• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

As long as you give reasonable explanations for why you want those shorts, and how they can fit into Kingdom Hearts effectively, then you don't need to ask permission lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

A world based off the Silly Symphony shorts could work but which ones I would need Chaser, or Spockanorts permission to make the list of silly symphony shorts that could fit in that world.

I've been interested about Silly Symphonies being in the series myself. A lot of them are really creative and would make for a really interesting world. I figured a Silly Symphony world could be done in the style of Symphony of Sorcerey.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Top 10 Worlds That Should Be Visited In Kingdom Hearts III

According to Just Push Start, Kingdom Hearts III should include these worlds:

Wreck-it Ralph,
Duck Tales,
Darkwing Duck,
the Muppets,
the Sword in the Stone,
the Princess and the Frog,
the World Ends With You,
the Jungle Book,
Tangled,
Frozen,
and Toy Story.

What do you guys and girls believe? Do you share their thoughts? Do you think some of these worlds would make it to the actual game? Yes, no, maybe?

As to my personal thoughts:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

ok sunny

Awards
Re: Top 10 Worlds That Should Be Visited In Kingdom Hearts III

This list isn't too bad, plus it gives more world options for later games. But I'm just wondering if Darkwing Duck and the Duck Tales would be included in the same world, because I'm not sure if they each take place in a different Universe.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Wreck-It Ralph wouldn't feel the same without references to other games, so it's 100% ready to fit in with KH, where it will be completely empty.

*shot*

DulieCakess

Monsters Inc or Monsters University, Atlantis, Frozen and Brave :3

ok sunny

Awards

Monsters Inc or Monsters University, Atlantis, Frozen and Brave :3
If Monsters Inc. or University were to be involved, they would most likely go with the prequal, Monsters University, so they'd have more to add from the film and for the world in a future game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I just find it so hard to imagine how they'd get a MU world to work. There wasn't any conventional villain and all of the challenges in the story stemmed from the personal struggles of the cast. I guess not every world needs to have that, though.

Monsters Inc, though. That has the perfect set-up to fit into KH. But MU was so good <3

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If I had a choice between Monsters Inc. and MU, I'd pick Monsters Inc. as a world.

Though a world centered around a University would be interesting. As for a villIian for that world, they could easily use Pete or one of the darknesses.

Awards

Just curious about something- and didn't think this question warranted it's own thread. Would you guys rather see longer, more in-depth Disney stories with less worlds, or about the same average length but more variety?

KHRULER

Awards

Same average,more variety and bigger worlds.

ok sunny

Awards

I just find it so hard to imagine how they'd get a MU world to work. There wasn't any conventional villain and all of the challenges in the story stemmed from the personal struggles of the cast. I guess not every world needs to have that, though.

Monsters Inc, though. That has the perfect set-up to fit into KH. But MU was so good <3
I see what you mean! But, I believe that they'd be able to stir something up with MU since they didn't have a main villain in the Winnie the Pooh book and Atlantica in KH2 (in some sense).

blksabbath74

This list isn't too bad, plus it gives more world options for later games. But I'm just wondering if Darkwing Duck and the Duck Tales would be included in the same world, because I'm not sure if they each take place in a different Universe.

Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck were definately set in the same world. They featured crossover characters such as Launchpad and Gizmo Duck. Darkwing Duck was a direct spinoff of Ducktales.

Personally, I'd rather see the world of Talespin than I would see the Jungle Book. It's the same classic characters, but in a much more interesting presentation and setting.

I agree, although I'm not sure what elements from MU could not be included in a Monstropolis setting. If they did that, it would work better with Mike and Sully working at Monsters Inc, and Randall Boggs as the main villain. However, you could probably include elements from MU as well. Ideally, you'd want a stand-alone world of Monstropolis, rather than to just be ferried through a version of one of the movies.

IMO, the strongest worlds have been those that did NOT just rehash the associated movie plot.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I see what you mean! But, I believe that they'd be able to stir something up with MU since they didn't have a main villain in the Winnie the Pooh book and Atlantica in KH2 (in some sense).

Yeah, but they were also side worlds with little to do with the overall game plot. I really enjoyed 100 Acre Woods in both games, but for something like Monsters Inc/University with the potential it has (doors, especially), I wouldn't want to see that potential lost.

I agree, although I'm not sure what elements from MU could not be included in a Monstropolis setting. If they did that, it would work better with Mike and Sully working at Monsters Inc, and Randall Boggs as the main villain. However, you could probably include elements from MU as well. Ideally, you'd want a stand-alone world of Monstropolis, rather than to just be ferried through a version of one of the movies.

IMO, the strongest worlds have been those that did NOT just rehash the associated movie plot.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that point. The movie rehash worlds were weak because it did little to integrate SDG into the plot outside of just sticking them there. Whenever the story did steer away from the movie, it had a much stronger experience (except the Pride Lands. 2nd visit was a waste of time. Can't even remember it well besides the giant Heartless and ghost!Scar).

