• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Sofia the First is not confirmed for KH3

The fact that it has been discussed. At least there's a glimpse of hope some where. Maybe not for kingdom Hearts 3 but maybe for the future of the franchise. Can you though imagine how badass it'd be if it does appear in KH3 with a surprise trailer.......mmm

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

supersized-gargoyle-gif.gif

MY HOPE LIVES AGAIN

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Pro-tip, guys. If you find news, send it to main site staff. Don't post it in a thread. =D

redcrown

Awards

Qucik question, how would you guys feel about a Pocahontas world in KH3 or KH4? I see it barely talked about.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Qucik question, how would you guys feel about a Pocahontas world in KH3 or KH4? I see it barely talked about.

I am 100% torn on that.

On one hand, I have dreamed of seeing Pocahontas in KH3 for YEARS. I love the film, I love the story, I love the music, I love the characters.

On the other hand, I know how what kind of reputation follows the film and how historically inaccurate it is. It is an insult to truth of what happened to Native Americans, and specifically Pocahontas, when the British arrived on the American shores. It romanticizes John Smith despite having been a repugnant man. It also rewards Disney for actively rejecting help from the Powhatan people who were willing to work with the studio to craft the screenplay.

But again, I LOVE THE MOVIE SO MUCH. I want to see how Pocahontas' style would be rendered by the Kingdom Shaders and how they'd approach the story.

It's a major problem with the adult in me wanting to dislike Pocahontas on principle and the kid in me who was mesmerized by the film when she was so lucky to go to a special pre-screening with footage that wasn't in the theatrical release...and being Pocahontas for every Halloween until I was like 10...And having a Pocahontas poster over my bed...and playing the film over so much the VHS broke and my mom had to buy me a new copy...

I love it so much ;A;

But say there was a choice: Pocahontas or say...Atlantis? I'd pick Atlantis in a heartbeat because I think it is 1) the less offensive film and 2) the more fitting movie thematically.

I still want it and I have dreams of Sora standing on the top of the waterfall and jumping down to smash Heartless in the face, and running through the trees and meeting Grandmother Willow. ;~;

redcrown

Awards

I am 100% torn on that.

On one hand, I have dreamed of seeing Pocahontas in KH3 for YEARS. I love the film, I love the story, I love the music, I love the characters.

On the other hand, I know how what kind of reputation follows the film and how historically inaccurate it is. It is an insult to truth of what happened to Native Americans, and specifically Pocahontas, when the British arrived on the American shores. It romanticizes John Smith despite having been a repugnant man. It also rewards Disney for actively rejecting help from the Powhatan people who were willing to work with the studio to craft the screenplay.

But again, I LOVE THE MOVIE SO MUCH. I want to see how Pocahontas' style would be rendered by the Kingdom Shaders and how they'd approach the story.

It's a major problem with the adult in me wanting to dislike Pocahontas on principle and the kid in me who was mesmerized by the film when she was so lucky to go to a special pre-screening with footage that wasn't in the theatrical release...and being Pocahontas for every Halloween until I was like 10...And having a Pocahontas poster over my bed...and playing the film over so much the VHS broke and my mom had to buy me a new copy...

I love it so much ;A;

But say there was a choice: Pocahontas or say...Atlantis? I'd pick Atlantis in a heartbeat because I think it is 1) the less offensive film and 2) the more fitting movie thematically.

I still want it and I have dreams of Sora standing on the top of the waterfall and jumping down to smash Heartless in the face, and running through the trees and meeting Grandmother Willow. ;~;

I loved Pocahontas as a kid too (even now I probably do despite the inaccuracies and some of it's corniness). I used to think it was too realworld to fit in KH but if Mulan and HoND worked in this series then this would probably too. Exploring it would be amazing and beautiful.

Whenever I think about it in KH, I immediately think of this.
[video=youtube;bKD5WN47DOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKD5WN47DOU[/video]

Also I think it's fine still still love the film as an adult. As long as you know it's not realistic in any way and take it as fact (as a lot of adults do with untruthful films) then love it as it is all you want. Just cause it was wrong doesn't have to negate the rest of the film being good or animated beautifully.

