• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

We better! After all these years only two games where you even get to set foot on it, one not even being the real one, we'd better get to explore it! ;A;

That`s what I want as well. Hopefully early in KH3 we can explore the main island and town. We could see Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus again (and hopefully meet SRK`s parents)

Gram

Banned
Awards

That`s what I want as well. Hopefully early in KH3 we can explore the main island and town. We could see Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus again (and hopefully meet SRK`s parents)

I'd give up on the parents, they've never been important before. It's a miracle we got off hand mentions they even have any. xD
Agreed I want to explore the entire islands and I want the islands to be there for revisit later.

Megavoltage

Awards

I would love it if Frozen was in KH3. I have some ideas and questions about it fitting into Kingdom Hearts.

Sven would sell you stuff instead of the usual Moogle for this world. Maybe Donald or someone else could call him a crook and this leads to being comically thrown out of his store.

A segment where you fight off wolves from catching up to your speeding sled would be fun. This would be similar to the T-Rex fight in The Three Musketeers world.

The giant snowman as a midboss. Maybe he could be the boss as well after he's infused by darkness for a powerup by one of the Xehanorts.

Riku has a strong connection and understanding with Elsa. I got this idea from Spock's posts, it's such a cool idea that it needs to be mentioned again. And Sora would have a connection with Anna with how she puts so much faith in her loved ones and wants to help them so badly and is crazed with the idea of making new friends.

Olaf as a summon after you complete Frozen's world. Maybe he could sneeze his carrot at enemies or something silly like that.

Elsa as a boss battle! Her demigod-tier magic makes Blizzaga look like a small, worthless ice cube. She can change summer into a super winter and create sapient life SUBCONSCIOUSLY, she’s beyond even the Ice Titan with her icy powers. So fighting Elsa when she really lets loose would be an awesome fight! Maybe she attacks the heroes because of a misunderstanding, like the Terra vs Peter Pan fight, or something like that?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

while I am kind of on the fence about marvel being in the series, I am kind of interested in a Big Hero 6 world. Even though I have not seen the film yet, I really love the design of the main setting, San Fransokyo

Ventus_

Awards

Personally I believe a Treasure Planet world would be pretty amazing. It has a lot of potential and the entire atmosphere of the film would fit in well with that of the game. It could introduce Silver as a friendly supporting character, and maybe not necessarily in the Treasure Planet world itself but then later he suddenly shows up in a scene featuring a Villain conversation. It would still however feature him appearing to offer Sora and Co. advice. If he actually chooses Sora in the end after his defeat as the final boss of his world would be up to the developers because honestly I can't decide which way wold be more suitable. That whole double agent thing his character already provides right out of the film would add a unique spin to the KH world IMO.

The Emperor's New Groove could have potential. This could be the perfect chance to revive the aspect of Yzma's character that was removed when the original 'Kingdom Of the Sun' script was scrapped. If you don't know what I'm talking about here:

Blue Sky Disney: Was Kingdom Of The Sun... More Fun?
and here is a glimpse of the Yzma concept.
Disney's Kingdom Of The Sun - Yzma Concept Pencil Animation - YouTube

There was so much darkness to her that is perfect for the KH Villain circle.

... (and hopefully meet SRK`s parents)

Honestly I don't see much point in going that far as they are unimportant. Though a more extended version of the island is fine idea and since beginning 1.5 something has come to my interest. The beginning of the story reveals that Kairi is not an island native as the other two characters are and has no memory of where she is from. I'd like to see that revealed.

Unfortunately though I will not be able to play this new third installment, not for several years at least as I haven't the PS4 nor a Xbox. I just barely received the PS3 so a PS4 is not happening anytime soon and I have no interest in an Xbox. Shitty they're not making it for the PS3 as well.

Last edited:

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3

So, I actually haven't watched the film yet but many are calling Frozen the best Disney animated film since the early 90's (Lion King/Beauty and the Beast era). With such amazing reviews, I wonder what people would think of a Frozen world?

