• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

redtutel

Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

There's always DDDHD.

Anyway, I have come to a semi-horrifying realization: THE STAR WARS WORLD MUST BE NABOO FROM PHANTOM MENACE.

SW in KH is happening, it just is. Square's been ripping it off over & over from Day 1, of course they're gonna jump at the chance to have the genuine article. But what I 've been struggling to figure out is which world would be the SW world. My gut instinct was to start with A New Hope. It is afterall the 1st movie & the most iconic. Would make the most sense for KH to start there, right?

Option A: The Death Star. At 1st glance this would seem the logical choice. Iconic scenes, multiple different rooms to fill out the world, Darth Vader showdown, the trash compactor monster, & the epic space battle at the end. Everything needed to make a great world. But there is a huge critical issue: The Death Star would have to be destroyed at the end of the world's story, meaning players can't explore it & get missed chests afterwards. It's extremely unlikely they would put in a disney world that'd cease to be explorable & you just can't have a Death Star & NOT blow it up at the end, so this is a no go.

Option B: Tatooine. Definitely enough locations to work with (Luke's farm, Obi Wan's home, Tusken Raider territory, Sand Crawler, Mos Eisley with streets, Cantina & starport) but it'd very anti-climatic without the player going to the Death Star which repeats the above problem.

So New Hope is a dead end & it'd make no sense to have the 1st SW world to appear in the KH series be the middle or end of a trilogy (although Endor theoretically could work), thus we kinda have to look to the other 1st films in trilogies.

Option C: The Force Awakens. Well I don't know nearly enough about what's gonna happen to gauge how well it can be adapted. Square could certainly get access to scripts, concept art & raw footage early enough to make it feasible. However it's still the issue that applies to ESB & RotJ: it's too far deep into the film series to work as a starting point for KH. Imagine if Pride Lands in KH2 was based on Lion King 2 instead of the 1st one? Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, right? Thus at this point we must go in the opposite direction...

Option D: Naboo from Phantom Menace.

Okay I know what you're thinking, SW in KH3 at all is controversial enough as it is, why make it even more so by adapting what is easily the worse film in the whole franchise? Well the simple truth is It doesn't matter whether a movie is good or bad. What matter is what it contributes as a video game level.

In theory an utterly terrible movie in a KH game is fully justifiable if adds a lot to gameplay. For example PotC At World's End is completely nonsensical as a movie but damn if the prospect of that final battle with Davy Jones in KH isn't intriguing.

-Phantom Menace had more action focused on a single planet than any other film in the series. Aside from the podrace sequence (which granted Square is probably chomping at the bit to make into a mini-game), the film's entire conflict is on 1 world which is unique to the SW films & easier to make fit into a single KH world.

-The interior of the Trade Federation control ship is a far more negligible area than the entirety of the Death Star, making this a better suited target for the epic space battle finale.

-The variety of locations is IMMENSE. The forest the jedi land in, the underwater gungan city, grassy battlefield, the capitol city of Theed (I remember that name but not what the trash compactor monster was called. I should just turn in my nerd card right now), the royal palace that had multiple areas including scaling the palace walls which would be a great opportunity for flowmotion usage, & wherever the hell the Darth Maul duel took place. There's so many places even the Lego SW video game didn't use all of them.

-Speaking of which, Darth Maul himself. I'll be perfectly frank here: Vader would very likely suck as a boss. He's slower than 2.5's load times. Maul would have all of Vader's force powers plus the speed & agility necessary to make a bossfight, ya know, exciting.

Option E: Ok so maybe instead of the Death Star blowing up completely, it simply gets disabled by Luke's torpedoes. Does that work?

Alternatively, how about Lothal from Star Wars Rebels? It cover a good deal of areas, most of the story of the show takes place there and Rebels is the first thing Star Wats related to be realiced in the Disney name. It could be based off of the season 1 finale, since Ezra will have his lightsaber and you could fight the Inquisitor.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Alternatively, how about Lothal from Star Wars Rebels? It cover a good deal of areas, most of the story of the show takes place there and Rebels is the first thing Star Wats related to be realiced in the Disney name. It could be based off of the season 1 finale, since Ezra will have his lightsaber and you could fight the Inquisitor.

I highly doubt the 1st SW Sqaure will go for would be a tv show that's probably not even airing in Japan yet over any of the movies.

Especially when Disney TV worlds in general aren't yet a thing in KH.

Neo_

Awards

I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't want to see any Star Wars/Marvel/Muppet representation in the game. Just FF/Disney has a certain kind of class to it, a quality kind of appeal. The number one world I want to see in Kingdom Hearts III is Robin Hood, which absurdly isn't even show in that picture ITeM21 posted.

