• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm just hoping the reason there was always only 1 female party member is because of the world choices and not some other dumb reason. Arendelle is sort of a red flag because if Mike Wazowski or Rapunzel could be party members (or even Woody), I don't see why Anna or Elsa couldn't have been. The obvious reason being that DISNEY didn't want those character used beyond the exact film recreation.

At least KH3 gave us Kairi, Aqua, and Xion as party members as well.

It will raise red flags to me if we visit multiple female led worlds like Zootopia, Moana, and Arendelle, and then end up with only 1 female party member. Like imagine if they put Moana and Raya in a game as the only female led worlds, then you have Raya and in Moana's world you get Maui instead.
I could totally see that happening, too, lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, Maui does have more party member skillset potential, & it would play into a possible bossfight with Te Kā.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean, Maui does have more party member skillset potential, & it would play into a possible bossfight with Te Kā.
Yeah but we've seen two party members now. Why can't we have Moana and Maui?

If we can have Rapunzel and Mike Wazowski be party members, I think the qualifications to be in the party has really been reduced to "are they the main characters of that film".

Elysium

Awards
Yeah but we've seen two party members now. Why can't we have Moana and Maui?

If we can have Rapunzel and Mike Wazowski be party members, I think the qualifications to be in the party has really been reduced to "are they the main characters of that film".
Don't forget Jack Skellington... A fighter, he ain't.

Besides, Moana controls the ocean. As for Anna, she was a PoH... It would have been easy to give her magic spells as a party member anyway, but being a PoH would've allowed her to have special light powers similar to Minnie. Perhaps she could've used Olaf's body parts as a weapon, too, lmao.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Don't forget Jack Skellington... A fighter, he ain't.

Besides, Moana controls the ocean. As for Anna, she was a PoH... It would have been easy to give her magic spells as a party member anyway, but being a PoH would've allowed her to have special light powers similar to Minnie. Perhaps she could've used Olaf's body parts as a weapon, too, lmao.
You're right and they gave Jack magic abilities that I don't recall seeing him use in the films. I guess we assume he has powers or can fight since he's the "Pumpkin King".

The only truly believable party members were: Tarzan, Aladdin, Peter Pan, The Beast, Mulan, Auron, Jack Sparrow, Simba, Tron, Hercules, Buzz & Woody (only because they stated that their weapons were "real" in the duplicate world), Sulley, Marshmallow, and Baymax.

Maybe it would have been easier to make a list of who was not believable lol.

The interesting thing with Mulan was that she's not useful early on, then they improve her. I would love to see this planning go into characters who have storylines like that in the film, such as Judy Hopps.

But to really make that noticeable, I suppose they have to really make the party members matter again.

Megavoltage

Awards
Lightyear is surely going to be in the game about exploring unreality. 99.9% certain it's in, it's too perfect a choice since it's a movie. I guess Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers also counts because it's just a show in-canon now?

This trailer doesn't really excite me:

So I guess Rescue Rangers is now a possibility for a KH world. And it's cool to see a certain rabbit again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lightyear is surely going to be in the game about exploring unreality. 99.9% certain it's in, it's too perfect a choice since it's a movie. I guess Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers also counts because it's just a show in-canon now?

So I guess Rescue Rangers is now a possibility for a KH world. And it's cool to see a certain rabbit again.
My brain can’t comprehend this film BUT I hope for a KH reference at the very least

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I can't really wrap my head around this trailer. All I know is it doesn't look to be for me.

2 quid is good

Awards
CHA CHA CHA CHIP N DALE

I thought it looked interesting, honestly I quite enjoyed it and I was a fan of the cartoon as a kid

Megavoltage

Awards
I like Rescue Rangers but I'm kind of confused on why that's the focus of this Roger Rabbit-esque movie. Chip n Dale are actors in this setting, right? It's not like Rescue Rangers were their only roles. What about their roles before and after? Or appearing in Kingdom Hearts as mechanics? If you're going to have them as old actors the entire list of shows/movies/games should be the focus instead of singling out just Rescue Rangers.

And the voices are weird. I'm usually not even really picky when it comes to voice actors, I never got the obsession with Billy Zane, lol. But Chip, Dale, and Monty just sound wrong. I guess they'll explain it away by saying they did those high voices for the show, the real life actors sound normal, but... I just don't like it.

