• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

If Pocahontas made it into this game, I would be so happy.

I remember some interview where Nomura or somebody (I'm really bad at remembering) mentioned that a lot of the games in KHIII had the benefit of the people who worked on the films helping with the game because they were focusing on some newer movies.

Well, Glen Keane is already helping out (with Tangled), so it's not too far a stretch to suppose he sneaked in another one of his films...Pocahontas.

Also, Pocahontas is one of only two 90s Renaissance films that has yet to make it into the games, the other being the commercial flop "The Rescuers Down Under" (I enjoyed it, but apparently theater audiences did not). It doesn't make sense for it to be left out forever...right?

The Rescuers Down Under is an incredible movie. Yes, it didn't make any money lol, but you'll actually find that it's usually met universally with praise. It's praised so much, in fact, that it's the only to date canon Direct to Video sequel that Disney has ever produced.

As for Pocahontas... it would work well for a Kingdom hearts world I think. To be honest, I thought the movie was boring as hell, and as a kid I had to watch it ten times so I didn't fall asleep once, but as a Kingdom Hearts world I think it would work better. But, again, it's my opinion. (plus, Notre Dame came after that so I forgive the movie)

Awards

What other Disney movies involve a Holiday? (i.e. Halloween, Christmas) I can't think of anything of the top of my head. I'd really like to see a Christmas/Halloween world again. Though I think that I enjoyed Halloween Town/Christmas Town as much as I did because it was the Nightmare Before Christmas. There is at least one other movie for Halloween I'd be absolutely content with being done. But I can't think of anything for Christmas. Other than the movies that are made with Characters that's Christmas themed.

Princess and the Frog - Mardi Gras
Prince and the Pauper - Christmas (maybe... at least I remember it snowing)
Ichabod - Halloween
Mickey's Christmas Carol

Disney doesn't like to put holidays in their films, probably because they want them to be enjoyed all over the world and to be applied to everyone. Holidays can be divisive.

Arcadia

If Pocahontas made it into this game, I would be so happy.

I remember some interview where Nomura or somebody (I'm really bad at remembering) mentioned that a lot of the games in KHIII had the benefit of the people who worked on the films helping with the game because they were focusing on some newer movies.

Well, Glen Keane is already helping out (with Tangled), so it's not too far a stretch to suppose he sneaked in another one of his films...Pocahontas.

Also, Pocahontas is one of only two 90s Renaissance films that has yet to make it into the games, the other being the commercial flop "The Rescuers Down Under" (I enjoyed it, but apparently theater audiences did not). It doesn't make sense for it to be left out forever...right?

idk, Im conflicted about Pocahontas.

Its a gorgeously stylized, with one of the most beautiful color palettes in an animated movie, but its also one of the most cringe-worthy sugarcoatings of an actual historical event that Disney's ever done. Mulan had the questionable benefit of being a legend that was likely based on a real life event, but the story of Pocahontas is well known and well documented and... yeah. It went absolutely nothing like what the film portrayed.

So, tbh, I dont want Pocahontas touched by people who may not understand or care about the issues surrounding this movie. Honestly, Disney has barely touched it since its release (and even worst direct-to-video sequel) for a good reason.

Rosebudx

Awards

idk, Im conflicted about Pocahontas.

Its a gorgeously stylized, with one of the most beautiful color palettes in an animated movie, but its also one of the most cringe-worthy sugarcoatings of an actual historical event that Disney's ever done. Mulan had the questionable benefit of being a legend that was likely based on a real life event, but the story of Pocahontas is well known and well documented and... yeah. It went absolutely nothing like what the film portrayed.

So, tbh, I dont want Pocahontas touched by people who may not understand or care about the issues surrounding this movie. Honestly, Disney has barely touched it since its release (and even worst direct-to-video sequel) for a good reason.

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree. My heart has warring factions regarding this film: the side that roots itself in reality and the side that says "But, but pretty colors, and leaves, and Meeko, and John Smith!" I wish there was some way for Disney and Squeenix to include it without further damaging the historical and cultural foundations of the tale, but I know that there likely isn't.

