• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

Personally even after I see TFA tonight, I don't want it in the series even if it is the most perfect fit of any film ever. It's obvious Kingdom Hearts was heavily influenced by Star Wars, and I think that is primarily why I don't want to see it. It's so much like the other. The ideologies are practically the same. The Jedi philosophy is practically identical to what we hear in the series all of the time. The Keyblade is practically a lightsaber. Hearts and the power they hold can be compared to the Force, and I won't even bother going into the character comparisons.

It is too close...it'd be a step beyond being meta if SW was in the series. It'd practically be overkill. References are easier to handle because it's not a entire film. It's a healthier way to paying tribute to a beloved franchise.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

yeah true i really also think kingdom hears was inspired by star wars i mean nomura had mark hamil himself voice eraques in kingdom hearts that was cool decision on his part

(you will love episode 7 so much it was so beautiful so have fun :smile:)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Personally even after I see TFA tonight, I don't want it in the series even if it is the most perfect fit of any film ever. It's obvious Kingdom Hearts was heavily influenced by Star Wars, and I think that is primarily why I don't want to see it. It's so much like the other. The ideologies are practically the same. The Jedi philosophy is practically identical to what we hear in the series all of the time. The Keyblade is practically a lightsaber. Hearts and the power they hold can be compared to the Force, and I won't even bother going into the character comparisons.

It is too close...it'd be a step beyond being meta if SW was in the series. It'd practically be overkill. References are easier to handle because it's not a entire film. It's a healthier way to paying tribute to a beloved franchise.

I've been saying that for the past few years rofl

But let's be honest. Nomura is gonna want star wars and disney is gonna want to advertise it so :/

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I'm not sure whether you're arguing for or against whatever you're talking about...

I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons why there are so many SW parallels is because KH (and the FF series, to an extent...) has been helmed by Star Wars fans. Though honestly, I'd prefer it if they kept the two separate for now. Aside from the Galaxy Far, Far Away just being too big of a universe to compact neatly into a single world, for all its similarities, there are some key differences between the light/dark duality that wouldn't mix too well.

In fact, the way of the Jedi is in direct conflict with KH's main theme of friendship. For the Jedi, the kind of loyalty and devotion that people like Sora and Riku have for those they care about is a straightforward path to the Dark Side. ... And in a way, it kind of is. Luke, Anakin, Riku, Sora... at some point in all of their stories, they impulsively followed their emotions to try to save/protect those they cared about, and it ended VERY badly for all of them. ... Hm. Maybe there isn't such a big difference there after all. But in KH, unlike SW, more often than not, that sort of devotion is also shown in a positive light and doesn't always result in severed limbs and crushing defeats. In fact, it's usually cited as the main reason why the heroes can get stuff done.

Also, the dark/light duality. In the SW universe, all negative emotions contribute to the Dark Side, and the Dark Side itself has never really produced anything good. In fact, they say that the Dark Side's existence itself is the imbalance in the Force. Contrast that with Light and Darkness in KH, which casts Darkness as a much more neutral, albeit still dangerous, force. Rage and fear aren't Darkness-exclusive feelings, either, and it is possible to accept the darkness without becoming fully consumed by it.

It's two different takes on a similar concept. I wouldn't say that they would blend perfectly. :I sheesh, I got a bit carried away, didn't I?

This is the primary reason why I think TFA is much more KH-compatible than either the OT or PT would ever be. You'll see what I mean in the film proper.

However, you're a bit wrong with the second bolded part: Luke was only able to save the galaxy at the end of RotJ because of his love for his father and vice-versa. The same "attachment" that the old guard of Jedi, such as Obi-Wan or Yoda, abhorred was exactly what was needed in order to defeat the Emperor. Obi-Wan's hope of having Luke somehow taking on Vader and Palpatine on his own and defeating them both from a detached perspective was simply not the answer.

Also, this isn't a question of whether or not Star Wars should be in a Kingdom Hearts game. For the longest time, I would have agreed that it's a terrible idea. My personal change on that thought aside, it comes down to whether or not Star Wars will be in a future Kingdom Hearts game, such as KH3. After seeing TFA, observing how it handles its themes and characters in comparison to the previous films, I absolutely believe that we will see it pop up in KH.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

it is just me or is kylo ren just like riku in a sense?

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Don't you dare compare that wimpy Sith wannabe to the master of both the light and the darkness!
well dont ren story yet but it seems to me that what where his story heading towards with his stugle bettew light and darkness

Crysaxel

well dont ren story yet but it seems to me that what where his story heading towards with his stugle bettew light and darkness
I was just messing with you, I can see the small similarities, but you should remove your post, the spoiler is showing up on the new forum posts.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Why would you put star wars spoilers in a kingdom hearts thread??

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

No.

Kylo Ren and Riku? That's making connections that just aren't there. =_=

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

No.

Kylo Ren and Riku? That's making connections that just aren't there. =_=
like i said we know ren full story yet but the way he is portay is simmular to riku how was stuggling with his darkness and light

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

My virgin eyes have been tainted by spoilers again. Thanks tumblr, thanks khinsider you fuckninnies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

like i said we know ren full story yet but the way he is portay is simmular to riku how was stuggling with his darkness and light
Pfft.

No, it isn't. Not even close. KR's a wannabe bad guy who throws temper tantrums and gets all huffy because the light is still there. Riku wanted to stomp out his darkness, but eventually came to accept as part of himself, as well as the light.

Angsting over things does not mean two characters are similar, friend. -_-

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Pfft.

No, it isn't. Not even close. KR's a wannabe bad guy who throws temper tantrums and gets all huffy because the light is still there. Riku wanted to stomp out his darkness, but eventually came to accept as part of himself, as well as the light.

So.... Basically terra? :D

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

So.... Basically terra? :D

Not really. We've already established that Terra's a slightly less stupid version of Anakin. =w=
And unlike Anakin, KR's sense of right and wrong seems to pretty much be completely gone. Although he does seem like he's easily manipulated and mislead...

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Pfft.

yeah you right oh well it was worth a shot

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Pfft.

b5ce53308824d9023eafdbce0c94b5ae.gif

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

This is the primary reason why I think TFA is much more KH-compatible than either the OT or PT would ever be. You'll see what I mean in the film proper.

... I just got back from TFA and I'm still not exactly sure what you mean. XD

However, you're a bit wrong with the second bolded part: Luke was only able to save the galaxy at the end of RotJ because of his love for his father and vice-versa. The same "attachment" that the old guard of Jedi, such as Obi-Wan or Yoda, abhorred was exactly what was needed in order to defeat the Emperor. Obi-Wan's hope of having Luke somehow taking on Vader and Palpatine on his own and defeating them both from a detached perspective was simply not the answer.
That's true. However, when I typed that, I was thinking more along the lines of The Empire Strikes Back. Remember how the guy leaves Dagobah without completing his training, just because he sensed that his friends were suffering? And how that led to him confronting Vader despite being unprepared for such a fight, and caused him to lose his hand and nearly his life?

I wasn't saying that attachments and devotion are always harmful, just that they've been the downfall of several characters at least once, both in KH and SW. The key difference being that no one in the KH-verse rejects the value of strong, loyal bonds (unless it's a bad guy talking a hero down).

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer.

... I just got back from TFA and I'm still not exactly sure what you mean. XD

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back