There's some precedent as well in terms of quick turn around, Pirates of the Caribbean was released in 2003 I believe, with Kingdom Hearts II coming out in 2005. No reason a Frozen world can't be made if Kingdom Hearts 3 is not out until 2015.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3

Though Frozen's getting rave reviews, to be fair, Pirates of the Carribean's run as a Disney property began well before the movies released, and I'm sure that would factor into discussions of deals, ownership, copyright, and all the other things that go along with sharing intellectual properties.

But I definitely reckon Wreck-It-Ralph should make it into KH3, and from what people are saying, Frozen is just as good if not better, so more power to it.

Last edited:

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I should probably watch Wreck it Ralph, from what I understand part of that movie's charm is that it's a bit meta and has a lot of cultural references? You think that type of style would fit in with Kingdom Hearts?

That's definitely true that the pirates "IP" has been around much longer with the ride and all, I don't doubt however that Disney will be quick to merchandise the hell out of Frozen if it becomes a commercial success, it has that whole Disney princess appeal.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

So, I actually haven't watched the film yet but many are calling Frozen the best Disney animated film since the early 90's (Lion King/Beauty and the Beast era). With such amazing reviews, I wonder what people would think of a Frozen world?

There's some precedent as well in terms of quick turn around, Pirates of the Caribbean was released in 2003 I believe, with Kingdom Hearts II coming out in 2005. No reason a Frozen world can't be made if Kingdom Hearts 3 is not out until 2015.

You should check out the film Monkey. I don't think it's as good as The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast, but it's still a really enjoyable film. I think Frozen would be a great world for KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You should watch both. They're equally good films in their own way, and they can easily be manipulated to function as a world inside KH.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

From a thematic standpoint, I think it'd fit in perfectly. The film's two main characters, Elsa & Anna, have quite a few things in common with Riku & Sora when it comes to trust, fear, and bringing people home.

From a business standpoint, Kingdom Hearts has everything to gain from Frozen. Even if it is a few years after the film's release, it'll still be fresh on people's mind and all of the praise it has been getting can easily be referenced when Kingdom Hearts is being promoted.

I should probably watch Wreck it Ralph, from what I understand part of that movie's charm is that it's a bit meta and has a lot of cultural references? You think that type of style would fit in with Kingdom Hearts?

Well, Tron was rather meta and it made it into KH2 & KH3D. The idea that the inhabitants of a world recognize they might not be "real" in the context that they are just zeros and ones has even been visited by Re:coded, so...it's certainly not out-of-bounds in that regard. The cultural references, mainly the video game ones, probably wouldn't make it into KH if they made it a world.

You'd need to see the movie to understand what I mean with my statement, but the bulk of the story happens in one specific "game" and the rest serve more as world-building and plot setup. It wouldn't be too hard to work it into Kingdom Hearts. Stranger things have happened...

I don't doubt however that Disney will be quick to merchandise the hell out of Frozen if it becomes a commercial success, it has that whole Disney princess appeal.

Oh Jeels, Disney merchandised Frozen before Frozen was even close to coming out. There were more toys and picture books out than trailers before November even rolled around. xD

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Frozen has a lot of potential as a world. Riku could relate to Elsa and Sora could relate to Anna as well. Plus they could use Olaf as an example that anyone and anything could grow a heart.

I would love to have Marshmallow as a summon (or boss fight).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Frozen has a lot of potential as a world. Riku could relate to Elsa and Sora could relate to Anna as well. Plus they could use Olaf as an example that anyone and anything could grow a heart.

I would love to have Marshmallow as a summon (or boss fight).
I'm getting kind of sick of Sora being paired with the bright optimistic person and Riku with the dark and lonely person. I wish they would switch it up for once.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I'm getting kind of sick of Sora being paired with the bright optimistic person and Riku with the dark and lonely person. I wish they would switch it up for once.

