film? According to Wikipedia, it was based off of the Chronicles of Pyrdain, by Lloyd Alexander. Thus his estate might have the rights to the characters, which would prevent the world from appearing. It might be too much hassle to negotiate the rights for it to be included, especially since it has been forgotten by Disney.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It was based on his series, but I think Disney optioned it so they never purchased the actual screenplay when developing the film so I'm inclined to believe the rights still belong to the estate of Lloyd Alexander, though Disney might have the option to use their developed film for whatever purpose they want.

KingPwnzer895

Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

If they do this, it may end up taking place in the timeline of the TV show. Think about it. Over ten years have passed since Ven befriended Stitch, and in KHII We had stitch as a summon with the ukulele charm, which means he possibly already had his adventures with Lilo and finding a home with her. I actually like the idea of seeing some Experiments (Stitches 'family') turned Heartless, specific to that world. Though perhaps in BBS 0.2 they could have like a cinematic with Lilo and Stitch when they are first bonding, to signify the events happening in the various worlds between BBS and KH1.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

If they do this, it may end up taking place in the timeline of the TV show. Think about it. Over ten years have passed since Ven befriended Stitch, and in KHII We had stitch as a summon with the ukulele charm, which means he possibly already had his adventures with Lilo and finding a home with her. I actually like the idea of seeing some Experiments (Stitches 'family') turned Heartless, specific to that world. Though perhaps in BBS 0.2 they could have like a cinematic with Lilo and Stitch when they are first bonding, to signify the events happening in the various worlds between BBS and KH1.

Eh, it could go either way. Time flows differently world-to-world and if Stitch's world fell to darkness, time didn't pass at all.

KingPwnzer895

For one, if they include any Disney junior worlds into the game they should ONLY be used as optional worlds, or as a single world. Though the Lion guard could be used in The Pride Lands world, since Kion is Simba's son, and they never did a Lion King II world, so it wouldn't have to be re-explained how Kiara suddenly has a little brother. After all, the LK story ended with Nala telling Simba about their baby.

As for worlds I'd love to see in the game, there are a few. I'm not going to list any that are already confirmed nor any that have been in previous games, even though I could go on and on as to why Destiny Islands should be a playable world throughout the entire game. And how Neverland was one of my favorite worlds.

-Frozen (Arendelle)
-Robin Hood (Furry England)
-Sword in the Stone (Camelot/England)
-Dinosaur *
-Brother Bear *
-Brave (Kingdom of DunBroch)
-Maleficent (Enchanted Dominion Origins story)
*Couldn't come up with names for the Brother bear world or the Dinosaur world

Okay. Now for my reasoning;
Note: All my reasons were chosen because of the particular movies having strong connections with "Heart" The very thing the game series revolves around.

-Frozen: I would really like this world. It's not confirmed, however most of us already believe it will make it's way in there. I believe that the lore of the magic hitting Anna in the head and heart having different effects really fits with KH lore. And perhaps during the story within the world we see Elsa slowly struggling against the darkness. And "Marshmallow" The giant Iceman could be a Heartless conjured by the Darkness Elsa is being surrounded in when she is afraid of her powers (Or if they bring back unversed Marshmallow could be one, because he could represent the emotions Elsa was feeling at that point) Also wouldn't it be funny to have an Olaf summon command? Like he could sing his summer song while you do ice and fire related attacks. Also, the whole "Show of True love" thing, especially because in Frozen it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic love, freeing Anna from the ice was really touching and could be an ability of the Heart. And if they bring the Keyholes back, I could imagine the Arendelle keyhole being somewhere in Elsa's castle.

-Robin hood: I chose this movie because I really think we should have some Archers in the game. The only long distance we really see so far in Kingdom Hearts are Magic, summons, and the guns used in the Pirates of the Caribbean world (And Wisdom Form). If there is any archery involved, I can almost guarantee it's Heartless and Nobodies who use it, not any 'good' character in the games. I also like the way that Robin Hood takes down the Lion Prince, by ruining his reputation and stealing Maiden Marion.

-Sword in the Stone: Okay I think this one's pretty obvious. Merlin is already in the KH series, in fact he's our MAJOR source of Magic training in both KH1 and 2. I also like how Merlin Time Travels a lot, so perhaps he brings Sora back to Arthur's time in order to fully train Sora in magic, in case he may need it in a moment when the Keyblade just isn't enough. Sora has always been good at using magic in the Final Fantasy sense, but he hasn't really learned any of what I'm dubbing "Heart magic" the magical abilities used by Xehanort and all his incarnations to overpower the darkness and even Xehanort's ability to fracture his heart and put the pieces into other living beings to turn them into vessels, without his heart ever fully breaking and turning him into a heartless. So maybe Merlin does this to train Sora alongside Arthur so that he could possibly learn to defend his heart against Xehanort's powers.

-Dinosaur: I really have very little reasoning for this world. For one, the graphics are amazing and KH usually changes the graphics to fit the world's specific design. That and how awesome would it be to have Sora fight the Carnitaurus?

