• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

That would be interesting but it would be jarring as well since the Tim Burton movie is live action and has a style that's drastically different. But who knows should Wonderland appear again the team behind KH3 can think of something.

Don't be ruling out live action films just yet. Pirates of the Caribbean was jarring but the new Kingdom Shader in KH3 is supposed to act as a natural blender and allow SDG to fit into the settings artistically. Seeing the newer Alice in Wonderland might just be a potential way to showcase this.
I'm terrified it'll be horrible like before, but I suppose its worth something if they put live action in and use it well.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Don't be ruling out live action films just yet. Pirates of the Caribbean was jarring but the new Kingdom Shader in KH3 is supposed to act as a natural blender and allow SDG to fit into the settings artistically. Seeing the newer Alice in Wonderland might just be a potential way to showcase this.
I'm terrified it'll be horrible like before, but I suppose its worth something if they put live action in and use it well.

Yeah, here's hoping to that they don't screw it up.

BlazeHeatnix

Here's a list of worlds we almost certainly can expect from KH3. KH2 had a total of 14 playable worlds, and KH3 should at the very least meet that number.

---

1. Twilight Town. Shown in both the E3 2013 and D23 Expo trailers.

2. Olympus Coliseum. Shown in the D23 Expo trailer, and it just wouldn't be KH without it.

3. The Jungle Book. Planned for BBS, but scrapped. Similar to Prankster's Paradise, it may be repurposed for a future game, ie KH3.

4. Sword in the Stone. Same as above.

5. Radiant Garden. That's where Lea went, and Sora will have to go there eventually to talk with him I imagine. It's also a major world in general, and no RG means no FF characters.

6. Port Royal. Tons of potential considering the sequels, and it was implied at the end of the second visit in KH2 that they'd return eventually.

7. Toy Story. "Andy's House." Again, lots of potential, and fans have been begging for Pixar worlds for a while. Woody & Buzz were going to be summons for KH2FM, so it's clear they're planning on doing something with it.

8. Marvel. "Asgard". Perfect for a Marvel world to tie into the films, while at the same time not being set in real-world locales.

9. Star Wars. Not sure about the setting for this one, but it will most likely be the prequels rather than the OT. Fighting droids rather than stormtroopers sounds more attractive from Disney's point of view, since they're robots and not living beings. However, Lucasfilm was acquired AFTER KH3 was announced, so we may get a summon rather than a world.

10. Keyblade Graveyard. A given, considering it's a major plot point.

11. Castle Oblivion. Same as above. May in fact be the last world visited if the above isn't.

12. Destiny Islands. Will definitely be in cutscenes, but maybe we'll actually get to visit the main island for once? Of course this raises the question of Sora talking to his parents, which may be a little weird for some people.

13. Pride Lands. Considering Nala already talked about Simba's daughter, it would make sense to go back for a plot involving Lion King 2.

14. 100 Acre Wood. Wouldn't be KH without it.

---

Now here's what we MIGHT see, to fill the gap of possible Disney-themed worlds. Note that I'm only naming stuff that has potential as playable worlds, with enough areas to explore and a potential boss.

---

1. Monsters Inc. The entire "doors" theme opening up to different areas is a great gameplay concept, kinda like Timeless River.

2. Finding Nemo. Would give Sora an excuse to be a merman again, and both Bruce and the anglerfish are prime boss candidates.

3. The Incredibles. It's just too obvious and it would be a great way to promote The Incredibles 2.

4. Treasure Planet. If Port Royal doesn't work out, this would be an excellent alternative.

5. Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Enough potential to be a playable world, definitely.

6. The Princess and the Frog. Same as above.

7. Wreck-It Ralph. Same as above.

I may be missing some, but I fear anything else either wouldn't work well (Robin Hood, Frozen) or be too controversial (Pocahontas). Either way, if you think about it, after KH3 we'll be running low on worlds to explore.