I understand that. But you have to keep in mind that riku and elsa's situations are very similar. Riku could really get through to Elsa because he could understand her fears and worries. Sora wouldn't, which is why I think Riku would pair better with Elsa than Sora. Just my two cents.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I understand that. But you have to keep in mind that riku and elsa's situations are very similar. Riku could really get through to Elsa because he could understand her fears and worries. Sora wouldn't, which is why I think Riku would pair better with Elsa than Sora. Just my two cents.
Meanwhile Sora can get Elsa to understand that opening your heart to love is a good thing and Riku can tell Anna about the struggles of a person living in shame and what it's like fear peoples judgements every day.

If they stick to the same formula of what you said, then it's just a rehash of the Riku and Sora we know from Re:CoM and DDD, instead of shaking things up and developing these characters to be more understanding in different situations.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Meanwhile Sora can get Elsa to understand that opening your heart to love is a good thing and Riku can tell Anna about the struggles of a person living in shame and what it's like fear peoples judgements every day.

If they stick to the same formula of what you said, then it's just a rehash of the Riku and Sora we know from Re:CoM and DDD, instead of shaking things up and developing these characters to be more understanding in different situations.

I suppose seeing sora and riku try to help people in situations they're not familiar with would be an interesting change of pace. But I really want to see Riku use his past experiences and lessons to help people who have troubles similar to his. Especially now that he's pretty much a fully realized character

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Though Frozen's getting rave reviews, to be fair, Pirates of the Carribean's run as a Disney property began well before the movies released, and I'm sure that would factor into discussions of deals, ownership, copyright, and all the other things that go along with sharing intellectual properties.

But I definitely reckon Wreck-It-Ralph should make it into KH3, and from what people are saying, Frozen is just as good if not better, so more power to it.

There's not much to get into regarding intellectual properties with Frozen, Disney released it and the original story is in public domain. They wouldn't have to do as much as they would have with, say, Star Wars or even Pirates of the Caribbean. Because the live action actors had to be compensated because of the use of their likenesses. (Sometimes Disney gets around this, and it wasn't really ever a problem until recently, but it has prevented things-such as Giselle from Enchanted becoming a Disney Princess because Amy Adams owns the rights to her own likeness also, see King Louie in the Jungle Book ((though I believe that was resolved recently)).

Time frames don't matter much at the moment. Chicken Little was in Kingdom Hearts II, and that film hadn't even been out in Japan OR America when they finished development. (I know he was just a summon, but you take my meaning)

D

Deleted member 205602

If a world like Frozen was utilized, could Sora and Riku be directly inserted into the actual story? Could Sora have his heart frozen instead of Anna and Riku teams up with Anna to find a way to unfreeze it, leaving the idea of the whole "true love" concept, or even utilizing that to build character development in the relationship between Sora and Riku, or even Kairi? I think the idea of directly incorporating the stories with the protagonists could be interesting, as they would provide specific concentration on specific characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If a world like Frozen was utilized, could Sora and Riku be directly inserted into the actual story? Could Sora have his heart frozen instead of Anna and Riku teams up with Anna to find a way to unfreeze it, leaving the idea of the whole "true love" concept, or even utilizing that to build character development in the relationship between Sora and Riku, or even Kairi? I think the idea of directly incorporating the stories with the protagonists could be interesting, as they would provide specific concentration on specific characters.

I don`t think any of us want a Frozen world to follow to closely to the film`s plot. That`s the problem with most of the worlds in the series. I think that the plot of disney worlds should have some elements from the film, but also some original elements as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

While it'd be interesting, that leads to the problem of making Sora way too important by shoving aside the film's original protagonist (and also weakening the theme of the story by disregarding the protagonist). Sora shouldn't become the focal point of the story. He should certainly play an important role, and the story should also be important to the game's overall story, but there has to be limits on what role Sora takes within the world.

Also I don't think Sora should have anymore heart issues. That boy's heart gets screwed over a lot when it comes to his heart xD

There are certainly ways to inject them into the story that makes sure it stays true to the film's theme but makes everything work together.

Back