(Although that is a bit sad that they rejected having real Powhatans help with the films' portrayal of their people and culture.....or just the screenplay?)

Ventus_

Awards

Master Spockanort said:

This is my standpoint.
I have an issue with it essentially portraying the relationship between John Smith and Pocahontas as incest. In reality he was a father figure to her, they were NOT lovers. And of course, I don't approve of the inaccurate portrayal of the Virginia settlement.

Credit must be given to them though for compensating with the sequel which was far more historically accurate.

I'm not saying I'm protesting KHIII using it, in fact, I believe I'd enjoy it, I DO enjoy the film although it's not a favorite and I adore 'If I Never Knew You' but that there are several films I'd select over it if giving the choice.

Like The Jungle Book. It came on television today (and Ironically Pocahontas just started on the same channel) and it made me consider it as a KH world. Sher Khan's hatred of man and their weapons would be a great form of darkness and he actually reminds me a bit of Scar in his mannerisms.

redcrown said:
I used to think it was too realworld to fit in KH but if Mulan and HoND worked in this series then this would probably too. Exploring it would be amazing and beautiful.

There is actually substance to this point. It literally IS real world, Pocahontas was (very loosely) based on actual people and events while HOND and Mulan were adapted from other (and darker) fiction.

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards

Like The Jungle Book. It came on television today (and Ironically Pocahontas just started on the same channel) and it made me consider it as a KH world. Sher Khan's hatred of man and their weapons would be a great form of darkness and he actually reminds me a bit of Scar in his mannerisms.

I really think Jungle Book would have fit perfectly in DDD and had a few advantages of being in it.

1. Sora and Riku were both younger and by themselves, making them in the same position as Mowgli in the film, which would have allowed them to have more personal experiences and interactions with the characters like Baloo or Bagheera.

It also would have given them the appearance of being more vulnerable (even when they really aren't) and smaller when faced with a villain like Shere Khan, more-so than if they were to fight him with other other party members in a numbered title.

2. It actually is a bit of a small and simpler film (absolutely nothing wrong with that btw), compared to more grandiose and larger ones like Frozen or Atlantis or even HoND, so it being included DDD would have given the world enough bulk and time to satisfy a side game like DDD but might be an underwhelming world in a major game like KH3.

3.The dream eaters were literally animals instead of monsters which would have made them blend well in the jungle more-so than the Heartless.

Really is a shame they never used it in DDD, because I have a strong feeling it won't be in KH3. So if it's used we won't see it for a long while until after this saga is over.

Ventus_

Awards

I really think Jungle Book would have fit perfectly in DDD and had a few advantages of being in it.

1. Sora and Riku were both younger and by themselves, making them in the same position as Mowgli in the film, which would have allowed them to have more personal experiences and interactions with the characters like Baloo or Bagheera.

It also would have given them the appearance of being more vulnerable (even when they really aren't) and smaller when faced with a villain like Shere Khan, more-so than if they were to fight him with other other party members in a numbered title.

2. It actually is a bit of a small and simpler film (absolutely nothing wrong with that btw), compared to more grandiose and larger ones like Frozen or Atlantis or even HoND, so it being included DDD would have given the world enough bulk and time to satisfy a side game like DDD but might be an underwhelming world in a major game like KH3.

3.The dream eaters were literally animals instead of monsters which would have made them blend well in the jungle more-so than the Heartless.

Really is a shame they never used it in DDD, because I have a strong feeling it won't be in KH3. So if it's used we won't see it for a long while until after this saga is over.

With the possible exception of Halloweentown in KHI, the heartless aren't meant to fit into any given world, that's their purpose, to be a strange and terrifying threat.
Apart from that, however, you make a valid argument in favor of the Jungle Book being most fitting in 3D which IMO, needed more worlds.

redcrown

Awards

With the possible exception of Halloweentown in KHI, the heartless aren't meant to fit into any given world, that's their purpose, to be a strange and terrifying threat.
Apart from that, however, you make a valid argument in favor of the Jungle Book being most fitting in 3D which IMO, needed more worlds.

