• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Scorseselover

Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

That's been bothering me for quite some time now. Her not even having a boss battle cemented the fact that she was completely worthless in Kingdom Hearts II aside from delivering one hell of an evil laugh in Disney Castle and helping Sora and co. escape at the halfway point of the game in Hollow Bastion.
Maybe they knew that so many people already had enough trouble fighting her in KH1 they decided to give them a break

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

After Sora defeated her in her normal form, and dragon form back as a rookie Keyblade Wielder in the original KH, he would have made a jester out of her if he had confronted Maleficent, specially how she was just revived.

That and they would have needed to think about another way to revive her again if she was fought in KH 2 as well and lost again.
That Maleficent was indeed woefully short of resources and manpower during KH 2 can explain her diminished role at least partly, but the major issue was really the subpar writing concerning her story arc and the fact that they choose to portray Pete in his bumbling idiot persona. The ruthless criminal persona he has in many of the comics would have fit better with Maleficent's character.

People had trouble fighting her...??

The dragon form could be pretty nasty for some people...;P

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

I definitely do not want to go back to all of the PoH world. You could just get the Princess from their worlds offscreen. Having all seven of the worlds included will just take up space from newer disney worlds. The only PoH worlds I'm interesten in are Agrabah and Hollow Bastion

I agree. Although I would like to see Agrabah come back so they can finish out the Aladdin trilogy and do King of Thieves, there's not really much left they can do with Dwarf Woodlands, Enchanted Dominion, and Beast's Castle. As for Castle of Dreams and Wonderland, I guess you could do some more with those worlds (e.g. they could use the plot of Cinderella III for CoD, while there are still some more elements from Alice in Wonderland that they have yet to use), but I still am not interested in seeing those worlds come back.

Now, I think we can expect there to be around 20 playable worlds in KHIII, and if that's the case, we still do have room for new Disney Worlds. However, if we do end up going back to all of the PoH worlds, I think they along with the practically confirmed Olympus Coliseum will fill the slots for returning Disney worlds, unfortunately. I hope to god that this isn't the case, though, as I would much rather see the return of Port Royal, Pride Lands, La Cite Des Cloches, 100 Acre Wood, etc.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

That and they would have needed to think about another way to revive her again if she was fought in KH 2 as well and lost again.
To be honest they can have Maleficent fight Sora and they can end the battle without having her die. She was just defeated and she decided to retreat, or Sora had to attend something sudden.

That Maleficent was indeed woefully short of resources and manpower during KH 2 can explain her diminished role at least partly, but the major issue was really the subpar writing concerning her story arc and the fact that they choose to portray Pete in his bumbling idiot persona.
Yeah. I think they wanted to revive Maleficent to have her add drama to the game, but failed in successfully delivering that (even in the presentation: "DERR HERR Maleficent is back because we remembered her, HERP A DERP").

The ruthless criminal persona he has in many of the comics would have fit better with Maleficent's character.
That can work. Ruthless Pete can complement Maleficent, seeing as how they're both evil, but Maleficent is more calm and collected (when things go her way), while Pete is more of a hothead.

Anagram

Banned

The third movie is the only way I'd want to go back to the overused world of Aladdin. That or if they use some of the actually enjoyable tv series.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

The third movie is the only way I'd want to go back to the overused world of Aladdin. That or if they use some of the actually enjoyable tv series.

Square will eventually have to use animated series episodes in order to sustain the plot of Disney worlds that have a movie and an animated series.

Anagram

Banned

Square will eventually have to use animated series episodes in order to sustain the plot of Disney worlds that have a movie and an animated series.

They should've been using them already. Aladdin had a good series.

Anagram

Banned

Hopefully they'll use the third movie or series given that Jafar blew up. I dont want another random revival like Ursula that goes unexplained.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

They should've been using them already. Aladdin had a good series.
That was a good series. During my elementary years I would watch an episode every morning. Shame they can't ever use Deep Jungle because Tarzan also had a good series to use for some KH ideas.

Scorseselover

If they do reference the third movie, I hope John Rhys Davies is in it

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

That was a good series. During my elementary years I would watch an episode every morning. Shame they can't ever use Deep Jungle because Tarzan also had a good series to use for some KH ideas.

I wonder if some day Disney can get into an agreement with the owners of Tarzan.

disney233

Awards

After dealing with Deep Jungle so many times, and so much backtrack as well as.........Clayton.....I'm kinda happy Disney lost their rights to Tarzan.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

After dealing with Deep Jungle so many times, and so much backtrack as well as.........Clayton.....I'm kinda happy Disney lost their rights to Tarzan.

It would have been awesome to visit Deep Jungle during Birth by Sleep and see baby Tarzan. :3

How many worlds does anyone think KH3 will feature? Will it have more worlds than KH2?

Scorseselover

It would have been awesome to visit Deep Jungle during Birth by Sleep and see baby Tarzan. :3

How many worlds does anyone think KH3 will feature? Will it have more worlds than KH2?
With all the new Disney movies we've been getting, certain properties Disney bought, I'd say yes.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

More than likely KH3 will have the most worlds of the series.

