• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KHHacker6595

Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Sofia the First is not confirmed for KH3

Because I'm lazy af, I'm going to copy what I said in another thread:

This plus This

You have 3 newer films (Tangled, Big Hero 6, Frozen), 3 classic films (The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, The Black Cauldron), a couple returning films (Hercules, Winnie The Pooh) and a couple Pixar films (Toy Story, Monster Inc.) and you have a solid lineup that appeals to everybody.

Kingdom Hearts 3 would have a perfect lineup. Been thinking Atlantis was perfect with the whole Heart of Antlantis theme. I also think Monsters Inc. would be perfect with its use of Doors, which we all know how important Doors are to Kingdom Hearts.

redcrown

Awards

...guess Treasure Planet isn't popular, huh?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

its a cult film, it basically flopped but reviews were good.

(i remember getting the toys from mcdonalds, much nostalgia for a movie i never watched lmao)

redcrown

Awards

I just thought a discussion about how the mechanics of the film's universe could work in KH3 would be interesting, but I guess I was wrong.

I remember the movie had good drama, especially with John Silver's greed and Jim Hawkins daddy issues.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

By ridicule the kid you mean ME! Look I was just suggesting my idea for the game and they were just so UPTIGHT about it ok?

Which was them ridiculing you, which was why I asked for people to stop doing that. You are free to express your wishes for certain worlds, but there is a curious trend of you posting about only Sofia the First. I'd like to see a bit more variety from you that isn't limited to that show.

Even the Lion Guard is a better fit for KH3, and that one show with Jake and the pirates or whatever?

And I certainly would be happy if somebody suggested the animated Descendants shorts. Those things are really good. Like...super good.

I still love your post about why Atlantis: The Lost Empire would work great in Kingdom Hearts :)

<3

This plus This

Kingdom Hearts 3 would have a perfect lineup. Been thinking Atlantis was perfect with the whole Heart of Antlantis theme. I also think Monsters Inc. would be perfect with its use of Doors, which we all know how important Doors are to Kingdom Hearts.

Monsters Inc. is another world I also want to see. It'd make Nomura have to design monster forms for SDG (because honestly I just can't see them entering that world and staying in their current forms. CDA would be on them in an instant) and it could be a lot of fun to see how they flip the plot around.

i.e. Maybe make it that Sora's laughter causes mini power surges because in essence he is still a human regardless of his form. Or have Sora flashback to when he was a kid and was afraid of the monsters in the closet and finally realizes they were real.

Part of me also wishes there was a defunct door that led to Sora's bedroom on Destiny Islands.

Actually I love Treasure Planet. And Roy Conli said he'd be announcing a series of worlds but he's only made four films one of which is already in Kingdom Hearts and the other two are coming to KH3, so Treasure Planet is pretty much all that is left for him to announce.

Would Treasure Planet fit because of the fact that in the film, they sail through space pretty much the exact same way Sora & co do? Would they have to create a mini universe for Treasure Planet so it could fit with having the film's characters not be able to reach the other Disney worlds, yet still sail through space? (which is what they do in a huge chunk of the film)

Not exact, but definitely similar. I'm not a fan of a mini universe for Treasure Planet, but it is really the only way of doing it without it being limited to the ship and Treasure Planet itself. The more interesting, establishing stuff for Jim and the conflict happened on Montressor but as much as I'd like to see Sora meet Jim and the doctor on Montressor, I can easily see it being cut and we only have the Montressor Moon Port, the ship itself, and Treasure Planet.

SDG could arrive at the moon port because their gummi ship got wrecked by something (idk maybe when Billy Bones crashes into Montressor, SDG were in the crossfire of it all and crash). Since they are so far out, there is no way to get the ship back to Chip and Dale or Cid to do repairs so they have to have somebody on the moon port fix it but they ask for a huge amount of munny our heroes don't have.

In order to pay for the repairs, they decide to work on a ship and ta-da! They are a part of the RLS Legacy crew.

My only concern is that both Treasure Planet and Monsters Inc. involve doors to a degree. TP fits in better with series but Monsters Inc. is the more fun and vibrant option.

I imagine they probably wouldn't care if they had two worlds with doors as a major plot point, though.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

treasure planet and monsters inc crossover world

yea or nay?

redcrown

Awards

treasure planet and monsters inc crossover world

yea or nay?

nay, that's like mixing two foods that are great alone but gross mixed together

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

nay, that's like mixing two foods that are great alone but gross mixed together

that's every meal i have fam, works out better than expected i gotta tell ya

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

Actually I love Treasure Planet. And Roy Conli said he'd be announcing a series of worlds but he's only made four films one of which is already in Kingdom Hearts and the other two are coming to KH3, so Treasure Planet is pretty much all that is left for him to announce.