But I always really wanted Roger Rabbit to appear in KH. He's relevant again being in a new movie, maybe Sora will finally get to meet him. And we might get a new Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers video game because of this, that's another fun possibility. You guys should play the Disney Afternoon Collection if you haven't already, the Rescue Rangers games are great.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
I like Rescue Rangers but I'm kind of confused on why that's the focus of this Roger Rabbit-esque movie. Chip n Dale are actors in this setting, right? It's not like Rescue Rangers were their only roles. What about their roles before and after? Or appearing in Kingdom Hearts as mechanics? If you're going to have them as old actors the entire list of shows/movies/games should be the focus instead of singling out just Rescue Rangers.

And the voices are weird. I'm usually not even really picky when it comes to voice actors, I never got the obsession with Billy Zane, lol. But Chip, Dale, and Monty just sound wrong. I guess they'll explain it away by saying they did those high voices for the show, the real life actors sound normal, but... I just don't like it.
i'm not sure if this will count as an answer, but i believe it to be an example multiverse theory.

that every movie/tv series/ect made my disney is its own separate universe. so in one universe, the Rescue Rangers was only a show, while in another, they and their adventures were real and in the Kingdom Hearts universe, they are mechanics.

Zackarix

Awards
Not a fan of that trailer but maybe the Rescue Rangers appearing in a big film will raise the chances of Gadget, Monty, and Zipper appearing in KH?

(Fun Fact: Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers was originally conceived of as a Rescuers TV show, but when Disney decided to make a theatrical sequel instead the concept for retooled to star Chip and Dale.)

Megavoltage

Awards
Not a fan of that trailer but maybe the Rescue Rangers appearing in a big film will raise the chances of Gadget, Monty, and Zipper appearing in KH?
I think so and hope so! Like you I'm not super excited about the trailer but more interested into how it leaks into KH. Maybe this will lead to more tv show characters getting in.

The villain of the movie that did the Jurassic Park roar, Fat Cat? Fat Cat's daughter? It looks like s/he is able to absorb different characters into his/herself. Endless boss potential here if this does become a KH world. Also if you look closely you can see Chip has a dog ear in some scenes so that bizarre ability of stealing and switching body pieces could also happen to Playable Character. Lots of wild possibilities.

I wonder if Jessica Rabbit or Eddie Valiant will show up.

Elysium

Awards
Wasn't sure to put this here or in random thoughts, but... I was thinking about how there aren't enough slots in the new PoH lineup for all of the most recent Disney princesses (Tiana, Raya, Moana, Mirabel, Anna, Elsa, Rapunzel). One will have to sit out to make room for Kairi and those last three are already confirmed. I know some in the Encanto thread said they kind of thought it might contradict Encanto's moral for Mirabel to be included, but, I don't know, I think it would fit the movie for her to have a light inside her that nobody in her world can see and that they overlook. Which means either Moana or Raya would be the preferrable choice to sit out, and Raya may be the better choice to leave out while still keeping it relevant to the plot of finding them.

Think of it, SDG may be deliberately keeping an eye out for PoHs in one of the next two installments, they come to Kumandra and hear about a "princess of Heart" from meeting, say, Namaari first before anyone else*, not realizing that Heart is a place there rather than what they're thinking of. It would be a nice fake-out plot.

* SDG meeting Namaari first would be appropriate since the climax is Raya trying to trust Namaari despite the past. Perhaps Namaari shows a different side of herself to SDG early on before they end up with Raya, and they help Sisu to nudge Raya along because of it.

Zackarix

Awards
How many sci-fi/space opera-adjacent properties does Disney own?

I'm just wondering if it would be possible a Gummi Ship spin-off without relying too heavily on Star Wars.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How many sci-fi/space opera-adjacent properties does Disney own?

I'm just wondering if it would be possible a Gummi Ship spin-off without relying too heavily on Star Wars.
Like…none? Mars Needs Moms? Titan A.E.?

I’m sure there are things I’m not considering but nothing major.

Zackarix

Awards
Like…none? Mars Needs Moms? Titan A.E.?

I’m sure there are things I’m not considering but nothing major.
There's also stuff like Treasure Planet and The Black Hole. And Lilo and Stitch, but I don't want to see another take on Stitch without Lilo. I was just wondering if there were any other space movies in Disney's live-action catalog.

But I suppose that "I know that Disney now owns the space opera, but is there any obscure stuff we could use instead?" is sort of a loser question.

Back