There's a reason why this movie isn't in my favorites, and why I consider it a partial crack dream in regards to its inclusion in KH.

Morgenstern

Awards

World or No World, I still like to see the phrase "Colors of the Wind" get referenced

namine_ftw

On a more serious note I'm hoping they try and incorporate old Disney live action films and series in some way. Mary Poppins also comes to mind. That movie has the added benefit of having it's own animated world. Donald and Goofy can only help Sora in the animated world because they turn into a normal domestic duck and dog respectfully when they go to London.

The Mary Poppins idea is awesome! I like the idea of using old live action movies. I'm hoping for Bedknobs and Broomsticks, myself. I loved that movie as a kid.

Awards

I was thinking about how, since we've seen Neverland, it would be nice to get to see Pixie Hollow, although I don't know how the story would fit since those are apparently set before Tink meets Peter Pan. It'd be cute to see everyone turn into tiny little fairies for it.

gibbs615

I wonder if those Square Enix-KH people in japan or wherever have been looking over the web and saw MY idea for Sofia the First to be in KH3? I REALLY hope so!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Where's the Disney's LOST world, amirite girls?

Forsaken Shadow

How have SE handled the announcement of worlds for previous games? One world per event? That makes no sense to me because if there are 20-22 worlds to be featured in KH3...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

How have SE handled the announcement of worlds for previous games? One world per event? That makes no sense to me because if there are 20-22 worlds to be featured in KH3...

No, they would mix having a trailer showing off a new world or two along with confirmed ones at an event which would then be featured in magazines the week following the event, and all later world reveals would happen in magazine features via V-Jump/Weekly Shounen Jump/Famitsu every month or so until another event where they'd show those revealed worlds in action and maybe show off another new one...so on and so forth until they had no more worlds and then it'd just be about promoting the game until release.

KH3 is the first time we've seen a world revealed like Tangled's world before.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

I would love to see Sora and the gang return to Radiant Garden and see it fully restored as the city of light, with Ansem the Wise finally confronting his Apprentices about his demise. I would also love to see Agrabah return as Aladdin: Prince of Thieves, Destiny Islands possibly serving as the tutorial world, the Realm of Darkness being a world again, Castle Oblivion turning into the Land of Departure and actually being a world instead of a tutorial space, Disney Castle maybe being overrun by darkness again, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Frozen, Treasure Planet, and Atlantis: The Lost Empire :D

Another idea: Maybe Sora will land in Atlantis to begin with and have Kida as a party member? Later he learns of Milo's arrival and has to stop [Clinton clone #3] from taking the cities lifeforce, while teaming up with Milo and everyone else to stop them on one of those fish vehicle things with Donald and Goofy. OR Sora has to go through the different journeys down into Atlantis with Milo's crew and eventually meets Kida, who eventually agrees to join Sora's party. However, she leaves when she learns of [Clinton clone #3]'s plan, and temporarily leaves his party while [Clinton clone #3] steals the cities lifeforce. Sora has to convince her to help them in their quest to gain back the cities lifeforce and, in turn, save the citizens lives and the worlds heart from being overrun by darkness.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

I would love to see Sora and the gang return to Radiant Garden and see it fully restored as the city of light, with Ansem the Wise finally confronting his Apprentices about his demise.
Destiny Islands possibly serving as the tutorial world, the Realm of Darkness being a world again, Castle Oblivion turning into the Land of Departure and actually being a world instead of a tutorial space, Disney Castle maybe being overrun by darkness again.

Love it!

Forsaken Shadow

Just a few scenarios that I came up with.

The Jungle Book
Boss: Shere Khan
Mid-boss: King Louie and his monkey minions
Form changes?: n/a
Party members: Mowgli/Baloo/Bagheera. Depends on the number of party members and the way they approach the story. Mowgli would seem to make the most sense, but Baloo and Bagheera could offer better fighting options (although this never stopped them from using Ariel as a party member.. maybe Mowgli could be magic based as well?)