And KH1, overall, had the most ideal way of presenting the Disney worlds. They were a dash of film story with a spin.

blksabbath74

Yeah, but they were also side worlds with little to do with the overall game plot. I really enjoyed 100 Acre Woods in both games, but for something like Monsters Inc/University with the potential it has (doors, especially), I wouldn't want to see that potential lost.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that point. The movie rehash worlds were weak because it did little to integrate SDG into the plot outside of just sticking them there. Whenever the story did steer away from the movie, it had a much stronger experience (except the Pride Lands. 2nd visit was a waste of time. Can't even remember it well besides the giant Heartless and ghost!Scar).

And KH1, overall, had the most ideal way of presenting the Disney worlds. They were a dash of film story with a spin.

Yeah, for Monstropolis, I would want it set AFTER the events of Monsters Inc. with a return of Randall Boggs somehow related to the Heartless/Organization plot, and have it include locations from both films to create a unified Monstropolis. Perhaps the Organization are trying to create more powerful Heartless/Nobodies from the Monsters.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Yeah, for Monstropolis, I would want it set AFTER the events of Monsters Inc. with a return of Randall Boggs somehow related to the Heartless/Organization plot, and have it include locations from both films to create a unified Monstropolis. Perhaps the Organization are trying to create more powerful Heartless/Nobodies from the Monsters.

Y'know I actually like the idea of the Organization wanting to create powerful heartless/nobodies from the monsters that occupy Monstropolis.

Though I would rather a Monsters Inc world take place during the original film.

blksabbath74

Y'know I actually like the idea of the Organization wanting to create powerful heartless/nobodies from the monsters that occupy Monstropolis.

Though I would rather a Monsters Inc world take place during the original film.

Xaldin was experimenting with it on Beast, so maybe thye've extrapolated how to do it and have tapped into a world with a readily available supply of Monsters. It actually works fairly well.

The problem with setting it DURING the film are;

1) All sorts of continuity issues

2) You basically feel like you are going through a cliff-notes version of a story you already know.

Having said that, it might be better to set it just prior to Monsters Inc, considering the changes to Monstropolis at the end of that movie. Either would work, though.

Awards

Xaldin was experimenting with it on Beast, so maybe thye've extrapolated how to do it and have tapped into a world with a readily available supply of Monsters. It actually works fairly well.

The problem with setting it DURING the film are;

1) All sorts of continuity issues

2) You basically feel like you are going through a cliff-notes version of a story you already know.

Having said that, it might be better to set it just prior to Monsters Inc, considering the changes to Monstropolis at the end of that movie. Either would work, though.

About the Xaldin thing they would try to do the same thing with Elsa if Arendelle was added.

roxaven

I'm pretty sure someone might have mentioned this Disney move earlier but I just took this quiz related to Disney and it mentioned which movie was your favorite and The Black Cauldron was listed. I haven't seen that movie in years but I just remember it being kind of dark and scary, but then again I was a wuss as a kid.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I also remember Robin Hood, where a fox was potrayed as robin hood, I can't help but think of Zidane since he kinda fits into the thief category. So maybe Zidane can make an appearance in that world since KH has no characters from FF9.

blksabbath74

About the Xaldin thing they would try to do the same thing with Elsa if Arendelle was added.

Considering her powers, I would think she would be more useful as a controlling villian, like Malificent's Council of Villians, than a Heartless/Nobody, but I could definately see her being wooed.

I would actually like to see more Disney Villains, because Disney makes fantastic villains, and I would like to see them take a greater role.

Someone had mentioned Malificient and Pete taking over the Heartless to make their own power play against the Organization. I would love to see them put togther a new council of villains. There are alot of good ones out there.

I'm pretty sure someone might have mentioned this Disney move earlier but I just took this quiz related to Disney and it mentioned which movie was your favorite and The Black Cauldron was listed. I haven't seen that movie in years but I just remember it being kind of dark and scary, but then again I was a wuss as a kid.

I also remember Robin Hood, where a fox was potrayed as robin hood, I can't help but think of Zidane since he kinda fits into the thief category. So maybe Zidane can make an appearance in that world since KH has no characters from FF9.

Robin Hood would work, but I don't really see FF characters in Disney specific worlds. As far as FF characters go, I'd like to see them used well (like Leon. Yuffie and Aerith in KH1) or not at all. They are solid characters and deserve better than being stuffed in as an afterthought. FF9 DOES have some of my favorite characters, though.

I seriously doubt they use The Black Cauldron, as it is part of Llord Alexander's Prydain series. He was a pretty well-known fantasy author at one time, and his estate will have those rights. Considering how poorly that film did, and the royalties they'd have to pay Alexander's estate, I doubt you'd see it. Also, it is pretty much Tolkienesque High Fantasy, and Disney has plenty of other similar routes for generic fantasy; The Sword & the Stone, Robin Hood, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, ect.

Back