-Brother bear: Okay. Very simple reasoning. The story of Brother Bear is about a young man who refused to accept the Bear as his spirit animal and is turned into one after killing the mother of a young Bear cub. He is turned into a bear until he can; 1, reach the Northern Lights and 2, understand what it's like being a bear. Though he does turn back into a human at the end of the film, Brother Bear 2 begins with him back in Bear form, making it another one of Disney's sequels that make no sense in the storyline (Tarzan 2 *cough cough*) But the road taken in Brother Bear is so beautiful and it's about a man's heart growing to accept the way of the Bear. I'd love to see Sora turn into a mid-sized Bear and join them on that journey.

-Brave: Again, with the archery. And this also has a 'journey of the heart' kind of theme, with the main character of Brave having to find a way to turn her mother back into a human and try to accept/rebel against her lineage as Princess. I feel like I could make a theory with her in it with something like (If there are 7 princesses of Heart, there could be 13 princesses of Soul/body/etc). It would be total BS because that would make things too hard to remember at that point. ((Omfg feeling like an idiot, just realized why the bad guys have 13 members and the good guys have 7. & is a lucky number 13 is unlucky...))

And finally;
-Maleficent: I feel like this should be less of a world, and more of maybe Maleficent explains her side of the story, why she gave in to the darkness. This could be supported by the fact that Maleficent practically saves Sora Donald and Goofy twice in KH2. Once just after the 1000 heartless battle and again in the castle that never was when she holds back the flood of Heartless trying to find their way to the fake Kingdom Hearts.

Those are just my personal choices and reasoning. I understand if people disagree.

Scorpio

Quick question. Does Square even have the rights to that film? According to Wikipedia, it was based off of the Chronicles of Pyrdain, by Lloyd Alexander. Thus his estate might have the rights to the characters, which would prevent the world from appearing. It might be too much hassle to negotiate the rights for it to be included, especially since it has been forgotten by Disney.

It was based on his series, but I think Disney optioned it so they never purchased the actual screenplay when developing the film so I'm inclined to believe the rights still belong to the estate of Lloyd Alexander, though Disney might have the option to use their developed film for whatever purpose they want.

Wasn't there a dispute similar to this regarding the use of Disney's Tarzan in the first game with the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs?While I'm personally not a fan of this movie, I can't deny the imagery and level design that could be had with a Black Cauldron-themed world, especially the prospect of a Horned King boss battle.

-Robin Hood (Furry England)

Well, uh...for the sake of avoiding any misunderstandings, "Nottingham" or "Sherwood Forest" would be applicable names for a Robin Hood world. Also, the naming of the worlds tend to avoid any references to real-life countries or locations anyways.

Last edited:

KingPwnzer895

Well, uh...for the sake of avoiding any misunderstandings, "Nottingham" or "Sherwood Forest" would be applicable names for a Robin Hood world. Also, the naming of the worlds tend to avoid any references to real-life countries or locations anyways.

Umm "China" is a real place. Even though the world name is "Land of Dragons" They constantly call the world "China" in the game. Example, Mulan's battle shout "For China!"

And I said furry England because I didn't know what part of England this took part in and obviously it's furry so it's not exactly realistic.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Umm "China" is a real place. Even though the world name is "Land of Dragons" They constantly call the world "China" in the game. Example, Mulan's battle shout "For China!"
He was talking specifically about the world names avoiding reference to real-life places/locations not about avoiding such references being used in the world itself.

Scorpio

He was talking specifically about the world names avoiding reference to real-life places/locations not about avoiding such references being used in the world itself.

That's what I meant, thanks :biggrin:. There is certainly references in the dialogue, noting both Land of Dragons and Olympus Coliseum and its passing references to "Greece".

WhinyAcademic

Awards

http://youtu.be/kEFrZR9tn3Y

Dinosaur has been one of the pillars of my childhood and my life, I love it to death and back.

* I want to see Aladar and the others in KH3's HD graphics. The relatively small cast should mean we see all of them. Plus the use of generics in 3 has me hoping we'll get the generic members of the herd (Pachyrhinosaurus, Styracosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Stygimiloch, Microceratus, and of course Iguanodon). I'd love for new HD renders of the characters and generics I love!
* I also would love to see Dinosaur's locales recreated in HD. The Nesting Grounds, the desert, the cave.
* As a post-apocalyptic story, Dinosaur's themes are about standing together and the power of love and friendship. It fits perfectly with KH's themes. Especially the quiet scene where Bruton admits to Plio he's afraid to have hope.
* Everybody loves dinosaurs.
* Heartless and Nobody dinosaurs.
* I just love this movie. The characters who feel like family members to me. The gorgeous visuals that still hold up today on the standard DVD. The incredible score by James Newton Howard. The scope. The grey morality.

The video in the link has convinced me even more that Dinosaur would be awesome in KH.

Ventus_

Awards

Another film with great potential as a KH world is Atlantis!
The concept being rearranged so that the city actually cloaked themselves when darkness took over but having that cloak now be threatened and the complex lore being worked into the Xehanort/Organization plot would be astounding!
I believe Kita would qualify as a Princess of Heart.

And I support Dinosaur! I adore that film!

Last edited:

Scorpio

Another film with great potential as a KH world is Atlantis!