I am definitely a fan of Pixar, and it's unfortunate that the company's worlds are being OK'd so late in the series' life, but the one thing I don't want is the game being dominated by Pixar worlds. I think two worlds is a good point, three would be pushing it. To me Toy Story is the obvious choice, but choosing that second world is a little more difficult. I think Finding Nemo would provide a great atmosphere and would be a really good choice, The Incredibles would be solid and Monster's Inc. and A Bug's Life would be good. Since there's so many good worlds I would stretch to picking three, and those would be Toy Story, Finding Nemo and A Bug's Life.

Now more about the Star Wars/Marvel/Muppet thing: something I wouldn't mind would be an easter egg or small reference to any of those franchises. Something I sent to Square on that IGN survey was an idea of maybe a secret Boba Fett boss battle, or maybe a Kermit the Frog doll in Andy's room.

Goron Link

I'm don't particularly like the thought of Star Wars and Marvel appearing in KHIII although that's partly because I didn't enjoy the Pirates of the Caribbean world. But, like other people have said, I'd be happy if they included a few easter eggs here and there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Regardless what they did or said with TV shows so far in KH, Star Wars Rebels does have quite the chance to be included simply because it is Disney's new baby and they're eager to spread its influence and awareness of it.
Just like Disney used the summon to promote Chicken Little, its entirely possible they will also use a world based on Star Wars Rebels to promote the series as well.
Who knows, maybe they'll also be satisfied with a summon again like i.e. that Sora can summon Ezra who can either blast enemies apart or slash them with his lightsaber as Ezra's weapon is a unique Lightsaber/blaster hybrid.
They could also do a gummi mission featuring Star Wars were you have to fight TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors instead of the usual gummi enemies, with the Stage boss being an Imperial Star Destroyer.

WhinyAcademic

Awards

@Matgsy, I never considered the Death Star being destroyed. How about having the chests in the Death Star just stuck in very obvious places the player couldn't miss? And before the final battle, have Luke or someone warn Sora, "this could be your last time in here, so stock up/scrounge what you can before we take off." Then destroy the place. I always figured a Star Wars world would adapt A New Hope. If they visit the place multiple times, they could adapt all three of the original trilogy, though that's a lot of one world for the game.

I would love to fight Darth Maul, the Inquisitor, Boba Fett, Savage Opress, and Cad Bane, though. Fighting Sidious would be a real treat, even if Xemnas was pretty close in KHFM.

Anagram

Banned

I'd rather Star Wars stay to itself as well. From what I can tell Kh adapts everything into it's own mythos so just the idea of trying to explain the force in the KHverse would be a headache in of itself.

WhinyAcademic

Awards

I'd rather Star Wars stay to itself as well. From what I can tell Kh adapts everything into it's own mythos so just the idea of trying to explain the force in the KHverse would be a headache in of itself.

No, it wouldn't. It was easy enough to understand in the original trilogy before the prequel trilogy removed its' mystique with those midichlorians.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

@Matgsy, I never considered the Death Star being destroyed. How about having the chests in the Death Star just stuck in very obvious places the player couldn't miss?
Somebody would still miss them & complain about it online. & even if there were no chests or other collectables at all, it's not like the KH series to render a Disney world unvisitable after the completion of it's story. They should still be explorable on general principal.

Anagram

Banned

No, it wouldn't. It was easy enough to understand in the original trilogy before the prequel trilogy removed its' mystique with those midichlorians.

Yes it would. Just trying to explain the force within the KH-verse alone would be a headache. (and that's without adding all the mido-whateverthey're called)
Star Wars takes place over an entire galaxy with world destroying artificial moons. Kinda hard to confine/adapt that without leaving out something that would anger the SW fans.

Remember, KH just doesn't copy & paste something it adapts it to it's own universe. That's why all the FF and TWEWY cameos are altered versions.

EDIT:
On second though, with the whole entire galaxy stuff in mind, would it annoy any SW fans to see it skimmed down or stuff skimmed over to fit it into KH?
No fan myself so I wouldn't mind either way but curious.

Last edited:

The Dark Mamba

Awards

With a live action Mulan on the way, I eventually wanna see a KH game with only live action versions of the animated movies. By 2020 we could have

Wonderland
Enchanted Dominion
Castle of Dreams
Beast's Castle
Land of Dragons
Agrabah (it's only a matter of time before they announce the live action Aladdin).

And there's the possibility of Dumbo and Jungle Book if those worlds are in KH3.

Last edited:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

I'd be happy with the following list.