Kaijuguy19

That's true but how will the game explain why Alice and Wonderland went from being the 1951 cartoon into the 2010 Live action movie by Tim Burton? The only way I can see that happening if it's actually an alternate Wonderland universe Sora and the others discovered. Come to think of it should they also include the other live action Disney adaptations into future KH games they can make it so that they're actually from a pocket dimension that features alternate Disney universes.

Scorseselover

You know how cool would it be if Maleficent meets her Angelina Jolie counterpart?

Anagram

Banned

I'd like it only if she utterly destroys the Jolie counterpart. lol

Scorseselover

How funny would it be if there's a Muppets world? Who wouldn't want to fight as muppet Sora? XD

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

How funny would it be if there's a Muppets world? Who wouldn't want to fight as muppet Sora? XD

Oh, God... :X I just got a weird mental image of Muppet Sora, Donald, and Goofy... D: They looked SO weird in my head, haha! xD

But what exactly would be Muppet World's plot? I haven't seen any of the movies, so I wouldn't know. The only thing Muppets related I've seen are the baby cartoons and the Kermit memes, lol. x)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Well, if they wanted to go with the plots of the movies; You could have the Muppets trying to put on a show and it getting ruined by Heartless/the Org for some reason, and you got to clean up the mess so they could put on that show.

Oh and since there are regular humans in the movies, Sora wouldn't have to transform. Not really. (So okay, Muppets were one of the things I was raised on.)

Scorseselover

You could also have The Muppets break the fourth wall occasionally

Scorseselover

It would be cool if Chris Cooper from that movie is working with the Heartless.

BlazeHeatnix

Oh, God... :X I just got a weird mental image of Muppet Sora, Donald, and Goofy... D: They looked SO weird in my head, haha! xD

But what exactly would be Muppet World's plot? I haven't seen any of the movies, so I wouldn't know. The only thing Muppets related I've seen are the baby cartoons and the Kermit memes, lol. x)

Perhaps the muppets could replace the 100 Acre Wood? Just be a peaceful area Sora plays minigames in.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Perhaps the muppets could replace the 100 Acre Wood? Just be a peaceful area Sora plays minigames in.
The Muppets would make an excellent minigame world. You can't have a serious narrative involving the organization with muppets. So a fun, goofy, lighthearted minigame Muppet world would be perfect.

The next question is what minigames should there be?

BlazeHeatnix

The Muppets would make an excellent minigame world. You can't have a serious narrative involving the organization with muppets. So a fun, goofy, lighthearted minigame Muppet world would be perfect.

The next question is what minigames should there be?

Sora playing banjo with Kermit, plays like Guitar Hero? Maybe a cooking-themed one for Swedish Chef?

Scorseselover

I would like to see some minigames in The Muppets world, but replacing the 100 Acre Wood? Hell to the no!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

That's true but how will the game explain why Alice and Wonderland went from being the 1951 cartoon into the 2010 Live action movie by Tim Burton? The only way I can see that happening if it's actually an alternate Wonderland universe Sora and the others discovered.
Been thinking about Wonderland lately and there's one other way on how we could have both Wonderlands.
In the original Wonderland world, there's walls...everywhere. It's a building! Why not have the Tim Burton version outside those walls?
It could work something like old Wonderland is being attacked from the outside by the Jabberwock or whatever, destroying a wall. And from there Sora and friends venture into Underland.

PaopuDreams

I really would LOVE to see a Pocahontas world, and I truly don't understand why there hasn't been a world already for it! It's such a Disney classic and would be such a beautiful world to immerse in! Anyone else agree with me here? I feel like nobody has mentioned it yet and it baffles me o__O

BlazeHeatnix

I really would LOVE to see a Pocahontas world, and I truly don't understand why there hasn't been a world already for it! It's such a Disney classic and would be such a beautiful world to immerse in! Anyone else agree with me here? I feel like nobody has mentioned it yet and it baffles me o__O

Pocahontas is the second most controversial film Disney's ever made next to Song of the South. It's something they want to kinda sweep under the rug and pretend never happened.

Back