Okay I actually take that argument point back. Rainbow colored creatures would still look odd and clashing in a natural colored film/world like Jungle Book. Heartless would probably look better, especially the pure ones. I still think that the film would have really worked in DDD.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

I mean they'll figure some way for jungle book to work if its in kh3.

Honestly i feel a potential jungle book world in kh3 should separate Sora donald and goofy with Sora spending most of the time with baloo and mowgli.

PhoenixKnight

Awards

Id love to see a more indepth version of Fantasia. Placed when King Mickey was just starting off as Yin Seds apprentice; just getting the grasp of magic and understanding light and dark powers.
Kinda relating to the last one of going in the past for something but also getting to take place in The Sword In The Stone. Maybe needing to talk to Merlin about obtaining some mystic object.
Jungle Book was meant to be added into KHBBS and Toy Story was going to be a summon in KH1-2 (I don't remember) so they have a very good chance of showing up in 3.
Robin Hood (1973) would be another classic that was never implemented in the series that seems like it would have been a fun world to visit. Not in a Winnie The Pooh way though, not in a way that was just mini games but a real world that's useful to the story. Like having the corruption being cause by a evil king that's being whispered to by the new Org XIII or something.
I would say The Rescuers but that gimmick was used in KH BBS when Ventus went to the Cinderella world.
The Brave Little Toaster would be fun but not as a real world, more like the mini game world.
James And The Giant Peach would kinda be weird but in a fun way. (like how C
aroline was a good movie)
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame is also another classic that was never made. I think its because Beauty And The Beast would play in a very similar way.
I normally don't like the un-animated movies in KH but Jumanji seems like it would be good but I don't know how it would be placed as a world.
Bugs Life could be interesting but its got the same gimmick as the Cinderella world.
Spirited Away, Monsters Inc. and Atlantis: The Lost Empire is another one that everybody seems to cheer for but never shows in KH games.
Treasure Planet would basically be the new Pirates Of The Caribbean but with a futuristic twist, maybe because Xehanort is back the barriers of words so Sora in the Gummie could have a stand off trying to keep everybody from that world from stealing riches from the other.
Holes
Howl's Moving Castle could be interesting but I don't really see how it could be placed in the game.

That's my list even though I would like to see some of the worlds again like Lilo and Stitch but cant think of how it would be 5 years later after after BBS. I just don't see them turning their head around ever again to makes these worlds, plus they where technical allready used so I skipped some.

Extra

Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

I'm not disagreeing that it'd potentially be a more powerful moment; I'm saying that that it would simply be very unlikely to actually happen, even if KH3 gets a SW-themed world. The Death Star as a SW 'world' makes sense, and while you presented a very clever and awesome way for Vader to be an ally, I don't see it being something that Nomura would do. Sora would most likely team up with Luke. Plain and simple. And chances are that you'd fight both Vader and the Emperor.

If that was to happen, maybe they'd pull off something similar to The Grid. In the first visit, you would fight Vader, who would retreat after saying a few words. In the second visit, it would lead to a climatic fight with the Emperor, who after being beaten would perform a last attempt on your life, only for Vader to sacrifice himself to defeat him.

yunami5

Awards

I mean they'll figure some way for jungle book to work if its in kh3.

Honestly i feel a potential jungle book world in kh3 should separate Sora donald and goofy with Sora spending most of the time with baloo and mowgli.

I'd really like this, and would actually like a lot more worlds where Sora,Donald, and Goofy get separated from each other similar to Deep Jungle in KH1.

Scorseselover

I would love a Zootopia world...if they don't get preachy with it.

Scorseselover

I thought the way they handled the message in Zootopia was a little preachy IMO.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I thought it was natural to the script they wrote. Once upon a time in American things were like this

Back