Toy story
Monsters inc.
frozen
One overall marvel themed world
Star Wars (capitalizing on the original trilogy)
Agrabah (using the 3rd movie)
Realm of darkness (particularly that beach world seen in many cutscenes)
A third "T" town to go with traverse and twilight
Big hero 6

KHHacker6595

Please no Star Wars and Marvel. The beauty of Kingdom Hearts in the first place was Disney Animation (our childhood) and Square (our adolescence) balancing each other to create a nostalgic and rewarding experience. I like Star Wars and Marvel, big fan of both properties, but they don't need to work their way into Kingdom Hearts, it honestly would not work.

I feel the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts need to go back to their roots. The first KH game had a perfect balance of Disney worlds. Classics like 'Alice In Wonderland' and 'Peter Pan' as well as for the time newer Disney films like 'Hercules' and 'Tarzan', and the odd ball, out of left field choice, 'A Nightmare Before Christmas'. There were 9 Disney worlds in the first KH game and I think 9 or 10 is a good solid number. There is still a wealth of classic Disney films to choose from, and skipping over them in favor for newer more well known films is not the best route in my opinion. Have more classic/older Disney films like 'The Black Cauldron', 'The Jungle Book', and 'Robin Hood', as well as some relatively newer films like 'The Princess And The Frog', 'Frozen', and 'Atlantis: The Lost Empire'. I'm all for Pixar, but It should be limited to only a couple, I'd say 'Toy Story' and 'Monsters Inc.' would work the best and provide interesting settings and themes that would relate well to the overall main plot. The concept of doors in 'Monsters Inc' relates really well to themes in KH, so its an almost obvious choice. 'Atlantis' also has a concept in its film of the heart of city, or the heart of Atlantis, this is another obvious connection that could benefit well into the KH series. Returning worlds like Agrabah and Olympus Coliseum are just staples of the series at this point, and the 3rd Aladdin film could provide some interesting change of pace for the world.

The worlds need to feel diverse, unlike in KH2 were they just felt like rooms with different textures. The worlds need to feel alive and welcome a sense of exploration and adventure. This is something that has been lacking from the series as of late. Platforming and Puzzles should make a return to the series but should be heavily improved on from past entries, these small things give the worlds a sense of scope, and make them feel bigger whether they are big or not. Each world should feel unique.

Frozen (obviously a snow and ice themed world, something that we don't see much of in the series)
The Princess And The Frog (swampy 19th century southern american environments)
The Black Cauldron (medieval dark crumbling castles and dense wilderness)
The Jungle Book (colorful Indian Jungles and ruins)
Toy Story (scaled up every day household areas with unique platforming)
Monsters Inc. (Industrial sci-fi, vast and large)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (aquatic bright city environments)
Robin Hood (European forest and towns)

All of these provide something different and unique while keeping a good balance with the Disney properties. I'm not choosing which worlds would necessarily be my favorites, but the ones I feel would provide the most benefits to the game in terms of story, themes, and level design.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

The only Marvel I want to see is Big Hero 6.

Also I'd have to check, but there's a good chance that neither Star Wars nor the main Marvel universe will make it this time. I think with the video game rights, there may be a snarl there. (I forget who has what but I don't think Disney has the video game rights for those two franchises. EA I think for Star Wars? Forget who for Marvel?)

I could be wrong but if I'm right, they may not b/c of the hassle. I know they didn't include Tarzan b/c of rights problems, this could be the same deal b/c of the video game rights.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

if marvel or lucasarts films are announced as worlds i'd hold my breath until i saw screens.

DoctahFaz

Awards

I'm all for embracing older films than going the newer route, with the exception of a few like Frozen simply because of its astronomical success and widespread appeal.

Wish List:

New worlds: Pocahontas, Atlantis, Toy Story, Frozen, Jungle Book, maybe Monsters Inc.
Returning worlds: Agrabah, Port Royal, The Grid, Radiant Garden, Twilight Town, Keyblade Graveyard

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Toy story, frozen, wreck it Ralph, the grid, Olympus coliseum, and Tokyo (twewy). I also really want spectrobes in the game but not as a world, maybe run into them during space travel? as for kh original worlds, I want radiant garden in it's glory ft. hollow bastion, twilight town, destiny island, land of departure, cable town and a new final world. of course the 3rd party worlds are lacking but those are what sounded good in my head.

Anagram

Banned

The only Marvel I want to see is Big Hero 6.

I think that's the only Marvel what would work since the movie is basically just a Disney version of it like the other movies are of fairy tales.

I also think the games could benefit from some old disney animated stuff like some plots or villains from the series' of Aladdin or Aladdin's third movie.
Gargoyles would also be so damn perfect that it's outright sad we'll likely never see it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

and then BOOM

gargoyles reveal

Denne

I would like to se The Sword in the stone, Pochahontas, The adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, more of The hunchback from Notre Dame, 101 dalmatians and Dumbo.

Back