• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

So sad. With Tron 3 being cancelled looks like the Grid will never be in another KH game. Damn you Disney for getting my hopes up. Funny thing is I've been replaying 3D over the last week.

[video=youtube;06SOuyfEvqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06SOuyfEvqg[/video]

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I know. I want another visit to tron's realm, hopefully an original story can be done like with the nightmare before Christmas or Olympus coliseum but I doubt it would be greenlit unless it contributed to the story or had a movie to accompany it.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

^ The problem is that they only do original stories before they do the actual plot of the movie. ex. Atlantica, Halloweentown, Monstro, Deep Space. It's the reason why they've been able to use Olympus Coliseum for so long. 3D covered all there is to cover from Legacy so I don't know what else they could do with the Grid unless they based it on the show.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Sora needs to see Tron, to see him normal again, to see that he has developed a heart. That simply cannot be something that shall be completely ignored.

Kaijuguy19

Hearing about what happened with Tron 3 really makes the fact that we may not the grid again for a long time even more tragic. :(

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

they can do a lot with the tron IP in kingdom hearts, loosly adapt it on the show taking place after The Grid, instead of having tron slowly turn into rinzler, have him struggle turning back and have him gain a heart, or stay rinzler and have beck become tron. and if the tron sora knows is a copy of the original in DDD, perhaps they can say beck was already the new tron who was turned into rinzler by clu in the dream world? or maybe beck is kh2 tron? maybe it is all in the same timeline and the space paranoids were dropped in the RoS affter CLU came? this is hurting my head.

BlazeHeatnix

^^^ Tarzan 2 would have been genius in BbS, but they can use the animated series plots in KH3. But that would be spectacular: Deep Jungle making a return on the final game.

One thing they could do is bring back The Jungle Book since it was a planned world to begin with, and have Sora mention it reminds him of Tarzan.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Frozen world. Not because I like Frozen, it's because I want to see how it goes and how the main protagonists will interact with the Frozen protagonists.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

One thing they could do is bring back The Jungle Book since it was a planned world to begin with, and have Sora mention it reminds him of Tarzan.

Yeah. I can picture something along the lines of:

Sora: Woah! We're in a jungle guys!
Goofy: Uh-huh.
Donald: What's so special about being in a jungle?
Sora: It means we can meet Tarzan again!
*Sora meets with the residents of the Jungle Book World, but to his deception, Tarzan does not reside this world*

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah. I can picture something along the lines of:

Sora: Woah! We're in a jungle guys!
Goofy: Uh-huh.
Donald: What's so special about being in a jungle?
Sora: It means we can meet Tarzan again!
*Sora meets with the residents of the Jungle Book World, but to his deception, Tarzan does not reside this world*
Are you sure they're allowed to mention Tarzan? Disney doesn't really own the rights to Tarzan anymore.

Awards

KHInsider Discussion on Tarzan in 2005
KH13 Discussion of Tarzan in 2014
Most recent Tarzan Lawsuit
Everyone seems to have their own opinion but I couldn't find any official article talking anything about Disney losing rights to Tarzan. Especially since it is there own version of Tarzan, I mean Tarzan's been in both DC and Marvel comics. He's a publicly free to use character. Disney must have made the call on canning him.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Everyone seems to have their own opinion but I couldn't find any official article talking anything about Disney losing rights to Tarzan. Especially since it is there own version of Tarzan, I mean Tarzan's been in both DC and Marvel comics. He's a publicly free to use character. Disney must have made the call on canning him.
If that is so, then why was the Tarzan franchise discontinued in the Kingdom Hearts series?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That does not negate the power that Edgar Rice Burroughs Inc. has over the use of Tarzan. It is part of the public domain, but they have the power to approve and veto use of both the characters and stories of Tarzan and get royalties from its use. This is why you see them credited in the opening part of KH1's 1.5 rerelease. It is owned and used by permission.

Disney must ask ERB Inc. every time they wish to use the Tarzan property.

If that is so, then why was the Tarzan franchise discontinued in the Kingdom Hearts series?

1) Possibly legal issues because this was during a period where Tarzan entered public domain for free use and EBR was fighting to regain control by making it a trademark rather than a copyright
2) Disney probably didn't want to pay royalties
3) Disney really didn't want to pay royalties

Last edited:

Kaijuguy19

Unlikely as this sounds I'd like to see Wonderland again since there were areas and characters we weren't able to visit from the 1951 movie in the first KH game like the Hatter and March Hare not to mention it would be cool that since KH3 is the end of the current saga it would make sense if we were able to see Alice again since she along with the other 6 princesses is one of the Princesses of Light.

Awards

Unlikely as this sounds I'd like to see Wonderland again since there were areas and characters we weren't able to visit from the 1951 movie in the first KH game like the Hatter and March Hare not to mention it would be cool that since KH3 is the end of the current saga it would make sense if we were able to see Alice again since she along with the other 6 princesses is one of the Princesses of Light.

That has traditionally been my least favorite world. I just hate the music so much. I also hated exploring that world. Ironically I liked the original book, and the new movie, and the Looking Glass Wars series but I was never a fan of it in KH. Never want to see it again. I might be in the minority though.

disney233

Awards

I wouldn't mind the 2010 version, though.

Kaijuguy19

I wouldn't mind the 2010 version, though.

That would be interesting but it would be jarring as well since the Tim Burton movie is live action and has a style that's drastically different. But who knows should Wonderland appear again the team behind KH3 can think of something.

Scorseselover

If they add a Phineas and Ferb world I wonder if there's a mission where you have to fight every heartless under a time limit or else Candace shows their mom what's happening.

Back