Robin Hood
Boss: Prince John and Sir Hiss
Mid-boss: Sheriff + Trigger and Nutsy the vultures
Form changes?: This one is open to debate. Donald could be some kind of wild goose and Goofy could be a horse or something to that effect. As for Sora, maybe a fox or a cheetah?
Party members: Robin Hood, plus Little John as an assist member.

Toy Story
Boss: Sid
Mid-boss: Sid's dog? "The Claw"?
Form changes?: Sora could be something akin to a G.I. Joe action figure with joints and whatnot. Goofy could be a jack-in-the-box and Donald a plastic duck on wheels or something. The possibilities are endless.
Party members: Woody, as the entirety of the first movie is based on saving Buzz. Though Buzz would offer wonderful fighting potential as well with his laser and whatnot.

Brave
Boss: Queen Eleanor as a bear when she forgets who she is
Mid-boss: Mor'due. The two could be switched actually
Form changes?: N/a
Party member: Merida

Wreck-it-Ralph
Boss: King Candy
Mid-boss: N/a, just minigames at the other games
Party member: Ralph and Vanellope

Frozen
Boss: Hans and a heartless
Mid-boss: Uber powerful Elsa and the giant snow monster
Party member: Elsa

disney233

Awards

Just a few scenarios that I came up with.

The Jungle Book
Boss: Shere Khan
Mid-boss: King Louie and his monkey minions
Party members: Mowgli/Baloo/Bagheera. Depends on the number of party members and the way they approach the story. Mowgli would seem to make the most sense, but Baloo and Bagheera could offer better fighting options (although this never stopped them from using Ariel as a party member.. maybe Mowgli could be magic based as well?)

Robin Hood
Boss: Prince John and Sir Hiss
Mid-boss: Sheriff + Trigger and Nutsy the vultures
Form changes?: This one is open to debate. Donald could be some kind of wild goose and Goofy could be a horse or something to that effect. As for Sora, maybe a fox or a cheetah?
Party members: Robin Hood, plus Little John as an assist member.

Toy Story
Boss: Sid
Mid-boss: Sid's dog? "The Claw"?
Form changes?: Sora could be something akin to a G.I. Joe action figure with joints and whatnot. Goofy could be a jack-in-the-box and Donald a plastic duck on wheels or something. The possibilities are endless.
Party members: Woody, as the entirety of the first movie is based on saving Buzz. Though Buzz would offer wonderful fighting potential as well with his laser and whatnot.

Brave
Boss: Queen Eleanor as a bear when she forgets who she is
Mid-boss: Mor'due. The two could be switched actually
Party member: Merida

Wreck-it-Ralph
Boss: King Candy
Mid-boss: N/a, just minigames at the other games
Party member: Ralph and Vanellope

Frozen
Boss: Hans and a heartless
Mid-boss: Uber powerful Elsa and the giant snow monster
Party member: Elsa

I don't think Cid should be the final boss of the Toy Story world. Sora is possibly going to turn into a toy in the world. What I suggest is Mortimer Mouse(in toy form) is the final boss of the world. Taking place in the back of the moving truck.

And in Sugar Rush, there should be two scenarios during this fight. One for Sora's Story, and one for...Kairi's Story. While Sora, Donald, Goofy and Ralph takes of Turbo, Kairi and Lea fights alongside Calhoun and Felix to fight against a heartless and Cy-Bug boss.

Scorseselover

If they do bring back Aladdin, I seriously hope the fight with Jafar will be an improvement.

disney233

Awards

If they do bring back Aladdin, I seriously hope the fight with Jafar will be an improvement.

Um. He's good as dead. Seriously he's dead. He exploded, and his lamp melted. Pretty obvious he's not coming back. Plus he's been the final boss for almost EVERY GAME, we need a change in pace. Since the King of Thieves story ploy is left, we may not only explore Agrabah, but the cave of thieves, or...that place I forgot took place during the battle with Seluth.

Back