Totally agree! Don't quote me on this, but allegedly Atlantis: The Lost Empire has been in the back-log of films to adapt due to the gameplay potential to be had with the hovercrafts utilized in the film.

The concept being rearranged so that the city actually cloaked themselves when darkness took over but having that cloak now be threatened and the complex lore being worked into the Xehanort/Organization plot would be astounding!

Personally, that theory actually makes it seem more plausible within the context of DDD, one of the few worlds that would actually seem "lost in sleep". I mean, I would have loved to have played through Atlantis in KHIII and preserved La Cite des Cloches for KHIII...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Totally agree! Don't quote me on this, but allegedly Atlantis: The Lost Empire has been in the back-log of films to adapt due to the gameplay potential to be had with the hovercrafts utilized in the film.

As I always do when Atlantis is mentioned...

Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Chance: 40%
As others have said, the film was not a financial success. It is considered a cult classic in certain circles, though, and although it came out in that weird transition period of Disney it was probably one of the more well received of the bunch. Also, the producer and director team who worked on Beauty and the Beast (and I believe the directors worked on HoND) made this film and they are still alive so I see it as possible. (I should note I saw more Kida cosplays at D23 Expo than I did for any other older Disney films)

Want: 100%
Atlantis is honestly one of my favorite Disney films of all time. People say it didn't have that magic or "Disney" feel that other Disney films did, but I really can't see it. I was 10 when I first saw it and it captivated me more than previous Disney films that came out just before the transition period. Watching Kida being chosen by the Crystal was truly a magical moment to me. Beyond my love of it, the lore of the film just works so well with Kingdom Hearts. We have the "Heart of Atlantis", a mysterious crystal of light that gives life to the residents of Atlantis that came from the sky, people seeking the Crystal out for its power, themes of friendship.

Directly from my copy of Atlantis: The Lost Empire Essentials Guide:

Tens of thousands of years ago, a comet like Crystal fell to the earth in the Empire of Atlantis. It possessed extraordinary powers, which the people soon learned to harness. But the king misjudged this power and used the Crystal as a weapon of war. The Crystal's power proved too great to control. It overwhelmed and destroyed Atlantis. After the catastrophe the king kept the Crystal hidden, and over the centuries he allowed his people to forget it ever existed. Despite this, the Crystal continued to protect and nourish Atlantis. It is the Atlanteans' life force. Without it they will die.

Do a little rewriting and they could easily make the Crystal a lost fragment of the original Light lost during the Keyblade War. And the King is practically a reverse Xehanort (both including and ignoring the fact they were both voiced by Leonard Nimoy). In his failure, he rejected knowledge and power whereas Xehanort seeks both desperately. The two could create a fascinating juxtaposition in the game, especially since the plan is to weave the lore and plot of the series to the Disney worlds included. It is mentioned in the film that there have been previous unwanted visitors to Atlantis in the past. Why not make Xehanort one of them, having sought out the knowledge of a time before the Keyblade War and being met with nothing but rejection and the realization that nobody in Atlantis remembers it well. (He would have blended in as an Atlantean except his eyes would give him away). Later he catches wind of the existence of the Heart of Atlantis and uses Rourke to get it.

...I AM VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT ATLANTIS. I THINK ABOUT IT A LOT.

Ventus_

Awards

Excellent news!

Personally, that theory actually makes it seem more plausible within the context of DDD, one of the few worlds that would actually seem "lost in sleep". I mean, I would have loved to have played through Atlantis in KHIII and preserved La Cite des Cloches for KHIII...

True, it would have worked quite well as a sleeping world in 3D and in my opinion, 3D needed more worlds.
I agree that I'd like to see La Cite des Cloches readapted and expanded in KHIII with a more elaborated use of Frollo. I just love HOND.

Master Spockanort said:
Do a little rewriting and they could easily make the Crystal a lost fragment of the original Light lost during the Keyblade War. And the King is practically a reverse Xehanort (both including and ignoring the fact they were both voiced by Leonard Nimoy). In his failure, he rejected knowledge and power whereas Xehanort seeks both desperately. The two could create a fascinating juxtaposition in the game, especially since the plan is to weave the lore and plot of the series to the Disney worlds included. It is mentioned in the film that there have been previous unwanted visitors to Atlantis in the past. Why not make Xehanort one of them, having sought out the knowledge of a time before the Keyblade War and being met with nothing but rejection and the realization that nobody in Atlantis remembers it well. (He would have blended in as an Atlantean except his eyes would give him away). Later he catches wind of the existence of the Heart of Atlantis and uses Rourke to get it.

This is genius! SE MUST DOOO EEEET!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

guys look what i found [video=youtube;SkPfFQojuOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPfFQojuOY[/video]

55:13 !!!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

the whole crowd went nuts after kingdom hearts, keith david wasn't sure what to do lol

but that "its been discussed" could have been for DI just as easily so who knows

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

the whole crowd went nuts after kingdom hearts, keith david wasn't sure what to do lol

but that "its been discussed" could have been for DI just as easily so who knows
it intresing though that was being consider which means that tv shows like gargoles have a chance and nothing is off limits so let prey that gravity falls somehow make it in you may never know

Back