• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So Luca trailer dropped. So far the film doesn't look like it offers a whole lot that would make it interesting as a video game level. Small setting, mostly just normal people in an antagonistic role.
There should be at least an interesting underwater location we haven't seen yet. Also it think a rustic seaside town can be just as interesting as say Corona which was rather idyllic and simple for being mostly forest while still having some amazing locations.

I think KH needs more of those simple locations with simple stories to break up the larger levels.

Also a town of people who hold a hatred for sea creatures makes for some interesting "inner darkness" discussions.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
There should be at least an interesting underwater location we haven't seen yet. Also it think a rustic seaside town can be just as interesting as say Corona which was rather idyllic and simple for being mostly forest while still having some amazing locations.

I think KH needs more of those simple locations with simple stories to break up the larger levels.

Also a town of people who hold a hatred for sea creatures makes for some interesting "inner darkness" discussions.
Also they could give Sora a really cool fishman form whenever he enters the water. That alone would be worth the world

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
IDK, kinda strikes me as summon material. Assuming Disney even allows those again.

WaltK

Awards
Here’s something I don’t think I’ve seen asked; what would the new Disney worlds be called?

Some ideas:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Here’s something I don’t think I’ve seen asked; what would the new Disney worlds be called?

Some ideas:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
i approve of all of them.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I believe the name of the sub-country in TGMD is called Mousedom. I'd probably just call a TSitS world Camelot. A lot of those are great though. A Bambi world isn't one I've ever given much thought before. I can't imagine anything but The Noble Wood now.

Dark Rot

Awards
I watched The Book of Life yesterday, and though I'm sure they wouldn't include a Fox production when there's Coco with such similar themes, but that's a shame because Book of Life is visually so much more striking and fun, and has awesome bossfights built right in. Xibalba in KH would be too perfect.

Barrett

Awards
Without spoiling anything, the world and story of Raya and the Last Dragon would perfectly fit the universe of Kingdom Hearts like a glove, imo. I would give anything to be able to explore the world of Kumandra, especially with the kind of worldbuilding seen in KH3 but done even better.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
While I want the film story in KH when it comes to Raya, I wouldn't mind a post-film version of the Raya world at some point, too, which would allow us to both Raya and Namaari as party members simultaneously. Hopefully there will just be a sequel which will solve that problem. ;P

Barrett

Awards
While I want the film story in KH when it comes to Raya, I wouldn't mind a post-film version of the Raya world at some point, too, which would allow us to both Raya and Namaari as party members simultaneously. Hopefully there will just be a sequel which will solve that problem. ;P
With the way the film ends, it definitely opens up a lot of possible ways to explore the world of Kumandra post-film. Even just the concept of Heartless, or maybe also bringing back the Unversed somehow, suddenly appearing in the world after the Drunn have all disappeared would be a great way to create the needed tension and could place distrust amongst the people of Kumandra again after they finally reunited together at last. I could also see Riku being involved in this world too, or at least Sora reflecting on how he was before and framing it as a parallel to how Raya and Namaari view each other throughout the whole movie.

palizinhas

Awards
So, uh, (DuckTales 2017 finale spoilers)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Barrett

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Technically he has 3 daughters seeing Webby/April has her two clones/sisters. Though it seems like Donald might be taking over as the parental figure to May and June. Still not sure how I feel about the retcon of Webby actually being April and for them all to be kids of Scrouge and not Daisy's nieces, though for this universe it kinda fits.

With how the show ended I kind of wish we'd get another season or movies to get a better feeling for the new status quo.

Rii

Awards
Without spoiling anything, the world and story of Raya and the Last Dragon would perfectly fit the universe of Kingdom Hearts like a glove, imo. I would give anything to be able to explore the world of Kumandra, especially with the kind of worldbuilding seen in KH3 but done even better.

From my first glimpse of Raya, I knew it would fit well in the KH universe, but the icing on the cake was
Spoiler Spoiler Show

WaltK

Awards
I think I may have figured out a way to incorporate an Inside Out world in the game which works with KH lore and eliminates the awkwardness that people feel about Sora going into Riley’s mind;

Sora, or whoever the main character may be, finds Riley’s lost heart, inside of which resides Riley’s emotions, and a dark, lifeless version of her mindscape without any of her memories, which are still in her body.

Dark Rot

Awards
I just feel like it would be a missed opportunity to bother with Riley at all instead of using Sora or somebody, so that way the whole emotional storyline going on inside the person's mind is directly tied to the story overall instead of just metaphorically. I don't think we have to worry about whether anything "works" with KH lore, because the lore is pretty all-encompassing and changes with each game anyway. The mind and memories (within the mind) surprisingly haven't been concretely visualized so far, and Inside Out kind of already looks like an original KH world. Sure the choice of 5 basic emotions feels a little limited (and personally I don't think Disgust is primary enough) but it's such a contained setting that I don't see how it would interfere with uh, whatever else would be going on in this hypothetical KH game.

I guess I could see people thinking it wouldn't jive with the Station of Awakening, with the technical distinctions between the heart and mind still left vague. And a completely original world inside someone's mind palace or heart would be really cool and very Kingdom Hearts. What it comes down to for me is, I think the whole inner exploration concept is too good to use on anyone but an already-existing KH character. Even Pete I'd be fine with.

WaltK

Awards
My only problem with using a character other than Riley is that we’ll basically be interacting with an entirely new set of emotions.

As we’ve seen within the movie itself, everyone’s own sets of emotions are unique, and the mindscapes they inhabit are unique too.

You really think we’re going to meet actual, literal Amy Poehler Joy or Bill Hader Fear inside Kairi’s, or whoever else’s head? I doubt it.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I doubt they would do a world inside Riley's mind or heart but what if instead: there's a side quest where SDG meets Riley in Radiant Garden or Twilight Town and try to make her feel better.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My only problem with using a character other than Riley is that we’ll basically be interacting with an entirely new set of emotions.

As we’ve seen within the movie itself, everyone’s own sets of emotions are unique, and the mindscapes they inhabit are unique too.

You really think we’re going to meet actual, literal Amy Poehler Joy or Bill Hader Fear inside Kairi’s, or whoever else’s head? I doubt it.
Knowing Pixar, they'll find some creative way to make it work.

Dark Rot

Awards

As the credits showed, everyone has some version of the same emotions, so yeah they'd basically be the same but tuned to Sora or whoever's tendencies, with some cute little visual changes, like giving them his anime hair. Or, not, they could look and act the same and it wouldn't feel off because Riley had the "standard" set compared to the other people shown. And new personality islands based on things we know from KH is way more interesting than those of some random girl in a completely different dimension. I don't think there's any storytelling advantage of using Riley for KH whereas there's infinite potential in using Sora. It doesn't have to be strictly faithful to the movie, since KH adaptations never are.

Back