WhinyAcademic

Awards

The problem with having a ton of worlds is the threat of filler. What are we getting out of each world? What lesson is the character learning? Sora shouldn't have to be reduced to a supporting character while the main hero lives out their movie (Mulan, Simba, Jack and Will, etc). Each visit to each world should really mean something. I think the two games that handled this the best were KH1 and BBS.

In KH1, each world had something important to contribute. Besides the Keyholes, visits otherwise focused on defeating a member of Maleficent's cabal, encountering Riku, or the kidnapping of the remaining Princesses of Heart. The only filler was 100 Acre Wood, and would you want to leave poor old Pooh all alone, when he lamented being lonely and wondering what disappearing would be like?

In BBS, the Princess worlds adapted their movie's plots, yes, but the visits to each world largely focused on what the character was going through. Terra looking for true strength, Aqua worrying over her friends, Ventus looking for friendship and adventure, etc etc. Each world was a backdrop for the character in question's arc and contributed to it, for the most part.

While I do believe KH3 will have a ton of worlds, I hope that each visit really means something. That we learn something from each world, or that something significant happens in each world with maybe one or two at the most worlds being filler.

It would be interesting to see how the worlds react to Xehanort's threat. For example, would Emperor Palpatine decide to butt heads with Master Xehanort? Or forge a tedious alliance that both old geezers plan to eventually go back on? Elsa is for all intents and purposes a goddess, would Xehanort target her to make her a Seeker of Darkness or at least turn her into a Heartless and Nobody? Would Wolverine be sought out as a bodyguard for the Princesses of Heart by Yen Sid?

What if Xehanort begins competing with Maleficent for Disney Villains? What if Xehanort intends to recruit Disney Villains and their forces to have at his disposal in the final battle?

There's so much that can be done with this universe and the vast library of properties Disney has, bolstered in recent years by their acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars. Hopefully the worlds chosen truly serve a purpose, and are relevant to the overall story somehow.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I don't think the Disney characters will be brought into the main plot besides having the Seekers of Darkness interact with their worlds one way, or another.

Tukimice

My List is:
Tangled (2010), because it would be a perfect place to Sora learn the Heal skill and the story could be about someone that wants something so bad to itself that get corrupted by the darkness (like rapunzel's mother who was obcessed of being immortal and young forever that kidnap a kid and make her stay in the tower forever)

Wreck-It Ralph (2012) - This is a great movie that included too many funny features and i think the point is: No one wanna winnie the poo again as the minigame world. Come on, winnie the poo must me the most boring world of all time, even Atalantica in Kingdom Hearts 2 was more fun. Since they will present the keyblades tranformation into cars it would be the perfect place to do a sugar rush competition. Also the whole movie is about the friendship between ralph and the Glitch and also Ralph trying to become a good guy (who could be easly related to Riku)

Frozen (2013) - Let it goo, let it gooo! Well, another perfect place to learn new skills. Sora could come to this world and learn blizard thanks to the events. I think he could enter the world when Elsa was leaving and he sees Ana trying to go with her then Sora apears and say something like "I'm going too, i will help you" just because the movie is not related in the Perfect Boyfriend and the Perfect Girlfriend Love and about friendship.

Marvel's Big Hero 6 (2014) - I think when you talk about technologies the movie is perfect, also to introduce the transforming Keyblades as some new mechanic stuff. There we could have a deep story (Spoiler alert, jump to the next movie if you never sawed the movie), in the movie when the main character brother dies he left a little robot that's his only "physical memory" that he has from his brother and that's the moment where we could get more involved into Xion History and learn that besides the death everyone still alive because of the memories that people keep from them.

Toy Story (1995) - I'm waiting this since soo many time. Toy Story was a great movie about 2 toys that wanted to return home but find some problems, in the movie Woody and Buzz started as a kind of Enemies but then later they become best friends and we could see a friendship message here like "friend don't give up from each others and they go to the infinite and further (sorry if its bad translated but that's what buzz says in my language) for their friends"

Brave (2012) - This could be a good world to show Sora or any other member the Bravery of Merida, that goes and fight for her ideals and when she fails she tries to fix what she done and it would be perfect to show stuff like "There's no problems in failing sometimes, you just need to keep trying and fix those problems"

Lilo & Stitch (2002) - I've got soo disapointed with this world in Kingdom Hearts BbS, it is just like the Prologue of the movie. After this Stitch escapes and find Sora later on the game. I think Stitch could go "Home" and find Lilo, then Jumba experiences start becoming into heartlesses and you have to stop Ganto from using that power to get revenge.

Gravity Falls (2012) - It's freaking gravity falls, the best show of all time in my opinion, it has mystery, drama, comedy and everything that a show needs. I think this could be a "optional/spin off" level where you could find Dipper and Mabel and then heartless's start apearing in the Town and they start thinking that is a mystery and can't be solves with their Journal so they found Sora and use Jiminy's Journal to know more about the creatures and try to put an end to them.

Back