Take "first in a series" with a grain of salt. Not saying that Treasure Planet won't get in, in fact, I think it will as it's one of the most popularly requested worlds. I wouldn't be surprised, in fact, I'm fairly certain that Roy Conli will showcase most, if not all Disney-based worlds, not just ones based on films that he worked on.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

y'all telling an admin to take info with a grain of salt LMAO

redcrown

Awards

My only concern is that both Treasure Planet and Monsters Inc. involve doors to a degree. TP fits in better with series but Monsters Inc. is the more fun and vibrant option.

I imagine they probably wouldn't care if they had two worlds with doors as a major plot point, though.

I don't remember Treasure Planet having doors, wasn't it more like portals? Also KH itself is very door centric, so it wouldn't even be odd to have two worlds about it, right?

And about Roy Conli announcing films, wouldn't that mean Treasure Planet(or Notre Dame) is pretty much next to confirmed? Is he allowed to announce films that aren't his own? (not doubting you, just curious as to what power he has)

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Because I'm lazy af, I'm going to copy what I said in another thread:
You made me want this world more than i already do..

Been trying my best to ignore the existence of some films i don't have much hope appearing so i won't get disappointed and then you do this plus the kida avi..

It really would be a huge missed opportunity if this doesn't make it into kh3.Just wouldn't fit nearly as well if they decided to add it to a title after that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Take "first in a series" with a grain of salt. Not saying that Treasure Planet won't get in, in fact, I think it will as it's one of the most popularly requested worlds. I wouldn't be surprised, in fact, I'm fairly certain that Roy Conli will showcase most, if not all Disney-based worlds, not just ones based on films that he worked on.

I don't think they will have him do that, primarily on the matter of principle. It should be the people who worked on those films who get to present them because they put the work into them and deserve recognition by the fans who will be enjoying their film as a part of Kingdom Hearts 3. It would be unfair to them if they were not at least allowed the chance.

Also Roy Conli is fantastic but he's not a Disney spokesperson and shouldn't be made out as one (unless he wants to be and has been asked by his peers to represent them).

If there is a film that they want to do a video reveal of and want to do the honors of revealing it, they have people besides the producers and directors to choose from. There are actors, lead animators, screenplay writers, and other Disney executives that may have been involved with these projects who can fulfill this role.

I don't remember Treasure Planet having doors, wasn't it more like portals? Also KH itself is very door centric, so it wouldn't even be odd to have two worlds about it, right?

Portals are essentially doorways. The portal in Treasure Planet and the doors in Monsters Inc. serve the same purpose: they transport people from one world/location to another through transdimentional means.

It wouldn't be too odd.

And about Roy Conli announcing films, wouldn't that mean Treasure Planet(or Notre Dame) is pretty much next to confirmed? Is he allowed to announce films that aren't his own? (not doubting you, just curious as to what power he has)

He an executive and creative producer at Disney. There isn't much else to say because we don't know the full extent of his duties.

I wouldn't say it will be next to be confirmed, but it seems to be the most expected considering the current trend and people's interpretation of Roy's words.

You made me want this world more than i already do..

Been trying my best to ignore the existence of some films i don't have much hope appearing so i won't get disappointed and then you do this plus the kida avi..

It really would be a huge missed opportunity if this doesn't make it into kh3.Just wouldn't fit nearly as well if they decided to add it to a title after that.

I'm so sorry. ;~;

Yeah, it really wouldn't though it really would depend on the plot of the next KH game. Regardless, it feels like the stars are all aligned for this.

xdrake24

Treasure planet would be nice, but I always wanted the Black Cauldron. The Horned King is simply too badass of a villain to be left out.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

a lot of black cauldron supporters, what it is man.

KHHacker6595

a lot of black cauldron supporters, what it is man.
Its just perfect for the game. It fits so well I could even see pretty much any Final Fantasy character fitting in that environment. Imagine the Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy 1 appearing in that world. That film feels both in line with the Square and Disney feel of a medieval fantasy world. Its just too perfect to not include.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Its just perfect for the game. It fits so well I could even see pretty much any Final Fantasy character fitting in that environment. Imagine the Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy 1 appearing in that world. That film feels both in line with the Square and Disney feel of a medieval fantasy world. Its just too perfect to not include.

i would really love to see it in. square needs to get better about incorporating worlds into the story and which worlds are going in. after seeing the few released trailers, i believe they're getting the hang of it but they haven't had much reason for faith.

redcrown

Awards

I've never seen Black Cauldron and haven't even heard of it until a few years ago. All I know about that some cute teddy bear thing commits suicide? And the look of the freaky Horned King.

KHHacker6595

I've never seen Black Cauldron and haven't even heard of it until a few years ago. All I know about that some cute teddy bear thing commits suicide? And the look of the freaky Horned King.
Its definitely worth a watch

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

i dont remember a teddy bear suicide. guess i have to give this another watch.

Back